Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lonk

I don't even really mind it being that big, even if there's not much that's interesting. It kind of reminds me of SotC, except a lot bigger: mostly flat, featureless rolling hills or plains, with maybe some stuff in the distance. A real tone setter for me, personally.

i mean if it has the kind of purpose that SotC did. But we're also talking about an absolute masterpiece in that, so I'm not sure we know enough about the game thematically to know how it's functioning.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean if it has the kind of purpose that SotC did. But we're also talking about an absolute masterpiece in that, so I'm not sure we know enough about the game thematically to know how it's functioning.

True, but I'd rather be on the optimistic side. Plus, even if it didn't have any REAL stuff to fill it up, random fauna/terrain generators are getting better. Maybe it'll be some sort of constantly changing landscape.

If the directs, streams and articles on this game are to go by, there will be TONS to do.  For example, you can join various subsections of each BLADE group, which will take you to very different areas.  Plus, you will also be rewarded for going out of your way to explore with EXP and class points, just like in the previous game.

It's not going to be empty, and it will at least reward you in a seemingly empty area.

THATS THAT SONGS NAME!!! Seriously, that song is outstanding. I really hope the OST is made available in the US.

We were all asking for the song's name, and I hope so as well.  Though, with Club Nintendo shutting down soon, I doubt that will happen.

Also, Melancholia will have a version specific to this game.

I have a question to pose for everyone regarding the game:

Considering all of the circumstances surrounding Xenoblade Chronicles X (2nd official entry in a series, a genre that isn't widely accepted worldwide, very risky investment due to how much money is going into the development, Shulk as a playable character in Smash, ect), do you think that this game's success or failure will heavily impact Nintendo as a whole?

In my view, I have to say yes.  I say yes because this game is putting Nintendo's trust in Monolith Soft on the line, as well as the trust of many other potential developers who are keeping track with the game's development.  If the game succeeds, then it perfectly shows off what the Wii U is capable of to those on the fence and it will dispel any doubts of the system.  In addition, the Xenoblade Chronicles series will become a main series staple for Nintendo.  But, if the game fails, developers will write off the Wii U as wasted potential, the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise will be killed completely and Nintendo and Monolith Soft will have a very strained relationship.

I have a question to pose for everyone regarding the game:

Considering all of the circumstances surrounding Xenoblade Chronicles X (2nd official entry in a series, a genre that isn't widely accepted worldwide, very risky investment due to how much money is going into the development, Shulk as a playable character in Smash, ect), do you think that this game's success or failure will heavily impact Nintendo as a whole?

In my view, I have to say yes.  I say yes because this game is putting Nintendo's trust in Monolith Soft on the line, as well as the trust of many other potential developers who are keeping track with the game's development.  If the game succeeds, then it perfectly shows off what the Wii U is capable of to those on the fence and it will dispel any doubts of the system.  In addition, the Xenoblade Chronicles series will become a main series staple for Nintendo.  But, if the game fails, developers will write off the Wii U as wasted potential, the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise will be killed completely and Nintendo and Monolith Soft will have a very strained relationship.

Honest answer, no.

The game is too niche to matter that much.  If it succeeds, it will not convince 3rd parties to develop for the Wii U, if it fails, no one will notice except Nintendo fans and trolls. 

Also, the industry doesn't work that way.  Single games do not hold that much weight. 

I think its success could have an impact. As we've seen in FFXV Xenoblade has had an affect on the RPG genre and if this ends doing well we could see that influence spread. I don't think its success or failure will mean for the Wii U over all though. Most people already have their minds made up about it and what would be considered a success will vary. I mean, Tomb Raider was called a failure when it sold 3 million units and I don't think X needs that many to be called a success. I do think a failure might result in Nintendo not hyping up and pushing similar games though.

I just don't want anything to happen to Monolith Soft if it does flop.  A flop for a high-profile game is always devastating for the developer and the publisher.  Though, I guess Nintendo realized this when they had such a high-risk investment into the game.

I think another thing the game has to contend with is the low user the base the Wii U has currently. What would be a reasonable expectation for the game given this. A million copies might not be much, but that is still about 10% which seems about what you'd expect for this kind of game. I mean Smash only has about 33% of users with the game and I don't expect X to come anywhere near that amount.

Alot of new information was dumped today:

-You can have up to 4 characters in battle at a time.

-Chain Attacks are confirmed.

-There are four different types of arts: Physical, Gun, Support and Distract (though, Ru was seen using Magic so that could be another art).

-There are many different weapon and armor types to choose from.  There are swords, knives, guns, and more.

-There actually are arts that heal the entire party.

51 days before Japan gets its release of this game.

So, given what we know about the game, who is your favorite character so far?

Mine is between Elma and Lynlee.  Elma looks and acts like a very strong female character while having alot of personality, and Lynlee has a bubbly personality but is a teen genius, which gives her quite a hardened edge.

So looks like a lot of the stuff from Xenoblade carried over. Makes sense really. Thing I noticed most though was the music. Pretty much every track they played during the video was sweet. 

Thing about the allies is interesting. Not sure how good it is since one of the things that really made Xenoblade amazing was being able to get so close to the small main cast. Though we have no idea how the many characters join and how long they stay. Plus they could still have it be amazing even if its large. 

So looks like a lot of the stuff from Xenoblade carried over. Makes sense really. Thing I noticed most though was the music. Pretty much every track they played during the video was sweet. 

Thing about the allies is interesting. Not sure how good it is since one of the things that really made Xenoblade amazing was being able to get so close to the small main cast. Though we have no idea how the many characters join and how long they stay. Plus they could still have it be amazing even if its large. 

There would probably be a good focus on the characters.  I'm actually expecting some bonding quests in the game.

Also, I was wrong about the Chain Attack; it was replaced with Overclock Mode (which still serves the same purpose of the Chain Attack).  Also, your Ally A.I. is much more intelligent this time around.

Alot of new information was dumped today:

-You can have up to 4 characters in battle at a time.
-Chain Attacks are confirmed.
-There are four different types of arts: Physical, Gun, Support and Distract (though, Ru was seen using Magic so that could be another art).
-There are many different weapon and armor types to choose from.  There are swords, knives, guns, and more.
-There actually are arts that heal the entire party.

Four characters in battle is seriously a welcome relief at this point. I don't think you could ever change characters in the middle of the battle in the first game, so if they add that in, that'd be even better, though four characters at once is plenty already.

Four characters in battle is seriously a welcome relief at this point. I don't think you could ever change characters in the middle of the battle in the first game, so if they add that in, that'd be even better, though four characters at once is plenty already.

Considering that there is implied to be a crapton of characters you can play as in the game, that [i]is[/i] a welcome addition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived