Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lonk

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude I don't even know what a doll IS

Have you been keeping in track with all the XCX-related news?  Several videos and press releases have already shown and stated that Dolls are the mechas piloted by BLADE.

According to the video, Dolls are highly customizable and a good number are named after various Judeo-Christian daemons (Lailah, Mastema, Wels, ect.).  They have a fuel gauge which is consumed through arts and movement, but is restored while away from them.  Dolls have multiple transformations, such as tank and strider forms.  Also, the video implies that the rings around the character's irises are due to being equipped with the armor that allows one to pilot a Doll (which explains why Elma's rings are so prominant.)

It also shows more in-depth the online functions, which are very similar to how Monster Hunter works.

Its pretty funny, I recently realized Hiroyuki did ALDNOAH.ZERO's ending theme and aLIEz. I knew he did Attack on Titan and Kill La Kill music, but man this dude gets around. Game is going to have an insane soundtrack if his past work is any indication.

What was your favorite teased track?

Mine is 46-:ri9

What was your favorite teased track?

Mine is 46-:ri9

Thats a hard question, but because I'm unoriginal I'm going to say The Key We've Lost. I just love it so much. For tracks I hadn't heard that stood out Wir Fliegen, So nah, So fern, and Black Tar would be my top choices. The ones I liked the least would be By My Side and Don't Worry. Which funny cause they have a similar tonal feel to Wir Fliegen, but I guess they pushed it a little too far for my tastes. They are still good, I just like them the least.

You know what, I'm just going to flat-out say it:

Telethia confirmed for X.

[url=http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/xenoblade/images/2/25/Telethia_Plume.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20150411124833]Link to Image[/url]

This one is a Plume Telethia.  And, there's apparently a Telethia by the name of Lao Chimera Telethia.  Lao happens to be one of the more important characters revealed so far.  Knowing what Telethia actually are, this means... oh...

I find the Telethia being there to be VERY interesting. I was under the impression that the only tie to Xenoblade Chronicles was the name. I mean, we do have Nopon so it might go beyond that, but we haven't seen any High Entia (I don't think at least). Curious how Telethia will be born either way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpGlXaJw1HI

Japanese Commercial for the game.

O_0

Its amazing how different that feels vs. the footage we've seen so far. Like, the early E3 trailer had a similar feeling, but wow. I guess its because most of the talk around the game has been about the massive world and what not. We've seen VERY little of the story. In that regard it lives up to the Xenoblade name since I remember feeling similarly watching Chronicles play out since I never saw a lot of the story beats coming.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-24-2015/#/video-ndirect

PRETTY sure this is the same stuff we saw in one of the Japanese trailers/directs but if you wanted to check it out in English, you now can.

Only comments I can make are

-The women reading sounds pretty monotone.

-No-pon

-What theme is playing when they are talking about the Lifeholds? Pretty sure we've heard it before, curious if we have the full version.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-24-2015/#/video-ndirect

PRETTY sure this is the same stuff we saw in one of the Japanese trailers/directs but if you wanted to check it out in English, you now can.

Only comments I can make are

-The women reading sounds pretty monotone.

-No-pon

-What theme is playing when they are talking about the Lifeholds? Pretty sure we've heard it before, curious if we have the full version.

I couldn't scrub my way to that part in there.

[spoiler=Spoilers!!!]

Cross is actually a robot, revealed when his/her arm gets shot.[/spoiler]

Seriously, do not read this if you want a major plot element to be spoiled to you.  I accidently came across this when browsing the tropes.  Be careful when browsing the internet.

7 DLC Packs are announced for XCX.

Each pack includes 3 support quests, 3 additional quests, a new character with unique moves and blueprints for new Skells and weapons.

Each pack costs roughly $4 OR you can buy all 7 for $17.  The packs will be releasing on May 8th in Japan.

Already people are screaming about Nintendo making bad DLC practices with this.

630x.jpg

Some of the DLC stuff.

Archived