Yooka Laylee (Banjo-Kazooie Spiritual Successor)

Agro

I must say I'm really liking it how they're being incredibly up front about how they intentionally made things "Banjo-Kazooie'ish" on the Kickstarter because they knew you're not getting away with claiming "spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie" unless you immediately prove it's true, and that it's not dominating the final product

Makes me even more hype since it also means the final product is a bit more mysterious since some stuff could be deliberately trying to highlight the Banjo-Kazooie is elements..

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New little uppdate from the Kickstarter

ubJtgDz.gif

I wont lie, I think that's a ridiculously adorable idle animation and boy did I not know how much I missed a style like this. It's not often you see characters nowadays do more then maybe bob back and forth while idle. Just look at the little nuances in everything that's happening here

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good:

I really like the artstyle. It kinda reminds me of Grabbed By the Ghoulies, a personal favorite underrated gem of mine, which was also developed by Rare.

The music's nice, too. Well done, Kirkhope.

The sign has eyes. Yep, this is being developed by former Rare employees, alright.

If there's a vehicle construction gameplay mechanic I will strangle Christopher Seavor and whoever else is developing and designing this myself.

Laylee's double-jump ability seems less like a double jump than Kazooie's was and more like a gliding feature.

THERE'S A DAY AND NIGHT SYSTEM?!

...anyways, I'm really digging the gameplay footage. Shame I most likely won't be able to play it myself.

I really like the artstyle. It kinda reminds me of Grabbed By the Ghoulies, a personal favorite underrated gem of mine, which was also developed by Rare.

The music's nice, too. Well done, Kirkhope.

The sign has eyes. Yep, this is being developed by former Rare employees, alright.

If there's a vehicle construction gameplay mechanic I will strangle Christopher Seavor and whoever else is developing and designing this myself.

Laylee's double-jump ability seems less like a double jump than Kazooie's was and more like a gliding feature.

THERE'S A DAY AND NIGHT SYSTEM?!

...anyways, I'm really digging the gameplay footage. Shame I most likely won't be able to play it myself.

The game world looks super pretty. Its one of the reason I love these kind of games, the use of color.

I backed at the music tier so I could get the soundtrack.

Pretty sure the car joke was a shot at Nuts and Bolts.

Yea, I noticed how far they were able to travel with it too. That makes things a lot more interesting in terms of the kind of platforming they'll expect.

Day/Night is interesting to see. Wonder if its just that stage or if more will have it.

• 1 year later...

It's been an age and a half and I never know if it's better to bump an old thread or to make a new one. The last time we had an update on the game all the discussion was in the E3 thread so this one hasn't actually been posted in for awhile, but we have an awesome new trailer from Gamescom!

The game's coming out in the first quarter of 2017 and I'm super duper excited, still. It looks really awesome.

• 3 months later...

Archived