[Finished][SCS 6] Pop Culture Contest [Not Accepting | Judging Phase]

The challenge here was to design a Pop Culture card, but using guidelines that would be applied to Realistic Cards.

It is possible to do it [as shown by J-Max, myself and one or two others], but depending on the character you choose to make a card on; it'll prove difficult to incorporate their powers/abilities while also keeping them balanced/well designed.

Awards will be given on Tuesday; gives you all some time to clarify grades with either myself or Duel Emperor. I might not be on tomorrow due to getting wisdom teeth removed (hence some discomforting pain), but I'll make an effort to get on here sometime late tomorrow (my time).

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't entered a contest of any sort in years and I managed to get 7th/8th? That is definitely not bad.

My question is aimed at Duel Emperor, however. I realize some of the creativity points were lost due to the fact that I went after a Pokemon, but was anything else a factor? Suddenly losing almost half the max for that alone would seem rather wrong...

Are you asking me or Divine Emperor? (I probably should've mentioned that you should specify which of us you'd like to ask about your grading)

Probably assuming DE since he ranked you lower in certain areas than I did.

In my case, I didn't see too many things that were wrong with it, though I felt it could lead to some OTK thing or something [depending on how powerful the monster that rams into the Machine affected by this]. That being said, the activation requirements balance things out to an extent and the above scenario might not happen most of the time (you'd probably get 2800 - 3k damage; which your opponent should have more than in usual cases).

(I tried not to overlook things, since I was doing other things at same time while grading; either playing another run of White 2 or college course prep. Don't think I did, but if I missed something, sorry. I'll re-evaluate things if needed.)

As for Aqua, your score will remain the same [and you retain 2nd place with Qliphoth]; that's what I thought it meant but wasn't quite sure on the matter.

Pretty much marked off points because simply stat boosting effects are outdated nowadays and some OCG errors (remember that was 20% of your scoring in my area).

Effect is also a bit situational, unless opponent Mirror Forces, Exciton, Torrential or something against you.

I should have this post edited with the awards later on. Duel Emperor still needs to answer a question about judging, since Talim Rave did ask him about why her grade got shot down in a few areas.

I think I docked off points in creativity since it's essentially free negation, though one of your own monsters gets their effect negated as well. Although not seen a lot lately, that would cause some things with Skill Drain decks [since they'd want their cards negated]. I mentioned there was a slight loop problem in the card [if you activate it on your opponent's turn]; though given your trivia/background, you'd want to do it on your own turn most of the time. You weren't shot down b/c it wasn't a monster [the task was to make a Pop Culture card; I left it to your discretion to determine what type of card you wanted to use for this].

Anyway, the GFX prizes; reps and points will be distributed shortly after. (You can leave them in your profile pages if you want)

Right now, the prizing goes as follows [sort of a reminder in the event I forget to distribute stuff]

1st - Gadjiltron - 400 points + 3 reps

2nd - Aqua/Qliphoth - 300 points + 2 reps

3rd - Chaos Sonic - 200 points + 1 rep

4th - ReneTCG - 100 points

Sorry TEM, no point prize but you are getting a GFX prize.

aY1pZyS.png

JltVHJs.png

7SHiOlS.png

z9KLOWX.png

kFvcCxT.png

oSEicvn.png

I'd like to thank all of you for participating.

Hopefully you all make your own contests in the future, so this section can remain active. (Of course, there is the judging exam but it shouldn't be too difficult to pass)

Anyway, further questions can be sent to me in a PM. I'll get on with the other two parts of your prizes in a bit.

As of now, I'm locking this since it's finished.

Archived