[Finished][SCS 6] Pop Culture Contest [Not Accepting | Judging Phase]

sorry out the late post ive been very busy lately and havent had a chance to make it yet heres my entry

ive been re watching bleach lately so im gonna do a bleach card

[spoiler='Card']

GH7yLoL.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 Fiend-Type monster on the Field. You cannot Normal Summon the turn this card was Summoned. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a DARK monster: Destroy that monster. This card gains 200 ATK for each DARK monster in either Graveyard. You can destroy all cards on your opponent's Field and if you do this card effects are negated and its ATK and DEF become 0.  You can only use this effect of "Ichigo Kurosaki" once per Duel.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Explanation']

The special summon by tributing 1 fiend is when he  first destroyed a hallow (He can tribute a fiend on either side of the field to summon himself). the cant be destroyed effect is cause at the end of the anime he was the strongest and wasnt affected by the battle or kido. the cannnot normal summon in same turn was for balance. the damage step effect is his getsuga tensho killing hallows or in this case dark monsters. the 200 atk boost is cause he gains exp and gets stronger with each battle in the anime and the final effect is his mugetsu as when he uses it he loses all his powers but can destroy everything so hopefully this is balance enough and describes how the effects came to be

[/spoiler]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 5th place prize will be a different color than the other four. Reps are reserved for the top 3 [like usual stuff], though I could add in a 50 point prize for the 4th place winner [again, will be added to their profiles manually].

Right now, standard is Champion [blue], runner up [red], 3rd prize [green (should be White, but w/e)] and 4th place is purple. 5th place should be orange/gray or something; I'll have to edit it in PS later. Design for it should be an anime character of some sort. I'm not required to make GFX awards, but let's just say it makes your prize more personal.

---

Anyone else who wishes to enter can still do so until Friday night. For your safety, you should have cards in by 11 pm in your own timezones [unless your timezone is GMT-11 or later, which I don't think many fall under].

Ewdkg9c.jpg

You can only control 1 "Asterix, the Indomitable Gaul". During your Main Phase, if you control a face-up Spellcaster-Type monster and your opponent controls 2 or more face-up monsters, you can discard 1 card; this card's original ATK becmes 3000 until the End Phase of this turn.

The idea behind this card is that the druid Getafix (the Spellcaster) makes the magic potion when the Romans (2 or more enemy monsters) are attacking the Gaulish Village. He gives it to the village warriors and it increases their strength massively. It doesn't last long, though.

I'll join

Entry

nKFWl2Y.jpg

Lore - While this card is face-up on the field it is also DARK. Up to thirce per duel you can add 1 Equip Spell card from you deck to your hand. Once per turn you can send an Equip card equipped to this card to the graveyard to destroy 1 card on the field.

Ewdkg9c.jpg

The idea behind this card is that the druid Getafix (the Spellcaster) makes the magic potion when the Romans (2 or more enemy monsters) are attacking the Gaulish Village. He gives it to the village warriors and it increases their strength massively. It doesn't last long, though.

I'll join

Entry

nKFWl2Y.jpg

Lore - While this card is face-up on the field it is also DARK. Up to thirce per duel you can add 1 Equip Spell card from you deck to your hand. Once per turn you can send an Equip card equipped to this card to the graveyard to destroy 1 card on the field.

Alright, adding to list.

I'll post my judging here and now, please tell me if you want a reason for any particular score

[spoiler='Score']

dizzyshot
B: 8
C: 12
T: 8

Total: 28

I Hate Snatch Steal
Lv.4
B: 16
C: 14
T: 10

Lv. 6
B: 12

Lv. 8

I'll pick your best score of each criteria, so your final scores are
Total: 40

Philemon
B: 14
C: 16

krakonfour
T: 9

Total: 37

generaxxius
C: 18
T: 6

Total: 36

Excalibur
B: 13

Total: 38

Trap Kirito

Talim Rave
B: 18

Total: 39

Aqua
B: 20
C: 17

Total: 47

Chaos Sonic
C: 15

Total: 45

Dramatic Crossroads

MiniCrat

Total: 43

Le Reptile

Total: 44

Gadjiltron

Total: 46

Fire Fist Moralltach
B: 17
C: 17

Total: 43

Shooting Stardust
C: 19

Qliphoth Tool
C: 20

Total: 46

TEM 23

Total: 44

Maxus1576

Electric
B: 10
C: 20

Kamishiro Ryoga

Total: 41

ReneTCG

Total: 42

BertyColossal
B: 8

Total: 32

Outlaw

Tyretian

guthixman540
B: 10

Total: 35
[/spoiler]

You might want to add their cumulative score below; it makes it much easier to calculate their final scores for prizing when I get through with my grading.

I should have them up either later today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Here you are. As usual, ask if you want clarification.

[spoiler=Your Scores]

dizzyshot

BD: 5 (there's a reason why Solemn Warning/Judgment are banned; especially because 500 LP to destroy and shut down your opponent's Special Summons is cheap. Will end up locking down most relevant Decks [Monarchs don't care much though].)

C: 7

O: 6

T: 5

Total: 23

I Hate Snatch Steal

BD: 15

C: 11 (S/T negation is somewhat looked down a bit b/c of Shi-En and other relevant things, though it can be negated by your opponent if they choose to discard [4/6])

O: 7.5

Total: 38.5

Philemon

BD: 17

C: 13

O: 9.5

Total: 44.5

krakonfour

BD: 13 (in terms of the last one, assuming it's your monster that gets to strike. If that's so, how does it attack during opponent's turn, should you trigger it then).

C: 10

O: 9

generaxxius

BD: 12 (so basically, if you want to bomb your opponent, you have to call the coin toss wrong...)

C: 7.5

O: 4

Total: 28.5

Excalibur

BD: 13

C: 11.5

O: 6.5

Kirito

BD: 17 (can be seen for searching Fairies and is essentially a direct attacker or a nice 2100 ATK wall for LP protection)

O: 8.5

Total: 42.5

Talim Rave

BD: 18

C: 12.5

O: 9 (new term for remove from play is “banish”; some other old changes, but didn't mark down too much for it)

Total: 44.5

Aqua

BD: 18 (Is the 700 boost just during opponent's turn, or it's continuously gaining? Probably latter, given your trivia)

O: 10

Chaos Sonic

BD: 19

O: 9.5 (spelling/word error)

Total: 48.5

Dramatic Crossroads

BD: 17.5

MiniCrat

BD: 14

C: 11

Le Reptile

O: 7

Total: 42

Gadjiltron

Total: 49

Fire Fist Moralltach

BD: 14.5 (it pretty much sacrifices its own allies to bomb your opponent's cards; and this is a mandatory one, given wording)

Total: 39.5

Shooting Stardust

BD: 11 (You can't attack during opponent's turn; though you could just inflict some burn damage equal to half his ATK when it's your opponent's move [that would've worked better])

Qliphoth Tool

Total: 48

TEM 23

BD: 18

O: 7

Total: 42.5

maxus1576

BD: 14.5 (Considering what's usable lately, might not really matter against Shaddolls/Artifacts and other stuff; some other Decks will be crippled though. Activation requirement isn't too difficult to pull off; just have monster get rammed by a Mirror Force or something.)

Total: 40.5

Electric Wizard

BD: 13 (Synchro Materials will be difficult to pull off in most Decks; maybe bar Yang Zings or something; rest of the effects are either borderline broken or already pushed it)

Total: 34

Ryoga Kamishiro

BD: 16

O: 3.5

ReneTCG

BertyColossal

C: 10.5

O: 6

Total: 34.5

outlaw1994

BD: 11

O: 8.5

Total: 31.5

Tyretian

BD: 14

C: 10.5 (stat boosting is kinda overdone at this point, though it helps in this card's case since his ATK is below average for a Level 6)

O: 9.5

guthixman540

O: 2

Total: 31[/spoiler]

As of right now, the placing is as follows.

1st Place: Gadjiltron (95)

2nd Place: Aqua/Qliphoth Tool (94)

3rd Place: Chaos Sonic (93.5)

4th Place: ReneTCG (87)

5th Place: TEM 23 (86.5)

I don't like running tiebreaker matches, so just going to award Aqua/Qliphoth the 2nd place prize [which I believe was 300 points + 2 reps + Runner-Up prize each].

Awards won't be handed out until all questions are dealt with. I'll allow 2-3 days.

If you control 2 or more face-up monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn, you can place one 1 Sword Counter on this card. If When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Place 3 Sword Counters on this card. You can remove Sword Counters from this card to activate the following effects:
•1 Counter: Increase this card's attack ATK by 500 until the End Phase.
•2 Counters: This card cannot be destroyed by battle until your next Standby Phase.
•3 Counters: Decrease the attack of all face-up monsters your opponent controls by 1000. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.
•4 Counters: This turn, after this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: This card can attack once again in a row.

1. Location of summoned card is generally in parentheses, unless there is another effect to it. Though it varies a bit, so points weren't dropped here.
2. Use numerals.
3. Card's effect is mandatory; if it were optional, you add "You can ..."
4. Use ATK for stats. Could be rephrased as "This card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase"
5. See above, rephrase as "Monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK." Rest of it is fine.
6. "Can make a second attack in a row"; unless you had intended for him to strike repeatedly after he kills something.

Probably something else I missed, but if I have doubts about it or Konami is vague about how they write it, points won't be stripped.
Anyway, your final scores in their entirety; thought I did this yesterday but meh.

zwqUT1M.png

This card can attack all face-up monsters your opponent controls once each. If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent takes no Battle Damage. During your End Phase: Inflict 600 points of damage to your opponent for each face-up monster that this card battled.

Just a small error there (all the words used here are actually spelled properly; just that word should be "once", not "one"; I could understand it attacking stuff your opponent has once each though).

But yeah, another half point and that would've ended in a 3-way tie for second (you, Aqua and Qliphoth)

Just a small error there (all the words used here are actually spelled properly; just that word should be "once", not "one"; I could understand it attacking stuff your opponent has once each though).

But yeah, another half point and that would've ended in a 3-way tie for second (you, Aqua and Qliphoth)

AWWWWWWW!! Darn that "C"!! xD But still, that would've been cool to join in that 3 way tie for Second, but still...3rd place ain't bad ^^

1. Location of summoned card is generally in parentheses, unless there is another effect to it. Though it varies a bit, so points weren't dropped here.
2. Use numerals.
3. Card's effect is mandatory; if it were optional, you add "You can ..."
4. Use ATK for stats. Could be rephrased as "This card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase"
5. See above, rephrase as "Monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK." Rest of it is fine.
6. "Can make a second attack in a row"; unless you had intended for him to strike repeatedly after he kills something.

Probably something else I missed, but if I have doubts about it or Konami is vague about how they write it, points won't be stripped.
Anyway, your final scores in their entirety; thought I did this yesterday but meh.

zwqUT1M.png

How was the balance off by that much?
Btw thanks for OCG clarification
But #6 that was the point of it

Aqua
BD: 18 (Is the 700 boost just during opponent's turn, or it's continuously gaining? Probably latter, given your trivia)

I'm not so sure how can you think of that effect without a single colon/semi-colon anything but continuous, but I think I'll make it clear right away. That boost is a continuous effect that apply only during opponent's turn.

Are you asking me or Duel Emperor, Excalibur?

Looking at stuff, we both gave you the same score for balance: 13/20.

If you want an explanation on my end, basically it earns enough counters to activate a bulk of its effects, should you kill something; not to mention the constant one every turn. You kill something; you either can soften up your opponent's monster, protect it from battle destruction for the turn or pump its ATK for a while. The main reason why your balance/design grade got shot down is due to the fourth effect; especially since you intended for it to repeatedly attack, which then adds more counters via its effect. First three counter effects are fine; fourth one has some loop/abuse problems.

Archived