FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil General Discussion

Maeriberii Haan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based center backs.

Well, we actually played a good match for once, until we scored the 2nd goal. Then we played badly. But overall, a big improvement from the Chile game.

We might have a shot at taking down the mighty Germany.

Well, we actually played a good match for once, until we scored the 2nd goal. Then we played badly. But overall, a big improvement from the Chile game.

lolnope :P

Sorry, I admit I only got in after 25 mins. But your players were clinging on desperately and hoofing it anywhere... with half an hour left.

You were 'helped' against Croatia, awful against Mexico, average against Cameroon (who are shit), really lucky against Chile, and on balance indifferent against Colombia, and the only tactic to beat them was 'kick Rodriguez off the park'. Which yeah it worked, but I really don't want to see this Brazil side win the trophy. It does feel like an arduous - and to be really honest, somewhat manufactuered - march to the title.

Well that's my interest in this over. <_<

Belgium's tournament in summary: the 'golden generation'; a team of individual superstars who never really added up to the sum of their parts, never really clicked, didn't loom a united team spirit with the pouting and moaning, looked unconvincing in every game they played and frequently wobbled against minnows, before finally being dumped out by the first half decent team they played in the quarter finals.

Or in other words: they're the new England. :(

Argentine looked like they were starting to get through the gears. Great goal too.

I hope either Germany (Because GERMANY), or Netherlands (because I want a new winner this year) wins the entire thing. Go home brazil and argentina.

I am in the "anyone but Brazil" camp (although I can't really lambast them so much given how Belgium were also bad for 5 games). The other three have all swung from brillant to indifferent throughout the tournament (thought Argentina looked good in flashes yesterday). Guess it's impossible to be amazing seven games in a row and I'm too harsh, and it's about hitting your peak at the right time.

Also, Costa Rica defended like heroes last night. Shame they couldn't do it on penalties. Holland looking all set to choke again.

So, what's all this about van Gaal changing the goalkeeper for the penalties eh?

So for some reason when I woke up today I remembered I had dreamed being at home and switching the TV on to see a game on with the score at Brazil 1 - Colombia 6.

Saw Colombia make it 7 with 10 minutes to go before I woke up. Jackson Martinez, was a cracker as well.

But then I also remember Sylvan Hermitree was playing a rather immobile centre back for Brazil for some reason, so maybe this is less of a sign of what Germany might do tonight and more an indicator that I should lay off the blue cheese :blink:

Well... this is... just bizarre :huh:

This could still end in double figures

Also, because both Colombia and Germany have similar black and red second kits:

So for some reason when I woke up today I remembered I had dreamed being at home and switching the TV on to see a game on with the score at Brazil 1 - Colombia 6.

Saw Colombia make it 7 with 10 minutes to go before I woke up. Jackson Martinez, was a cracker as well.

You may bow down and call me Nostradamus now.

Archived