Star Wars: Episode VII

Tentacruel

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or does the voice over sound like Benedict Cumberbatch? At least the first line. I really hope he's got a role in it, would love to see him as a Sith.

As for the trailer itself, it leaves little to be gleamed really. Liked that lightsaber though. I'm in no way a fan of Star Wars franchise, but I can say I'm cautiously excited for this.

*knows nothing about the expanded universe*

Eh. Whatever. Long as the new movies are good.

Basically every single piece of starwars fiction ever made outside of the clone was tv show, the movies, and the new rebels tv show coming out are now non-canon. Something like 30 years worth of people's contributions (some of which take place literally like 30000 years before the movies do) are more or less worthless now. I'm admittedly not a huge star wars fan, but seeing the novels and games that i did enjoy growing up tossed aside feels wrong to me.

Here's hoping its worth the retcon, in any case.

He WAS a badass in the books tho...the prequels with the exception of maybe revenge sucked and we know it

I heard he was pretty good in the Clone Wars series as well, which also goes for Grevious. Have yet to continue watching that, but I have no desire to.

All things aside, I really, REALLY wanna see a trilogy focused on Palpatine and Darth Plagueis.

Basically every single piece of starwars fiction ever made outside of the clone was tv show, the movies, and the new rebels tv show coming out are now non-canon. Something like 30 years worth of people's contributions (some of which take place literally like 30000 years before the movies do) are more or less worthless now. I'm admittedly not a huge star wars fan, but seeing the novels and games that i did enjoy growing up tossed aside feels wrong to me.

...for real

even the republic commando books?

Blegh.

At least modern CG X-Wings is something to look forward to.

• 10 months later...

It was a smart move to try to make all presales happen at the same time.

On the other hand, I work at a theater and had totally asked my manager to give me a heads up when tickets were going to go on sale.

She did not inform me in time :(

GUESS WHO'S GOING TO SEE STAR WARS AT 9AM ON A FRIDAY?

Oh funk are they already selling out? 

Almost immediately, if not for the websites that sell tickets crashing. I managed to snag one spot at the first showing at 7pm on Thursday the 17th in the best auditorium at my theater.

My theater almost always sells more in that one, being the "Ultrascreen" (IMAX equivalent, basically). I ended up also getting some tickets for my sister and +1 for the day after, as well.

Finally, here's SW Ep. 7 star John Boyega reacting to the trailer.

https://instagram.com/p/9DN_LbsCtp/

Archived