Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou/Everyday Life with Monster Girls

That is correct.  Sadly, judging by the next episode preview, we won't be seeing Suu next week.  But we have Papi now, so that's good for now.

As for the episode itself, the anime continues being very faithful to the manga.  Papi was animated and voiced spectacularly (as was Centorea ofc).  I look forward to seeing more of the harem's antics in full color with sound, as always :)

Yeah, suu took until...Volume 2 to appear, I think?

Also, I liked the extra details they added to papi's part, like the 3-styeps thing being WAY CLEARER, a bit more at the intro, and Miia being sillier. While the first Episode was very close to the manga, shot for shot, it seems that even in the second episode, they're trying some new things, which is good.

One thing I didn't like, was how they translated some of Papi's...eccentricities. "Incest"? (I'm guessing this one was a literal translation, but like, wow.) ANd now calling MC Husband was a little...disappointing.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More overanalysis Airride;

They've actually been doing 2 chapters an episode. I just haven't noticed 'cuz I forgot Miia's introduction and date were 2 separate chapters.

By this we can conclude which episode each character will debut in;

Suu: Episode 4 (First Appears in Chapter 8, Named in Chapter 9, so episode 5 for that)

Mero: Episode 5 (First Appears Chapter 10)

MON: Episode 6 (Chapter 11)

Rachnera: Episode 8 (Chapter 15. Technically appears in chapter 14 first, but has like 2 lines in that, so w/e)

Lala: Episode 12 (Chapter 23/24)

Seems my calculations were a bit off, unless they make some of the chapters longer or somethin'.

I feel like overanalyzing some s*** so let's do that (again [Again])

Specifically, Smith's development as a character in the manga, because I'm bored and saw a post on Tumblr.

As we've seen in the anime, Smith is rather...irresponsible in the second episode. A bit in the first episode as we saw her forcing Kimihito (MC) to take in Miia when she f***ed up who she was supposed to give her to, but she at least acted a bit responsible when she made sure he knew the laws.

In the Second episode, she CLEARLY states she was going to force papi on him despite even stating in chapter 1 that he had his hands full with JUST Miia. And then with Centaura she basically completly ignored her duties, but did at least respect Centaur culture by letting her stay with Kimihito. Then again, it was also partially Centaura's fault for actually letting Him ride her, but still...

Suu's an interesting case. Smith does both the right thing and the wrong thing at the same time here. She basically says "Look, if you want to take care of this thing, gio ahead. It doesn't fit into what I do, though, so you're 100% responsible for her." Then again, they didnt really know how sentient she was - Considering her state now as probably the most SANE and normal part of the harem, it'd be wise for smitch to reevaluate her position, if she counts as another species.

Mero is honestly a f***ing mess on Smith's part. Despite Kimihito having THREE girls under his roof (Considering having two stay was questionable already...) She SPECIFICALLY remodels his house to fit her in as well. I don't think we even get an adequate explanation for this. For Papi it was because of her problematic nature, for Cerea is was because of cultural reasons, but this? Who knows, man.

Rachnera is a case of Smith actually not being totally dutiless. rachnera is honestly the one that (more or less) TELLS HER to let him stay with Kimhito, considering how much she's already warmed up to him, and her other "Reasons". While It's still a little...irresponsible to let her stay at a a house with 4 Extraspecies + Suu, Rachnera is really the one that made this problem this time.

Lala is a f***in mess. I swear, 80% of the trouble with her comes from everybody misunderstanding the hell out of her. Kihimito is, for once, the ONLY ONE who knows what's going on. And, again, Lala is the one that literally this time, tells smith to place her there to "Observe" him. Again, it's also a cultural thing here, but also she seems to literally disappear and reappear at will, so she isn't really too much of a problem overall.

Also she neglects to tell Kimhito that he doesn't have to pay so much money for food, so there's that too.

Smith's gotten better, but christ.

Overanalyzing Airride out.

(im so rry for spamming this thread but i adore this manga and overanalyzation of s*** like this so i cant stop)

I decided to go read the chapter where Suu helped with Darling's (I feel like if I refer to him by name no one's gonna know who I'm talking about) cold because I wanted to check something, and in the last panel the MON members are actually in their outfits from the ED.

E7nVzq2.jpg?2

BXKhyUm.png

Honestly one of my favorite lines from the manga. Cannot wait to hear it voiced.

As for todays episode; Those animation for the three girls in the first part were actually really cool IMO.

Also, it's really odd when we see Kimihito's actual eyes, considering about 90% of the time they're the blank ones. But also cool.

Also, a moment to praise the art? I really like it. Those eyes, man.

Okay, we have a Dullahan or headless knight, a dragon, a dryad and a devil girl. Don't tell me they'll be living with him too. Also, shouldn't the Dullahan not have a head? and the dragon lady looks too much like a dude. Kinda like...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/sailormoonenglishanime/images/5/53/Amara_%28Civilian%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20140803061211

Think about it.

I think last episode might have skipped one of my favorite moments in early MonMusu.  That or we'll just see it very early next episode.

That was part of a bonus chapter. 5.5 irrc.

Okay, we have a Dullahan or headless knight, a dragon, a dryad and a devil girl. Don't tell me they'll be living with him too.

Only Lala. The others are recurring "Antagonists". I use that word loosely because they're moreso trouble-makers and don't really do any harm at any point.

Well, except for Kii, but she's more friendly afterwords anyway.

Also

LALA-CHAN CONFIRMED HELL F***ING YAS

In celebration, Lala-Related Over-Attentive Arride;

While the Original "D" that MC got a letter from was, indeed, Doppel, in chapter 22 it's revealed he got another letter from "D"; However, this was from Lala, who was showed in shadow at the very end of the chapter, as MON was discussing the second letter, and revealing it WASN'T from Doppel.

However, we are alluded to what she is as soon as the VERY FIRST PAGE OF THE CHAPTER.

[spoiler=Pic]1.jpg

If you can't see, look at the middle of the table.

I LOVE the attention to detail in this manga, man.

(As another note I wanted to confirm, they show the species of the "antagonists" each time at the start of the chapters, but Lala is more notable because she doesn't appear fully until the chapter AFTERWORDS.)

I just finished episode 3.

It was both hilarious and hot at the same time.

...also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Kimihito have the same voice actor as adult Link from Ocarina of Time? I couldn't hear it before, but in episode 3, one of his screams sounded almost exactly like adult Link's falling scream and one of his knockback screams from that game.

I haven't checked, but I'm almost positive it's not Nobuyuki Hiyama, it sounds nothing like him. Maybe you haven't heard him in anime before, but other roles of his include Viral from TTGL and Sanageyama from Kill la Kill.

EDIT: It's Junji Majima. Done roles including Ryuji from Toradora, Ayumu from Is This a Zombie?, and Toru from Chaika the Coffin Princess.

I haven't checked, but I'm almost positive it's not Nobuyuki Hiyama, it sounds nothing like him. Maybe you haven't heard him in anime before, but other roles of his include Viral from TTGL and Sanageyama from Kill la Kill.

EDIT: It's Junji Majima. Done roles including Ryuji from Toradora, Ayumu from Is This a Zombie?, and Toru from Chaika the Coffin Princess.

I've only heard Viral in the dub, and I don't remember who Sanageyama is. Sorry for sounding a bit stupid, it was one of his screams in episode 3 that made me think that.

I only recognize that second guy, but I only ever saw the dub of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?. Has Majima had any video game roles?

Archived