[Finished][SCS 6] Pop Culture Contest [Not Accepting | Judging Phase]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well.

opCPAqU.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) when a LIGHT and DARK monster you control is destroyed by an opponent's card effect, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: Banish all other cards on the field; this card's original ATK and DEF becomes equal to the number of cards banished by this effect x400. If your opponent does not control a LIGHT or DARK monster, neither player can activate Spell Cards. When this card is removed from the field: You can add 1 "Black Luster Soldier" monster from your Deck to your hand. 

Based on http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Alcadeias_D,_Lord_of_Dragon_Spirits, from, of course,  Duel Masters. My main idea was to use 2/3 of it's effects in Yugioh form. The Evolution and Spell restriction seemed to be the best route. Also thought that a BLS support card would be cool. A bit over-powered but I think it works.

This is probably going to be the most overpowered card in this contest. Honestly, I don't care.

4mciTPk.jpg

1 DARK Tuner + 1 WATER non-Tuner monster + 1 FIRE non-Tuner monster
You can only use 1 "Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker" effect per turn, and only once that turn. Increase this card's Level by 3; destroy a Spell/Trap card on the field. Decrease this card's Level by 2, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of that monster. Decrease this card's Level by 9; Inflict 3000 Damage to your opponent, then, your opponent discards 6 cards, then sends 6 cards they control to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Based On]

199.jpg

[/spoiler]

if there is still a spot i'll join

[spoiler='Mercurial the Spectre']7JNcJqm.jpg

Lore:
Once per turn, During either Player's Turn: You can Target 1 monster your opponent control; Until the End Phase, the targeted monster lose 500 ATK, this card's ATK is halved and is cannot be destroyed by battle.When this card attacks or  is attacked: You can banish this card; Special Summon number of "Haunt Tokens" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 6/ATK 1100/DEF 1000) up to number of monsters your opponent control.During the End Phase you activate this effect, If you still control a "Haunt Tokens": Destroy all "Haunt Tokens" you control, then return this card Banished by this effect to the field. You can only activate 1 effect of "Mercurial the Spectre" per turn, and only once that turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Effect Referece Explanation']Everyone probably already know it, spectre is a HERO from DOTA.
first effect is a reference from spectre first skill, Spectral Dagger, which damage enemies, allow spectre to move through any obstacle, but it use a good amount of mana.
While the second effect is quite different from its reference of spectre's ultimate: "Haunt" which summon weaker illusion of itself beside each enemy hero, spectre then can teleport to the place of one of its illusion.[/spoiler]

There's no upper limit for entries; if you want to enter, just say you want in and make sure a card's submitted by deadline.

Just as a heads-up, because my state is under hurricane watch at the moment, I may not be online for a few days starting tomorrow (or possibly today); depending on how things go. You all can continue to submit entries though; just make sure they abide by the requirements. If you follow the directions, just assume that you're entered.

(I should probably ask Zextra or one of the other CC mods to accept entries in my place, if the need arises)

There are some members who do speak French or other languages that use accented letters, but since YCM is English based; that shouldn't be problem.

(I can write the accent key, but since keyboard shortcuts for them aren't working for my computer; need to do it from character maps, which is a pain in neck at times).

Anyway, just get a card in by next week and you're good. (outlaw1994, get your card in by then also)

I'm also want to join this, but since I'm a newbie that not so good at cardmaking yet (but I'm actually quite good at playing ;)), I decided to be a contest judge while improving my skill first (I already pass the exam despite it currently doesn't show my name). I will use the nearly same criteria as Sakura, the different is mine will distribute 10 points from OCG into 5 points to Creativity and Theme since I'm still not used to card's text (and Konami really confused me lately).

Here is my submission:

[spoiler='Legendary Rider, Eragon']

YHvUSov.jpg

Effect: When this card battles a Fiend-Type or Spellcaster-Type monster, it gains 400 ATK during Damage Calculation only. If you control a Dragon-Type monster: Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to target 1 face-up Spell card on the field; destroy that target.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Explaination']

Eragon is best known for killing a Shade (a kind of evil shadow wizard), as well as combating dark conjurations of said Shade (known as the Ra'zaac, which, believe me, look like a few Fiend-types out there). This explains the attack boost given to the card when battling Spellcasters and Fiends.

Eragon is also a Dragon Rider, and as such, gains the effect of Spell destruction while a Dragon-Type is under your control. This is another nod to the Shadeslayer part of Eragon's history.

[/spoiler]

Can you post the card's lore beneath?

It's standard in this section to post effect(s) underneath card, so easier to read.

I apologize.

1 Tuner + 1 or more non Tuner Synchro Material.

If 4 or more monsters on your side of the field were destroyed by battle this turn and sent to the Graveyard; you may banish the destroyed monsters to Special Summon this card from the Extra Deck or Graveyard. For every monster you banished to summon this monster, this card gains 300 Attack,

Archived