Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mega Aero, I used M-Aero, Lucario, Swampert (I think. Whatever my highest Water was), and Dialga. I used M-Start and +5. However, I got it by the skin of my teeth, so don't expect it to work out easily. In fact, I was surprised to get the S, because I thought I needed 13 left.

Mega Mewtwo Y, I used Mega Banette, Giratina, Gengar, and Yveltal, with Mega Start, Disruption Delay, and +5.

For Safari, I'm using Groudon, Marowak, and Donphan. Has worked out very nicely so far. Electrike is refusing to get caught. Darumaka and Stantler gave it pretty quick. Haven't even seen Manectric, and saw Darmanitan once but didn't catch.

Thanks for the advice. Don't have Mega Banette, but I feel like Mega Gengar shouldn't be that much worse.

You should make sure to get Manectric. According to serebii, next Mega Stone will be his.

Thanks for the advice. Don't have Mega Banette, but I feel like Mega Gengar shouldn't be that much worse.

You should make sure to get Manectric. According to serebii, next Mega Stone will be his.

There's a big difference (Gengar will probably work). M-Banette deletes up to 10 of a random Ghost-Type other than itself, whereas M-Gengar only deletes copies of itself. This can be for better or worse.

I keep failing to catch Electrike. Haven't even SEEN Manectric (or maybe I saw it once? Don't think so). Caught the other 3.

There's a big difference (Gengar will probably work). M-Banette deletes up to 10 of a random Ghost-Type other than itself, whereas M-Gengar only deletes copies of itself. This can be for better or worse.

I keep failing to catch Electrike. Haven't even SEEN Manectric (or maybe I saw it once? Don't think so). Caught the other 3.

See, I actually have Mega Mewtwo now and I think the two abilities are SUPER close. Both get the board down to 3 pokemon but Mega Mewtwo at least wasn't always SUPER reliable.

I saw Manectric. He's a barrier spamming slut. I swear, if they ever need a disruption they always defer to bloody barriers, and they are funking annoying.

That sounds fun to catch.

Anyway, spent 4000 to get Manaphy cause screw it, I'd rather just grind that back vs. Meowth.

Also, like a smart person I went into the Safari with my Manaphy catching team. Got Electrike. Was able to win with 7 moves left even though 2/3 pokemon were doing half damage. Well, sucks to know I used up my luck then and not when I had a good team to face him with.

I failed a 72% catch chance TWICE with Manaphy. Second fight, got a Super Catch Chance. Little bastard wasn't escaping on a 100% chance.

Well, I got the Blastoisinite at least, so I'm happy managing to get it the second time round. So, unless the Maectite is a competition, the next one should be the Bannettite.

I failed a 72% catch chance TWICE with Manaphy. Second fight, got a Super Catch Chance. Little bastard wasn't escaping on a 100% chance.

Well, I got the Blastoisinite at least, so I'm happy managing to get it the second time round. So, unless the Maectite is a competition, the next one should be the Bannettite.

Thats some pretty bad luck. I'm just happy I only need to spend 4K and not 8K. Want to get Genesect and will likely need another -1 complexity and great ball to do so.

It is. Serebii says it goes from the 29th-6th.

Finally found Manectric and captured it with an 11% chance on first try. (I had enough coins for a Great Ball if needed and would have hoped for the Super Capture).

Now I have all the Safari Pokes, so I can thankfully stop doing it. I like the idea of the Safari, but they're aggravating because 3 Pokes tend to be super common, and 1 or 2 are ridiculously tough to find, so you'll probably just burn hearts replaying Pokes you beat and caught already.

Next goal is Manaphy. I hope M-Manectric has a good ability, because it seems kind of meh as regular Manectric. 60 base and Hitting Streak which is nice, but...

EDIT: Got Manaphy. Had to reset because Manaphy decided it'd be fun to make me squander 2500 coins and break out of a 64% chance (Super Capture). Got revenge on it the second time.

Seems solid. Base 70 Water with Swap+, which presumably changes 3 disruptions into Manaphy icons.

Yea, I've done like 15 rounds worth of Safari and haven't even seen Darmanitan or Manectric. I caught the other 3 with minimal difficulty, its just feels like having those two appear is going to be more annoying than catching them. At least the only other thing I have to do in the game is grind for S ranks unlike last time where I still had a ton of stages to get through and choose to make progress there and ignored the Safari.

Took the ultimate plunge to S Rank Steelix.

I used a Complexity -1 and a Disruption Delay. No moves + 5 or Mega Start, using M-Gengar, Lucario, Ninetales, and Heatran. Got it with 4 moves to spare.

Now to grind coins a bit, and prepare to aim for Lickilicky, Conkeldurr, and Tyranitar.

I am so miserable at the expert stages. Even with disruption delay and mega start (for Mega Blastoise) I couldn't beat Delphox. Which is sad since I beat her with just Mega Start on Aero before. Bah, I've waste so much gold on these stages. Should have just used a -1 complexity and mega start.

Yea, Heatran's stage is surprisingly simple. Any caught Delphi thanks to a Mega Start and Great Ball. Genesect is going to be a massive pain though since even the Mega Start didn't get me a win. Was able to also S rank Mega Mewtwo though so I've VERY nearly have done everything which is pretty cool.

Just

S Rank: Snorlax, Steelix, Conkeldurr, and Tyranitar

Catch: Genesect and Greninja

And I did it all without spending a cent.

I'm still pettering along. The post M-Mewtwo stages are unnecessarily brutal. Like, even weaklings like Poochyena make the earlier Mega fights look like god damn tutorial missions. And the worst thing is, roughly 80% of them aren't even worth using due to being absurdly weak.

I've come close to S Ranking Tyranitar, and managed to catch it, thanks to a Super Capture giving me a 91%.

And Tyranitar is actually good. It's a base 80 Rock. With Eject as its ability, which is...okay, but it's a base 80 Rock. And since it's Tyranitar, it could one day have a Mega.

I'm still pettering along. The post M-Mewtwo stages are unnecessarily brutal. Like, even weaklings like Poochyena make the earlier Mega fights look like god damn tutorial missions. And the worst thing is, roughly 80% of them aren't even worth using due to being absurdly weak.

Yea, the batch after Mewtwo has a lot of stupid stages.  

I've come close to S Ranking Tyranitar, and managed to catch it, thanks to a Super Capture giving me a 91%.

And Tyranitar is actually good. It's a base 80 Rock. With Eject as its ability, which is...okay, but it's a base 80 Rock. And since it's Tyranitar, it could one day have a Mega.

All the pseudo legendaries are likely to have 80 power. Though, it kind of sucks that a lot of them are Dragons which are pretty useless in the game.

I just need Conkeldurr and Lickilicky for S Rank.

Catch: Genesect, Chesnaught, and Greninja.

EDIT: Yay, got Lickilicky's S on the last move.

Very nice.

Conkeldurr is going to be a pain. I've already tried Mega Start with Mewtwo and that didn't even come close.

Curious if you have any advice for Snorlax. I tried Mega Start with Aero and that still came up short. I think its doable, but 2800 gold per attempt is pretty high so I want to check you have a better method.

I think I used M-Aero with Mega Start and +5, with Lucario, Sawk, and either Conkeldurr or Throh as support. It took a few tries, and a lot depends on either getting a lucky trigger for Pummel, or by focusing on hitting Sawk's Power of 4 whenever possible. It's a tricky stage for sure.

Alternatively, this might have been the stage where I followed a piece of advice I never would have considered, and found it to have amazing results: Mega Gengar + Mega Start. That's it.

Can't remember which I did, since I've come close with the Mega Aero strategy before, but I really want to think I used the M-Gengar strategy for that one.

Archived