Old Card Discussion (Dawn of the Gods)

I didn't make this, but it needs to be talked about to show the creator the issue.

Dawn_of_the_Gods.jpg

: When this card is activated: You can look at your opponent’s Extra Deck and target up 2 to monsters there, then send 1 monster from your Extra Deck whose Level/Rank equals the targeted monsters’ Levels/Ranks to the Graveyard; send the targeted monster to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 “Dawn of the Gods” per turn, and you cannot conduct your Battle Phase that turn.

The power level on this card is stupid. Against most any deck, it takes out their 2 strongest cards, at the cost of your 1 weakest. This prevents them from doing, well, anything.

Please prove to this card's creator that this is not a balanced card.

It is. 

For one, an argument you all love to say on other threads is how valuable extra deck slots are, so where is it now? 

To take their strongest card you'll need to have the same level or rank in your e.d as that card. to take 2 of their strongest you'll need 1 card that doubles that rank or level. 

In addition, it needs the appropriate levels, things you may not always have.  < It is not always live, and will not be. 

Killing an e.d card does not stop them from doing "anything", as much as you like the exaggeration.

Killing an E.D monster they might have from the deck with the right level set up in yours, is comparable to killing an E.D monster once it arrives on the field via negation and / or removal. < If your deck can't withstand it, then it can't withstand the right bottomless or fiendish as well. 

And last, this card's design is perfectly justified in the context of the existence of overwhelming ED spam, that's really prevalent in today's DP.  

Killing 2 is a bonus. If indeed it ends up broken, I've already got convinced kill 2 can go. But this card can exist in our DP perfectly fine. 

edit: It was updated with 2 minor changes, one to make it so that it must stay face-up to activate and resolve. That is to fix the scenario where this card could be chained in response to an MST or so.

Case rested. 

i still thinking is a good card, but being Trap card is bad

maybe 2 from your opponent ED is too much but 1 is totally fine because is 1-4-1

cards like Extra Gate exist and is even more broken than this, just XYZ are safe from this card, but in this meta game with Fusions/Synch and Pendulums whenever we look, is a pretty good card

idk why you complaint about this, the only card i see to take adventage of this one is the Herald Synchro and only if you use Rituals

I think someone needs to tell it straight from experience, and for me, I have seen how stupid this card can really get

There are 3 Decks that are completely unmentioned in this thread and to me that is blasphemy: Nekroz, Shaddoll, and Sky Conquerors

Marco, you play Shaddolls don't you? You should already know the bs you can do then. Send a Construct, send 2 Rank 4s or a Rank 8 just as your opponent was about to make 1 that sends your current field packing. What's more, you get to add a Shaddoll Spell or Trap from the Grave back into your hand. Essentially, you went +2 (Though this can be argued whether the sending is a plus or minus)

In Nekroz, this card is even worse, send an Arc Light send that Rank 4 your opponent was JUST about to make to take out your monster. What's that, you didn't have room for a 2nd Castel? Too bad. Good day sir. You just lost your out and I got to search during your turn. Lovely, isn't it? Another +2. Same would apply with Furies, my friend. In fact, you send from there a lot in Furies, so you could run Jar of Avarice to keep the cycle going!

Now let's talk about DP and Sky Conquerors. Now THIS, is what I experienced first hand. This was such bs. Trigger Dawn when you are about to make that ED summon, recover a Poly, maybe draw a card, or various other things, and next turn you get some sort of strong field presence. What's more are the options being so diverse, that it's almost a toolbox, a toolbox that is essentially free while taking your opponent closer and closer out of the game. I envy the day such an engine is ever allowed. From my own personal testing and my experiences with Self Destruct Button, I have yet to win a game where the card is resolved. What a sad, sad, day isn't it? More +2s

As much as I can appreciate some of your stuff sometimes and your artwork is beyond amazing, I'm afraid I cannot get behind this card. It does a bit too much, and has some really uncomfortable situations that are absolutely painful to watch. I hate to put it so bluntly, but I don't think it can be said another way. It just is plain ridiculous

I think someone needs to tell it straight from experience, and for me, I have seen how stupid this card can really get

There are 3 Decks that are completely unmentioned in this thread and to me that is blasphemy: Nekroz, Shaddoll, and Sky Conquerors

Marco, you play Shaddolls don't you? You should already know the bs you can do then. Send a Construct, send 2 Rank 4s or a Rank 8 just as your opponent was about to make 1 that sends your current field packing. What's more, you get to add a Shaddoll Spell or Trap from the Grave back into your hand. Essentially, you went +2 (Though this can be argued whether the sending is a plus or minus)

In Nekroz, this card is even worse, send an Arc Light send that Rank 4 your opponent was JUST about to make to take out your monster. What's that, you didn't have room for a 2nd Castel? Too bad. Good day sir. You just lost your out and I got to search during your turn. Lovely, isn't it? Another +2. Same would apply with Furies, my friend. In fact, you send from there a lot in Furies, so you could run Jar of Avarice to keep the cycle going!

Now let's talk about DP and Sky Conquerors. Now THIS, is what I experienced first hand. This was such bs. Trigger Dawn when you are about to make that ED summon, recover a Poly, maybe draw a card, or various other things, and next turn you get some sort of strong field presence. What's more are the options being so diverse, that it's almost a toolbox, a toolbox that is essentially free while taking your opponent closer and closer out of the game. I envy the day such an engine is ever allowed. From my own personal testing and my experiences with Self Destruct Button, I have yet to win a game where the card is resolved. What a sad, sad, day isn't it? More +2s

As much as I can appreciate some of your stuff sometimes and your artwork is beyond amazing, I'm afraid I cannot get behind this card. It does a bit too much, and has some really uncomfortable situations that are absolutely painful to watch. I hate to put it so bluntly, but I don't think it can be said another way. It just is plain ridiculous

I do play shaddols, just thought of it in light of a perk or something you could do at times, not as a ridiculous interaction. But perhaps that's right, and can be fixed with banish for banish.
It no longer kills 2 btw.

Uh, milling your own ED is scarcely existent. There's that one little guy who does so at the cost of 3k Life Points. That's too much for it to be used, but it was tried in Nekroz in its heyday. Then, there's the Nekroz Ritual Spell. You know, the one that drops Herald of Arc Light for Unicorne, and then you get a search off of it? The one that decides to make the Tribute cost that Rituals normally have become a card from your Extra Deck instead of an actual resource, and lets you +0 off of it because Herald searches? Honestly, Herald shares some of the blame in that case, but not all of it. As 'ok' as this card may end up being, triggering stuff like the Dolls' Fusion recover effect really should not happen.

The Extra Deck is a lot like a toolbox; hell, the term "Rank 4 toolbox" is thrown around commonly. In a toolbox, you have a bunch of different tools, yet IIRC when you designed this it was to kill off multiples of "that same damn annoying card." Unless you're up against Bujins who (should) run 2-3 Susans or something like that, this is not the case. Instead, and this is exactly as you've used it, you use this and kill off whatever ED answers your opponent has to your board so that they can't access the ED in order to counter your board. Basically, no Castel to stop Construct. The NDR section of the ED is often filled enough for this to not always stop Castel, 101, Exciton, and anything else, but there are other ED options in there that you brutally murder with this card, while getting a Shaddoll Fusion back. Even in "ED spam," your opponent doesn't have a bajillion million zillion Castels, like how a toolbox doesn't have a bajillion million zillion screwdrivers (though they do have quite a few different ones). And even if they have enough to still get a NDR off against your Construct somehow, it's probably their last one, and they are not in any position to pull it off again against whatever you're going to plop on the board with your recovered Doll Fusion.

Even if this card only kills one card, it still leaves Decks who make a powerful play off of a certain ED monster (such as Infernity did with Lavalval Chain) in a lot of trouble. They can circumvent this by running more copies of that card, and Infernity often did just that, but ED space can be pretty tight (especially since we have super mega ultra power R4s here). I still don't like the idea of that.

Archived