[Finished][SCS 7] Contest of the Storms [Not Accepting | Judging Phase]

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, you are.

I forgot about your entry when I accepted it.

Probably made the acceptance post before classes (after taking a 2-hour nap b/c I'm really sleepy during college mornings.)

Technically speaking, if your name is on the main post, you're in. I'm not required to post your entry on that single post, but it keeps them organized when it's time to grade. 

Here is my entry:

sKTarmU.jpg

This card is unaffected by the effects of cards with a Violet Counter on them, and it cannot be targeted for an attack by a monster with a Violet Counter on it. When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target any number of face-up cards on the field; place 1 Violet Counter on those targets. Once per turn: You can remove 2 Violet Counters from anywhere on the field, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

I designed this card mostly to grant Gustos a Synchro 6 with a removal effect, since their only current options are Sphreeze and Psychic Nightmare.

Flavor and Trivia: This card is called as "Lightning" because it is meant to be an assassin who, like a lightning strike, is fast and attacks from the sky. The protection effect is also a reference to this card avoiding or moving around tagged monsters and cards.

I'd like to enter. Card

tHemqCB.jpg

Lore: You can Special Summon this card from your hand by returning 1 WIND-Attribute monster on your side of the field to the hand. If you do, this card's effects become that of the returned monster, until the End Phase. During the End Phase, if you control this face-up card, target a WIND-Attribute monster in your hand that can be Special Summoned, return this card to the hand; Special Summon this card's target. You can only activate the effect of "Peperup Owl" once per duel.

(I fixed all the errors I saw and put the card's actual text after "Lore: )

Hello :') This is my entry :

1411441620-createcrrard.png

Wind/Spellcaster ☆3

If there is no other face-up WIND monster on the field, destroy this card. During the End Phase of a turn that this card destroyed a monster by battle: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 of your banished WIND monsters. Banish this card when it leaves the field.

Yeah, there is.

Deadline's this upcoming Friday.

This week's throwing exams at me like they're going out of style; hopefully I judge things on time. (Ideally, I'd like to grade stuff now, so I have the results ready when time comes, but it usually takes up to a week for results at the worst; also depends on how Gadjiltron's circumstances are)

I still have exams next week, but they're both on next Thursday so gives me some buffer time to grade stuff.

(Can't do it the rest of this week because I have an [electric] physics exam in 13 hours and a Spanish oral on Friday to deal with; along with general other stuff. Accepting entries, I can do.)

Should be able to grade them on weekend or sometime up before end of the month at worst.

Still accepting right?

My card is a card in the archetype that is to be released this October, "Spirit Beast":

SRKcOWA.jpg

[spoiler='Effect']

When this card is banished, target 1 card your opponent control and destroy it. There must be a face-up "Spirit Beast" monster on your side of the field to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only Special Summon 1 "Noble Spirit Beast Apelio" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

Here is my card. It's written due to my inability to find a good image to fit with this.

[spoiler='Written Card: "Icaryte Wingmaker"']

Icaryte Wingmaker

Level 4

WIND / Warrior / Effect

Discard one WIND monster from your hand: Target 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster you control; that target can attack your opponent directly. This card cannot attack the same turn you activate this attack. You can only activate this effect of "Icaryte Wingmaker" once per turn. When this card is discarded: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; change that target's battle position.

ATK: 1300 / DEF: 1500

[/spoiler]

I'm in :3

[spoiler='Lefarsi, Archlord of Whirlwinds']

lefarsi__archlord_of_whirlwinds_by_batme

**Effect**

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, you can banish 1 monster from your graveyard: Target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls whose level is lower than the Level of the banished monster; return that to its owner’s hand.

[/spoiler]

Here are your scores from my end.

As usual, ask if you'd like clarification (some of them have a reason why you got a certain mark; others might not)

Overall, pretty impressed with the entries.

[spoiler=Sakura's Scores]

Duel Emperor

B/D: 16 (2 free bounces on its Normal Summoning didn't really sit well, especially in conjunction with immunity if opponent even summoned from Extra; which is still common nowadays [but it does punish Decks from doing it]. Otherwise, it's fine)

C: 13

O: 10

T: 5

Total: 44

Olzys

B/D: 18

C: 14

Total: 47

JamesMuddy

B/D: 8 (Materials are somewhat hard to get out, except in maybe Mecha Phantom Beasts or something. However, it gives you massive free draw + ability to SS ANY WIND/Winged-Beast from the Deck/Graveyard. So in essence, I could detach this and summon something like Apex Avian or Simorgh for free)

C: 5

O: 1

Total: 19

Radiant FURY

B/D: 16 (That destruction effect of his is pretty much guaranteed to go off every turn, assuming opponent doesn't backrow you. However, it does kill your own cards as well, so it counterbalances it to some degree. Can also set up for Xyz/Synchro spam to an extent, depending on the Deck you use this in.)

C: 13.5

Total: 44.5

- Aqua -

B/D: 19.5 (Can essentially search another copy of itself and SS it; then go into something like Totem Bird or whatever R3 WINDs exist; or some Synchro.

C: 12.5

O: 9.5 (That one plural on “effect”s; otherwise it's essentially clean, as usual)

Total: 46.5

LeLukeX

B/D: 12.5 (Basically turns into Heavy Storm on a 2.7k body that also bounces stuff; with costs. Also dropped w/out Tribute in certain WIND decks that can spam the required monsters)

C: 10

O: 9

Total: 36.5

[Though this guy essentially left from what I could make out of his statuses, so if he wins anything, giving it to the next one in line]

Qliphoth Tool

B/D: 17

Total: 45.5

Aix

B/D: 18.5

Chaos Sonic

B/D: 19 (Plain/simple, also can be used as a free 2.4k against mono Attribute fields/Decks and can bounce backrow)

C: 14.5

Total: 48.5

WizCC

B/D: 12.5 (essentially an indefinite variant of Sarc that can pop monsters without being hindered by your opponent's effects and so on)

C: 11

O: 7.5 (You don't “excavate” cards to the Graveyard; they're sent. Also forgot to put the articles in front of words like “opponent” and “card banished...”)

Total: 36

Dramatic Crossroads

B/D: 19

Total: 48.5

Glovenaut

B/D: 16 (So in essence, this card becomes a 2900 beater if you can call the card right, and otherwise still remains 1900 and can't be targeted. Hmm...)

O: 8

Total: 42.5

Reptillous

RickyKrilov

B/D: 16 (It's essentially a floater for WIND monsters)

C: 12

O: 4

Total: 37

josholche

O: 9.5

Total: 45

BailasGale

B/D: 15 (It's a nice way to regroup after your opponent decides to sweep your field, but otherwise doesn't do much aside from fueling Synchro Summons)

C: 12

O: 8.5

Total: 40.5

guthixman540

B/D: 15.5 (Can essentially become a 3-4k beatstick on its own that can pierce; though it only works if you sacrifice two Dragons to Tribute Summon it; and that isn't far from possible.)

O: 9 (If this were old OCG, this would've been fine; now the piercing effect is wording much more simply)

Total: 40.5

Ryoga Kamishiro

B/D: 16.5 (Locking down backrow is nice, but it requires opponent to not have monsters. Still can be used in conjunction with other monsters to clean up remaining things, so it can kick in for OTKs or something. Not sure if this would severely hurt Fire Fists or whatever relies on their face-up S/Ts, but it'll do something to them. Also a decent Level 6 drop.)

Total: 43.5

Talim Rave

B/D: 17.5

C: 11.5

O: 7

Total: 41

Cat Sith (Simon Blackquill)

O: 8.5

Total: 44

Oriannis

O: 5

Total: 41

pwnyo

B/D: 17 (You run the chance of getting a card you can't use, and opponent does know what you stole, but they won't know yours until later. Also a bit weak, but all this was mentioned by you during submission)

Mizore-Shirayuki

Total: 45.5

ODST

B/D: 12 (So essentially, you can SS this card with any WIND Dragon; even something like Petit Dragon or one of the Dragunity Tuners. The third effect would see some usage against stuff like Ghostricks/Shaddolls or something; assuming you've gotten rid of their bosses via the 2nd effect or something)

C: 9

O: 4

Total: 30

Voltex

B/D: 20

Total: 49

Kotoakatsukami

B/D: 14.5 (it's still a free 2400 ATK L4 when it comes out, copies whatever it bounced and then can SS a new monster in its place; but this one is OPD)

O: 7.5

Total: 38

Jae

B/D: 17

Lera

B/D: 18.5

ReneTCG

Batmed

O: 7.5

Total: 42.5[/spoiler]

As soon as Gadj posts his scores, they can be tallied up and prizes can be awarded properly.

Since he's using percentages as opposed to my point system, I converted his into points based on my 50 point one. (Will be out of 100)

Archived