[RELEASE]Yu-Gi-Oh Card Generator Application

TheProgrammer

RaiZZZ19, pendulums are effect cards. The italic font is only used in normal monster (non-pendulum).

Dragon Sage, to render a single card from a loaded batch:

Select the card you want, go to the editing tab and click "Edit"

or

Double Click the card in the batch list;

Switch back to the Design tab and click Render Card.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's Normal Pendulum and Effect Pendulum.. What are you saying?? You should know that.. A good example would be that Dragonpit Magician posted by IhateFiendishChain on post#145. We all know that Normal Pendulum have Flavor Text. But for me it doesnt view it in italic but it did for Ihatefiendish...Normal Pendulums also uses Italic for Flavor Text.http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Horn_Hunter

First: I shouldn't know that, I'm not an active Yu-gi-oh player. I don't even know how pendulum works.

Second: The card at post #145 is using an older version of TCG Editor. In older versions, you have to select which font to use.

There are features being implemented to allow the use of 'advanced' card descriptions.

That's weird and also I didn't know; so you're a fan and watches yugioh but never played one. Anyway that's how it should be and second also using as #145 post like what he said the pendulum art should have the ability to go only art screen (Bec. there are still no Pendulum full art and we only get the portion of that art from a scanned card) or go beyond the pendulum effect screen (where I hope in the future they will release a full pendulum picture that have that art under the pendulum effect description), before the previous version you can also do that just by click the check box for pendulum. And the color of pendulum effect (green white) description does not match the effect description (The Pendulum effect description is more lighter than the effect description). Also before I mentioned that bullet ●  must be fixed. Had you fixed it? I found a temporary way to view it but I think it's not should be small like that and the font resizing seems to small like what should be in the pic I'll give an example. Black%20Luster%20Soldier%20-%20EOTB72989 This is the one I made from a template that I revised. The card set is just right, its thin and does not stick to the card art border and effect descrition border. In the effect description, the font and the bullet is not too small, not too big. Unlike from the Tcg Editor below.

BLS-EOTB_zps9qist7do.jpg?t=1437041792

Also can you make the Rare and Ultra Rare like this as used by Yugiohcardmaker. And can you make a Super Rare which is a darker version of Rare. And then can you also make a Gray which will be the alternate of Super Rare like the Silver is alternate for Rare and Gold is alternate for Ultra Rare.

Ultra Rare

Cockadoodledoo42338879_zpsl2wqhg96.jpg

Rare

CardCar%20D45812361_zpszsy8w9vk.jpg?t=14

Super Rare

???

The card set font size and being bold is ideal only for Pendulums but not for non- Pendulums. Actually it is ideal for the card set to be not bold and smaller than what we had now coz looking at the card set on these pendulum cards are smaller and non-bold. So if you would please just adjust it for non-Pendulums. And also there are 2 kinds of pendulum description (or maybe 3) that affects the allowed size for the art. There is the normal one and that is already available in tcgeditorOddEyesPendulumDragon-DUEA-JP-UR_zpsi0si, the other is the pendulum description space is much smaller that the pendulum scale numbers are almost touching their border giving more space for the art (as you can see the hips of Odd-Eyes here is showing more than the other pic.) OddEyesPendulumDragon-JP-Anime-AV_zpsiyl

And if you could add the ability to choose a template series it would be more awesome. I prefer using series 8.

NOTE: add template not change so it can be swappable.

The card set text isn't bold at all, it's font size is giving you the impression of being bold. I'll revise it and make changes if appropriate.

The dynamic height of pendulum effect description is already on my to-do list.

It's the second time you suggest for a card layout change.

I'll not change the cards' layout.

Can you point where in my posts that I want to change the series frames. From what I remember I requested to add as an alternate to choose anytime between two series frames and no where did I mention that I want it to be changed. It's not changing but adding like having two kinds of of clothes so you can swap if you're bored with the other one. There's a difference between adding and changing. I just thought you might have a change of heart. But if it really can't be then I'm fine with it.

You even add a Laugh attribute which is a custom attribute and not really used in yugioh but you won't accept my request for a swappable series (8 & 9) layout that is real and used in yugioh. I can't see why you're so against with it. Can you then tell me the reason why you add Laugh Attribute?

I added the Laugh attribute for completeness (same reason for the fusion pendulum, synchro pendulum, etc.).

I don't want to maintain different layouts with minor changes between them.

I can agree with Fusion Pendulum, Synchro Pendulum, etc. because individually they are real but for laugh attribute, I don't think so..And having different layout is just the same as that so it's like a face-palm on yourself..So I stand on my point..and for me it's not a minor thing..as you can see the difference in the layout..if that is what you called minor then what is the point on giving it a series number to differentiate it. But beggars can't be choosers..oh well if I'm just a programmer but I'm not. What I wanted it to be somehow like is how MSE works where you can change layouts without having to stick with one option. And I wanna know what will happen when there's a new layout style implemented..will you change the current one or you will not. Coz my idea seems ok with having layout swapping. Or why not have a separate download (only layouts) where you can have attachments like this (overwriting what layout you don't like with the one you download separately). Just a suggestion and don't sweat over it.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a great program. I use MSE too and I need to get used to this one, but overall my impressions are very positive. There are, unfortunately, three things that don't quite fit to my taste.

1. No God Card or Legendary Dragon templates.

2. The text description for Spell and Trap Cards is too big, unless there is a way to increase/decrease font size which I can't find.

3. Some text descriptions in real cards like "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" are narrowed to allow more text to fit on one line. So far, I haven't found the option to do this in this program.

Oh, well. This is just one amateur's criticisms. Keep at it, and I'll patiently wait. If I can. Patience is one of my weakest points, but that's just me.

I think he has the program coded to automatically size the text, depending on how big of an effect you make for it (which is kind of similar to what ours does).

Although yes, it would be nice if the text formatted to fit all the way to the end of the box, as opposed to squishing the text in certain cases.

As for the God card and Legendary Dragon thing, I suppose he didn't see them as necessary, given the legal/playable forms of the Gods and Legendary Dragons were made as regular Effect Monsters/Spells, respectively.

--------

I'm sure TheProgrammer can look at the issues regarding 2 and 3, and see if he can do something about it.

If it cannot be done, then it's no big deal. (I understand coding things can be tedious)

In terms of the layout, Series 9 put the edition stuff at the bottom as to be uniform with Pendulums (would look awkward if only Pendulums had their editions at the bottom, and other cards retained their Series 8 locations). But it's not a big deal, considered some opt not to use the Edition thing anyway.

I think he has the program coded to automatically size the text, depending on how big of an effect you make for it (which is kind of similar to what ours does).

Although yes, it would be nice if the text formatted to fit all the way to the end of the box, as opposed to squishing the text in certain cases.

As for the God card and Legendary Dragon thing, I suppose he didn't see them as necessary, given the legal/playable forms of the Gods and Legendary Dragons were made as regular Effect Monsters/Spells, respectively.

--------

I'm sure TheProgrammer can look at the issues regarding 2 and 3, and see if he can do something about it.

If it cannot be done, then it's no big deal. (I understand coding things can be tedious)

In terms of the layout, Series 9 put the edition stuff at the bottom as to be uniform with Pendulums (would look awkward if only Pendulums had their editions at the bottom, and other cards retained their Series 8 locations). But it's not a big deal, considered some opt not to use the Edition thing anyway.

Thanks. Really, the main reason why I suggested the God Card template was because if I wanted to make a God Card with its anime effects, it would take ages to list them all and the text might be too small to read since there are so many effects. I'm not too concerned about the Legendary Dragons, but MSE has the Legendary Dragons template and it would be nice to see it here too.

As for the text thing, I copied the "Dark Hole" card as a test sample in this program and the text description font size was noticeably larger than the font size on the real card, and "Dark Hole's" text description isn't that long. The text description does indeed get smaller if one was to add text that couldn't fit in the box at its default size, which is good. The narrow text thing isn't too huge a deal. It would, however, be nice to allow unitalicized text in a Normal Monster description, like "Summoned Skull's" recent "This card is always treated as an "Archfiend" card" text.

Oh, well. I'm probably putting too much strain on the creator. He can and should take as much time as he would like with these things. Better late than never, as they say.

2. The text description for Spell and Trap Cards is too big, unless there is a way to increase/decrease font size which I can't find.

3. Some text descriptions in real cards like "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" are narrowed to allow more text to fit on one line. So far, I haven't found the option to do this in this program.

2: I'll revise those, but I do remember having card descriptions very similar to the originals and some others not.

Currently you can't change font sizes manually.

3: I'm aware of such situation. There's possible solution for that, but it's untested and will slow down the rendering.

Would you take custom frames?

Additional card backgrounds? Then no.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, TCGEditor was intended for Windows users looking at the system requirements. Though, if you could get the program to actually load, then you should be able to add the picture too. 

(Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac so can't really help you figure out what the problem is regarding the pic)

TheProgrammer hasn't been on since the end of August, so chances are that he won't look at this thread again anytime in the near future. Have you asked him on the support site?

(Then agan, there's a few small things that could be fixed, but otherwise, the program is still nice.)

• 1 month later...

Whatever happened to this? Is it dead? No more updates?

He had to write a lot of the program here from scratch, so it will take some time for him to make changes that people would like him to make. (I asked him about some stuff the other day on the official site, and that's what he said).

There will likely be some updates, but not for a while; depending on the complexity of the other things. (TBH, I only suggested a font change to make it more realistic and ability to add custom copyright as opposed to using Kazuki's name)

Archived