[Finished]CC Monthly Series [July 2015] <<JUDGING PHASE>>

Refer to this thread for any specific information regarding the policies of the CC Monthly. 

Theme

Design an Extra Deck Pendulum Card.

(Remember Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon? Now it's your turn to design an ED Pendulum)

Make sure that you use realistic Types/Attributes, stats and above all, good card design while creating your card. 

Aside from the above, the rest of the card's design is left up to you.

Surprise us.

Remember, this is an unexplored mechanic, so you pretty much have free reign to do whatever you'd like for this contest.

Just as a clarification thing, Synchro/Fusion monsters do not need the first effect that OERD has [they have Levels, so standard rules for Pendulums should still apply], so you can omit that. As for Xyz Pendulums, you will need it for obvious reasons.

Helpful Threads

http://forum.yugiohc...before-posting/
http://forum.yugiohc...d-design-guide/
http://forum.yugiohc...ds-and-casuals/

Deadline

July 27th, 2015 @ 11:30 pm Hawaiʻi Standard Time (GMT -10:00)

If you need help determining what time it'll be in your area when deadline hits, use this converter.
(Select USA - Hawaii - Honolulu in the "convert to" area)

For your safety, I highly recommend that you turn in your entries when it reaches 11:30 pm in your respective timezones to avoid confusion; unless you live in the Polynesian islands or another location between the dateline and Hawaiʻi (but I do not foresee this to occur).

Entry Fee

None, you just need to state your interest + provide an entry card with an appropriate explanation. 

Rules

1. Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section.

Please remember to abide by / follow them in this contest. 

2. Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; do not use the cardmaker to generate a picture-less image.

Just type it out in text format. 

3. When posting a card, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for the judges to read your effect.

Also make sure that you post it properly using the cardmaker. 

4. You are allowed to make edits to your card until the deadline, HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product. 

Make sure that you use spellcheck on your work before the deadline ends.

5. The usage of Fake Types / Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden.
You are expected to design a card that adheres to the current standards set by Konami (usage of the existing 23 legal Types + 6 Attributes).

Also remember to abide by the max. 5000 ATK/DEF rules for original stats.

6. It goes without saying, but your card should have an effect that allows it to become a Pendulum Scale. You can choose not to have a Pendulum Effect, however.

Otherwise, it'll just be an ED monster that can recurred with P-Summon, and is no better than that of a Main Deck Pendulum.

Prizing

1st - 3000 points + 3 reps + membership in custom group for a month.
2nd - 2000 points + 2 reps
3rd -  1000 points + 1 rep

Additional prizes will be given out, if needed. 

Keep in mind prizes are subject to change, based on participation turnout and entry quality.

Participants

• Forest Fire
  • JamesClean
  • Striker
  • lightdiversion
  • Gadjiltron
  • Anonymous
  • Dragon Sage
  • Black
  • Ascension115
  • Dramatic Crossroad
  • ReneTCG
  • Silenth

Judges

1. Sakura

I will allow up to 2 members to help out with the grading; make sure you provide a sample of your work + how you will be grading.

Also make sure you know what you're doing.

Scoring

Sakura's Criteria

Balance / Usability: 60

Creativity: 20

OCG: 20

Total: 100

(I have the details up in the informational thread, but most of this is common sense by now.)

------
If you have any questions, either post in this thread or send me a PM. 

Best of luck to all participants.

Welcome aboard.

Hopefully this one turns out better than last month's.

As for how you're going to make the cards, you can either write them or use one of the many options.

1. Use the one in General by The Programmer.

2. Use the XCF/PSD ones that Zextra and I collaborate on (in GFX tutorials); I'm uploading a V3.5-ish thing, so you have more customization for it.

That, and some aesthetic changes.

If you need a link, here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/330737-zextra-pendulum-template-v3-includes-xyz/

--------

Forest Fire / JamesClean added.

[spoiler=Shamutan, Dragon of the Shadows]

w6v1o3.png

Pendulum Effect: During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that would target a monster(s) on the field: You can send this card to the Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can place this card in one of your Pendulum Zones.

Monster Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 or more DARK non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can discard 1 card to target a number of cards on the field up to the number of Synchro Material Monsters used for its Synchro Summon; destroy them. Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase: You can discard 1 card to target a number of monsters, up to the number of Synchro Material Monsters used for this card's Synchro Summon; negate those target's effects, until the end of the turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in an unoccupied Pendulum Zone OR destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zones, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

[spoiler Entry]scvkXBM.jpg

Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Machine-Type monsters. This effect cannot be negated.

Monster Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 or more Machine-Type Non-Tuner Monsters
This card cannot attack. Once per turn, during each of your your opponent's Battle Phase, any monsters they control that can attack this card must. Whenever another monster attacks this card, it gains 100 ATK permanently. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as possible, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

[spoiler=A Dusty Entry]y8SqXFB.jpg

Pendulum Effect: You can only Pendulum Summon Fiend-type monsters. During your Main Phase, instead of conducting your normal Pendulum Summon this turn: You can Pendulum Summon 1 "D/D/D" Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck whose Level/Rank is between the Scales of Pendulum Cards you control in Pendulum Zones, but if you do, take damage equal to the ATK of that monster during the End Phase. You can only activate the effect of "D/D/D Ozymandias the Sandstorm Overlord" once per turn.

Monster Effect:

3 "D/D" monsters
If you Fusion Summon this card, you can also use cards in your Pendulum Zones as fusion materials. If you would take damage from a card effect, you can inflict that damage to your opponent instead. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in an unoccupied Pendulum Zone on your side of the field.

Based off Ramses the Great, one of the most well-known Pharaohs and probably the one who was the most well-known outside his grave. I used the name the ancient greeks gave him, to easily distinguish from the other pharaohs with that name.

Has the ability to throw out the other bosses at the drop of a hat by sacrificing your Pendulum Summoning ability. And the monster becomes dead in the grave afterwards. The monster effect puts pressure on your opponent to remove it, really.

And you can pretty much use both "D/D" and "D/D/D" monsters for the Fusion Summon.

I'd like to participate in this :) 
As Rebecca Black used to sing: "fun fun fun fun".

ENTRY ADDED! :)

[spoiler=RR - Triumph Falcon]

11rspwm.jpg

RaidRaptor - Triumph Falcon (DARK)

[<5][5>

[Pendulum Effect: All "Raidraptor" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from a monster you control; send up to 3 of your banished "Raidraptor" or/and "Rank-Up Magic" cards to the Graveyard.

[ Winged Beast / Xyz / Pendulum / Effect ]

3 Level 7 "Raidraptor" monsters

If you can Pendulum Summon Level 7 or/and Xyz Summon Rank 7, you can Summon this face-up card from your Extra Deck using the chosen Summoning method. Once per turn: you can place this card in your unoccupied Pendulum Card Zone OR target 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster you control that has Xyz Materials attached; detach 1 Xyz Material from the target and if you do, it gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's Special Summoned monsters (with attacks or effects).

ATK/3000 DEF/2000

[spoiler=trivia]

My idea was to make a balanced follow-up of "Revolution Falcon", although looking at it now, i think i went a bit overboard with the ATK maybe... The card was intended to fit the RaidRaptor trend of "do all your can on your own turn and hope to survive until your next". Since there aren't any other Pendulum RRs yet i've given quite the pendulum effects to boot - attack increase and banishment recycles (and RR tend to banish themselves a lot). The monster effects are maybe on the generic part as well, but well... if its predecessors could easily de-swarm the field, this one needed to do something else (like why not a 4000 ATK).

What it inherited though is the opposition to Special Summoned monsters, triumphant immunity "You can't rain on my parade!".

Also...The 2500ATK protagonist cliché doesn't apply to it, since Kurosaki is a friendly rival type of character, so i decided to to use the 3000ATK friendly-rival-trend.

Entry going up.

igknight-matador.png

[spoiler Card Text]Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: You can have this card's Pendulum Scale become 2 until the end of this turn. If this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed by your card effect: You can add 1 face-up "Igknight" Normal Pendulum Monster Card from your Extra Deck to your hand.

Monster Effect: 3 "Igknight" Pendulum Monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by destroying the above monsters you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) If an "Igknight" monster you control attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Igknight" card from your hand into the Deck; your opponent shuffles 1 card of their choice from their hand into the Deck. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in 1 of your unoccupied Pendulum Zones.

[spoiler Design Notes]I have a lot of trouble trying to design Pendulum Cards for archetypes without them. Can't be helped - Pendulums usually come in pairs. Qliphorts are already pretty bonkers, so I've settled for the next less bonkers thing - Igknights.

Ignoring RML madness or Tyrant's Throes locks, Igknights still have some fierce search power, but it's pinned down by the overall resources you need to sacrifice to keep tutoring. The boss monsters are cool and easy to put down, but since I'm designing a Fusion Pendulum, I need to account for its constant presence and the fact that it's constantly available throughout the game. Hence you have to give up 3 Pendulum Monsters for this - and cards in Pendulum Zones do not qualify unlike Avenger and Stinger.

The card itself starts by granting Igknights piercing. A humble effect, but still pretty helpful in breaking out of board-stalled stalemates. Such is the problem when you have incredible tenacity but not a lot of bite. Second effect gives another form of control to round off the boss trios, allowing you some hand attack at the cost of some of the advantage you've tutored up. 2 cards as a cost felt too steep to me, although I'm slightly uneasy about 1 card.

Like many other ED Pendulums, if this card goes down it can slip into an unoccupied Pendulum Zone. It's a little rare to see Igknights without any vacancies around since they can open things up at will, so there's no need for this card to make space to slip in.

As a Pendulum card, it starts with the flexibility of being Scale 2 or 7, constantly allowing you access to Pendulum Summons if necessary. If this card does get blown up by your own effect, usually because you've chose to tutor with an Igknight for some reason (you probably already have 3 at ready in the Extra Deck for the next Pendulum Summon), you can recycle one of your Normal Igknights to at least relieve a bit of the advantage you've given up to get this card here. Note that an opponent can carefully time a Speed 2 S/T destruction effect on this card to deny you both the tutor and the recycle.

For the curious, a MATADOR is a Man-portable Anti-Tank, Anti-DOoR rocket launcher of sorts, hence the piercing and decent ATK is for pushing through walls.

I feel generally uneasy due to my lack of experience with the more recent Pendulum-using archetypes past Qliphorts. Hopefully this goes over well...

I would like to join in on this Contest. This is an interesting idea that makes for a good challenge.

Less joining other contests, more judging your own ;p

My card #Fabled5ever ;p

[spoiler=Fabled Apollious]

cDMIvsP.png

[spoiler=Lore]

Pendulum effect:

You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Fabled" monsters.  This effect cannot be negated. If a card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard by the effect of a "Fabled" monster: It is treated as being discarded instead.

Monster effect:

1 "Fabled" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If you control 4 "Fabled" monsters you can Pendulum Summon this card ignoring active Pendulum Scales. When this card is Synchro or Pendulum Summoned: Add 3 "Fabled" cards from your Deck or/and your Graveyard to your hand, than you can discard from your hand number of cards equal to the number of "Fabled" monsters added by this cards effect. If this card in your Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can discard 1 card; place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

[spoiler=Design decisions]

Name - based on fallen angel Apollyon.

Level - Previous Fabled boss monster was 10 so I gone 1 step higher

Scale - So you can P.Summon other copies of itself

Pendulum effedt: Summon restriction for obvious reasons. The 2nd part is to make most of normal "Fabled" (not "The Fabled") more useful because for some reason most of them "send" instead of "discarding" for their effects, which nullifies the purpose of the archetype.

Monster effect: A way to P.Summon it if there is no propper scale (Scale 12 is hard to come by) and busting out 4 "Fableds" is not hard. The "active Pendulum Scale" frase comes from "Zefra Path" spell. Adding 3 cards is not much, sine you will "waste" at least this much to bust out this card; being able to discard instantly is to give a better flow.

I had some trouble with the picture maker, so for now ill leave it as written till i find a place for pendulum cards maker.

[spoiler=entry]

Neo Army Lazer XL1000

Machine/Tuner/Synchro/Pendulum/Effect

Scales: 2

P.E.: Once per turn: You can flip 1 face-down Pendulum Card in your Extra Deck face-up, also, this turn, it can be Pendulum Summoned ignoring all its Summoning Conditions.

M.E.: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

If this card is Special Summoned: You can make all other monsters you control become Level 4. If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster, shuffle all non-Pendulum monsters used for that Synchro Summon into the Deck. If this card would leave the Monster Zone, you can place it on 1 of your unnocupied Pendulum Zones.

1700 / 1900

quasar ftw

Archived