Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went and got Carnivine quickly, it's a timed stage. And it let me use 4 items fresh of charge. So it was uber easy capturing it.

I beat in about 10 seconds. I wonder how hard the stage would be without all the power ups. Though them being free makes it unlikely most people will try it that way.

Hmm...and apparently, next week with be a M-Sharpedo Challenge.

I can't say I'm super shocked. We got the Mega contest for the other Safari pokemon the week after so they are going back to make up for not doing that with Sharpedo. I have like 45K gold after grinding for coins, but hopefully I won't need to spend TOO many. I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop a fair bit on the stupid safari pokes since they were a pain to get the first time round.

I did the stage without items (because I instinctively don't use items for my first attempt of a stage, overlooking the fact it cost nothing). It wasn't hard.

The Poke Safari this time around is a repeat of the first ones. If you got all of them back then, you don't need to do it again.

Here's something cute: The top scorer in Europe made over 100k points, with a team of Pikachu (in the Mega Slot), Togekiss, Xerneas, and Azumarill. I think they wanted to avoid the board altering effects of a mega, combined with the Pixie Power of Togekiss. I was just interested by how they had used a Pikachu, of all things for that.

I went and used power ups too and got a little under 37K. In the top 2100 now so I MIGHT get the Mega Speedup. Not going to try for it like last time though. Still bitter about missing it by 75 people.

Also, I knew Ampharos was good level grinding, but I had no idea how good. ATM pretty much all the pokemon I care about are at least level 6 with 3 maxed out.

I went and used power ups too and got a little under 37K. In the top 2100 now so I MIGHT get the Mega Speedup. Not going to try for it like last time though. Still bitter about missing it by 75 people.

Also, I knew Ampharos was good level grinding, but I had no idea how good. ATM pretty much all the pokemon I care about are at least level 6 with 3 maxed out.

Oh yeah, because Ampharos gives 50 Exp. And the crowned Poke gets an extra 50% (or is it 2x?), so 75/100?. I know there's a leveling formula for how much Exp is needed, but I don't remember the details, other than "number of moves allowed in stage = base Exp yield". If you lose, you get Exp based on how much HP the Pokemon had left x the base yield. (so if you took out 90% of its HP  = 0.90 x yield)

I don't use Ampharos for grinding because I dont remember offhand how quickly the stage can be beaten, and I don't like spending a lot of time on stages when I'm grinding.

Oh yeah, because Ampharos gives 50 Exp. And the crowned Poke gets an extra 50% (or is it 2x?), so 75/100?. I know there's a leveling formula for how much Exp is needed, but I don't remember the details, other than "number of moves allowed in stage = base Exp yield". If you lose, you get Exp based on how much HP the Pokemon had left x the base yield. (so if you took out 90% of its HP  = 0.90 x yield)

I don't use Ampharos for grinding because I dont remember offhand how quickly the stage can be beaten, and I don't like spending a lot of time on stages when I'm grinding.

Thats reason I haven't been level grinding. The best stages to do it on take a while. I've gotten it down to about 3 minutes but its still a lot more time consuming than grinding for coins which has been how I've leveled a lot of my pokemon. I only started doing levels because I had over 60K gold and didn't want any more so I decided to just listen to music and fight Ampharos a bunch.

Just picked up Diancie and Regirock. Diancie has Barrier Bash+, and is power 70. Now, I think I'm now only missing Mew, Keldeo, Celebi, and Pinsir. I'm also missing the Banettite.

Also ranked top #1699, so I got meself a Sharpedoite and a Mega Speedup.

I'm missing the same things minus Celebi. I figure Pinsir will show up again if they ever release his Megastone, though Mew and Keldeo might take a while to return.

Lucky. I finished in the just outside top 5000 so I didn't get anything. Happy I didn't waste any extra gold though since spending another 13500 (i think thats the cost for all the power-ups on the stage) could have still ended with me coming up short. It is frustrating that like 2000 people passed me on the last day so its really hard to get a feel where your going to end off at.

MASSIVE update to come at the end of the week.

First is Registeel, something we knew about.

New is a new Mega Event. Charizard Y. HYPE!!!!

Next is new stages.

Lastly, the return of Mew. 

Perfect timing too since I have over 70K gold and all relevant pokemon are now at level 6 or higher so I was running out of things to do.

Registeel is a PAIN. Going to need to blow some money on him, but could be worse I suppose. I am swimming in it atm.

FFS! Twice I've had more than a 50% chance to catch Mew, and the little jabroni ran off. By the same logic the 48% chance should have caught the little sheet, but nooooooo.

I got it on second attempt. Both were 51%. Gotta love odds. So yea, with Mew I only have 2 more pokemon and 1 more stone left before I have everything available in the game.

Not surprised Registeel was a pain. I remember Regirock required me to use Attack Power just to have a CHANCE to beat him. So I used an M-Start and Attack Power, crushed Registeel, and caught it with Great Ball.

M-Charizard Y, huh? Interesting. As usual, I'll wait until near the end of the event, pump money into it, and get the M-Stone. My no-items run got me a little over 11K, and I just know that won't be enough later on.

Whee, new stages!

Archived