Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What reason is that exactly?

tbh it kinda bothers me you saying that with no explanation...

Well it isn't like really serious cus it is fun but

Basically if you have a good type matchup that's it, regardless of how you well you co ordinated your movesets to make them as efficient against it, its incredibly one sided in theory. I feel it sort of takes a bit away from the fun of it but its probably just me.

Well it isn't like really serious cus it is fun but

Basically if you have a good type matchup that's it, regardless of how you well you co ordinated your movesets to make them as efficient against it, its incredibly one sided in theory. I feel it sort of takes a bit away from the fun of it but its probably just me.

Untrue tbh

For instance, I just watched your battle and, no offense intended to Cosmo, there were several instances where he could've taken out that P-Z (when he had 2 Calm Minds and didn't attack for instance. As well as several Mons that didn't get OHKOed) Not to mention that a SE Dark Pulse is actually weaker than an Adaptability Tri-Attack so it didn't matter about the type matchup. Edit: Oops same power but still same idea

Sorry but I've beaten Fire with Bug, and Ice with Grass. Trust me the matchup doesn't have to matter if you play it right.

Sorry again if I'm ranting but I don't appreciate someone shitting on a thing I am running without making sure the facts are on the table >.>

Well, of course team matchup is important but you can say the same about ORAS OU. That battle's not even a good example, psychic vs normal is a pretty neutral matchup, letting someone set up DD P-Z is just carelessness and would have happened no matter what team he'd used. Sure, if someone's using Mega-Gyarados Rain against mono-ground that's a pretty unlosable matchup but it's still somewhat up in the air. 

Anyway, you guys voted for this, and you chose to play. I dislike monotype for other reasons so I didn't play, but 6 people wanted this to happen so go after them if it's such a problem.

Oh damn I was getting worried Spinda was on a roll...But of course Button would be the one to defeat him....Looks like some tough competition in this.

And yeah that HJK miss really sealed the deal. Was looking to be pretty close one. Since all that Fire coverage Spinda was packing XD

Experimenting makes me wonder if maybe I should sit out the next tournament if I do another one of these, and have people send me their list and make them keep it throughout. See how people try to plan for every type without knowing what they'll be up against XD

http://challonge.com/1760w1ge

Me and Cosmo and Hydreigon and Rai need to battle.

uhh, Nasty plot, Agility, tri Attack, Dark pulse. Maybe cut Nasty plot/Agility for it, sounds like a good idea.

Oh okay so you didn't change it from the other matches. T-Bolt could've been good just for Skarm though if you were worried about it. OHKOs without even needing Nasty Plot.

And yeah Nasty Plot/Agility is scary with P-Z. Though I also like both Specs for pure power and Scarf for surprise.

And alright I'll be in the Lobby, Cosmo. ^^

Edit: GG Cosmo, we shall attempt to groom you into a Pokemon Master :3

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-264311118

Archived