Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lonk

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xenoblade X is Number 4 in the leading sales charts in Japan.

Though it lost out to Puzzles & Dragons 3D and the Dragon Quest X games in number of sales (not hard to believe, considering the popularity of the three games in Japan), it beat out Bravely Second and other titles.  And keep in mind that this is just for the individual retail of the game and not the Wii U bundle with Xenoblade X.

This is actually very good news, considering that the game is more than likely going to sell better in other regions than in Japan (especially if Nintendo does plan to release a Wii U bundle with Xenoblade Chronicles X included and will prioritize advertising it).

Great. It sold 8 thousand copies and beat out a game that is seriously underperforming.

Color me impressed.

• 4 weeks later...

Why doesn't anyone talk about this game?  It has a December 4th release date, Elma is being voiced by Tara Platt, Lin is being voiced by Cassandra Lee and the dub is amazing.  Why should you care about the disappointing or established games at E3 when this game is coming?

Wait a minute, I've been keeping away from this game like the plague since I haven't finished the first one yet, but I just decided to read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia and are they not even related?!

Completely different story.  XCX's story is not related to the preceding game's story.

Why doesn't anyone talk about this game?  It has a December 4th release date, Elma is being voiced by Tara Platt, Lin is being voiced by Cassandra Lee and the dub is amazing.  Why should you care about the disappointing or established games at E3 when this game is coming?

See, I had heard we've heard the dub but I never saw anything past that. Time to research.

Wait a minute, I've been keeping away from this game like the plague since I haven't finished the first one yet, but I just decided to read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia and are they not even related?!

Yea. Totally separate things.

See, I had heard we've heard the dub but I never saw anything past that. Time to research.

Here's the first video with english voice acting.  Cassandra Lee nails Lin's voice.  Also, it opens up with 'Damn'.

Here's the first video with english voice acting.  Cassandra Lee nails Lin's voice.  Also, it opens up with 'Damn'.

Sweet. Thanks.

Just watched the various trailers, is that Sawano Hiroyuki music I hear? Oh, goodie.

Yep. I know very few Japanese composers, but I've quickly learned his name. Dude produces some amazing music and has a very distinct style.

Also, speaking of the music, looks like a LOT more of the soundtrack has found its way on youtube. Black Tar is super fascinating. Its like 3 or 4 songs in one.

It's hard not to compare this game to something like PSO2. Because it looks so much like PSO2. The gameplay, the world it's set in, hell even the character models and how they sound is all reminiscent of PSO2 to me. I don't like that. I was thinking that this was going to be a more futuristic type of sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, but looking at it now it just looks like a knock off of PSO2 in every regard. 

It's hard not to compare this game to something like PSO2. Because it looks so much like PSO2. The gameplay, the world it's set in, hell even the character models and how they sound is all reminiscent of PSO2 to me. I don't like that. I was thinking that this was going to be a more futuristic type of sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, but looking at it now it just looks like a knock off of PSO2 in every regard. 

The game harkens back more to the style of the Xenosaga games, but Phantasy Star Online 2 works as well.  Heck, this may be the taste that westerners have always desired.

• 1 month later...

Special Editions confirmed for Europe and North American release

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/xenoblade_chronicles_x_wii_u_bundle_and_special_edition_confirmed_for_europe_wii_original_on_the_eshop_now

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/629003322540851200

European Special Edition comes with the game, an artbook, a map, a double-sided poster and a steelbook while the console bundle comes the Wii U and everything else the Special Edition has minus the poster and steelbook.

North America's bundle contents are unconfirmed so far.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I updated this thread, but there is some very significant information that people need to know.

-The limited edition bundle for North America is confirmed.  For $89.99, you get what is seen here:

xenoblade_chronicles_x_special_edition_b

-According to an article in GameInformer, the four DLC characters (Axana, Boze, HB and Yelve) will be included in the international version for free.

Archived