Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015

Agro

Yea, I kind of get where your coming from. I get the disappointment, I do. We wanted more core games and by and large we got spinoffs. But one of the big differences between Nintendo and the others, to my knowledge at least, is that they put HEAVY focus on the near future so that did tie their hands a fair bit. I also feel like people are ignoring the stuff we got with the NWC and the Smash presentation since those did show off stuff too. We got cool thing. I love Wooly World. Mario Maker looks amazing. M&L x Paper Mario is super hype. We're getting a new co-op Zelda game. A major Japanese franchise is coming over to the US. Xenoblade got a release date. We saw Star Fox. People are so focused on what it wasn't and not enjoying it for what it is.

NX likely won't be out for another 2 years. Game systems have life cycles of about 5 or 6 years and we're only 3 years into the Wii U's. 2017 or 2018 are the most likely times for it to come out and that is well within the normal time frame.

How I'm feeling has nothing to do with what was shown in the direct. I don't honestly care if there's not a new Metroid, or if a new Metroid doesn't look like Metroid. It's the backlash and stuff that has shown up since then that has kind of hit me right in the gut pretty hard. Everyone seems to be kind of shitty and Nintendo isn't doing itself any favors.

I'm just thinking financially about my ability to buy another Nintendo system. I don't have to worry about Wii U games because I have a Wii U, but if a new system comes out, I'd have to spend money on it to play the games for it. The amount of games Nintendo has released to support a home system after a successor launches can literally be counted on one hand.

To be honest, it's probably the interview with the Metroid Prime producer that hits the hardest. I didn't care what he said about Metroid Prime Federation Force. He said that a new Metroid, if started now, would release in 3 years and would be for the Nx rather than the Wii U. If that's not confirmation that Nx is Wii U's successor and is targeted for release by no later than 2018, I don't know what is.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something people don't seem to get with Nintendo's E3 is...they didn't really have much to show because...Well, unlike many other companies, they already talked about a lot of their big things. They didn't have much to hide and so they didn't have much to announce at E3.

At least, that's how I see it.

This is also true. Nintendo has the directs so we get tons more info about what Nintendo is doing compared to other companies.

How I'm feeling has nothing to do with what was shown in the direct. I don't honestly care if there's not a new Metroid, or if a new Metroid doesn't look like Metroid. It's the backlash and stuff that has shown up since then that has kind of hit me right in the gut pretty hard. Everyone seems to be kind of shitty and Nintendo isn't doing itself any favors.

I'm just thinking financially about my ability to buy another Nintendo system. I don't have to worry about Wii U games because I have a Wii U, but if a new system comes out, I'd have to spend money on it to play the games for it. The amount of games Nintendo has released to support a home system after a successor launches can literally be counted on one hand.

To be honest, it's probably the interview with the Metroid Prime producer that hits the hardest. I didn't care what he said about Metroid Prime Federation Force. He said that a new Metroid, if started now, would release in 3 years and would be for the Nx rather than the Wii U. If that's not confirmation that Nx is Wii U's successor and is targeted for release by no later than 2018, I don't know what is.

I get that. The backlash has been extreme manbaby. They actually have a petition to cancel Nintendo Space Marines. No, stop, just stop.

Heres the thing though, 2018 would have been the expected year for it to come out anyway.

NES: 85

SNES: 91

64: 96

GC: 01

Wii: 06

Wii U: 12

NX: 17/18

I think its more so that we're already through the half way mark of the Wii U's life cycle thats kind of shocking.

So if you have one, what's your absolute number one favorite game that was shown off at E3 (either first reveal or just more info about something we already knew existed) that you're most excited for?

For me, it's definitely Dark Souls III. At first I thought it might be Paper Jam, but while I still think it'll be awesome and looks to be a lot of fun, my hype died down some when I realized it's just M&L5 with the gimmick of Paper Mario being there. But the Souls series is one of my favorite video game series, and even though it was just a reveal trailer they showed off (though since then there's been some gameplay shown off, just no video since it was a closed door demo), I really like what's been shown and talked about and I just can't wait to play it. The game pushed up my timetable to buy a PS4 since I originally thought I'd buy one when KH3 released. I just hope "early 2016" comes sooner rather than later.

Star Fox bastards. I've been waiting just as log as people have for FFVII.

I actually think the game looks good, the textures are terribad tho.

Star Fox will also probably be a better game. Also Platinum is working on it. Either they'll shape up the textures or we won't care. Apparently it looks better on the show floor.

So if you have one, what's your absolute number one favorite game that was shown off at E3 (either first reveal or just more info about something we already knew existed) that you're most excited for?

At this point, I think it's still Project Horizon. Nothing really blew me away like that game did. Might choose The Last Guardian over that, though. Or Star Wars Battlefront. I like Star Wars.

I think Horizon is still my game of the show atm.

Speaking of which...

Oh yeah, that's all I'm saying.  It'll at least be solid.

Read through a few things on Horizon.

Guerilla games split into 2 studios after Killzone 3. Half made Shadow Fall, half started working on Horizon. (Similar to how after Uncharted 2, Naughty Dog split into the teams that developed Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us, respectively) Behind closed-doors demos showed the same demo put on on the show floor tackled in a different way. So yeah, that was all real.

Apparently it's also supposed to be completely open world without loading screens or segmentation (a la Witcher 3).

OMG UNRAVEL, I NEED THAT GAME, IT LOOKS SO PRETTY AND SWEET AND AGHHHHHH.

Xbone might get increased sales after this E3 with games such as UNRAVEL (OMMYGOD! I NEED IT) and Cuphead, but with also many other cool games (Fable Legends looks fun, and it can also play Smite).

OMG UNRAVEL, I NEED THAT GAME, IT LOOKS SO PRETTY AND SWEET AND AGHHHHHH.

Xbone might get increased sales after this E3 with games such as UNRAVEL (OMMYGOD! I NEED IT) and Cuphead, but with also many other cool games (Fable Legends looks fun, and it can also play Smite).

Doubt it. Both those games are on PC. They hopefully will end up being super popular though. People loved them when they got shown off. Honestly, I'm super happy about that since I never would have thought that people would eat these games up like they have.

Doubt it. Both those games are on PC. They hopefully will end up being super popular though. People loved them when they got shown off. Honestly, I'm super happy about that since I never would have thought that people would eat these games up like they have.

I'm honestly thinking of getting one when Unravel comes out..... It's mainly because i 1) Have a Mac 2) I have an old Mac

Why must exclusives be a thing?!

I'm honestly thinking of getting one when Unravel comes out..... It's mainly because i 1) Have a Mac 2) I have an old Mac

Why must exclusives be a thing?!

And this is why I have a desktop. Cause while I love my Mac, she can't do gaming.

Also, since we're on the topic of Yarn, Wooly World is one of my most anticipated games. It just looks so adorable and fun. I really just want to play it.

Archived