• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second SU is done. Because I am a can of Pringles and have a bit too much free thought-space on my hands (and it's really just a spur-of-the-moment activity) I came up with kanji for the names of some other characters as well, as I personally though possibly fit their names best...

Cherry: [acronym=ryuusei]流星[/acronym] [acronym=myuzu]ミュズ[/acronym] or maybe 琉星 I thought the other possibilities were not light enough / too masculine

Tayla: [acronym=tamabuku]魂悔駆[/acronym] [acronym=miero]ミエロ[/acronym] alternatively 魂無駆? but that's about it re: appropriate nomenclature

Sim: [acronym=kurosawa]黒沢[/acronym] [acronym=jun]俊[/acronym] ok your first name can actually mean basically whatever you want, I just liked this one a bit more than the rest I saw at a glance. option of 澤 over 沢 but kurosawa is basically just a 'placename' surname most of the time.

APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE ELSE you didn't have a weaboo character name (and instead had a Western one ... :v). I think weaboo and non-weaboo character names are both cool but generally make weaboo ones for animu/mango/jculture rps because I am a weaboo that is all okay bye.

Oh. Yes. I wanted to ask you something Cherry. Is Muse's picture Lily? I mean usually Lily has a skirt but the general aesthetic is very similar so I thought I'd ask. @_@ Some original characters look like other characters (very strikingly so) so it is also possible that it's just a case of mistaken identity.

Thank you, thank you. I try my best.

I just went to safebooru again to check Lily's eye color to make sure (I somehow had an impression that she had red eyes for some reason) and lo and behold the picture's on the first page. I would like to restate my status as a can of Pringles /can't believe I missed it the first time

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a Japanese transation for 'Tammabuku', since I originally pulled the name from the game 'Battle of Giants: Dragons'. Tammabuku is actually the name of the world in that game and translates in the game's dragon language into 'Land of Dragons'. :P

Double consonants are generally frowned upon in nihongo except under specific circumstances (the most immediate example I can think of is 'tte' / って or similar). I used tama / bu / ku (so Tamabuku) as the syllabic -> kanji breakdown components! Thankfully for everyone involved it works out decently well as the kanji I posted means something like "regretful control of souls" or some such. It's hard to pin down exactly what I'd translate names as outside of specific set-words (e.g. the kanji I used for ryuusei just means shooting star, the alternative means glassy / glowing / lapis star).

EDIT: Yup Battle of Giants: Dragons was made by Ubisoft Quebec >_>;;

Updated SU with ace card images for Chocolat & Vanille. Photoshop foils look quite a bit more foil than raw generated ones (wow what a surprise right).

Also offering my services in assisting with co-host duties, given that another hasn't been found in a while.

I've been busier than expected the past few days, and I haven't been able to make any headway on content/apps as a result. At the moment we're looking at a start date of the middle of next week, my schedule permitting. Should be getting back into the swing of things now that the new year is upon us. Those who've PMed me should be hearing back from me in the next day or so, and hopefully you should see a little more fluff in the OP in a similar timeframe.

Expect my app(s) to be up soonish too.

Updated SU with ace card images for Chocolat & Vanille. Photoshop foils look quite a bit more foil than raw generated ones (wow what a surprise right).

Also offering my services in assisting with co-host duties, given that another hasn't been found in a while.

You seem to know what you're doing for the most part, so sure. You're hired. Will get toyour other app after I finish up with the other three or four i need to get to first.

I can do that. Also, are we allowed to add in cards as necessary, or are we fixed with what we have right now? I still have yet to come up with the Performapal Fusion and Xyz.

card edit is good and everything else is kosher. You guys can add cards whenever, but they've all got to go through me or another host first.

Name: Damien Anderson

Faction: E-Sec / Hydra

[spoiler='Appearance']

714713Sanstitre1.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Biography']

A collective farm is not the best place to grow up, but Damien found the best way to get used to the boredom and the hardworking in those farms since he was 7 years old. He turned it into a game by himself, trying to find something new every day, some insects in the mud he'd never seen before, playing yu-gi-oh broad game with his mates in the evening, etc...
By the time she was about nine, he had explored every single allowed inch of the farm he was born in. It was perhaps only natural that he'd move on secretly at nights to places he wasn't supposed to be in, but still a little bit closer from the farms, and this was the first time his curiosity got him into trouble when he found himself in the middle of a Handicap-Duel that was between E-sec units and a burglar. He evades before too much damage was done to him by the aggression of the solid holograms and before anyone else noticed him.
It wasn't the first day when Damien Anderson discovered the world of Yu-Gi-Oh Dueling, but from that accident it was like an entire world had opened up to him. And it was about time when he was 18 years old that Eden-Security needs new units: He signed up as soon as a slot was available, eager to see what new sights awaited him over his new job !!
However, he was very disappointed from what he saw in that new world, most of his fellows were only interested by how gathering money, neglecting their duties by keeping the streets and innocents save !! 
He was about to quite his job when he first heard about the Hydra Clan: Without any hesitation, he joined them. Even he knows that this will send him directly to him tomb-stone, he was faithful to his conscious and refuse to see Eden crumbling and his fellows in the farms suffering, not anymore. But there is also a hidden factor that push him into this deadly "Adventure": His love toward dueling. He knows that working for both of these "organisations" will give him a lot of chances to duel and improve his dueling skills.
However, he did not show his real identity to Hydra: He is just another rebellious citizen for them ... Disguising by wearing a blond wig and a fake bread, was more than enough to make him away from suspicions.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Personality']

Damien is Self-motivated, optimistic, over-indulgent (only if the matter concerns him only, not others) lives for the moment (especially while dueling) and loves new experiences (obviously appear by pushing himself in a situation that he could not handle: working for both E-Sec and Hydra). He is also flexible (can easily adopt himself with Hydra and E-Sec in the same time), and Kind-hearted and Warm (Helps anyone who seeks his aid).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Deck']

Damien use a Darklord Deck. This deck strategy focus on sending Darklords to the Graveyard and then Summoning them. This Deck can have many ways of discarding cards to the Graveyard. You can use monster effects such as "Armageddon Knight's" or "Dark Grepher" effect, or the effects of "Darklord Asmodeus" and "Darklord Zerato", in order to discard cards to the Graveyard. Additionally, you can use "Trade-In" (you run many Level 8 monsters) to combine both discarding and drawing power.

[/spoiler]

Ace Card(s):

Brulla, The Sacred Nemesis

Darklord Na'amah

Angel Fallen into Darkness

Fallen Sanctuary

[spoiler='Custom Cards']

Fallen Nemesis

Darklord Priestess 
Darklord Zagan
Darklord Onoskelis
Darklord Alastor
Darklord Vapula
Darklord Samyaza

Darklord Elyth

Necro, Dragon Ruler of Abyss

False Archlord of Duskiness

Azazel, The Morning Star

Azrael, Archlord of Entropy
Lucifer, The Dethroned Archlord

Archfiend of Zera
Hyperion, Infected Master of Entropy

Soulmates Rites

Revenge of the Fallen One

Darklord's Bewitchment

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Misc. Info ']

He loves pop music, can eat until he die, practicing everyday to be in shape ...

He also treat his male-friends as if they were his waifiu !! Kind of including in his Kind-hearted and Warm personality ><

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kai Summoning]The second Summoning Mechanic I've developed for [R]EVOLVE, Kai monsters are red extra deck monster cards that are supposed to be enhanced/powered up/evolved forms of existing monsters (The word Kai is roughly translated from japanese as meaning “modified” or “enhanced”). Kai monsters are summoned via Kai summon, which, like Synchro summoning, involves sending the required materials you control to the graveyard. The key difference here is in the materials used and how a Kai monster functions once it is summoned. All Kai monsters have 2 kinds of materials: a Prime Material and Kai Charges. The Prime Material is the original monster that the Kai monster is supposed to be a modified form of. It is always listed on the Kai monster card via its card name, exactly like a fusion material. Kai Charges are additional materials that are required for the Kai summon, and can be any monster you control. Like non-tuner monsters on a synchro monster, Kai Charges are always listed on a Kai monster card as "X or more Kai Charges". All Kai Monsters require banishing the Prime Material and sending at least a minimum number of Kai Charges specified in the summoning requirements you control to the graveyard at once to summon them. All Kai monsters possess the same level (or a level equivalent to the prime material's rank, if it was an xyz), attribute (none if the Prime Material was an Alloy), and type (or types, if the Prime Material was an Alloy) as their prime material. In addition, all Kai monsters have what is known as a charge bonus effect. A charge bonus is an additional effect a kai monster gains if it was summoned using at least a specified number of kai charges, and is indicated on a kai monster card by “Charge Bonus X: *effect text*”, with the X being the minimum number of Kai charges required for the Kai to gain its charge bonus effect.

Developed as a tool to end the magical wars of antiquity, Kai summoning requires a great deal of magical power and training to use effectively. At present, only 8 blank Kai monster cards exist, and all of them have been enchanted and distributed throughout Eden, to be found by those who may be able to make use of them. In order to break the enchantment on a Kai monster card, a duelist must have an incredible amount of magical potential, as well as a heightened emotional state of some sort. Once the seal is broken, the blank Kai monster card will then become an enhanced form of the whichever monster is most present in the Duelist's mind at the time of the seal's breaking, usually their ace monster, and will remain in that condition from then on. As Kai monsters are integral to the plot, I ask that no character begin the rp in possession of an unsealed Kai, as their reveals should be important plot events. As well, since there are only 8 cards, they will be given to characters on a first come-first serve basis.

For the purposes of creating Kai monsters in the card maker, use the effect monster template, and add " / Kai" after the monster's type.

sample card[/spoiler]

'palm meets face' As per the bolded part of this spoiler, which is in the first post, no one is allowed to start with an unsealed Kai monster. If not all the Kai cards are taken, you can start with a blank Kai card, but you won't be able to use it at the start.

'palm meets face' As per the bolded part of this spoiler, which is in the first post, no one is allowed to start with an unsealed Kai monster. If not all the Kai cards are taken, you can start with a blank Kai card, but you won't be able to use it at the start.

ow, I thought that I can make one and treat it as a blank card until it will be unsealed ><

sorry my bad, anyway, consider it removed (actually it is ><) 

Name: Damien Anderson

Faction: E-Sec / Hydra

[spoiler='Appearance']

714713Sanstitre1.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Biography']

A collective farm is not the best place to grow up, but Damien found the best way to get used to the boredom and the hardworking in those farms since he was 7 years old. He turned it into a game by himself, trying to find something new every day, some insects in the mud he'd never seen before, playing yu-gi-oh broad game with his mates in the evening, etc...
By the time she was about nine, he had explored every single allowed inch of the farm he was born in. It was perhaps only natural that he'd move on secretly at nights to places he wasn't supposed to be in, but still a little bit closer from the farms, and this was the first time his curiosity got him into trouble when he found himself in the middle of a Handicap-Duel that was between E-sec units and a burglar. He evades before too much damage was done to him by the aggression of the solid holograms and before anyone else noticed him.
It wasn't the first day when Damien Anderson discovered the world of Yu-Gi-Oh Dueling, but from that accident it was like an entire world had opened up to him. And it was about time when he was 18 years old that Eden-Security needs new units: He signed up as soon as a slot was available, eager to see what new sights awaited him over his new job !!
However, he was very disappointed from what he saw in that new world, most of his fellows were only interested by how gathering money, neglecting their duties by keeping the streets and innocents save !! 
He was about to quite his job when he first heard about the Hydra Clan: Without any hesitation, he joined them. Even he knows that this will send him directly to him tomb-stone, he was faithful to his conscious and refuse to see Eden crumbling and his fellows in the farms suffering, not anymore. But there is also a hidden factor that push him into this deadly "Adventure": His love toward dueling. He knows that working for both of these "organisations" will give him a lot of chances to duel and improve his dueling skills.
However, he did not show his real identity to Hydra: He is just another rebellious citizen for them ... Disguising by wearing a blond wig and a fake bread, was more than enough to make him away from suspicions.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Personality']

Damien is Self-motivated, optimistic, over-indulgent (only if the matter concerns him only, not others) lives for the moment (especially while dueling) and loves new experiences (obviously appear by pushing himself in a situation that he could not handle: working for both E-Sec and Hydra). He is also flexible (can easily adopt himself with Hydra and E-Sec in the same time), and Kind-hearted and Warm (Helps anyone who seeks his aid).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Deck']

Damien use a Darklord Deck. This deck strategy focus on sending Darklords to the Graveyard and then Summoning them. This Deck can have many ways of discarding cards to the Graveyard. You can use monster effects such as "Armageddon Knight's" or "Dark Grepher" effect, or the effects of "Darklord Asmodeus" and "Darklord Zerato", in order to discard cards to the Graveyard. Additionally, you can use "Trade-In" (you run many Level 8 monsters) to combine both discarding and drawing power.

[/spoiler]

Ace Card(s):

Brulla, The Sacred Nemesis

Darklord Na'amah

Angel Fallen into Darkness

Fallen Sanctuary

[spoiler='Custom Cards']

Fallen Nemesis

Darklord Priestess 
Darklord Zagan
Darklord Onoskelis
Darklord Alastor
Darklord Vapula
Darklord Samyaza

Darklord Elyth

Necro, Dragon Ruler of Abyss

False Archlord of Duskiness

Azazel, The Morning Star

Azrael, Archlord of Entropy
Lucifer, The Dethroned Archlord

Archfiend of Zera
Hyperion, Infected Master of Entropy

Soulmates Rites

Revenge of the Fallen One

Darklord's Bewitchment

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Misc. Info ']

He loves pop music, can eat until he die, practicing everyday to be in shape ...

He also treat his male-friends as if they were his waifiu !! Kind of including in his Kind-hearted and Warm personality ><

[/spoiler]

Denied on the grounds that the personality section falls below the minimum length. As well the app lacks substance and grammar is on the whole terrible. Try again.

Denied on the grounds that the personality section falls below the minimum length. As well the app lacks substance and grammar is on the whole terrible. Try again.

I know I shouldn't do this at midnight...

but anyway, I don't think that I'll be active this week, so I'll just drop it out ... sorry :(

[spoiler=Chimari Mura, the Double Agent with a Strong Conscience]Name: Chimari Mura

Faction: Hydra/E-Sec
[spoiler=Appearance]Chimari is short for someone her age, only standing at 5' 5", yet she weighs in at a total of 157lbs, and her BWH ratio stands at 36-32-37. This technically grants her a straight body type like that of the vast majority of women, but with all those curves that it actually has to it, it would've been a prime candidate for the hourglass body type that women deem so perfect if Chimari'd actually watch what she was was eating and lose some weight for once in her life. The other thing that distinguishes her appearance, apart from the small things like her not wearing a glove on her right hand and the long skirt of her uniform having a slit on the right side, is that she has heterochromia, with her right eye being orange and her lime green hair hiding a baby blue left eye.

[Image excised due to space][/spoiler][spoiler=Personality]Although she's seen more than her fair share of corruption in the E-Sec industry, Chimari is still doing her damnedest to live her life as an honest cop who helps those in need. However, with her superiors having been bribed by Ruben herself to ignore most of the actions Hydra takes, Chimari doesn't hold much hope for anyone else, and is starting to feel as though she has to uphold peace and nobility all by herself. Unfortunately, this in turn leaves her with a ton of stress to deal with. One can tell that she has trouble coping with it and the closer she is to her limit, the less she wants to deal with people in general. This even extends to her family, friends and colleagues in the office where she works during the day, but give her something to snack on and she'll get over it quickly.

Chimari tends to miss out on a lot Hydra meetings because of her job as an E-Sec officer, but throughout all the ones that she did attend, she's learnt that she can't trust a single Hydra member not to take things too far, and is wary of them as a result. Specifically, she dislikes their leader, and outright despises Ruben for being such a kiss-ass around him. But the reason she's sticking with them is because the only way to truly help the citizens through the oppression is to end it already, and Chimari learnt and accepted that a long time ago. Nonetheless, she still reports Hydra's actions to E-Sec and vice versa, and hasn't truly picked a side yet; reason being that the Council has always been at fault for oppressing the citizens in the first place, and while Hydra's mission statement sounds noble in theory, in practice it feels more like an excuse for people to riot and do illegal things, which gives Chimari an uneasy feeling. After all, all she ever wanted was to do the right thing... and eat plenty of donuts too.[/spoiler][spoiler=Biography]In hindsight, Chimari Mura wishes she never did a lot of the stuff that she did over the years. She was born obese, and as such, her family had to work harder than most just to get enough food to satisfy their needs. They managed to survive despite this, and everything was going well right up until one Friday night when Chimari was just 7 years old. Both her parents were out looking for supplies that night when all of a sudden they both got caught in the middle of a protest against the Center, which quickly escalated into a full-scale riot that killed both of them, as well as many of the protesters that started the riot in the first place. Needless to say that Chimari was distraught by this, but she'd learnt a valuable lesson in conscience, which she would never forget in her lifetime.

However, the death of her parents had brought Chimari a great, long-lasting depression that had cut her motivation down to size. As a result, she never got the job she wanted in the end because her grades for her schooling were too poor for it, and she couldn't maintain any job that she could find for any more than two days. In the end, Chimari gave up entirely, and resorted to prostitution for her reliable source of regular income. Even to this day, she regrets even considering such a notion, as because she was still heavily overweight from being obese at birth, she was classed as a 'cheap' prostitute, meaning the scarce payment she got wasn't even worth the risks involved.

After 15 long years after the death of her parents, Chimari finally caught a break; in the form of the same person that caused the riot being assigned to her as a client. Having recognized this scumbag, Chimari decided that instead of doing her job as a prostitute after their little rendezvous, she'd try to apprehend him, tie him up and bring him to the authorities instead. She only entertained the idea because she had nothing to lose in the attempt to take him on, but in her surprise, it was easy for her to take down. It was then that she realized that perhaps she could grow to be a decent E-Sec officer after all, just like she always wanted to be. And so she ditched her poultry lifestyle and made for the E-Sec Academy, in which she passed her tests, albeit barely, and was given her own weaponized Duel Disk.

2 years passed, and Chimari soon realized, after seeing the corruption with the E-Sec industry as a whole first-hand, that being an officer was too different from what she had been dreaming about all this time. As such, she considered quitting the force multiple times. Her superiors were there to keep her on track with her sense of nobility at first, but they were bribed into turning a blind eye to some of the actions that Hydra took, specifically by Ruben Hokama, a member who worked closely with the leader. Ruben tried to bribe Chimari too, but was surprised by her flat-out refusal to accept that bribe out of nobility. However, Ruben decided that she'd plant a large sum of cash into Chimari's cleavage, and tasked Chimari not to touch it for a week unless she wanted to join Hydra's ranks. The embarrassing part was that Ruben left this cash in plain view, but Chimari never touched it nonetheless... except to shove it back into Ruben's face. But, although she could tell that Chimari was serious about not wanting to join Hydra, Ruben still insisted that Hydra needed someone like her to end the oppression once and for all, and gave her an unawakened Kai card to keep should she join. It was certainly less of an incentive at that stage than the money was, but after some thought, and blank staring at the Kai card, Chimari requested to the chief that she go undercover and watch Hydra's actions... if only because she couldn't trust anyone else not to defect.[/spoiler]
Deck: Allies of Justice

Ace Monsters: Catastor, Cyclone Creator and Decisive Armor

Custom Cards: TBA
[spoiler=Misc. Info]Theme Song: Kryptonite, by 3 Doors Down

Ideal Voice Actress: Carrie Keranen (En)/Aiko Aihashi (Jp)[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Pretty acceptable app. Curious about the origin of the phrase "poultry lifestyle" ... I mean it makes sense to me to a certain extent but only if it were in another language. Is there an English source?! Anyway, a quick reminder that no one associated with the exchange of the "unawakened Kai card" knows anything beyond possibly the fact that it's an important card; kind of like the Blue Card in Digimon Tamers that Shibumi randomly hands out. Everything else is okay. Approved.

Bonus weaboo name: 武良 千眞理

Are Duel Spirits a thing at all in this canon? Like, it's understandable that in this kinda high-tech setting they'd be less prominent, but, I assume they might be visible to more spiritual folk, like the Mages, or monks. It is a setting with magic, yes?

Duel spirits and the spirit realm as a whole do not exist in this canon. Rather, duel monsters exist on numerous physical planes that are overlayed on to the main material plane of the universe in which the rp takes place. Magic in this setting is actually the term used to describe the casting of spells using the energy of these planes, or the summoning of the monsters that dwell on them.

In addendum to the above - you /can/ summon monsters into existence but they won't be invisible, and typically won't be ethereal. So.

Some mages can, yes, though doing this in public is highly inadvisable and weaponized solid vision generally will have a similar effect without raising any suspicions from onlookers.

[spoiler=Convergence of the two? Does it produce four?]Name: [acronym=sousei]霜星[/acronym] [acronym=vanille]ヴァニラ[/acronym] & [acronym=sousei]霜星[/acronym] [acronym=chocolat]ショコラ[/acronym]

Faction: Mage

[spoiler=Appearance:]
0kApwHt.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality:]
Vanille
theme song: Umbrella
h/w: 5'3.4" (161.0 cm) / 110.0 lbs (49.9 kg)
basic traits: A peaceable and quiet girl, Vanille has an air of tranquility that many find difficult to intentionally disturb. Presenting a graceful figure and persona at functions and formalities, she instinctively distances herself from casual acquaintances who try to cover too much ground. Her day-to-day persona is much more open and welcoming, and affects people with all the warmth and compassion of the spring breeze. Neither exterior should be necessarily taken as a sign of weakness; beneath the superficial details, she possesses perfect self-confidence as well as resilience of character, and has mastered the art of polite refusal - standing her ground, but not making other people feel bad in the process. Rather pure and innocent on the whole, though she tends to exhibit a bit more flexibility than people would reasonably expect, and has no qualms, for example, about skipping school or actively ignoring supposed authority. Singular and focused on any pursuit she's serious about, and excels at academics, magical theory, and caretaking. Quite organized, though not to the point of being obsessive about it given that she's had to live with her sister all her life; perpetually has to clean up after Chocolat in more senses than one.

minor tidbits: Perfect vision, but doesn't think much of it. A very capable pianist on her way to professional-level playing - music is one of her devoted pastimes, and she has far more talent for it than Kyo. Appreciates art in all its forms; dabbles in painting and has a charming natural voice despite lack of vocal training.

Chocolat

theme song: next

h/w: 5'4" (162.6 cm) / 114.9 lbs (52.1 kg)

basic traits: Volatile and a little fractious, Chocolat is easily irritable towards perceived hostility from strangers, sometimes quickly escalating to the point of intolerance and scorn. Her status as an effective princess of the Genmetsu family - alongside Vanille, naturally - allows her a lot more crassness than can be afforded the typical person. Typically her demeanor is lively and temperate, but always very direct whatever her decisions; because of this, she can be perceived as quite charismatic in some of her behaviours, and is looked up to among her group of female friends as お姉様. Believes baseball bats to be excellent tools for beating people up (or, in her words, "meting out justice to those who deserve it") and has a small collection of them; she generally prefers brandishing a stainless steel one in usual out-and-about excursions that would require them. Despite her outward unruliness and mischief, she's actually comparatively more principled than her sister, and worries about being perceived as a bad person by those close to her. Casual with a hint of laziness, but tendencies to rampage are not infrequent, often with devastating results; more lax than Vanille with her studies, either due to or made up by (or both) her immense magical output / talent.

minor tidbits: A bit nearsighted, just enough to have some parts of her field of view be slightly blurry without glasses. Understandably a little miffed about this and often wears contacts, becoming a little embarrassed when she has to wear her glasses in public. Technically the older sibling of the twins. Has a decent amount of training in a couple of garden-variety martial arts, which she liberally employs (because magic is often not an option).

---

shared traits: Their names are also their favourite flavors of ice cream, which is possibly a two-way effect (they like it both because they like it and because it's their names?). Both love small critters of all stripes; the familiars they keep around-ish are testament to this. They like to shop, but not necessarily for luxurious items - although they're both practically ojousamas they enjoy interacting with normal people and buying normal things a lot more (stuff like groceries, household items, etc) - the planning part is more fun than the actual buying part, even. A bit of a holdover from their days before adoption.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Background:]
The memories that Chocolat and Vanille have of their younger days are a little hazy. An abode that was a little externally small but quite cozy, voices and environs filled with warmth and nostalgia. Their parents ran a mildly successful convenience store, and were thus reasonably well off. Their lives wouldn't have been far out of the ordinary - the education system, then work and marriage under the Center regime. A little changed when their mother passed away due to disease when they were six or seven, but not much; the sisters' father was an enlightened man, easygoing and resilient just as Vanille is, and carried on the task of raising his daughters admirably. As a result, although the loss was harsh, their family was able to persevere through the hardship.

As the saying goes, however, misfortune never comes alone. Only two years and a half after the twins' mother's death, the sector the family made its residence in experienced a particularly chaotic incident caused by violent dissidents. A considerable amount of the buildings and infrastructure in the area was damaged, and quite a few lives were lost amidst the chaos. Vanille and Chocolat's father was seriously injured in the turmoil, sustaining grievous wounds stemming from his unconditional effort to protect his children, and although it took less than half an hour for reinforcements from E-Sec to arrive and restore order, the damage proved to be fatal. The poignancy and bleakness of the situation attracted the attentions of a certain young officer, who managed to have a protracted exchange of words with the dying man, during which guardianship of the girls was verbally entrusted.

In the weeks and months that followed, Vanille and Chocolat were nominally adopted by the Genmetsu household. As the household's sole members consisted of he and his grandfather, Kyo decided to confide in and relegate a part of the care for the girls to two dependable friends of his father, to ensure that there would be no shortage of affection and intimacy in the girls' growth. Although Vanille and Chocolat felt apprehensive and nervous at first, Kyo's generally accommodating nature as well as the kindness that the Kouzeki household exhibited towards them quickly put them at ease. Closer to the present, they've fully embraced their espousal of membership in the Genmetsu family (as well as duties, mostly mage-related, that come with it), but despite their current comfort, they hold a fearsome grudge against the entirety of Hydra to this moment still.

[/spoiler]
Deck: Revamped Charmers. Now with extensive synergy, beating power, monarchical effects, and most importantly flashy Spells which enable BIG PLAYS O'CLOCK.

Ace Card(s): Four Sages, Great Scholar, Twin Stars. Pictures not available yet, please stay tuned. They are slated to be the holders of a Kai card.

Custom Cards: They're here on YCM and in a Google Docs document. Please refer to Google Docs for the most recent revision, correctness-of-text-wise.

[spoiler=Miscellany:]Most of what I wanted to say is under personality's minor tidbits instead, buuuut, Kyo's dad's friend's family:

後関 柏 (kouzeki haku) - dad
雨夜 悠楓 (amaya yuuka) - mom
後関 碧衣 (kouzeki aoi) - daughter, vanille & chocolat's close friend

quick bio: auntie yuuka is a doctor. uncle haku is a florist but moderately skilled in martial arts. both are comfortably middle-class. kouzeki & amaya were very good friends with sousei shigekawa; part of the reason why they're able to live without much interference from society, understandably. aoi is a year older than both vanille and chocolat, and is very gentle and soft-spoken; long-haired, wears glasses, reads books a lot, etc.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

app/cards accepted as per skype convo

In addendum to the above - you /can/ summon monsters into existence but they won't be invisible, and typically won't be ethereal. So.

Something tells me most Spirit monsters and monsters that are designed to be ethereal, such as Magical Ghost, would be a possible exception to the 'not ethereal' bit, but I'm not worried either way...

Yay, Chimari's accepted ^_^

I'll update it with all the custom AoJ's I've been making. Most of them have been pre-approved by Zai via Skype, but there're still a few that need looking over, so I'll start with making them all written. Makes it much easier to edit in case it has to be.

I'd like to review them all again, btw. Notify me when they're all in one place.

Archived