Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

There's AT LEAST 4 new main stages. I think there's going to be more, they just don't have the info confirmed, so they can't report there being more.

Since Genesect requires 180 main stage S ranks out of 190 (I just unlocked it), I expect the Kalos starter evos will need numbers like 185, 190, and 195, since that's 3 new Expert stages from a possible batch of 10/15 new stages, so the range could be up to 205, but still needs a bit of breathing room so you don't yet have to do EVERY stage as an S rank.

I had hoped to get Genesect to help out with the M-Venusaur ranking, but I haven't had any luck taking Genesect out yet, so I think I'll just do a regular run tomorrow and hope the score works out (Still have the free Complexity -1, which is probably WHY my score eventually got chopped down to like rank 25000)

My instinct tells me the area will have 30 stages like the last one so this update should bring with it another 10 stages. Your number would be the most likely imo with the full 210 unlocking the next expert stage when the last 10 drop.

I feel like a lot of people using their -1 Complexity on the stage. I gave up on trying for it since I don't want to spend that much trying to get it since the type coverage it offers isn't anything I don't already have. Though if it ends up with an amazing Mega Effect I'll end up kicking myself.

Also, if you have any advice for those 8 stages I'm stuck on, I'm all ears. Was able to S rank everything else with at worse just needing +5 moves. Don't think I'll be as lucky with those though.

At least you NA guys just have to make top 20,000. Europe only gets top 10,000 and that's A LOT of other countries to compete with, last I checked I was about top 20k and have probably moved up since then.

I wonder if Europe only has like half the number of downloads as NA does. Near as I can figure, thats the only decent reason to have the different payouts. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible. By the numbers for the Venasaurite competition, Japan has top 50,000, NA has top 20,000, and Europe has top 10,000.

Looking at the current European rankings, there are 73,477 entries into the Venasaurite challenge. For those in NA how many participants are there?

According to Serebii, M-Venusaur's ability is the same as M-Kangaskhan - erases the colums to the right and left of the match.

There are currently 118,996 entries for M-Venusaur. I'm currently at rank 27,816 with a score of 11187, without using Complexity -1.

EDIT: Holy sh- Did a run using the Complexity -1 and a Disruption Delay. Got a score of 19303. Rank 4679. Out of 119007.

Oh yeah. That thing is mine.

It's possible. By the numbers for the Venasaurite competition, Japan has top 50,000, NA has top 20,000, and Europe has top 10,000.

Looking at the current European rankings, there are 73,477 entries into the Venasaurite challenge. For those in NA how many participants are there?

Yea, seems Europe is REALLY getting the short end of the stick. 

According to Serebii, M-Venusaur's ability is the same as M-Kangaskhan - erases the colums to the right and left of the match.

There are currently 118,996 entries for M-Venusaur. I'm currently at rank 27,816 with a score of 11187, without using Complexity -1.

.........damn it. IMO M-Kangaskhan and M-Lopunny have 2 of the best Mega Abilities. Thats why I really want that Lucarioite. But my score is sub 10K and I'm certain I'd have little hope of breaking into the top 20K unless I use the Complexity -1, and even then its not something I'm certain of. 

With only about 26 hours left, I doubt 15K+ people are going to beat me in the last day. By now, almost everyone will have used up their free Complexity, and I don't think M-Venusaur is desirable enough. M-Blastoise had about 200K participants, but none of the others since had REMOTELY that many.

As for your S Rank tips...

I haven't managed to do M-Mewtwo Y, Onix, Snorlax or Steelix yet.

Milotic, I used M-Ampharos with Mega Start, and +5 moves. Probably got lucky.

Timburr was HARD. The tip I got from elsewhere ended up working. I used M-Mewtwo Y, Xerneas, Victini, and...Snubbull. No seriously, Snubbull. It's a Fairy-Type (Super effective) and has Crowd Control. I also used a +5 moves and a Mega Start, but I'm going to insist that this was HARD. Snubbull went from Level 1 to Level 4 before my last run, and I didn't use items for my first few runs because I knew it would take several tries, and I had to learn the right strategy.

Larvesta I don't think was that hard to do. It wasn't one of the S Ranks that took me too long. Probably did something with M-Aero, but I can't remember.

With only about 26 hours left, I doubt 15K+ people are going to beat me in the last day. By now, almost everyone will have used up their free Complexity, and I don't think M-Venusaur is desirable enough. M-Blastoise had about 200K participants, but none of the others since had REMOTELY that many.

As for your S Rank tips...

I haven't managed to do M-Mewtwo Y, Onix, Snorlax or Steelix yet.

Milotic, I used M-Ampharos with Mega Start, and +5 moves. Probably got lucky.

Timburr was HARD. The tip I got from elsewhere ended up working. I used M-Mewtwo Y, Xerneas, Victini, and...Snubbull. No seriously, Snubbull. It's a Fairy-Type (Super effective) and has Crowd Control. I also used a +5 moves and a Mega Start, but I'm going to insist that this was HARD. Snubbull went from Level 1 to Level 4 before my last run, and I didn't use items for my first few runs because I knew it would take several tries, and I had to learn the right strategy.

Larvesta I don't think was that hard to do. It wasn't one of the S Ranks that took me too long. Probably did something with M-Aero, but I can't remember.

See, I misread your first post and thought you jumped over the 20K mark not that you went up 20K rankings. Yea, your gold. 

Mega Start seems like the best shot. I normally beat the stage with Feebas but I'm pretty sure thats just too slow. 

Not having Mewtwo is going to make Timburr even worse for me. 

Yea, I don't get why the Larvesta stage is giving me so much trouble. I get what it is about the others that makes them annoying, but this one is far more straightforward. Might just use the Mega Start + 5 Moves since that should work out. 

Heck, I beat Milotic originally by using M-Ampharos and M-Start, because the Feebas idea took too long and did too little damage and was still luck-based to break the barrier lock, wasting a lot of valuable turns just to be able to match things that weren't Feebas, whereas M-Ampharos makes the whole issue moot by nuking everything.

Heck, I beat Milotic originally by using M-Ampharos and M-Start, because the Feebas idea took too long and did too little damage and was still luck-based to break the barrier lock, wasting a lot of valuable turns just to be able to match things that weren't Feebas, whereas M-Ampharos makes the whole issue moot by nuking everything.

See, I don't like spending the gold unless I have to which is why I went with the Feebas. But yea, don't think I can get away with that for the S rank. 

I decided to also use a Disruption Delay and Complexity -1 and am now top 1598 out of 73497. That Venasaurite is fucking mine.

Gold is very helpful. Sadly I only have about 9700 and need all of it to get the S ranks. 

Grind gold with fight 37, the Meowth. Try to aim for lining up 4 coins, as 3 coins isn't worth it, and it's super easy to screw up 5 coins by winning or not dealing enough damage to beat the fight. By focusing on 4 coins you mostly get away with 330 gold each win. It's the grind method I used to get the items needed to beat M-Gengar and M-Mewtwo Y. You should put Lucario into your mega slot, then 3 mons you want to train, as you can also grind a few levels by repeatedly fighting Meowth. Just avoid too many combos, as once I made my starting move and comboed the Meowth to death.

Grind gold with fight 37, the Meowth. Try to aim for lining up 4 coins, as 3 coins isn't worth it, and it's super easy to screw up 5 coins by winning or not dealing enough damage to beat the fight. By focusing on 4 coins you mostly get away with 330 gold each win. It's the grind method I used to get the items needed to beat M-Gengar and M-Mewtwo Y. You should put Lucario into your mega slot, then 3 mons you want to train, as you can also grind a few levels by repeatedly fighting Meowth. Just avoid too many combos, as once I made my starting move and comboed the Meowth to death.

Yea, Meowth has been helping to get money. Getting 5 gets you 530 coins which is a pretty solid amount. Problem is its so easy to just have a combo come out of nowhere and end the stage. At the same time if you take it too slow you can still fail. Interesting balancing act.

By the way, the trick to S Ranking Onix is to use Mega-Aero (it's neutral-effective), with +5 moves and Mega Start. I haven't succeeded yet, but I've come EXTREMELY close. Do NOT use Disruption Delay if using this tactic. 

That actually seems like a really good plan. Will try.

Yeah, I've been thwarted SO MANY times by combos that come out of nowhere reducing the Meowth to a sliver of health or just killing it. While 500 is a good amount, you have to be lucky to get it. You can much more consistently get the 300, as there's less risk for a 12 piece combo. Meowth is also useful for grinding experience, as I use mons I want to train alongside Lucario for it.

EDIT: Just got my Venasaurite, which is nice. Also, Giratina doesn't give you additional catch chance per moves remaining. So you only get to work with the base catch chance (which is equal to the stage's level), and also double that with a Great Ball. And with each failure once you get to a decent level the stage only gets harder for you. Good luck guys.

I decided to hold off on Giratina and instead work on the 10 new stages. Got a few lucky catches, but over all they aren't very hard. ATM just need to catch T-Tar, but at 3% base and 3% per move he is going to be a PAIN. also going to suck S ranking a lot of these. Was able to get 2 (one with a +5 move) while just going through and 2 others seems pretty easy to get.

Curious, who did you use your Mega Speed Up on? I used it on Gengar figuring 50 gets me a second and so it should be helpful while grinding for that. Not sure who I'll use it on past that. Lucario, Aerodactyl, and Ampharos would be my top choices for the second.

I don't actually know what Mega Speedup does, and am hesitant to use it until I do understand it.

Is its effect on the chosen Mega permanent? So that it'll always M-evolve faster? Seeing as the item is probably going to be exceptionally rare, I'd hope so.

I beat all the new stages, but still need to capture Doublade and T-tar, the last one is going to be an exceptional pain because I can't even beat the stage without using Mega Start.

My understanding for the Expert Stages, by the way, is that you need 191 S to unlock Chesnaught, 195 for Delphox and ALL 200 for Greninja. Have fun.

Archived