[Finished][SCS 6] Pop Culture Contest [Not Accepting | Judging Phase]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reduce the world you know to ashes! APOCALYPTIC FLAME!!

GMbNXuL.jpg

[spoiler=Dragonic Overlord]

This card can attack all face-up monsters your opponent controls one each. If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent takes no Battle Damage. During your End Phase: Inflict 600 points of damage to your opponent for each face-up monster that this card battled.

[/spoiler]

Inspiration

For starters, as you can see the biggest key factor of inspiration came forth from CardFight!! Vanguard's Kagero unit: Dragonic Overlord. The effect, I made sure to attempt to base it off of the actual card's effect, which is "When this unit's attack hits an opponent's rear-guard: Stand this unit". In short, it is allowed to attack again and again. Now for a monster effect similar to this, I went with basing it off of E-HERO Neos Knight and Ally of Justice Thousand Arms. However, for the inflicting damage to your opponent portion of the effect, that I took and allowed it to pay homage to the 6 damage your opponent would receive in the game of CF!!V.

Intended Idea

As you can see, Dragonic Overlord cannot truly do Battle Damage to your opponent by the normal attacking. That is where the effect of D.O. comes in handy! Now, like the TCG and anime, Dragonic Overlord is able to stand and attack again if it hits an opponent's rear-guard successfully, and because of that it will be able to remove a full field of monsters...paving the way for your other monsters to go on an all out assault. However, the last effect also comes in: inflicting damage on your End Phase. With this, you are allowed to do 600 damage by how many monsters your opponent controls. In a hypothetical situation, if your opponent controls five monsters, then at the end of your turn, thanks to D.O.'s effect, you will have successfully dealt 3000 damage to your opponent.

Card Art

The card art is the official Dragonic Overlord art, gotten from the CardFight!! Vanguard wikia page in this unit's gallery.

Adding your card to the entry post.

Also fixing some typos and retracting #13 [as it's a repeat one]

@Aqua: Yeah, making a Pop Culture card using RC standards isn't easy. It forces you to balance out the character's abilities while making sure they don't come off as uber broken. Because of the point prize, the RC restriction is needed there [not to mention the quality of cards was a reason for all of these exams/threads and things].

I will join too.

Entry: VNh45AA.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Lucarionite-Mega Stone". Once per turn: Target 1 face-up Xyz, Synchro or Fusion monster on your side of the field; send that target to the Graveyard. Each time this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 card on the field for each monster sent to the Graveyard by this card's effect; destroy it. When this card is destroyed by battle: Add 1 "Lucario the Aura Pokemon" from your Graveyard to the hand.

I have also made "Lucarionite" but don't know should I post it.

You need to post the Mega Stone and/or regular Lucario as well if said stone needs it.

Single cards are much easier to grade than a set of them.

There's a good reason I don't comment on sets; because they take a while to grade and especially if there's 20+ cards in there; it gets pretty heavy.

You can keep Mega Lucario, but either you add the cards needed or just rework the summoning conditions so it can run on its own w/out needing regular one. Same goes for any other cards designed on Pokemon; you can just make a card based on any one stage; there is no need to make the whole evo line.

I thought about this one and decided I would use the DC world. I made Flash a card. When I made him, I had a wonderful idea: Synchro Tuner.

a91nuQm.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, during either player`s Battle Phase, this card can attack your opponent directly (Half the battle damage inflicted to your opponent i you use this cards effect during their Battle Phase). During your opponent's Main Phase: You can Synchro Summon using this face-up card you control as a Synchro Material Monster.

Shooting Stardust your making me want to show off my Flash and Reverse Flash from my DC Set. None of our monsters I'm for sure are similar either. 

This contest inspired me to make an archtype featuring DC Comics. I might even do a Marvel archtype too. So far, I've made a Flash and a Martian Manhunter. Our Flash`s are very different.

dizzyshot and ShootingStardust, keep on topic in here; thanks.

dizzyshot, you're free to post a DC Comic card for this contest.

@Kirito: The general rule is 2000 ATK for Level 4s, otherwise you need a restriction or some negative effects (or it's Vanilla). 1900 ATK is generally the max for Level 4 with effects that don't give negative things.

Hey, remember my Contrarian Fiend from One Sentence Horrors?

Same person.

Q7qKsLf.jpg

[spoiler Card Text]You can only activate the effect of "Seija Kijin" once per turn. During either player's Main Phase: You can activate 1 of these effects.
*Target 1 face-up monster on the field; change that target to face-down Defense Position.
*Target 1 face-down monster on the field; change that target to face-up Attack Position.
*Target 1 face-up monster on the field; switch its current ATK and DEF until the end of this turn.[/spoiler]

As with many other Touhou Stage 5 bosses, Seija has a notorious gimmick that makes up her difficulty. Hers? Flipping things over. Yes, that includes your interface and controls. It was expressed in Contrarian Fiend as an aggressive spin on Book of Eclipse, and now with Seija being a proper monster with no one-sentence limitations, I can express her tide-turning abilities to the fullest. Flipping things up or down gives her great utility in either disrupting plays or enabling Flip Effects, in addition to putting most large beaters in a more vulnerable position, or exploiting loopholes in Fusilier and friends. Stat-switching also deters attacks or lets her beat face with a decent 1900 ATK.

With so much utility at instant speed, I've had to strap on some sort of restriction to prevent her from being Book of Everything, even with a once-per-turn-per-copy restriction. Hence the Main Phase restriction to prevent her from being an ever-persistent combat trick.

Seija may not be very good in the bullet spam department, but she certainly makes up for it by disorienting her opponents in combat.

Single cards are much easier to grade than a set of them.

There's a good reason I don't comment on sets; because they take a while to grade and especially if there's 20+ cards in there; it gets pretty heavy.

You can keep Mega Lucario, but either you add the cards needed or just rework the summoning conditions so it can run on its own w/out needing regular one. Same goes for any other cards designed on Pokemon; you can just make a card based on any one stage; there is no need to make the whole evo line.

I edited my post, instead of Mega Lucario and Lucarionite I posted regular Lucario.

Would that be a problem?

I'll join this as well

Edit:[spoiler='Entry']

AajjTad.jpg

Lore:

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) during your Battle Phase in which a card(s) you control was destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect). You can only Special Summon 1 "Strike Freedom Gundam" once per turn this way. When this card attacks or is attacked, it is unaffected by other card effects. Once per turn, during either player's Battle Phase: You can discard 1 card; have this card declare an attack on 1 monster your opponent controls.

Well, the Summoning Condition is obviously adapted from how Kira got SF when Freedom was destroyed. In combat, SF is very fast and skillful so that it can avoid attacks from every direction, and that why it's unaffected by other card effects when battling, the last effect also represented its agility. Ruling-wise, if you activate this effect during your own BP, it's treated as an additional attack and you can normally attack before or after used it.

[/spoiler]

I'm in ^^

[spoiler='Rapacious Tyrantrum']

rapacious_tyrantrum_by_batmed-d7t7uqp.pn

**Effect**
2 Level 8 monsters
Once per turn During either Player's Standby Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card and declare an Attribute. This card’s Attribute becomes the declared Attribute until the End Phase. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a monster that has the same attribute as this card; send that monster to the graveyard (without Damage Calculation). If this card has no Xyz materials; Negate its effects.
[/spoiler]

Archived