[RELEASE]Yu-Gi-Oh Card Generator Application

TheProgrammer

I like the new TCG Editor, but something is missing. There's no color rarity for Rare and Secret Rare for the name header, except Black, White, Gold and Ultra Rare. Also for the next version, JPG images should be supported for import and export, because I use them for YGOPRO.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High-res images are all good and all, but would it be possible to include an option to downsize the output so it can fit into this forum's posts better?

I think I found a pretty roundabout way of doing that just today. 

Assuming you have MS Paint, try this:

1. Right click the image
  2. Select "Copy"
  3. Open MS Paint
  4. Paste the image
  5. Save 
  6. Upload to imgur
  7. Post it here

So far, for me, it works pretty well in terms of size.

Chivalry

That's not the recommended way.
You are simply copying the internal bitmap, the dimensions of this bitmap will be different if you change the program's window size.
Starting from the next version, this functionality is no longer present.

I noticed a lot of requests to allow downsize of the final output, so I'll think about something.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks The Programmer. I worked out a way of doing different Pendulum Scales by using layers on Paint.net. I will explain here for anyone else who wants to do that:

1) Design your Pendulum monster that you want to have different Pendulum Scales, but make its Pendulum Scale (singular) equal to one of the planned Pend Scales.
2) Render that Pendulum monster and save it as an image.
3) Edit the Pendulum monster to have the other Pend Scale.
4) Render it again and save it as an image.
5) Now that you have 2 slightly different images of your Pendulum monster, open 1 of the images with Paint.net, Gimp, or any other image editing program that supports different layers and transparency.
6) Create a new layer with one image on top of the other image.
7) While editing the front-most layer, drag a select box around the Pend Scale that you want to be different from what you can see.
8) Delete the selection, revealing the Pend Scale of the other image behind it.

I made this card using this method.
[spoiler='Example']aGoEVSt.jpg[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

It should be working, Nai

I mentioned the download page thing to him earlier, and he fixed it this afternoon.

(At the moment, I can't get on either)

From what I remember off the top of my head, the WIND Attribute is fixed a bit; it auto-renders the card while making (so you don't have to auto generate), no more installing fonts and maybe some other things. (It's also a smaller file while comparing things.)

That, and the scales can be individually set now. And I think more name rarity choices.

------------

I suppose I can take the time now to ask if adding the possibility of a custom copyright would be possible.

There are some of us who choose not to use the default 1996 KAZUKI TAKAHASHI thing.

That, and the edition stuff (1st / LIMITED); although this one isn't really important.

• 3 weeks later...

I have found quite a bad glitch with your program. If I edit a batch, then click the cross in the top right corner to close the program, it asks me "The current batch was modified, do you wish to save it before closing?" If I click "Yes" it doesn't save and closes the program. However, it still saves if I click the button in the top left corner and click "Save Batch".

I tried clicking "No" on the "do you wish to save it before closing" question, in case there was an error in the wording of the question, but it still didn't save.

This would be extremely annoying to someone who had put a lot of time into their cards, although fortunately for me I hadn't done very much.

Archived