[Finished][SCS 6] Pop Culture Contest [Not Accepting | Judging Phase]

I will join too.

i will join as well this sounds like fun now to pick an anime

Will Join this.

All accepted.

It can be from a game right?

Sorry, never done pop culture cards before

Yeah, video game characters also count as Pop Culture.

Basically, if you can post it in the Pop Culture section of CC; they can be entered here.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BIG O, SHOWTIME!

[url=http://imgur.com/t6eFk80]t6eFk80.jpg[/URL]

[spoiler=THE BIG K.O.'']Activate only if you have (exactly) 1 Machine-Type Monster on your side of the field while you have less Life Points than your opponent. That monster cannot be destroyed this turn; destroy any monster that battles with it after damage calculation and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK.[/spoiler]

I knew this card would come in handy one day. OK not really, but I still like it.

I'd like to sign up as well, looks fun :)

11i0rb7.jpg

Hisoka The Magician (DARK)

Level 5

[Warrior/Effect] 

This card is also treated as a Spellcaster-Type monster. This card gains 100 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. This card cannot attack an Attack Position monster whose ATK is 1900 or less. When this card attacks a monster whose ATK is higher than this card's ATK; this card gains 400 ATK until the End Phase. If this card destroys a monster by battle; decrease this card's ATK by 400 until the End Phase.

ATK/ 1950 |  DEF/ 1450 

Explanation: 

The effects of the cards are solely based on Hisoka's personality and only a bit on his actual skills, which are unique and deadly, but harder to compare to the Yu-Gi-Oh! power scale. 1st part is adding a second type, because Hisoka, while being a skilled figher can and will use tricks and shenanigans that might look like magic to most people. My initial idea was him actually being fiend type, with warrior as secondary option, but scrapped the idea, because it reminded me too much of The Fiend Megacyber (which is neither fiend neither machine/cyber),

Next one - ATK gain linked to hand card quantity, because (as you can see on the artwork) he uses cards as his main weapon. So on, the attack restriction is a reference to his lack of interest in those weaker than him, he'll refuse to fight anyone unless there's a challenge involved, in which Hisoka can enjoy himself. Next part is a bit tricky - attacking someone relatively stronger will give him an "edge", thus the ATK increase. Last effect, after destroying (killing) an enemy, his bloodlust levels will drop.

The image is heavily edited by me, had to add a sinister aura, plus the Bungee-Gum aura on the cards and a dark glow on the card name. 

[/spoiler]

I didn't know we could post multiple cards...

[Spoiler=The card]ZAeNapL.jpg[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Card Text]

[Blank]

Quick-play Spell.

When your opponent activates a card effect OR summons a monster: Target 1 face-up monster you control and 1 card your opponent controls; negate their effects. This turn, that monster can attack your opponent directly.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Blank from No Game No Life]

As I watched the show, I realized that the greatest strength of [Blank], the team formed by Sora and Shiro, is their ability to negate the advantages their opponents have (negate effects), and attack the weakspots for a win (direct attack) after formulating a strategy. Most of their strategies are based upon observing the opponent's moves and responding to them (When your opponent activates a card effect OR summons a monster).[/spoiler]

I'd like to sign up as well, looks fun :)

(will edit this post and add the actual card to this post once it's finished).

Alright.

I didn't know we could post multiple cards...

[Spoiler=The card]ZAeNapL.jpg[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Card Text]

[Blank]

Quick-play Spell.

When your opponent activates a card effect OR summons a monster: Target 1 face-up monster you control and 1 card your opponent controls; negate their effects. This turn, that monster can attack your opponent directly.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Blank from No Game No Life]

As I watched the show, I realized that the greatest strength of [Blank], the team formed by Sora and Shiro, is their ability to negate the advantages their opponents have (negate effects), and attack the weakspots for a win (direct attack) after formulating a strategy. Most of their strategies are based upon observing the opponent's moves and responding to them (When your opponent activates a card effect OR summons a monster).[/spoiler]

Generally speaking, you should only do one card, UNLESS your card entails a quest/evolution of sorts, much like with RPG stuff.

I'll add all of your names/stuff later on.

Sorry if the pic was too big. I found the pic generator not working because it just shows "[img][img/]" no links between. I just paste by url w/ the help of the picture tool:

xy7TZee.jpg

Lore: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. When this card is summoned, you can target 1 monster you control (except this card) and 1 monster your opponent controls: both targets will gain 700 ATK but lose 400 DEF. Both targets cannot declare an attack. When a card effect targets one of the targets, flip a coin. When you call it right, destroy the first target. When you call it wrong, destroy the second target. When one of the targets is destroy either by a card effect or by battle, the opposing target can now declare an attack. There can be only 1 "The Great Detective- Conan" on the field.

EDIT: Since many contestants really give deep details about their cards including the reference of the effect to real that is suggested by Sakura is getting hot now... Maybe I can give mine too so I can get the flow of trend in this thread:

[spoiler= About The Anime]

If you are not familiar with the series Detective Conan, it is about a GREAT working-highschool student and is also a part-time detective working with his fellow police officers who is obviously older than him. He is the most intelligent detective in his place or should I say in his country. But I know that you are confused on that part highschool student because the card is just a kid. Well, when he is invited by his friend (who is a girl and the daughter of the great detective Mori before Conan conquered his business) to ride a rollercoaster in a theme park. But there, they don't know that an incident or more like a murder case will happen between their rides and also, Conan didn't know that they are riding with suspicious criminals that is on their mission to kill Conan. After an awesome and badass solving of the murder case. The criminals lure Conan to a hidden place and hit him with a metal thing. On his sleep, the criminals forced him to drink poison pills that weakens the bones until the drinker shattered to death. Luckily, Conan is in a good mood of health, diet and exercise so the pills only make him slower and look younger. While a professor helps him to get older and taller again, he tries to solve crimes by making detective Mori, the ones that is said before, sleep with his high-tech sleeping arrow shooter watch and his auto-tune ribbon that makes his voice more likely the voice of detective Mori. That is why Detective Mori gets his name "The Sleeping Detective".

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= ETA Reference]

The first effect that is effect proof is because he is a detective and mostly detectives are highly protected by other families of justice. The second where two monsters where picked is the part where a detective takes time on two suspects and will compare them to know who is the criminal. They are highly protected so that their stats gets different but they cannot do anything to fight. The third is where the action happens. The part where one gets targeted is the part where the detective is slightly getting to know who is the criminal. Flipping coins is where you test whether the  gesture is right or wrong. The last is just random business so that the other monster is now free to fight LOL.

[/spoiler]

Hope I win something this time. :)

It's so hard to make a balanced pop culture character... :( much harder than a normal card, although others may disagree.

Anyways...

hdPZqQp.jpg

Lore:

If you control 2 or more face-up monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can place one Sword Counter on this card. If this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Place 3 Sword Counters on this card. You can remove Sword Counters from this card to activate the following effects:
• 1 Counter: Increase this card's attack by 500 until the End Phase.
• 2 Counters: This card cannot be destroyed by battle until your next Standby Phase.
• 3 Counters: Decrease the attack of all face-up monsters your opponent controls by 1000. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.
• 4 Counters: This turn, after this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: This card can attack once again in a row.

This is from Final Fantasy VI. Cyan is a character who has various swordtech, and made the first four swordtech yugioh effects and put them in this card.

I was expecting to draw a bunch of those members from Pop Culture, but the RC-level requirement does throw them off to some degree. It is possible to make balanced Pop Culture Cards; J-Max and I (along with Dracoswag) are some of the members who can produce Pop Culture cards on a level that's expected of RC.

Anyway, adding your entry. (And thankfully you changed your name, so easier to type)

Entering.

[SPOILER=Plasma Experiment - Genesect]

jXLhep5.jpg

You can Special Summon this card by tributing 1 level 6 or higher Insect-type monster you control. This card is also treated as an Insect-type monster. If your opponent controls no face-up Attack Position monsters: This card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, you can destroy 1 face-up monster with less DEF than this card's ATK. If you do: This card cannot declare an attack this turn. When this card declare an attack, you can return this card to your hand after Damage Calculations. If you do: Special Summon 1 monster from your hand.

~~~~~~

[SPOILER=Lore Explanation] The first effect of Special Summoning it isn't very useful for Machine based decks, which I think can use this card much more than Insect ones, although I could be mistaken. Anyways, it's to kind of reflect Genesect's lore - pretty much Team Plasma made some old predator pokemon into a robot with a giant cannon. The attacking directly effect is to reflect Extreme Speed. I was going to make it a attack 2-times kind of deal, but iirc Extreme Speed is reflecting the weird car mode it has in the movie or something. Either way, an attacking directly effect made more sense to me than a double attack one. The destruction effect is based off Techno Blast, which is actually kind of hard to base off things due to me not being able to add Drives to it, so I made it a generic destruction effect because its a huge blast. The last effect is reflecting U-Turn, which is a move that is extremely notable on it competitively, as it is one of the main reasons why its so good in the actual games. The effect itself I think is kind of unique as well, and its pretty cool, especially considering that it's not that strong sitting at 2600.[/SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

I'm in.

[spoiler='Entry']

SZPDRK6.jpg

You can discard this card to the Graveyard to add 1 Fairy Type Monster with 2000 or less ATK from your deck to your hand. If this card is on the field and your opponent controls 1 or more monster(s), this card cannot attack.

[/spoiler]

I realize you are sick of seeing Pokemon cards, but this one's a little different from the others on here.

FrozenGrovyle_zps81339cc2.jpg

Text: This card is also treated as a Plant-type monster. If 1 or more cards on your side of the field would be removed from play by your opponent's card effect, you may remove this card instead. If you do, negate the effect and remove the card from play.

Explaination: This particular Grovyle is from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, specifically the Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky games. He travelled from a future where time itself has literally frozen. The sun never rises, plants do not grow, water does not run. The only things that seem unaffected by time freezing seems to be the various Pokemon, though they are affected in a slightly-different way, never appearing to age. His effect reflects a particular event that happens in the games, where he literally wrestles a Dusknoir that's trying to stop him and two others from preventing time's halt and pushing both himself and the Dusknoir through a portal that was opened by the Ghost Pokemon to keep it from interfering further.

I don't have a problem seeing more Pokemon cards, since I'm also working on a side set with them (should make a general thread for them in PC) in addition to a RC one. If a lot of members choose to do it, I won't get upset over it [there's 719 Pokes to choose from and I don't mind repeats of them, as each of you have your own idea of how to showcase them]

Anyway, both are accepted and will be added to main posts.

I have to say that making a PC card with RC standard is not easy, anyway I'll join this and go with 1 of my favorite character from Spring.

[spoiler='Entry']

5Tt3vwA.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

This card can attack your opponent directly and can attack while it is in face-up Defense Position. While you control another monster, this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. This card gains 700 ATK and DEF during your opponent's turn. This card gains 400 DEF (max. 1200) and an additional attack per turn (max. 3) for each Machine-Type monster you control.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Trivia']

Info

Well, Tina's a Model Owl initiator, so I thought Winged Beast fit her more than Warrior or any other types. Her 1st and 2nd effect represented her battle style that mainly used long-range sniper [Direct Attack] while already set up her defense pretty well [Defensing attack] and while fought alongside her comrade, she always supported them without being spotted by enemy [Target immunity]. The 3rd effect represented her nocturnal behavior that granted her more confidence and ability during the night time [Opponent's turn], and the last effect was made from how Tina utilized her bits [Machine-Type] named Shenfields during the battle that had given her more attacking option and defensive plan. However she can use only 3 bits at a time.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I think you forgot to add the edits to kratos Aurion LV8 to the entries list or maybe you just haven't had time.

I'll add the edited entries to that post.

You probably edited it while I was doing other things or sleeping.

Quick question...is it cool to make cards based off of other Pop Culture card games?

BuddyFight, Vanguard, etc.? Or strictly specific characters?

You can make a card based on Vanguard characters or whatever else.

I have to say that making a PC card with RC standard is not easy, anyway I'll join this and go with 1 of my favorite character from Spring.

[spoiler='Entry']

5Tt3vwA.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

This card can attack your opponent directly and can attack while it is in face-up Defense Position. While you control another monster, this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. This card gains 700 ATK and DEF during your opponent's turn. This card gains 400 DEF (max. 1200) and an additional attack per turn (max. 3) for each Machine-Type monster you control.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Trivia']

Info

Well, Tina's a Model Owl initiator, so I thought Winged Beast fit her more than Warrior or any other types. Her 1st and 2nd effect represented her battle style that mainly used long-range sniper [Direct Attack] while already set up her defense pretty well [Defensing attack] and while fought alongside her comrade, she always supported them without being spotted by enemy [Target immunity]. The 3rd effect represented her nocturnal behavior that granted her more confidence and ability during the night time [Opponent's turn], and the last effect was made from how Tina utilized her bits [Machine-Type] named Shenfields during the battle that had given her more attacking option and defensive plan. However she can use only 3 bits at a time.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Adding name to entry list

Archived