[Finished]CC Monthly Series [July 2015] <<JUDGING PHASE>>

If I still can, I think I'll take a swing.

Though, intent really shouldn't be something you ask for. Judges should be able to assess that from what they glean, especially since intent can impede jusgong impact. Too late here, but for the future.

finally complete, here's my entry card

[spoiler=Raidraptor Rebellion Falcon]

RR%20Rebellion%20Falcon_1.png[/url]

[spoiler=Lore and Explanation]

Pendulum Effect:

Once during your turn: You can target 1 face-up monster you control; Its unaffected by other card effects except itself, but can only target face-up monster your opponent controls with highest ATK for attack, and cannot attack directly. These changes last for the rest of the turn. (this is a quick effect)

Monster effect:

2 Level 4 DARK monsters.
If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4 monsters, you can Pendulum Summon this card.If this card is Xyz Summoned by using Xyz Monster: This card gains ATK equal than half of combined ATK of Special Summoned monster(s) your opponent controls. Once during either player's turn: You can have this card gains half of ATK of other 1 face-up monster on the field with highest ATK until the End Phase, then detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, if you cannot, destroy 1 face-up "Raidraptor" card you control instead. If this would leaves the field by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effects), you can place this card to your unused Pendulum Zone instead.

Pendulum effect: designed to protect your monster during your own turn, by the cost that it can only attack highest atk monster, which is not a problem for a monster that can gain opponent's atk such as rise falcon, dark rebellion (which this card refer), and this card itself

Monster effect: Designed to cover one of RR weakness, overcoming high atk monster, but doesnt take much resource to summon and is a raidraptor, the detach effect referenced to dark rebellion, but instead of halving your opponent's this effect only need detach 1 and is a quick effect, the detach is not a cost so that when this card is Pendulum Summoned and has no material, it can still use effect by sacrificing 1 other raidraptor, it can also place itself to Pendulum Zone when removed from the field, having a scale 7 and easy summon condition, can also be teched to non
RR deck that can use the scale and Pendulum effect

[spoiler=Entry]EGyvnr1.jpg?1

Pendulum Effect: You can banish this card; add 1 Tuner monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Monster Effect: 2 Level 4 Monsters

If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. This Pendulum Summoned card is treated as a Level 4 Effect monster, but it cannot be used for an Xyz Summon. When this card is Xyz Summoned, if you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Tuner monster from your deck in Defense Position, but its effect(s) are negated and it cannot be used as an Xyz Material Monster. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 Tuner monster you control and it becomes that Level until the end of this turn. You can only use each Monster Effect of "Resonance Queen, Pan-G" once per turn. If this card would leave the field by battle or a card effect, you can place it in one of your empty Pendulum Zones.

This started as just a main-character style Xyz I was making for myself. See, the biggest problem with Synchro is that, not only do tuners bring inconsistency, but Synchrocentric takes up way too much ED space. You can't reliably run Xyz while running enough Synchros given the wide range of levels.

So, in order to somewhat alleviate that, and given how cards like Red Resonator allowed non-tuners to be powerful, I made this.

You can find a 3 or lower tuner (I felt 4 would be too high) when your field is clear aside from Pan-G. You can edit it's level so it's more versatile. But you can't use it with Pan-G at that time.

Then I made her a pendulum in hopes to tie all 3 summon methods together, but... I couldn't think of a way to work fusion in without it seeming odd. So I stuck to Xyz and Synchro.

Her pendulum effect allows you to (in most decks) permanently remove her from the game in order to find or recover a tuner. While powerful, I felt like losing a recurring 2500 that I decided would be a level 4 when PSd, to aid Synchro, without also being just more Xyz fodder, would be a decently large cost.

She can become a pendulum whenever she's be removed, but it requires a clear Pendulum Zone in order to slide in, which means she actually wants you to be careful with your scales, as this is a way to stop Castel/etc from ruining your day.

Her Scale's decent, not amazing, so not too good.

I'll leave flavor to you.

[spoiler=Virgil, Star Force of the Burning Abyss is my entry]

[spoiler='']

post-799110-0-40606800-1437515761_thumb.jpg

Pendulum Effect:
"Burning Abyss" you control cannot be destroyed by there own effects. Each time a monster is sent to the Graveyard: All monster you control gain 200 ATK and DEF, until the End Phase. If this card is destroyed: You can target 6 monsters in the Graveyard(s); shuffle all 6 into the Deck, then draw 2 cards.

Monster Effect:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to place this card in your Pendulum Zone. Once per turn: You can target 1 Rank/Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; discard 1 "Burning Abyss" card, and if you do, Special Summon that target. Once per turn, during either player's turn: Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 card your opponent controls or in their Graveyard; banish that target. You can only use this effect of "Virgil, Star Force of the Burning Abyss" once per turn.

Let me know if you want to see my reasons why i did what i did :)

Here we go:

[spoiler=The Card]

qamgt52.png

You can target 1 Synchro monster in your Graveyard: Return it to the Extra Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use this effect  of "White Star Dragon" once per turn.

1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 "Stardust" Synchro Monster
This card's Level becomes 8 while face-up in the Extra Deck. Can only be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. This card is unaffected by the effects of Spell/Trap cards. You can target 1 in your Pendulum Zone and 1 card your opponent controls: Send them to the Graveyard, and if you do, you can place this card in 1 of your empty Pendulum Zones. You can only use this effect of "White Star Dragon" once per turn.

Submission phase is over, so on to judging.

Compared to last month's tournament, I am rather impressed with the turnout.

There will be a 4th place prize given, although what it'll be is unclear as of now.

--------

I should have them ready within a week or two at the latest.

Need to look over the cards and the Decks that they can be used in, if they are themed towards certain Archetypes.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for the 1.5 week delay, but yeah I needed to look over the cards carefully + analyze their uses (especially since there were a lot more entries this time around, which is a good thing). That, and some Archetypal stuff.

As usual, please feel free to ask if you have questions about your grading + whether there are any discrepancies with point accumulation.

(A reminder, your OCG grade is mostly based on comprehension and standard grammatical English stuff; if I can understand what your intent was in the effect, you should be fine.)

[spoiler=Grades]

STANDARD
B/U: 60
C: 20
O: 20
Total: 100

Striker
B/U: 53
C: 17
O: 19.5
Total: 89.5

Hmm, so a Junk Destroyer-esque effect coupled with a mass version of Breakthrough Skill, both of which are reliant on how many mats you use for this.
Unlike Junk Destroyer, however, this is guaranteed at least two kills or negates (factoring in the Tuner).

Then, while it's a Pendulum, we have a Stardust-esque effect for targeting effects like Castel, 101, Fiendish and the like. Most removal targets nowadays, so certainly has its usability.

Regarding its monster -> PS effect, it is a lot more flexible than Odd-Eyes Rebellion is; at the very least, you can maintain your ability to P-Summon or set up from nothing.
Scale 3 summons most of the usual stuff that you'd probably want out.

Although, only Decks that run Pendulums + can use this effectively, given the requirements are Shaddolls and D/D's to a degree.
Shaddolls have Zefranaga and Zefracore, but they aren't run in most builds anyway. (You can use Falco + Winda to make this in there, I suppose)
D/D's CAN P-Summon, but from my knowledge of the Deck, they tend not to do it too often.

Even if you don't turn it into a P-Scale, it is still a walking BTS on a 2.5K body; despite the card itself being out of fashion nowadays in favor of Chain.
I have some issues with it being able to hit multiple cards at once with only a single discard (although on average, you hit 2-3 cards)

Suppose you can also use it to negate your own monster effects from backfiring on you that turn, if any exist.

Forest Fire
B/U: 43
C: 14
O: 18
Total: 75

So basically, this card is meant to be an OPT attack magnet that forces your opponent to attack it and boosts a bit when it does battle.
While yes, it is nice for saving your smaller monsters from being killed, remember that you do not get to choose the target.

To be fair though, the only thing this has over other Machine Synchros is that it can force the opponent to attack it, and lose their monster.
Attack lock does kind of kill its usage IMO; 2900 ATK is about right on a Level 8 and it takes a while for it to really get to the point where opponent has to worry.

(While yeah, you still have Limiter Removal and stuff to deal with, it's not really any different from other Machines that have similar stats to this)

P-effect-wise, it just restricts you from SSing other monsters.

Dragon Sage
B/U: 49
Total: 84

If we didn't have D'Arc already reversing the burn damage, this would probably be nice in D/D's. It is nice for getting rid of Covenant burn and other stuff if you lack D'Arc or Leonidas (if you still run him), but you should have D'Arc out already by then. I am not sure if you can use Pendulum Cards as Fusion Materials, as by that point, they're Spell Cards and not monsters, so can't really make them that way. At least you don't need to blow up any Scales to set him when he goes, so that helps.

Scale-wise, it's an 11; which is rather high (but since it needs to be Fusion Summoned first and then destroyed first, it should be fine).
Going into the effect, it essentially allows you to summon Caesar Ragnarok, Kali Yuga, Alexander, D'Arc, Tell, Caesar at the cost of burning your LP at the end.

P-Effect-wise, it does violate usual rules for P-Summoning from the Extra Deck to some extent, but it helps get out the Extra Deck 'mons without having to either use Howling to revive Lilith on Alexander, or the other stuff. (Temujin and D'Arc should already be Fusion Summoned without issues tbh). Then again though, the LP burn is rather negligible since D'Arc will usually reverse it. That, and it still allows for you to press for game without being subjected to burn until later.

If this were like Abyss Ragnarok's thing (burn on summon), I suppose it wouldn't be as bad.

Dramatic Crossroad
B/U: 50
Total: 85

Well, I do have to admit that lack of Pendulums for RRs isn't really great for them + this card's usage in the Deck as a P-monster, but we'll probably see some in the anime later on. it does help recover your banished resources so you can re-use them, especially Raid Force and stuff.

3000 ATK on a non-generic 3-mat R7 is about right; though you're likely to make this off Revolution anyway via RUMs.
Being immune to SSed monsters fits in with the RR theme (although opponent probably won't attack it anyway, given its boss-level stats)

P-effect-wise, it runs well with Impale Lanius so you can SS previously banished stuff and do things.

To be honest, simple stat gaining isn't particularly great (but in their case, Xyzs need that power boost to run over stuff at certain points).

Again though, it helps them with recovering resources but otherwise, outside of teching random Pendulums in RRs, doesn't seem to fit
However, you can place it in the P-Zone yourself once its usage expires.

Gadjiltron
B/U: 57
C: 18
O: 20
Total: 95

I can see this being SSed without too much fanfare, given Igknights should usually have themselves out en masse anyway. Piercing is nice for them to give that extra push on the opponent in terms of damage (coupled with Phoenix's boost). In terms of the hand shuffle thing, it probably won't hurt you too much since you can likely search it again by by blowing up one of your other Igknights.

Maybe 2 cards would be better, but like you, I'm still a bit unfamiliar with Igknights, even after taking a look at their effects + playstyle, so can't say with certainty that 2 cards would be a better idea for a cost. I don't think you'll have a 2nd copy of this on-board however, although I could probably suggest a hard OPT (but likely not needed).

P-effect definitely works alongside their Main Deck effects, since it'll search stuff when blown up. Limited to Igknights though, but that's what you want anyway. Being able to change the Scales to 2 helps in the event you don't have the scale 2s on-hand (although I think you should at least have 1 in hand anyway).

Anonymous
B/U: 48
C: 15
Total: 81

You indeed gave them a new boss monster, besides Leviathan. Indeed, while I don't particularly agree on it being able to search/recover 3 cards everytime it gets Synchro or Pendulum Summoned, it does require some noticeable effort to make, so recovery in that degree should be fine (although given the wording, discard is OPTIONAL; but you probably will do it anyway).

Scale-wise, yeah it's a Scale 12 so you definitely need a restriction; otherwise things get messy. If you want to P-Summon this without having another copy of this out in the P-Zone, indeed you need a rather full field investment (although they can fill the SSing part without too much difficulty, looking at their stuff).

However, it does break some of the mechanics involving Pendulum Summoning (and like a lot of other Archetypes, there exists no other Pendulums that Fableds can use that don't require a lot of space + break consistency).

P-effect wise, it basically ensures that Fableds will always trigger their effects when discarded. Although by turning itself into a Pendulum, it also supports Fableds with their effect triggering and stuff like that.

Silenth
B/U: 40
C: 12
O: 18.5
Total: 70.5

Well, the most this card is going to P-Summon with that effect of its is Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon (assuming you get a Scale 8 somehow).

But yeah, I don't think Quasar needs any more support than it already does (but yes, it does make it more accessible for Decks who don't run T.G. builds or whatever else can spam Librarian + whatever Level 5 + Formula nowadays). While yeah, this technically allows repeatable Synchros now, it does however have the side effect of returning non-Pendulums to the Extra Deck though when you make something.

Although with that in mind, the last effect does activate when it's used for Synchro Summoning as well (since it is leaving the field at this point), so exactly how would that work here?

lightdiversion
B/U: 52
O: 18 (basically some capitalization + other grammmatical things in standard English & usual OCG stuff.)
Total: 87

If you Rank-Up from Devil Eagle (tbh, that's the only way you're doing this in RR), then this card pumps based on how powerful your opponent's SS monsters are.
But that's how RRs work anyway; punish the opponent for SSing, since it makes your 'mons stronger.

On its own, 2K ATK isn't too bad on a Rank 4 (albeit it being non-generic + restricted to DARK monsters, but RRs fill that already).

While yes, I am not really fond of this thing being a simple beater in its monster form (simple stat increasing is getting repetitive). however, RR Xyz are on the lower end of attacking power, so they can appreciate the boost. That and as mentioned, you need to Rank-Up from Devil Eagle and stuff. Yeah, you can always pop another RR if you P-Summon this without mats (or you run out), so it helps a bit. Even if you blow up your other RRs, you still have means to revive/recur them, so that isn't too bad.

Being able to grant effect immunity is nice though, although it just prevents the opponent from triggering backrow on you + other things.
Doesn't really do much to block the opponent's stuff otherwise, from what I'm getting out of the card.

That, and it more/less forces you to kill the opponent's strongest monsters, although you'll probably do it anyway.

Black
B/U: 55
C: 18
O: 19 (Basically some capitalization stuff + other minor things regarding conjunctions and stuff; effect is otherwise understandable for most part)
Total: 92

While I find this card's effect to be treated as a regular monster (Level-wise), it isn't something that Creation/Destruction Magician already don't do. (Although yes, it does require that it be destroyed while it gets P-Summoned, so a bit slow).

One thing I am a bit confused about is regarding its detach effect. You target a Tuner monster + then this card becomes that Level.
I'm going to assume that's the case here, but yes it does fuel for Level 8s like Scarright and whatever is common nowadays.

P-effect wise, it either tutors/floats a Tuner, which again helps them out a bit. On normal cases, I would probably say that the banishing part is a bit much, but given that it is still Rank 4 material for whatever + can fuel Synchros, due to its effects, banishing it in a P-Zone is a good call.

Scale isn't great, but it's enough to summon most relevant monsters out so you're fine there.

Ascension115
B/U: 40
C: 14
Total: 72

Personally, I'm not a fan of Burning Abyss much, but setting that aside, let's see what we have here.

Basically an upgrade of Virgil (you have two ways of summoning this; spam whatever Level 3 BA + Rubic OR original Virgil + Rubic). Both of this card's effects trigger BAs when they hit the Graveyard, so yeah it triggers even more of their plays.

Then, we have its P-effect; first of which prevents main Deck BAs from blowing up due to Archetype xenophobia; you can run non-BAs for plays. Given the nature of BAs, this card will end up pumping them further with its second effect.

Also, we have its last effect of returning cards in the Graveyard and getting draws. Ideally, you'll probably end up shuffling your own Graveyard back, BUT you also have free reign to mess with the opponent's Grave as well, and get to plus off of it. If it were restricted to your own Graveyard, I'd be fine with this, but as-is, not so much.

JamesMuddy
B/U: 49
C: 16
O: 19 (missing "card" in the Pendulum Zone moving effect, and wording of its Nomi effect)
Total: 84

Well, this card appears to be intended to be summoned via one of the Stardust Dragons; but there's also Stardust Warrior too. Stardust Chronicle/Warrior + Formula OR one of the Level 8 Stardusts + Phonon Pulse. There's that Level 6 one (Stardust Assault Warrior), but where are you going to find a Level 6 Synchro Tuner aside from maybe Accel Synchron + milling a Level 1 Tuner first.

That being said, I am not really fond of this card being treated as Level 8 in the ED, especially on a 3700 body that is only weak to Castel for the most part (and is P-Summonable with another copy + somehow getting a Scale 9/10 from Pendulum Shift); however I don't really see you making a 2nd copy so probably from Shift.

Sure, you can't revive it from the Graveyard if opponent decides to Warning it or something, but yeah it'll just keep reviving itself if you have the appropriate Scales. There is no Scale 13 yet, but likely there won't be any (given all available Level 11/12s thus far are either Extra Deck OR have Nomi conditions). Although yeah, you technically have to Synchro Summon Formula again after making Chronicle or something (or make Phonon), so there's that. It does take 1 of your opponent's cards in the process of making it a Pendulum itself, but I guess it's okay; given the hard OPT (and you need a card in the P-Zone anyway).

P-effect wise, it does allow you to return your Nomi Synchros (like Chronicle if you indeed summoned this card using it or a dead Quasar, etc) and get a card out of it.

[spoiler=Scoreboard]

1st - Gadjiltron - 94

2nd - Black - 92

3rd - Striker - 89.5

4th - lightdiversion - 87

I'll leave it open for a couple hours before I award points + other prizes.

P.S. JamesClean, would you mind giving me the link to where you got the pic for your card?

Alright, give me a sec.

(Did the grades in a word processor, so not really easy to show fixes)

Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Fiend-Type monsters. During your Main Phase, instead of conducting your normal Pendulum Summon this turn: You can Pendulum Summon 1 "D/D/D" Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck whose Level/Rank is between the Scales of Pendulum Cards you control in Pendulum Zones, but if you do, take damage equal to the ATK of that monster during the End Phase. You can only activate the effect of "D/D/D Ozymandias the Sandstorm Overlord" once per turn.

Monster Effect:

3 "D/D" monsters
If you Fusion Summon this card, you can also use cards in your Pendulum Zones as Fusion Materials. If you would take damage from a card effect: You can inflict that damage to your opponent, instead. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in an unoccupied Pendulum Zone on your side of the field.1 of your unoccupied Pendulum Zones.

-------
Last one should probably be checked against new wording that probably came out in CORE, but otherwise I fully understood what you intended to convey here. (Basically, minor stuff)

Flavor-wise, it does fit into the naming convention + theming them off of ancient leaders.

Clarification about my card's eff:

The Pend eff is meant to bring face-down copies of this card to the field since it is a Pendulum. Although Rebelion is an option too.

The eff to place it on P Zone is optional. So you may choose where you want it to go after synchronized or whatever caused it to leave field. Why would you put this on pend zone is quite obvious.

Anyway, still enjoyed this month's contest. the winner entries are well deserved, i personally liked gadj's card more. its so good!

At least you clarified some more stuff, so it helps. (I kind of figured that would be the case)

I may have overlooked that fact that it can SS other copies of itself, given that part of the grading was done around 1-2 am in the morning (around this time).

But yeah, you'd want it in the P-Zone to generate more fodder for this card (or OERD).

Luckily, there exist no other Extra Deck Pendulum Monsters at the moment, but it's likely there will be some in the near future.

I guess I accidentally deleted the part where you could declare a level between 1 and Whatever I chose, which I think was 6. I can't remember exactly.

Also, Grading a card on the quality of its scale seems wrong, when it makes sense for a card to have a mediocre scale of its powrrful. Like OERD or OEPD.

The Scale part wasn't factored in too much to be honest (though it'd help in seeing what Decks could feasibly use it for future P-Summoning and all, especially if Archetypal support). 

In some of the cases, I did have to

In a nutshell, I am impressed with the entries that came in, and the submissions that came out of it.

At this time, I'll go ahead + give out the awards.

Because it is approaching the start of the college semester, there will not be a CC Monthly for August.

Depending on how circumstances turn out, it will resume in September.

---------

If you all have further questions about grading, feel free to PM.

Once again, thanks to all of you who participated + congratulations to the winners.

Archived