Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

Finally got M-Aero, and my GOD is it an amazing Mega. Erasing 10 block-based disruptions is freaking amazing, and each of them just adding on to damage is the cherry on top.

I've also developed a name for the multiple disruptions used by the likes of Quilladin and Milotic. The Hissy Fit attack.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They seem to be doing the M-Manectric rewards differently. It's the top 40K (for North America) get Manectrite, the top 20K also get a Mega Speedup, and the top 6K get another Mega Speedup, or something like that. Everyone else gets a jewel.

I quite like that they are giving more rewards for the higher places. Makes 1st and 40,000th not the same thing.

Indeed, though, I hope M-Manectric has a decent ability, considering we already have M-Ampharos as an Electric Mega. And I just snagged Yveltal, so I've now got all my currently unlocked Expert level mons.

This is what Serebii has for its ability

"A vertical lightning strike erases a jagged line of Pokémon."

vs. Ampharos

"A random lightning strike erases a jagged line of Pokémon."

Seems like you trade predictability for power.

Anyway, I got sick of it so I'm just using -1 complexity to get the last few S ranks. Down to Conkeldurr now and should have enough gold to get that some time tomorrow. After that I work on Gren and save gold to get Genesect since even with -1 complexity I'm not sure if I can win.

I used a Complexity -1, Mega Start with Mega Aero, and a +5 moves that turned out to be unnecessary to S Rank Conkeldurr, opening up Greninja.

Followed your lead and got the S rank. Back to grinding for coins to get the last two expert Pokemon.

Also happy that I should be able to get M-Manectric without wasting any coins. Have a bit under 30K worth of give before I'd fall out of placing for the stone.

Sad screw it and used up my remaining gold on catch Gren. Got really lucky since the first time I did a dumb that cost my catching winning and cost a mega start and the second time I went in with a mega start I realized I didn't have enough to try a great ball when I won. Sometimes 16% is all you need to succeed. Now to really grind coins and catch Genesect. Thats going to be a fun one.

Glad I was grinding coins this week. I had to use 3 Great Balls to catch Jirachi (worthwhile because I HATE once-a-day opportunities).

I've managed to beat Greninja, but I'm hoping Super Capture will trigger because 1% chance isn't going to cut it, since I beat it with less than 10 seconds left using M-Start and +10 secs. Still need Genesect (and Greninja, of course).

Caught Tepig and Wynaut. Eager to see what the new stages are.

Welp, we've got out next week's stuff. Jirachi is now on the field, and he's a bit of a pushover. I snagged him with a Mega Start and Disruption Delay with M-Blastoise. He's only nice for his 70 power, as his ability his Mega Boost+.

Mega Boost+ sounds really good.

Also I love how RIGHT when I 100% everything (IE catch all pokemon) the next batch of stages came out. IT NEVER ENDS!!!!

Mega Boost+ sounds really good.

Also I love how RIGHT when I 100% everything (IE catch all pokemon) the next batch of stages came out. IT NEVER ENDS!!!!

It would be really good. But Jirachi is Steel. So it currently only works with M-Mawile and nothing else. What other Steels can M-Evolve? Aggron and Steelix, but their Megas are not in yet. (And Metagross, but that's not in, either)

It would be really good. But Jirachi is Steel. So it currently only works with M-Mawile and nothing else. What other Steels can M-Evolve? Aggron and Steelix, but their Megas are not in yet. (And Metagross, but that's not in, either)

We actually have Steelix at least so he could get a Mega Event or as the area boss at some point. Speaking of, we know Mega Hera is next.

Anyway, didn't know Jirachi was once a day. X_X

I am LOVING M-Manectric. I think it's way better than M-Ampharos. Hitting Streak is a solid normal ability (better than Dancing Dragons), and its lightning bolts when Mega seem really consistent while still retaining the same value to what they do as M-Ampharos.

Also, I love that Salamence is Flying, rather than Dragon, considering Dragon Pokemon in Shuffle have really meh usability, since they're only super-effective against Dragon, whereas Flying works against Bug and Grass, and Salamence has base 80 power with Hitting Streak.

Very happy that this batch of stages was so easy to S rank. Only need more than +5 moves on 3 of them. Still need to do Salamence's stage, but I'm going to grind for money then go for it this way I'll have good odds of catching Sal as well as get the S rank in a single go. The to train up a bunch of these new Pokemon, since we got a lot of good ones.

I think Excadrill will be the hardest one of the batch to S Rank (not counting M-Heracross), it's also the only one of the batch I didn't catch yet, but less because it's hard and more that I spent too many coins with Jirachi and such that I'm going back to coin grinding for a bit.

I think Excadrill will be the hardest one of the batch to S Rank (not counting M-Heracross), it's also the only one of the batch I didn't catch yet, but less because it's hard and more that I spent too many coins with Jirachi and such that I'm going back to coin grinding for a bit.

Excadill was annoying. Took a +5 moves, Disruption Delay, and Mega Start for me to get it, and I even failed on my first try by a move. Though while I was still trying to catch it normally I was able to win with enough moves left that had I had a +5 moves I would have gotten a S rank, so I guess its doable like that, you just need an INSANE amount of luck.

*spittake* There's an ARCEUS Stage now?

It's a tough stage, but using Attack Power+ (3000 coins) let me beat it with 12 moves to spare, and a 27% rate. (Without the Attack Power item, I failed to beat it at all).

It's a base 90 Normal (the only base 90 yet), with the ability Double Normal, which boosts Normal type combos. Sadly, Arceus being a Normal Type makes it underwhelming by default of being super effective against NOTHING. Even a base 90 isn't going to mean much when a base 50 super effective does more damage, but it does have that ability...

Yea, normal types are just REALLY useless. I mean, I'd like to make use of it, but it just feels incorrect to use it over something that can get 2x damage.

Will work on the stage later. ATM grinding coins to S rank M Hera (which for some reason I thought hadn't been added yet). Since I failed when using Mega Start + 5 moves I'm likely going to need to use a -1 complexity. 

But at the same time, I guess that is more or less what you'd expect from Arceus. It's incredibly powerful (base 90) but incredibly bland (Normal), which extra punch (Double Normal). But without the games' Multi-Type ability to become a different Type, Arceus is just overglorified. The real reason Arceus is amazing in game is because of Multi-Type giving it flexibility behind its massive 120 across the board stats.

O yea, agree that this was the best way to do Arceus. Just sucks that due to the structure of the game that he can't be very good. 

Most of the legendaries and other events seem to go this route. They're all pretty solid, just outclassed most of the time, which their abilities usually being mediocre to compensate for their above average power. Or they just have Types that are ridiculously outclassed by other things. Or abilities that just suck. Which is good, because they're event exclusives that may take months to cycle back in.

Genesect is currently the only Pokemon I have left to catch, but I haven't gotten that close to even BEATING the thing yet. And what makes it really sad is that Genesect is legitimately good. Base 80 bug with Crowd Control = awesomeness. It's like a stronger Heracross.

Archived