Star Wars: Episode VII

Tentacruel

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Personally]

I believe Rey is Luke's daughter. Call it a gut feeling, but I see that as more likely than being Han's daughter. I feel like he and Leia would have known it was her if they saw her. Or at least Leia, since she's somewhat force-intuitive.

I can see Luke leaving her on Jaaku to protect her if Kylo and the rest of the First Order tried finding any sort of connection to him.

[spoiler Response]I kinda have mixed feelings on this. I'd originally thought like you, but my dad thinks she's Han and Leia's daughter and his arguments are pretty convincing.

The biggest argument against being Luke's daughter is twofold. One, they'd have to build up a mother. Luke really had no visible love interest in the original. The second part of that argument is that Luke would probably follow the Jedi order purely in order to not fall like his father. That said, he'd probably remain abstinent.

[spoiler=Well...]

Personally, I'd love it if Rey turned out to be Obi-Wan's granddaughter, or even daughter (somehow). He spent all those years in isolation, so he had plenty of time to break the Jedi code.

I dismissed the theory at first, thinking it was stupid, but after giving it some thought, I've come to like it more and more. Apart from Obi-Wan's isolation being one hint of her origin (aside from Anakin & Luke's origins, of course), the fact that he owned Anakin's lightsaber for a long time, their shared accents and attitudes, even the fact that out of all the voices she could've heard in her force vision, it was Obi-Wan... Plus, it would really create an amazing sort of dynamic between her and Kylo Ren. You know, continuing the Kenobi-Skywalker legacy and all.

And not only would it make sense, but it would also be unexpected - a true plot reveal worthy of Star Wars that would prove to be satisfying for all, unlike if she turned out to just be the obvious choices, AKA Han's or Luke's daughter. They are making a big deal out of this so.

Rey Kenobi!

No?

Am I the only one who likes this idea?

[spoiler Response]I kinda have mixed feelings on this. I'd originally thought like you, but my dad thinks she's Han and Leia's daughter and his arguments are pretty convincing.

The biggest argument against being Luke's daughter is twofold. One, they'd have to build up a mother. Luke really had no visible love interest in the original. The second part of that argument is that Luke would probably follow the Jedi order purely in order to not fall like his father. That said, he'd probably remain abstinent.

[spoiler=Reply]

You're right, they would have to build up a mother. But they could totally do that during the next movie.

I honestly don't see that to be that huge an obstacle.

And it seemed to me that Luke was starting a new Jedi Order, so I wouldn't apply any of the old rules until we learn more.

If he's the one starting a new order and saw Vader help bring down the Empire out of love for Luke, along with his kinship with Leia, I don't think he'd have as adverse feelings towards love that the Jedi of old did.

[spoiler=Well...]

Personally, I'd love it if Rey turned out to be Obi-Wan's granddaughter, or even daughter (somehow). He spent all those years in isolation, so he had plenty of time to break the Jedi code.

I dismissed the theory at first, thinking it was stupid, but after giving it some thought, I've come to like it more and more. Apart from Obi-Wan's isolation being one hint of her origin (aside from Anakin & Luke's origins, of course), the fact that he owned Anakin's lightsaber for a long time, their shared accents and attitudes, even the fact that out of all the voices she could've heard in her force vision, it was Obi-Wan... Plus, it would really create an amazing sort of dynamic between her and Kylo Ren. You know, continuing the Kenobi-Skywalker legacy and all.

And not only would it make sense, but it would also be unexpected - a true plot reveal worthy of Star Wars that would prove to be satisfying for all, unlike if she turned out to just be the obvious choices, AKA Han's or Luke's daughter. They are making a big deal out of this so.

Rey Kenobi!

No?

Am I the only one who likes this idea?

I'd be alright with that. I'd buy that over Han and Leia, to be honest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is Boba Fett even alive in what's considered canon nowadays? I know in the former extended universe he's fallen into and escaped the sarlacc pit on at least three separate occasions somehow.

Yeah they confirmed he's alive. You even his his insignia in the flags left by people who Visited Mas Kanada's cantina

Also he's getting his own movie. It'd be cool if he trained Rey or Finn

Speaking of Rey's training MFSndGl.png

Archived