• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Submitting my entry: :)

2dt9ohx.jpg

Bark Zylant (WIND)

Level 4 / 1500ATK / 200DEF

[ Wyrm / Effect ]

You can only control 1 face-up "Bark Zylant". If you control a Spellcaster-Type monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During your Battle Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can target 1 monster you control; return the target to the bottom of the Deck and if you do, Special Summon this card.

[spoiler=Info]

Artwork is mine, although the original concept is taken from Familliar Possessed - Wynn & Petit Dragon

This is intended to be her familliar's evolved form, stats and restrictions are the same as Inari Fire and Archfiend Eater, i felt like this needed continuity.

"Bark" is a pun of this card's wolf/dog-like appearance, as well as bark/crust, since it has mossy-colored fur, like old tree bark. "Zilant" is a twist on Zilant, a type of dragon/wyvern, because this is not a dragon anymore, but a wyrm, and it kind of soulds like Silent,... ultimately the name is a spin on Silent Bark, its attack name, because it uses sound waves to crush its enemies :D [/spoiler]

PXsYW3A.png

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 card. Destroy this card if you control a non-WIND monster. During either player’s turn, when a card or effect is activated: You can Tribute this card; negate the activation, and if you do, shuffle it into the Deck. During your opponent’s End Phase, destroy this card.

Gives a major boost to WIND Decks, not just Harpies, but also Gusto and Mecha Phantom Beast who are both in need of a versatile discard outlet to get a combo-starter piece in the Graveyard (Griffin and O-Lion respectively). In the many cases that you do not have both that card and this card in your hand, this becomes a card that requires a certain degree of skill to use. In many situations, it is questionable to -1 to Summon a Tuner for a Synchro Summon and you are probably better off saving it. Otherwise, you can Summon it to negate your opponent's cards, let it sit through your opponent's turn, waiting for the right card to negate that would deal the greatest damage to your opponent's strategy. However, in this case, you have to time this card's Summon and this card's effect right or you'll just end up -2 yourself for nothing. There's also the fact that it's small enough to be run over by basically anything.

You played the Song of Storms!

Would you like to post your card? Y/N?

Ride the winds, warrior of the skies! Let your noble ways reveal the path your king has set for you!

Ff929iY.jpg

[spoiler=Windswept Beast Yvain]

If your opponent controls 2 or more face-up monsters of the same Attribute, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn: You can target 1 face-down Spell or Trap on the field; return that target to your opponent's hand.

[/spoiler]

Inspiration

This card's inspiration was all over the place this time, so best start with the main story, I suppose. The name of the monster "Yvain" is a reference to the knight in Arthurian legends known as "Yvain, the Knight of the Lion". It is because of this, this beast is named after the knight, also in reference to the knight's lion companion. Another point into mythology is the many myths and legends that deal with winged lions, as you can tell by the appearance, it definitely is. Now for the beginning effect, the monster I went with basing it off of was a WIND monster by the name of Alector, Sovereign of Birds and for the ending effect, well its the main style of effect of your typical run of the mill WIND monster.

Intended Idea

Now with the idea in mind I had, was actually running this alongside the monster Raiza the Storm Monarch/Raiza the Mega Monarch. As if you couldn't see, these effects would all pop the back field in their own ways. Because of this, it makes it easier for said Duelist to attack their opponent without hindrance. Not only this, Yvain also gets to remove your opponent's monsters as Tribute Fodder (so long as they are the same Attribute). And with it being a Tribute Summon, a combo with a card such as March of the Monarchs would also aid it.

Card Art

The card art for Windswept Beast Yvain has been brought to you in part by Jazinkay's Photobucket!

KVcApER.jpg

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Select 1 card in your Deck; banish that card. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card from your hand OR excavate the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard; destroy 1 monster on the field. Opponent cannot activate card effects in response to this card's effect. When this card leave the field: You can add card banished by this card's effect to the hand. You can only control 1 "Guardian of the Sky Fortress" on the field.

PXsYW3A.png

Gives a major boost to WIND Decks, not just Harpies, but also Gusto and Mecha Phantom Beast who are both in need of a versatile discard outlet to get a combo-starter piece in the Graveyard (Griffin and O-Lion respectively). In the many cases that you do not have both that card and this card in your hand, this becomes a card that requires a certain degree of skill to use. In many situations, it is questionable to -1 to Summon a Tuner for a Synchro Summon and you are probably better off saving it. Otherwise, you can Summon it to negate your opponent's cards, let it sit through your opponent's turn, waiting for the right card to negate that would deal the greatest damage to your opponent's strategy. However, in this case, you have to time this card's Summon and this card's effect right or you'll just end up -2 yourself for nothing. There's also the fact that it's small enough to be run over by basically anything.

You played the Song of Storms!

Would you like to post your card? Y/N?

Ride the winds, warrior of the skies! Let your noble ways reveal the path your king has set for you!

Ff929iY.jpg

[spoiler=Windswept Beast Yvain]

If your opponent controls 2 or more face-up monsters of the same Attribute, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn: You can target 1 face-down Spell or Trap on the field; return that target to your opponent's hand.

[/spoiler]

Inspiration

This card's inspiration was all over the place this time, so best start with the main story, I suppose. The name of the monster "Yvain" is a reference to the knight in Arthurian legends known as "Yvain, the Knight of the Lion". It is because of this, this beast is named after the knight, also in reference to the knight's lion companion. Another point into mythology is the many myths and legends that deal with winged lions, as you can tell by the appearance, it definitely is. Now for the beginning effect, the monster I went with basing it off of was a WIND monster by the name of Alector, Sovereign of Birds and for the ending effect, well its the main style of effect of your typical run of the mill WIND monster.

Intended Idea

Now with the idea in mind I had, was actually running this alongside the monster Raiza the Storm Monarch/Raiza the Mega Monarch. As if you couldn't see, these effects would all pop the back field in their own ways. Because of this, it makes it easier for said Duelist to attack their opponent without hindrance. Not only this, Yvain also gets to remove your opponent's monsters as Tribute Fodder (so long as they are the same Attribute). And with it being a Tribute Summon, a combo with a card such as March of the Monarchs would also aid it.

Card Art

The card art for Windswept Beast Yvain has been brought to you in part by Jazinkay's Photobucket!

KVcApER.jpg

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Select 1 card in your Deck; banish that card. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card from your hand OR excavate the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard; destroy 1 monster on the field. Opponent cannot activate card effects in response to this card's effect. When this card leave the field: You can add card banished by this card's effect to the hand. You can only control 1 "Guardian of the Sky Fortress" on the field.

Adding all entries to the submission posts.

I should also be honored to have Aix joining this one.

487692.jpg

Effect:

This card cannot be targeted by card effects. At the start of the Damage Step, If this card battles a monster, select 1 random card from your opponent's hand and call the type of the card, If you call it right, this card's original ATK and DEF becomes 2900 until the End Phase of your opponent's next turn, you can use this effect only once per turn as long as this card's original ATK is 1900. A monster destroyed by battle with this card is returned to the bottom of its owner's Deck.

Here's my entry. 

[spoiler=Entry]
V3A86FW.jpg

During the turn this card is Special Summoned, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck. This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a Wind-Type monster. You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard) by returning 1 face-up WIND monster you control to the hand. If you do, banish this card when it leaves the field.

[/spoiler]

I'll enter

fITWFuy.jpg

When this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing 2 Dragon-Type monster, it gains ATK equal to half the total ATK of the Tributed monsters. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.

I'd really like to join but i can't :(

Why can't you join this time? Assuming schoolwork or other commitments.

I would like to enter please. If accepted, I shall have my entry in by tomorrow.

You can enter until September 26th. 

Accepted though.

(I should probably keep the contest status noted in thread title for clarity)

Archived