[Finished][SCS 7] Contest of the Storms [Not Accepting | Judging Phase]

i'll enter, here's my entry

[spoiler='Sacred Wing Sylph']7cReXAX.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Lore:']1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters.
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Set all face-up Spell/Trap Cards on the field. While your opponent control no monsters: Your opponent cannot activate Set Spell/Trap cards.[/spoiler]

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allow me to utilize my judging license. Rubric is percentage-based for scaling purposes.

Clarity - 30% (Can I immediately understand what your card is supposed to do? Losing points here will also affect the other areas.)

Balance - 40% (How much does it do for its expected power level? You lose points here if it does too much or too little.)

Flavour - 20% (How well does the card's effects fit the image and/or name? Merely tacking on good effects without correlating with the other aspects of the card loses points here.)

OCG - 10% (If you lose points here, there are some major grammatical errors, or quirks in the wording that can cause confusion.)

Wind Attribute monster, hm? I think I can oblige.

CelevoirBirdOfLeaves_zps50432cd8.png

Effect Text: This card is also always treated as a Plant-type monster and a Reptile-type monster. Whenever this Defense Position monster is attacked by an opponent's monster, return up to 2 Spell/Trap cards on the field to their owner's hand.

Explanation: First of all, Celevoir is a creation that is 100% completely and utterly MINE. The 'serpent bird', as she's been nicknamed in other places, is also flagged as a Reptile and a Plant, since she has the physical traits of those Types as well as that of a Winged Beast. Being treated as three Types at once makes her splashable in decks that normally don't have an effect similar to hers. Her stats reflect the fact she is normally of a peaceful nature, though her effect makes it clear that she will retaliate in her own way. (She's got HUGE foreleaves that can blast a lot of things back once she gets a good burst of wind going...) And yes, I was partially thinking of Pendulums when I was making her, so she can launch them back off the field when someone makes the mistake of attacking her. Her image is supposed to make her look like she's hiding in a tree, but I might have failed on that effect.

My entry:

[spoiler=Black-Smoke Amphithere]

jmXXsWp.jpg
Cannot be Fusion Summoned. Can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by Banishing one WIND Attribute Dragon-Type monster you control. Once per turn: You may choose to skip this card's battle phase; Destroy one monster your Opponent controls that isn't in Face Down Defence Position. This card can attack your Opponent directly if they only control Face-Down Defence Position monsters.
[/spoiler]

Wind Attribute monster, hm? I think I can oblige.

CelevoirBirdOfLeaves_zps50432cd8.png

Effect Text: This card is also always treated as a Plant-type monster and a Reptile-type monster. Whenever this Defense Position monster is attacked by an opponent's monster, return up to 2 Spell/Trap cards on the field to their owner's hand.

Explanation: First of all, Celevoir is a creation that is 100% completely and utterly MINE. The 'serpent bird', as she's been nicknamed in other places, is also flagged as a Reptile and a Plant, since she has the physical traits of those Types as well as that of a Winged Beast. Being treated as three Types at once makes her splashable in decks that normally don't have an effect similar to hers. Her stats reflect the fact she is normally of a peaceful nature, though her effect makes it clear that she will retaliate in her own way. (She's got HUGE foreleaves that can blast a lot of things back once she gets a good burst of wind going...) And yes, I was partially thinking of Pendulums when I was making her, so she can launch them back off the field when someone makes the mistake of attacking her. Her image is supposed to make her look like she's hiding in a tree, but I might have failed on that effect.

My entry:

[spoiler=Black-Smoke Amphithere]

jmXXsWp.jpg
Cannot be Fusion Summoned. Can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by Banishing one WIND Attribute Dragon-Type monster you control. Once per turn: You may choose to skip this card's battle phase; Destroy one monster your Opponent controls that isn't in Face Down Defence Position. This card can attack your Opponent directly if they only control Face-Down Defence Position monsters.
[/spoiler]

Alright, will add both of your entries to that holding post later.

Need to add three of yours (haven't done Ryoga's one; technically I don't need to move it, but it'll make it easier to grade all the cards quickly rather than hopping all over the thread to find submissions)

Um... I accidentally cut the lore then forgot to re-paste it. :P So, it's kinda gone.

When this monster is Xyz summoned you may draw three cards from your deck. If any of the cards are WIND monsters you may Special Summon them from your hand. Any monster summoned this way cannot activate their effects the turn they are summoned. Once per turn, you may detatch one Xyz Material from this monster: Special Summon one WIND or Winged-Beast monster from your deck or Graveyard in face-up Defense Position.

here you go

When this monster is Xyz summoned you may draw three cards from your deck. If any of the cards are WIND monsters you may Special Summon them from your hand. Any monster summoned this way cannot activate their effects the turn they are summoned. Once per turn, you may detatch one Xyz Material from this monster: Special Summon one WIND or Winged-Beast monster from your deck or Graveyard in face-up Defense Position.

here you go

Thanks!

Also, I already copied something else after cutting the lore for the card, so I couldn't re-paste it.

After some thought, an alteration seems warranted to make the card appealing for would-be use in decks.

CelevoirBirdOfLeaves_zpsd46d250a.png

Effect Text: This card is also always treated as a Plant-type monster and a Reptile-type monster. Whenever this Defense Position monster is attacked by an opponent's monster, select and return up to 2 Spell/Trap cards on the field to their owner's deck. If only 1 Spell/Trap card is selected, you may banish the target instead.

Explanation: First of all, Celevoir is a creation that is 100% completely and utterly MINE. The 'serpent bird', as she's been nicknamed in other places, is also flagged as a Reptile and a Plant, since she has the physical traits of those Types as well as that of a Winged Beast. Being treated as three Types at once makes her splashable in decks that normally don't have an effect similar to hers. Her stats reflect the fact she is normally of a peaceful nature, though her effect makes it clear that she will retaliate in her own way. (She's got HUGE foreleaves that can blast a lot of things back once she gets a good burst of wind going...) And yes, I was partially thinking of Pendulums when I was making her, so she can launch them back into the deck...or even OUT of PLAY if her controller wants to Team-Rocket-style launch a card when someone makes the mistake of attacking her. Her image is supposed to make her look like she's hiding in a tree, but I might have failed on that effect.

Here is my card. A bit apprehensive about it but I think its good enough.

duVL4dK.jpg

1 Tuner monster + 1 Non Tuner monster
When this card is summoned: your opponent targets 2 cards on the their side of the field, Return those targets to the hand. If a card effect is activated that would target a monster on the field: you can change that target to another appropriate target. If this card is targeted by this effect: return it to the extra deck and draw 1 card.

Alright, I'm not sure how OP this card can be in the current meta, but I think it's an interesting idea. Tengu are usually known as malevolent demons or fierce guardians, but they are often times portrayed as mischievous and a bit playful, even.

7hnUgGU.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]

When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card on each side of the field; switch control of the targets. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

[/spoiler]

1. So the basic premise of Little Tengu is the ability to switch control of Spell and Trap Cards to clear your opponent's backrow while giving them something that could benefit you. You can give them Gift of Greed, for example, and force them to activate it using Bait Doll, while stealing their MST.
  2. This is by all means a powerful effect, so in exchange, you have to skip your Battle Phase, nulling any chance of a OTK. In addition, my personal ruling is: "When you switch control of a Set Spell/Trap Card, that card is treated as being Set on your side of the field," meaning you can't activate any Traps or Quick-Plays you steal the turn you take 'em, and your opponent knows exactly what and where the stolen card is, allowing them ample time to take defensive measures. Little Tengu is also a weakling, so he'll get run over by basically anything (not that this really has any impact on his usefulness).
  3. You can only normally (get it?) use his effect once, when he's Normal Summoned, so he's a bit slow, and his effect needs some set up to use correctly.

jkVhSiC.jpg

Stormborn Prodigy

Psychic/Tuner/Effect  Level 2 WIND

900/600

When this card is Special Summoned from your Deck: Target 1 Spell/Trap card on the field; destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Stormborn Prodigy" once per turn. Banish this card if it would be sent to the Graveyard as a Synchro Material Monster.

Sorry I'm a dumb dumb and didnt see the word "Accepting" lmao

Archived