Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

Just caught Cresselia at 15%. The funny part is, I didn't even notice I caught it. After beating stages, I'd throw the Pokeball, then click "No" for the Great Ball. I was distracted for a moment, so I didn't even realize the Great Ball prompt never came up, until it displayed Cresselia's power and ability.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, because one of my friends said that the game is pay to win (specifically in regards to the Mega Stone contests) I am now refusing to use and power ups unless I have no other choice. ATM am at a bit of 15K in score and a bit under top 10K in ranking. I think this should carry me through, but I'm going to keep checking.

Also, its weird being "done" with the game. Like, not only have I caught everything that I can I also am sitting on 40K gold so I don't even need to grinding for money anymore. Waiting game isn't a very fun game.

So, because one of my friends said that the game is pay to win (specifically in regards to the Mega Stone contests) I am now refusing to use and power ups unless I have no other choice. ATM am at a bit of 15K in score and a bit under top 10K in ranking. I think this should carry me through, but I'm going to keep checking.

Also, its weird being "done" with the game. Like, not only have I caught everything that I can I also am sitting on 40K gold so I don't even need to grinding for money anymore. Waiting game isn't a very fun game.

That's true. It is a weird feeling, but considering I often just did a few quick coin grinding stages every few hours when I was working towards S Ranks, it's not TOO much of a change.

I have no such problem with using power-ups. I'm not going to throw a huge amount of coins at the Mega Stone stages just for the Mega Speedup at getting in the top 6000, but I'm not going to let myself not get the Mega Stone at least.

Also, from the looks of the top rankings, someone used a team using Arceus, Snorlax, and Lickilicky (and M-Gengar) to get top score. This makes a lot of sense, actually. Double Normal counts for the whole chain, and people who are REALLY good with timed stages are making a huge number of combos per chain. Trigger Double Normal and all your Normals are dealing like double damage.

It's more than double damage with Arceus' ability isn't it? Either way, I found that pretty clever as well. But really, it's not as pay to win in competitions as it is that the further you are the more advantage you have. I mean, if the only Mega you have is M-Audino you're clearly not going to do as well as people with say, M-Lucario or M-Blastoise. The Power-Ups are really only half the advantage compared to how everyone with Groudon had an advantage over those who don't in the M-Manectric competition.

EDIT: It appears that Kyogre is now back in circulation, and I made ample haste to make sure he was mine.

Can I just stay:

F*** Milotic

This piece of sheet is the worst. 90% of the screen is filled with frozen Feebas, and there's almost no way to get rid of them.

So, I decided to use a Complexity -1.

Don't.

9000 coins. I wasted 9000 bloody coins. You'd think the Complexity -1 would at least take away the ice blocks, or the Feebas. But it does neither. It just gets rid of one of your Pokemon, like usual. It is so f***ing dumb. I didn't even win the level,

And I wasted 9000 coins.

Mega Start is the best way to beat the stage if your looking for an S rank. Just using Feebas is enough to beat it though.

Anyway, Kyogre kind of sucks don't it. 70 power and its ability is worse than Manaphy's and Milotic's.

Kyogre's awesome. I got mine early game (for me), and I still use it to this day. Its ability is inferior to Manaphy and Milotic, but it hits harder. But yes, if you're only just now getting Kyogre, it probably seems a bit underwhelming since we've been spoiled with all these base 80 legendaries and other great Water-Types with nice abilities. Just keep in mind it's been around for a long time.

Kyogre's awesome. I got mine early game (for me), and I still use it to this day. Its ability is inferior to Manaphy and Milotic, but it hits harder. But yes, if you're only just now getting Kyogre, it probably seems a bit underwhelming since we've been spoiled with all these base 80 legendaries and other great Water-Types with nice abilities. Just keep in mind it's been around for a long time.

True it is old. I don't mind so much when "normal" legendaries have 70 power, but I've come to expect the mascot ones to have 80 so my expectation was just off from the get go.

It is nice that the earlier you get certain pokemon the larger the advantage they'll have over newer ones since even if they have a better ability the older one would have been used for a while and would be at a decently high level.

Double post but, I succeeded in staying in the top 4000 for Europe, and thus snagged the Blazikenite and a Mega Speedup, so I'm happy.

Also, I've been training Arceus with the Meowth stage, and I have been severely underestimating him. At level 1, with a link of 4 and his ability activating he did 254 damage. Now I see why using 2 other normals with him worked so well in timed, since the damage buff off of Double Normal is pretty insane.

I also got the M-Speedup and Blazekinite, though I couldn't redeem them until today because there evidently was a bug yesterday if you Checked In within the first ten minutes, you didn't get the stuff. And since you can only check in once a day...no matter.

Lately, I've been grinding exp for some Pokes, particularly Milotic and Manaphy, so that they'll pack enough punch that Optimize will notice them.

I've decided to faff around with Cresselia, to get to 50 and get another Speedup. Level 35 was a coin stage, which was nice.

Oh right, that had been hilarious to me, because I was utterly bewildered by it. It came out of nowhere, and then afterwards, it never happened again.

Archived