Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the legendaries and other events seem to go this route. They're all pretty solid, just outclassed most of the time, which their abilities usually being mediocre to compensate for their above average power. Or they just have Types that are ridiculously outclassed by other things. Or abilities that just suck. Which is good, because they're event exclusives that may take months to cycle back in.

Genesect is currently the only Pokemon I have left to catch, but I haven't gotten that close to even BEATING the thing yet. And what makes it really sad is that Genesect is legitimately good. Base 80 bug with Crowd Control = awesomeness. It's like a stronger Heracross.

Most the recent legendaries have been decent. Base 70 + good ability is all I ask for and most have that.

Yea, I threw ALL the powers at him to get and even that wasn't particularly easy. Cost 14500 but it was worth it.

I just snagged Arceus. I threw a Disruption Delay, Mega Start, and a Attack Power Up at him, and got a Super Catch Chance. Snagged him on a 95% chance. Nice collector item, but that's about it. He's pretty much like the Pokemon of the Day really.

And this is why I'm waiting on getting my money back up.

I've been grinding money for the past 2 days, so I decided to spent some on Arceus. I'm actually grinding cash to take on Mewtwo again.

Mewtwo is a pain. I think one of the major factors that got me the win was Giratina. Thing is SUPER good and Power of 4+ is an excellent ability.

Anyway, caught god. Use Disruption Delay + Attack Power Up and finished with like 20 moves left. Failed on both the 41% and 82% which was tilting since I ended up causing me to waste an extra 2500 for a second great ball.

Do you know what it cost me to catch Genesect?!

I used your idea of buying all the items. That alone cost me 13300. Finished the stage with 26 seconds (10 won't count for catch rate). Had a catch rate of 26%. Fails normal capture. Super Capture does NOT trigger. Pay 2500 for a 52% Great Ball.

Fails. Pay another 2500. FAILS. Pay another 2500. This one sticks. I had enough for ONE more try if that failed.

It cost me a little over 20k coins to get that evil thing.

...totally worth it.

Do you know what it cost me to catch Genesect?!

I used your idea of buying all the items. That alone cost me 13300. Finished the stage with 26 seconds (10 won't count for catch rate). Had a catch rate of 26%. Fails normal capture. Super Capture does NOT trigger. Pay 2500 for a 52% Great Ball.

Fails. Pay another 2500. FAILS. Pay another 2500. This one sticks. I had enough for ONE more try if that failed.

It cost me a little over 20k coins to get that evil thing.

...totally worth it.

That sucks. I think I had similar odds to you when I got it so I'll take getting lucky when it mattered most. Sweet that you got it. Thing is a monster.

I think I got lucky with Xerneas, and got it on a 22% chance, so no need for Complexity -1. However, it appears the M-Lucario event is making its THIRD debut now, and I'm going to get that darn Mega Stone this time round.

EDIT: With M-Lucario revealed now, I took him on this time round with all the item shop could muster. I beat him with a score of 47003, which put me at #27. I think I'm good for the Lucarionite.

Man, I've seen a lot of shameless boards, but Avalugg really takes the cake as a shameless heart/gold waster.

I don't remember having a ton of trouble with Avalugg. Though that might have been due to Mega Lucario. Actually, if my memory of the stage is correct its 100% due to him.

And I have about 24K in coins. Used 2500 to catch the Wobbuffet. Will probably spend some time with the Cresslia stage, if it's anything like the Giratina one, it'll be more time-consuming than difficult, and I have access to stuff like Genesect and Heracross now.

I have nearly 40K since I've just been battling Meowth for the past week or so. Don't want to use a great ball since an actual max of 20% sounds miserable. Rather wait for a super catch to happen. Also, SUPER tilting for me that the stage gives ONE coin since I find the random single digit to be ascetically displeasing. At least I still need to catch it so I'll hopefully play enough to get the zero back.

Hot damn I haven't played this in a looong time, seems that things get really crazy later on. Sheesh you have to dedicate a lot of time for that stuff eh?

I think I'm still on Slowbro waaaay near the start.

I am likely coming up on 90 hours. Games like this are weird since you only play for like 20 minutes per sitting a couple times a day so you don't really notice the time build up until you look. I mean, I made this thread back in April so 3 months of play time will certainly add up.

And the game repaid me for downing over 10000 gold on Tyranitar with nothing to show for it by handing me Cresselia on a 5% chance. Worth it? Not really, but it helps. She has 80 Power and Barrier Bash+, which has the chance to clear away 3 barriers.

That makes THREE Psychic types with 80 power. I mean, I get why since a lot of legendary pokemon are Psychic, but come on now.

Archived