[RELEASE]Yu-Gi-Oh Card Generator Application

TheProgrammer

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still shows up as the default Arial font. I'm pretty sure I copy/pasted the given fonts into my Fonts file, so how is it supposed to automatically use those fonts?

Right clicking for me gave an install option and automatically used them afterwards.

Could the option be given to render smaller pictures? Makes it better for posting on YCM.

Hmmm, couldn't you upload them to Imgur and the like to resize or something? I use Fotor a lot.

Sorry if I seem a bit silly as I have not tried the application yet. (PC is really not feeling well at the moment :P)

Could the option be given to render smaller pictures? Makes it better for posting on YCM.

Hmmm, couldn't you upload them to Imgur and the like to resize or something? I use Fotor a lot.

Sorry if I seem a bit silly as I have not tried the application yet. (PC is really not feeling well at the moment :P)

Like I said earlier in the thread, just use Imgur/Paint/whatever to resize it to 400 by X. Autoresize for the latter.

Decided to download the Application in the end and all I can say is wow.....

YCM's Card Maker is dead. It still has the advantage of supporting .jpg but other then that? Pendulum Support in the TCG Editor is polished and overall its a really nice and easy to use interface.

If there was a .jpg support included though, it would be perfect. For now I have to go to Fotor to change the Image Type and having it all supported in the program would be a Godsend. Thanks for the App. Its great.

Like I said earlier in the thread, just use Imgur/Paint/whatever to resize it to 400 by X. Autoresize for the latter.

It's still a convenient feature that would be nice to have. I'm just suggesting, that's all. It makes it nice especially for Archetypes when you're creating a batch of cards all at once.

Great card maker and I love making some Pendulum monsters so I figured I'd share my first ever one with all of you and it's an update to an oldie but a goodie with Spellcaster support!

Also oh man! The possiblites! Dark/Synchro Pendulums, XYZs, etc. I love it!

https://i.imgur.com/zbyXjif.jpg

Also I'm trying to make a Pendulum version of Stardust Dragon but I can't fit Dragon/Synchro/Pendulum/Effect without it going off. Any tips to resize it?

I don't have access to a mac, so try these fonts (I'm assuming it's a font issue...):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1zabl8k2n5qw4al/fonts.zip

and I forgot to ask:

does the rendering halt only when you select an artwork image?

Everything else loads perfectly. It's just when I try to get in a title.

Thanks for the help anyway.

EDIT: The problem seems to be that whatever fonts actually used this way is too big to load larger titles.

This is nice for offline users but the font used is not that of yugioh (the letters should be all capital-like and the starting letter is bigger), the ending bracket for monster type+subtype is off, card text for normal monsters is not italic, and can you add a creator and date, and if you right-click on an existing subtype can you change that to edit and do what edit is supposed to be rather than add again.

This is nice for offline users but the font used is not that of yugioh (the letters should be all capital-like and the starting letter is bigger), the ending bracket for monster type+subtype is off, card text for normal monsters is not italic, and can you add a creator and date, and if you right-click on an existing subtype can you change that to edit and do what edit is supposed to be rather than add again.

All of the problems you listed are either due to not installing the fonts and not switching the text from normal monster to effect monster, except the last thing.

All of the problems you listed are either due to not installing the fonts and not switching the text from normal monster to effect monster, except the last thing.

Really?? You sure? coz I have my custom template which is different and have those fonts installed or do I have to put it in the fonts folder on its file location?

Ok I just installed everything in the fonts folder that is included and your right. But yeah it needs the edit on the subtype if there's an existing one. And can you add a Rare Title style which is the engraved silver version of Ultra Rare. So I see that the italic for card description for normal is not auto if you change the frame from normal to effect or effect to normal and you just separate it. Can you not make it auto? And what is the Laugh attribute used for?

I forgot.. can you also add the Obelisk, Ra, Slifer frames.

I know it can be saved as jpg or png or any pic file type but the thing is they change in dimesions and cannot be opened and edited in photoshop. If I open the card in jpg [dimension 338x493] it says "invalid jpeg marker type is found. If I open the card in png [dimesion 356x519] it says "file format module cannot parse the file. And bmp with [dimension 307x505] which is the only editable in photoshop. Can you make the dimensions for all this file type the same and like the ones used here in ycm [419x610]. TY!

Ok I just installed everything in the fonts folder that is included and your right. But yeah it needs the edit on the subtype if there's an existing one. And can you add a Rare Title style which is the engraved silver version of Ultra Rare. So I see that the italic for card description for normal is not auto if you change the frame from normal to effect or effect to normal and you just separate it. Can you not make it auto? And what is the Laugh attribute used for?

I forgot.. can you also add the Obelisk, Ra, Slifer frames.

-----

I know it can be saved as jpg or png or any pic file type but the thing is they change in dimesions and cannot be opened and edited in photoshop. If I open the card in jpg [dimension 338x493] it says "invalid jpeg marker type is found. If I open the card in png [dimesion 356x519] it says "file format module cannot parse the file. And bmp with [dimension 307x505] which is the only editable in photoshop. Can you make the dimensions for all this file type the same and like the ones used here in ycm [419x610]. TY!

The supported image file formats of TCG Editor v1.0.0.1 (and older) are .BMP and .PNG only.

The output dimensions are  813px wide and 1185px tall, to render the card using such size you have to click on "Render To File" button;

You are probably right-clicking the preview->Save As, which saves to .BMP only.

And photoshop expects the contents of an image file to match their extension.

I'm changing the user interface a bit, the Sub-Type box is one of them.

Obelisk, Ra and Slifer are unique cards, if you are creating really unique cards then I suggest to use the .PSD templates available.

More Title styles are coming.

Before I install the font's included in the download, this symbol has no problem viewing in the card preview --> ● but after I installed the fonts it is now not viewing anymore like the problem YCM had but in this program it still appears to be there which can also be the case of YCM. If you include a unique symbol (not the ones found in the keyboard) right next to it and preview it, it will appear but will disappear again if you remove the next symbol.

DZCf9kh.jpg

Good Job on previewing CARD ARTS in Pendulums. They stay true to the real cards were the bottom of the art is still showing underneath the Pendulum Description, Mainly the Card Arts for Pendulums used in the TFS. But I would like to suggest a force fit incase a new card is released which don't yet have those semi-full arts. Like what we do with real cards. Taking out the art from a scan and making the proxy coz in pendulums you can't take the part that is under that Pendulum description.

8d6N7MV.jpg?1

And can you add a "Check for Update" in the program where it downloads and asks you if you want to install right-away so if you say no you can install it later. This would be good if somehow you can't access the webpage.

So I found in about tab your using Celticguards template and YCM is using Zextra's Template which I find more soothing to me. I hope there's nothing hindering you if you can add Zextra's along with Celticguard's as an option for changing styles. They're difference are Normal background by Zextra is yellowish which I prefer compared to Celt's Brownish and the Fusion and Ritual background of Zextra is more beautiful.

guOUl3E.jpg

And finally.. If you can pls put an option to save as Jpeg/jpg coz JPG gives much lower file size than PNG.

Make sure you install all the supplied fonts, those are modified fonts.

I couldn't reproduce the problem you described, I used Bullets (•) and they rendered fine.

You are doing the Sub-Types wrong, it should be One Type per Line;

Add "Warrior", then add "Effect". You should see two lines.

Card Backgrounds will remain as is.

JPEG support (Loading and Saving) is confirmed in the next version.

I do made sure every supplied font are installed and did not miss anything. So I assumed your talking about this (•) which is fine and viewing but I'm talking about this (●) which is bigger and used in the actual card. Which in YCM is not showing too. Any way how can I get this to work or does my windows version affects this?

Sub-type gui are a bit non-userfriendly and does not highlight that line too if you right click.

Whats the reason you can't include Zextra's Style, sure you can give a reason than just "remain as is". Sorry if this comes rude. I did not say replace Celticguards Background, what I did say is add Zextra's background so I can choose from the two. It would be bad on my part to have my already made cards from YCM to mesh with different backrounds like having two distinct on it's own versions of Normal Backgrounds.

And how about the Check for Update?

Archived