Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015

Agro

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well all trailers are lol. But there will still be giant mechanical dinosaurs that you need to hunt. And that's pretty cool

And a female protag,  I noticed there were a good number of them during the conference.

Now we just need people to stop patting themselves on the back and consider not make them all white. 

- Puppet Star Fox with the Barrel Roll reference, so funny. The transformations and multiple vehicles look really cool.

- I've never played any Skylanders games but Supercharged looks really cool with Bowser and DK.

- Triforce Heroes is like Four Swords + Mario & Luigi, I love it.

- The English trailer for Fire Emblem Fates was cool. And so the red hair guy in FExSMT is referring to Cain, neat.

- Animal Crossing amiibo Festival looks like pure fun, I want it.

- PAPER MARIO AND MARIO & LUIGI TOGETHER, HOLY sheet YES. I MUST HAVE IT.

I think Nintendo won E3 for me with that last point.

1 THING:

IT WAS A MINI GAME INSIDE OF A METROID GAME

Just showing the name Blast Ball at NWC, they really wanted people to think it was a totally different game from themselves. Couldn't have really hid it from the big fans. Well Mario Maker is still the most hype crud for me but many things looked really cool

Debatable.  I mean, yeah, their stuff is way more interesting, but it depends on how you want to grade it.  Sony has more mainstream appeal.  

Two of the games shown were COD and Battlefront which is COD with a star wars skin, not much interest. Also all the people on Sony's livestream only cared about that. They can have their various skinned CODs while i design home for animals! Also i can play Palutena in Mario Maker!

Star Fox looks supremely cool too! But HOME DESIGNER

The presentation wasn't super amazing, though it was quite nice (I especially liked the talk about Star Fox's beginnings and creating stages for the original Super Mario Bros.), but the quality of what they showed off I feel is more important.

Plus, there's the stuff they did on Sunday.

Overall impressions

• Bethesda: Honestly, they win. Fallout 4 is just pure hype. Never played Fallout and I've never been sold so hard. Based Todd.
  • Microsoft: Best part was when I decided to sleep
  • Sony: FF7 was real hype. Presentation was okay but FF7 is hnnnng. TLG is also nice.
  • Nintendo: SMT x idols, I got what I came for, I'm happy, I heard Sugita speak a bit, life's good. Also the guy talking about how Inari shrines inspired Star Fox was cool
  • Square Enix: FF7 would've been hype if they didn't show it in Sony already. Disappointment as usual but I admit I laughed when KH iOS.
  • Squeenix ADDENDUM: Star Ocean looks cool I guess. Never played but I heard good things about the series. Same with Nier.

Nintendo was a little underwhelming for me. I disliked the amiibo-related announcements. I had figured Skylanders would take advantage of the NFC reader on the gamepad to implement amiibo, not make 2 new amiibo, however cool it is that they can be used in both games. The Animal Crossing games are just underwhelming in general. It's nice to see Metroid, but I'm not exactly sure this is the metroid I want now or whenever it releases.

Yoshi, Xenoblade, SMTxFE, Fire Emblem Fates all still look great. Super Mario Maker looks better than great.

Biggest reveals were then Star Fox Zero and Tri Force Heroes. They both look cool, but I'm not sure how I feel about co-op games for 3DS, let alone online co-op.

There just wasn't a big WOW moment like we've gotten in the past few years. 

For once the environment in a Kingdom Hearts game doesn't look like ass. 

Even more impressive, a Kingdom Hearts game's gameplay doesn't look like ass. :526094_key:

I actually just watched Nintendo's presentation......

favorites: SMT x FE | Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer | FE: Fates | Super Mario Maker

Should i watch the others? Or can anyone tell me the games they showed? Of Sony's i only saw from Cod: BO3 

I think my feelings are close to Agro's

The amiiibo news is fine, but the impossibility of getting them makes them pushing them an issue.

Star Fox is cool, but it was never a franchise I played so I don't know how to feel about it. Also curious what exactly it is since, as they said, it isn't a continuation or remake.

Animal Crossing, again, not something I care about. Cute for those that do care, but not for me. Same goes for Animal Crossing Party.

Metroid didn't really feel Metroid too me. I don't know, it felt off.

Triforce Heros is cool, but not having people to play with is kind of tilting. My bias is single player games so thats part of it.

Hyrule Warriors still looks great, even if what we got was leaked early.

Fire Emblem looks really interesting. I've never played one, but between all the characters in Smash and how cool Fate looks I'm pretty likely to get it. SMTxFE is SOOOOOOO Anime like, dear load. Not a big thing, but wow. The more I see it the more amazing it become to me.

Is it bad that I want the Xenoblade game just for the music. Seriously, I love the music so much.

I REALLY want the Yoshi game. It just looks fun and super imaginative. Also Yarn Yoshi is too adorable. Also like the Amiibo function.

Yokai Watch is a thing.

The M&L x Paper Mario got the biggest reaction. Like, I didn't see it coming and it seems like a REALLY sweet idea. Tennis is a great game for the motion controls.

Mario Maker is still super hype and I love that you can play as other characters.

So yea, maybe I just didn't have realistic expectations going in, so thats on me I guess. We saw a lot of cool things but not much really excited me. Over all, I think the biggest problem was that the things they showed off we already knew about so we didn't have any hype reveals.

Archived