[PKMN] Tournament of Legends [IC]

Ren✧

Naomi wasn't sure what was going on anymore. It seemed like a lot of needless panic. "Why can't any *yawn* one jus do this calmly?" She said, tilting her head as she watched her Pokemon continue the rescue operation. It was bad, for sure, but Naomi has always found the calm route was the best one. She considered taking a nap to show everyone there was nothing to worry about.

That seemed like a good idea, she had only slept half the day so far after all.

She was just about to get ready to curl up on the ground when Cresselia's strained voice came to her mind. "Guardian...nearby...there's a familiar...presence. I can't...investigate so you must in my stead."

Naomi let out a groan and looked to the sky. "Fiiiine, which way I gotta go?" Cresselia sent a strange feeling to Naomi's mind. The young girl felt a chill coming off of a girl nearby, a girl who had just collapsed. "Finally someone who understands." She said, making her way towards the group that was gathering.

"Heya, yer friend there's smart, was jus wonderin' do any ivya know Cresselia? She said she knows someone over here." Naomi gave a goofy grin, seemingly oblivious to the situation around her.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wkF52NI.pngkL461Wk.png

'Headlong into...!!' Meloetta gasped as she pondered this aloud. She remembered sensing something wrong with that lighthouse even before Prof. Guelder made a step towards it, and now all of a sudden the Melody Pokemon began to fear that her fellow Pokemon Professor was walking into a trap. Panicking, Meloetta immediately vanished from where she was standing, only to materialize right in front of the entrance to the lighthouse.

"I'm sorry Professor, but I can't let you go through here," warned Meloetta, "Something's just very wrong with this picture."

"I see," Prof Guelder paused briefly, before reaching for yet another Poke Ball from her belt and pressing the button, "Ghoscht, out vis you."

The fourth Pokemon to be released was a Drapion, but not just any Drapion. He had metal plating around its neck, and around the center of plating was a Mega Stone, specifically a Drapionite. The next thing Prof. Geulder did was press her hand on her Mega Bracelet and channel energy through it; this in turn caused Ghost to transform, growing a more muscular chest tail, forearms and legs in an instant. With the newly Mega Evolved Ghost at her side, Prof. Guelder made one last visual check on the other sent Pokemon's status, only to just see a Houndoom about to charge up a Dark Pulse. This called for a new plan.

"Return," Prof. Guelder pulled Drapion back to its ball, before hurling it on the air again, "I need you ofer zere!"

As the Poke Ball soared into the air, it released the still Mega Evolved Drapion, who had crossed his arms and curved into a cannonball, bracing for impact. He took the full blow of the Dark Pulse that was aimed at a Latias, barely receiving enough pain to register that he had taken the hit in the first place, before splashing into the ocean below. Eventually, Ghost muscled his way back afloat, although he was still a while away from shore. Now that that cowardly attack was no longer a threat, Prof. Guelder moved further away from the lighthouse and observed the other Pokemon and their trainers lend a hand with the boats, noting that one of them was kept afloat thanks entirely to a Cresselia's psychic powers. Prof. Guelder smirked at the convenience of it; it would no longer be a race against time to save lives.

"Felfet, Titan, taken sie das adfantage of zee situation at hant!" she pointed to the boat that had been kept afloat as she gave her command to the two Pokemon, before turning to the Garchomp that was still in the water, "Seferus, vee vill need Ghoscht aschore for zis next battle. Zat Houndoom is not goink anyvere."

Severus nodded, and, after fetching a tourist who'd fell into the drink, grabbed Ghost's tail and muscled the two of them onto the docks in front of them. As the two land-based Pokemon prepared for battle, Velvet and Titan reached the boat, with Titan digging his fangs into one side of the boat so the tourists could clamber onto his nice, long Gyarados body. One brave soul hung tightly onto Velvet's fur however, despite only being a child and not having traveled in the air by a Volcarona before. Although she had difficulty taking off due to the extra weight, Velvet managed to stay airborne just long enough for the child to land safely on the ground, before returning to see how Titan was doing. She'd rather be attacking the Carvahna and Sharpedo below the surface, but that was covered by other Pokemon. 

WKRJ2Jz.png

Unaware of the chaos that'd ensued, Damian internally celebrated the success from testing out a Rhyperiorite-enhanced Warchief, his total number of Staryu Chips at hand skyrocketing all the way to 9. He left himself one chip short on purpose however, as he'd still yet to track down a Magnezone to steal from an unsuspecting fool. But, even though he searched everywhere, there was no Magnezone to be found. As he got to a pier though...

"Hoooooly mother of..." Damian was outright speechless, and his face went white with shock. So this was what was going on, people dying, other Guardians taking the time to save lives, and those jabroni Legend Hunters trying to sabotage their efforts. Damian clutched his head in agony.

"No," he muttered, "It'll know. It's gonna know."

'What's gonna know?' Show Stopper asked in a sarcastic tone, 'You're not making any sense.'

"That big red Flying-type Pokemon," Damian said, "That we supposedly "saved" from that base one time. Yveltal I think its name is,"

'...so?'

"It's gonna know something's up. And when it finds out, it'll blow everyone to smithereens!"

'That's a load Tauros sh-...'

"IS IT, REALLY??!!" by now, all the color that could've possibly been left in Damian skin was all but gone. Even the out-of-whack shriek he made had managed to freeze Show Stopper in place. Eventually though, the floating Masquerain began to speak to him again.

'What in Yveltal's name has gotten into you?' she asked.

'I don't know,' Damian replied hastily in his mind, although this time he wasn't able to speak it aloud, 'I don't even...'

'I'd start over there,' Show Stopper said, pointing one of her wings in the direction of a group that had separated themselves from the chaos. As he went in that direction, Damian immediately recognized Naomi. However, there were also a couple of girls and a guy that he didn't even know, and one of them was unconscious. Of course, Damian himself remained as white as a ghost, and slowly approached them in his usual disguise as a girl... although the state of shock wasn't planned.

"What's wrong?" he asked nervously, "I-is everyone alr-right?"

Following after the young man, Jason froze at the sight of the Latias. Completely unsure of what to do, he turned to the young man, reaching out to grab him by the collar of his shirt, then lift him slightly. "You have one of those... things." Jason was seething his face turning red and his breathing heavy as his speech came between gritted teeth, he was good at hiding his fear with a false anger.

"But... you're using it to help people..." Jason muttered to himself, conflict rising in the young man. What the f*ck am I supposed to do? I can't stop him from helping those people, but at the same time... he has one... Jason's thoughts were erupting in his mind, frozen in place as his arms trembled from how hard he had started to clench himself there.

Jason then looked in the direction of the chaos, a Cresselia aiding as well. The conflict in him only increasing at this point, releasing the young man in front of him from his grip. "Fine. Just know this: I will be watching." His voice much more menacing than usual, something completely out of character for him. Though, fear does that to people. He had seen people move in the direction of the lighthouse, and had decided it would probably be best to follow suite. 

There was just too much going on, Jason couldn't cope. So his legs kept moving, eventually coming across a woman was who had just released a Mega Drapion to aid the scene moments before and had commanded her other Pokemon. "Your Pokemon are much more well-suited to aid in this situation than mine." He stated, looking towards the chaos once more as he watched all the Pokemon, including the legendaries and those trying to stop them.

Pride swam with all it's might, slamming and thrashing into the Carvana and Shapedo as hard as possible. The fish pokemon fell limply in the water from the water pokemons powerful strikes. Even for it's size, Pride was almost untouchable in the water, just like any water type monster would be. He bellowed a proud screech as he continued to swim. "Stop showing off. Finish the job you have been given."  Greed yelled at the penguin pokemon, who in turn glared at his trainer but went back to fighting the other water types still attacking.

Greed's attention shifted suddenly as he sniffed the air and smirked. "More of them huh....." His eyes darted around, catching sight of the Latias flying around, which had just barely escaped the attack of a Houndoom by means of a poke-shield. "Curious..." His hand flickered to one of his pokeballs and dropped it by his side. Out popped Envy who looked at her trainer. "Envy, you have a choice.....go after the Cresselia....or the Latias. I dont care which one, but make sure it doesnt escape.....unharmed..." He chuckled as Envy snorted and leapt out towards the Cresselia, hoping to catch it off guard long enough to try to land on it's back.

The situation had gotten hectic, it was practically an all-out-war out there, while Luna waited for her opportunity.

A Mega-Drapion? Well that was an interesting one, a powerful foe. Luna felt herself get more excited for this hunt. This one wouldn’t be a total pushover, finally a challenge. A twinge of pain went through her head, and her mood soured slightly.
“Dammit. Arbok see that Meloetta?” The legendary was near the lighthouse entrance, hovering in plain sight. A foolish mistake, likely brought on by this chaos. “Use Gunk Shot, bring the b**** down. And if it tries to counter-attack, Sucker Punch.” She clutched her key stone and suddenly the Arbok transformed, growing in size and power. It then slithered out of hiding and shot a large gob of poisonous gunk at the tiny legend. The power behind the attack, against something with such weak physical defenses, combined with the possible poison status, would weaken the legend greatly at very least.
And then they could go in for the kill.

Cresselia felt it as the aggressive Pokemon reached her. She knew it was not a wild Pokemon, thus she realized that a hunter was after her. However she had to focus on helping these people. So she used a Calm Mind to increase her focus and allow her Psychic to become more powerful.
She sent out a mental warning to Naomi, hoping the girl wasn’t too distracted to notice...

[spoiler=Please note] I can’t exactly have Naomi react yet since stuff has to happen before that and she just recently did a thing.

Oz had been soaring the skies, picking up any stragglers that were left in the water along with Chief.  But now things were getting crazy!  He had seen a white and red blur pass him by a few times, and now there was a Cresselia holding up a ship with it's Psychic powers!  A group of trainers had gathered, they must've been the ones already helping.

"Those idiots!  If they are who I think they are, then they've just ruined everything!  Why didn't you tell me there were guardians here sooner Palkia?!"  The dragon gave a long sigh.

"You and I both know that there were going to be those like us here.  Although these guardians seem to protect...lesser...beings."  These pokemon were quite small in comparison to his Palkia.  Maybe the guardians thought they'd go unnoticed, but those thoughts were idiotic.  The group was now under attack.  Oz couldn't tell where the Dark Pulse had come from, but it was aimed for the Latias.  Thankfully, a member of the gathering group had unleashed what looked to be a Mega Drapion that absorbed the attack with ease.  

"They seemed to be skilled, but that's about all...no brains about them."  Chief dropped Oz off in the midst of the group.  "Hi, names Oz.  No time to talk.  Things are crazy.  Just know i'm on your side!"  He looked towards the lighthouse.  There standing in broad daylight was a Meleotta, and on it's way to the pokemon was a large glob of what he assumed was a poisonous attack.  Calculating the trajectory, he saw the attack was coming from a Mega Arbok.  "Interesting, Chief, make your way over there and use Brave Bird!"  With a mighty call, Chief flapped his wings with ferocity and charged towards the Mega Arbok.  It's head feathers glew with intensity, and the air around Chief swirled with energy.  

OOC: Since I can't post as Damian just yet and am debating what Prof. Guelder should do, I'll just post as Meloetta... since they're apparently separate all of a sudden :/

kL461Wk.png

Meloetta breathed a heavy sigh, and looked down at the Poke Ball that Prof. Guelder had given her. She remembered that she was free to use it whenever she got into trouble. Quite frankly however, both Meloetta and Prof. Guelder had dove head-first into this whole mess, although the former had only done so reluctantly. Now all of a sudden, the good Pokemon Professor had stretched herself thin, trying to contain as much of the chaos as she could. It was only a matter of time before...

"Use Gunk Shot. Bring the jabroni down. And if it tries to counter-attack, Sucker Punch."

"Huh?" Meloetta looked behind her, only to see the incoming mass of pure poison coming straight for her, "Oh, sheet!!"

In her panic, Meloetta had dropped the Poke Ball she was holding and jumped over to the left. As it hit the ground, the Poke Ball shot out a beam of red light, revealing a small Pokemon that resembled a bunch of keys. This was a Klefki, who had ended up taking the full brunt of the Gunk Shot. No doubt being a Steel-type meant that Klefki would come out of it unharmed, and it shook it off like it water, but it was not amused nonetheless.

"I'm sorry, Carerra, that didn't quite go as planned," Meloetta apologized, "Right now I'll need your help,"

Carerra sighed, but nodded. Overhead, a Braviary that was commanded by another trainer had soared overhead, going straight for the Arbok that had launched the cheap shot with looked to be a Brave Bird. Meloetta would have to thank the human later, but there was only one way to repay that.

"Let's do this Carerra; Thunder Wave!" In an instant, Carerra charged up all the static electricity it could muster in its tiny body, and shot it straight at the Arbok.

At first Carter didn't register the people that had gathered, only focused on the young girl with pink hair that had so extravagantly made her entrance moments before. And could anyone really blame him?  They had all just witnessed a terrorist attack for goodness sake and then to add to that, he had just witnessed the love his life collapse after she literally started to smoke. He should be afforded some leeway if he wasn't exactly put together at the moment. Still, he tried to remain. He took a deep breath. Steadying his nerves. Looking around at everyone he took stock of everyone that was there. Himself. Carbink. The pink haired girl that had crawled up out of the water. A girl dressed in far too many layers of clothing. And a woman with ebony hair.

"Listen, I need to get my girlfriend somewhere safe. It's dangerous for us to be down here. But, listen, did you say that, that it's your Cresselia over there?" Carter paused gesturing towards where the Lunar Pokemon firmly held the sinking ship in place. He was going to continue but stopped, noticing that the Legendary Pokemon had come under attack. Their conversation would have to continue later. "Carbink! Watch over Ash, don't let anyone even touch her!!!" Carter ordered, sprinting towards the Lunar Pokemon.

"Meditite, Force Palm!" Admittedly, Carter wasn't much of a battler but his Meditite was quite the scrapper and he would be damned if he let this Zoroark endanger all those people that this Cresselia was trying to protect.  

Quinn looked down concernedly at the girl. She was currently screaming as if...she had something in her head? The pinkette stood there dumbly for a couple seconds. Thinking wasn't her forte. This was more her other self's expertise...but that didn't mean she wouldn't try to help anyway. She was a heroine, after all, and heroines never backed down from a challenge. She glanced back at the sea worriedly. Makua and Apollo...well, Skymin was there to watch over them so she shouldn't worry... Turning her gaze back at to the strawberry blonde before her, the pink-haired girl pursed her lips, shaking her head. No, what to do?

"Do you have any idea what in Arceus' name is going on?" the boy next to her asked. His hair was a similar shade to hers, though more of a carrot orange with a single bleached blond highlight.

"Nuh-uh," Quinn replied, scratching her head. "Uhhh..." she was about to suggest getting a nurse or using a healing move when another girl, this one a brunette with drowsy gray-green eyes and a checkered scarf, walked over.

"Heya, yer friend there's smart, was jus wonderin' do any ivya know Cresselia? She said she knows someone over here."

Cresselia? Wasn't that...? Quinn had heard about the lunar legend from some old stories. People from her area used to create little crescent-shaped dreamcatchers to protect them from Darkrai's spell. Darkrai. The pinkette shook her head. Nah, couldn't be... Her thoughts were interrupted by a young girl with short black hair. "What's wrong? I-is everyone alr-right?"

The orange-haired boy seemed to recover his wits. "Listen, I need to get my girlfriend somewhere safe. It's dangerous for us to be down here. But, listen, did you say that, that it's your Cresselia over there?" He paused, eyes zeroing in on a point over the pinkette's shoulder. Turning her head to follow his gaze, Quinn gasped at seeing the moon legendary under attack from a Zoroark. About to help, she was beaten to the punch by the boy who released an onion-headed Pokémon. "Meditite, Force Palm!"

If that's still a Meditite...it can't be that strong, Quinn thought. Letting out a whoop, she ran after him, but skidded to a stop when she realized something. I only have Emme, Naian, and Cera with me. Emme and Naian are weak to dark moves, and Cera will sink this whole dock. Clenching her fists in frustration, the girl glanced at the sky. Apollo would be best for this but...he was still rescuing people. She couldn't take him away from that just for this. If she did...well, she didn't want a death on her conscience.

I'm sorry I can't help, she thought miserably. But...I'm a heroine...what good am I if I can't help those in need? Green eyes lit up with determination. "I'm brave, so brave. I'm a heroine. That's why..." she ran forward, toward the battle. She wasn't weak to dark moves. Yes, she was a mere human, but... But I can still do something! Reaching the lunar Pokémon, she stood in front of it protectively, arms outspread.

--

What is that loony doing now? Shaymin gaped at the ridiculous display of stupidity--or was it courage? Maybe both? Either way, this would not fly. No way was it letting its guardian get hurt defending someone that wasn't even its legend to protect. Glancing over at Apollo and Makua, who had stopped for a breather, it flew back toward its trainer. Helping others could wait for now. Already, more and more people were sending out Pokémon to rescue them. And Shaymin hadn't been doing much in the first place, far too small to give people lifts like the Volcarona could. But this...this it could do.

As the legendary hurtled through the air, visions of when it first met Quinn flashed through its head. It had been about to be killed by a hunter, but the pink-haired girl had saved it. Her courage, and later gentleness shown by the boy side had resonated with the dual-formed legend. They were both people of contrasts, doing their best to make the world a better place.

The hedgehog landed in front of its guardian, teeth bared and spines stiffened. <You are not harming Quinn!> Shaymin shouted, blazing green eyes a mirror reflection of its guardian's.

smallest_steal_zpsqqf9bwle.png

Of course, things hadn't played out as Cain was hoping for. Before he could return the Latias to its Pokeball, a blast of darkness could be seen aimed towards it. Before Cain could react, though, a large scorpion-esque Pokemon suddenly appeared and absorbed the hit. The large Pokemon seemed like it felt nothing from the blast. Cain sighed in relief, but as Latias returned to its Pokeball, he felt himself rise from the floor, a force . The young man from before had followed him, and seemed angered about something, maybe...

..."You have one of those... things." the man stated, a look of undying rage in his eyes. Cain panicked - things were definitely getting out of hand. He turned around to see the chaos unfolding. It seemed like Cain wasn't the only person with a legendary Pokemon, as he could make out what seemed to be a Cresselia. "But... you're using it to help people.." Cain turned around to the man again, who seemed conflicted and still angered. Suddenly, he let go of him. "Fine. Just know this: I will be watching." His voice made it very clear that he wasn't pleased about releasing Cain. Cain sighed in relief again, thinking that he was about to get attacked by the man. Cain returned to see how his Pokemon were doing, but it had seemed that a lot had unfolded in the short span of time.

The attack had been perfect, directly on target, but Luna hadn't expected that the POKEMON would have a POKEBALL. And coincidentally it was a Steel Type, damn. And to add to it a Braviary had let out a screech and was rushing towards her Arbok.

The Mega-Pokemon's ability to slow down opponents only worked when it Mega-Evolved or when it was sent out, the Braviary had the upper hand and would be swift enough for her Arbok to not avoid it.

Luna let out a laugh. "Finally a challenge!" She cried out. She was ecstatic, this hunt was going perfectly.

Arbok might not be able to avoid the hit, coupled with the Thunder Wave coming for it, however Luna was a fast draw. She returned the Pokemon and set out in its place her stalwart Excadrill.

The Thunder Wave was nullified by the Ground type and the Pokemon took the bird's Brave Bird without much trouble. It gave a sort-of thumbs up to Luna to show he was okay and the Hunter made her move. "Now, Rock Slide!"

The Excadrill raised its arms and a rain of rocks fell down upon their opponents. This was getting exciting.

Naomi had completely zoned out after she made her "introduction". Except for to notice yet another twintailed girl. "Twintails evry'where" She said with a slightly sad giggle. She realized there was some issue with the girl on the ground, but Naomi only felt...tired...for some reason. More than usual. Her body seemed to be shouting at her to go to sleep and protect herself but...but things, and stuff, right? She couldn't sleep yet. She had...she had....she had no reason not to sleep actually.

Naomi collapsed right there, falling into a sleep. The protective aura that activated when she fell asleep enveloped her body. There was something going on, something probing into her mind, or trying to. Something...dark.

Cresselia felt when Naomi fell asleep and she let out a sigh of relief. Her Guardian was asleep, and safe, that was good. It meant that she would be able to continue to focus on what was in front of her. There were others here, protecting her, so she had to do her best to save these people.

"Shaymin, little Meditite, thank you."

It was...unusual to see a Guardian trying to protect her in this way, other than her own, and she made a note to scold Shaymin for letting their Guardian do such a thing. "And you, human, you are brave and have my thanks. We can handle this from here."

Cresselia then used Safeguard, in an attempt to help protect those that were protecting her.

Greed's hand shot to his belt as he grabbed a brilliant pink pokeball from it. Tossing it in the air he chuckled. "Lust, come on out. I got someone for you to meet." In a brilliant flash of hearts and lights, the awkward Jynx came out of it's pokeball, swaying her hips. "Use Heart Stamp on that meditite, keep it occupied." He laughed, oh this was turning out to be so much fun for him. The Jynx almost squeeled as it rushed over to the male Meditite and was looking like it was trying to kiss is. It's lips formed the shape of a heart as she kept puckering and unpuckering  them, taking the full impact of the farce palm, which did push her back and stunned her for a moment. She shook it off, rushing back to her target, again making odd kissey faces.

Greed's attention returned to Envy. "I dont care what you have to do to win, just do it." He smirked, "I might even get two for the price of one." His eyes glinted. Envy snarled as it looked like its maw was opening, exposing the razor sharp teeth inside. The safegaurd would help protect the Shaymin and the human, but it wasn't a be all end all protect move. Envy's eyes were on her prize, any legendary her trainer told her to attack, she did. This Cresselia and Shaymin would be no other way. He might even reward Envy for grabbing up both legendaries for him. "Envy, use night Daze of whatever gets in your way. Knock out all who try to stop you, I want those Legends!" Greed bellowed, his gold eye glinting in the light. Envy howled as a wave of dark energy surrounded her and then exploded forth, aimed at Shaymin, the human, and the Cresselia.

kL461Wk.png
 All of a sudden, the Arbok was gone, and in its place was the obligatory Ground-type to absorb Carerra's Thunder Wave effortlessly. The Excadrill that was sent out had also took the Brave Bird from Braviary like it was relatively nothing too, but the fact that it was part Steel-type as well might have had something to do with it. It even gave its human master the thumbs up, the show-off! Meloetta puffed up her cheeks and glared at the Legend Hunter in a childish manner; she found it rude to switch Pokemon mid-battle despite knowing damn well it was still legal. Then again, a part of her was glad she didn't have to deal with that cursed Mega Arbok before she was ready to. Besides, this was her chance to prove what exactly she was capable of. Almost...

"Now, Rock Slide!" there was no way Meloetta was switching into that. She and Carerra managed to dodge most of the rocks that rained down onto the battlefield, but one of them had clipped Carerra's side. She seemed fine though which Meloetta was thankful for, but it was at this point that Carerra had done enough, and now it was Meloetta's turn to shine. As she was a Pokemon herself, Meloetta could instantly take over from Carerra at any time. And what was more, Meloetta was naturally faster than Excadrill. As far as getting her Relic Song in time for the return of Mega Arbok was concerned, it was now or never.

"Carerra, please fall back," Meloetta instructed the Klefki, before staring down the Hunter's Excadrill, "Here goes; Relic Song!"

Meloetta unleashed the full power of an ancient song. She wasn't expecting it to inflict much damage, and the chance that the Excadrill would fall asleep wasn't high enough to fall back on, but that's not why she did it. In an instant, Meloetta began to transform, now adopting a feistier form. The extra speed and slight defense buff would be helpful, but the change from Normal- and Psychic-typing to Normal- and Fighting-typing would be the real kicker.

WKRJ2Jz.png?1

"Listen, I need to get my girlfriend somewhere safe. It's dangerous for us to be down here," the male of the group was right about one thing. It was dangerous enough right now. But if this whole thing were to catch Yveltal's attention, then the chaos would only be cranked up to eleven. Regardless, the guy and the more conscious Jane Doe went in to protect Naomi's Cresselia, while the Guardian herself fell asleep for whatever stupid reason. But Damian himself remained a nervous wreck, still clutching his head and pacing up and down relatively fruitlessly. His concerns were evident, that was for sure.

'There's still too much to fix, and I don't even know where to start! How am I supposed to dim this whole fiasco down before...?' as he was mulling away, Damian reached a sudden epiphany, snapping his fingers as his eyes lit up like the crystal blue sky, "I got it!"

He then dug into his belt for a Poke Ball and tossed it into the air.

"David, I choose you!" called Damian.

'Oh, Arceus be damned,' muttered Show Stopper, as a Venomoth appeared out of the Poke Ball that Damian. This Venomoth had been named after the brother who shared the same womb as Damian before birth, and had a particular attitude and dialect that Show Stopper didn't exactly care for.

''Sup,' the Venomoth said as it was released.

"K, David, I need you alive at all costs for this mission," Damian stated, "Find anyone out there who looks suspicious, and powder those bastards!"

'Huh? I get to attack humans, now? Sweet!' excited with this mission, David flew off into the distance.

Sure enough, David stealthily entered the fray, and scanned all the people in the distance. He saw chaos unfold right before his eyes, and he noted that most of the attention was on that Cresselia. However, there was only one being that piqued David's interest in particular. It was a silver haired man, who seemed to be commanding the Zoroark that was charging for the (hopefully) heavily defended Cresselia, seemingly without the slightest care in the world.

"Envy, use Night Daze on whatever gets in your way," David heard the man say, "Knock out all who try to stop you, I want those Legends!"

If that wasn't a red flag, there was no knowing what was. So, David silently fluttered in range of his Sleep Powder attack, making sure to stay behind him at all times. Then, David immediately began scattering the spores necessary to ensure the man dropped to his knees and feel asleep. Assuming everything went according to David's "brilliant plan", the man wouldn't have even known what hit him, and thus the chain of command between him and the Zoroark would be broken.

"And you, human, you are brave and have my thanks. We can handle this from here."

Quinn glanced up at the moon legend in a bit of awe. It gave off such a peaceful, relaxing feeling. "No problem," she gave a bright thumbs up. "A true heroine never falters in the face of danger!"

<Idiot! Sometimes you have to think about your own life for once!> the pink-haired girl winced at the reproachful tone. Shaymin was usually all for most of what she did. Why was now so different?

Both guardian and legend's eyes widened when the Zoroark sent out a wave of dark energy toward them. Oh great, the hedgehog thought, gritting its teeth. And I can't even use my most powerful move. There are far too many people around for that. Might as well try the slow but steady route. The Pokémon sent out a barrage of saplings. Hopefully at least a couple would land on the fox.

Quinn meanwhile, was finding it hard to stay standing under the assault of dark energy. Clutching her head, the girl's legs almost gave out underneath her, but she managed to keep herself upright. Ugh...how do Pokémon handle such power? No...I can't think like that...I'm...a heroine. I'm brave and I'm strong. Nothing...will...stop me.

9bWDx4R.png

Matilda stared blankly at the Drapion that had blocked Doom's attack. A lesser person would have been angry, or even frustrated, for something getting in the way right when she had been so close. But she wasn't such a person. Glancing over the scene, the woman shrugged, and returned her Houndoom when she saw the Latias disappearing.

She was about to leave when the Drapion from before climbed up the dock behind her, accompanied by a Garchomp. The black-haired woman stared at the two, eyes like two chips of rubies. Nuisances...now that the Latias is gone, I have no reason to fight them. She glanced over at the Cresselia, catching a glimpse of a familiar brunette figure. Her heart clenched, and she shook  her head, turning back to the two Pokémon. Perhaps it would be best to eliminate them, nonetheless. I might still have a chance with that Latias. "Rio, Yan, go," she commanded, clicking the release button on their balls.

A Lucario and a Yanmega emerged. While the Yanmega bore an expression of ferocity, the Lucario's was blank like its owner's.

It would be best to concentrate on one foe. "Dragon Pulse," the woman stated, her command covering both Pokémon. The two didn't react outwardly except to attack, already knowing which target she meant. After all, only one of them was weak to dragon moves.

Before Meditite could even strike, he was intercepted by a particularly zealous Jynx that was able to catch the fighting and psychic type Pokemon off-guard with a move that Carter didn't recognize. Peppering his meditating partner with a barrage of kisses that seemed to be rendering him incapable of defending himself, Carter wasn't sure what to do at that point. Nervously, he glanced back at where Ash lay protected by Carbink. Tendrils of black smoke had begun to trail off of her body again, causing Carter's heart rate to spike with concern. The pink hair girl had joined him now and it looked like she had a Legendary of her own. With her help, they might just be able pull off saving the Cresselia. 

"Meditite, you've got to get out of there!" Carter ordered, knowing that if the relentless stream of kisses didn't stop, his Meditite didn't stand a chance. Digging deep, Meditite lunged to the side, making it under the Jynx's guard, putting some distance between himself and his attacker. "Good job! Use Calm Mind and then use Confusion!" Carter instructed, remembering that Calm Mind would make Meditite's attack stronger. 

Hoping that the psychic assault would throw his attacker off-balance, Carter decided to keep up the pressure. "Follow it up with another Force Palm!" 

Jace had been proud of his Pokémon as they performed so well. He waved back at his Honchkrow, recalling him back into the Pokéball, as the same with Misaki. He high-fived Kai, smiling...until finally realizing that there was a man before them, sitting cross legged. The guy looked beat up, VERY badly. Initially, Jace didn't want to approach the man, but Kai nudged him slightly.

Jace, you should probably go help the guy out. After all... Kai said with a nod. An Aura Guardian should help those in need, you said it yourself.

The young trainer sighed he rubbed his neck, before placing his hand on Kai's head. "Yeah your right. Hate it when you use my words against me Kai." he said, as he began to walk towards the man.

As he did, however, Kai began to feel something...off. The Lucario began to close his eyes, sensing something from this strange human. His eyes opened slowly again, before he made the startling discovery - that man wasn't human. He reached out a paw towards Jace, but it was already too late.

"H-Hey there..." Jace started, already stumbling over his words. "Do ya...n-need a hand there?" he asked, holding out a hand towards the man. Then something began to catch his eye. Around the man's neck was a crystal. This crystal hung there glowing and he was almost mesmerized by it. T-That crystal...where have I...? he began to think, until he knelt down and snapped his fingers. "OH! That crystal you have! Did you get that by chance near the former Tree of Beginnings? I've seen some of the same sorts of crystal formations there, though...all crushed, but that's beside the point."

"H-Hey there... Do ya...n-need a hand there?"

The false human was fast on his feet, scolding himself in his head for not paying attention to his surroundings as his hands balled up into fists and arms in front of himself, readying for a fight that may or may not happen. A keen eye would have realized that he had used an Agility to suddenly up his speed, though most humans wouldn't know to watch for that in another human.

Studying the kid in front of him, neon-green eyes fell upon the gloves he wore and narrowed his eyes at them. He recognized the design from the pair of gloves that had been used to save his original home twice, though Groudon's possession made such actions pointless in the end.

"OH! That crystal you have! Did you get that by chance near the former Tree of Beginnings? I've seen some of the same sorts of crystal formations there, though...all crushed, but that's beside the point."

Neos almost missed the kid's words, though they brought him out of his thoughts for a moment. "The Tree of Beginning has been destroyed for just under a century and a half," he started to say, his voice faintly hitching as he tried to keep from falling into the despair that he felt upon seeing his former home shattered into bits around him. "Why would you have any interest in such a place? Arceus knows there's next to no life near there outside of Cameron Palace and the stubborn hu---people that reside there."

And Neos found himself praying that the slip of the tongue wasn't caught by the human in front of him, nor would the Lucario near him point it out...

Darkness. That's all that Ash could see. It's all that she could feel. All around her, it cocooned her like an Ariados cocoons a Butterfree. Helpless. Then there was the voice. At first, it was barely a ghost of a whisper, so incredibly faint that Ash wasn't even sure that she was actually hearing anything, but slowly the whisper grew to a murmur, and the murmur grew to a grumble, and now it was like someone was dragging a dozen nails across a chalkboard and amplifying it through stadium speakers. Ash cried out, but her voice was lost to the indecipherable screaming of darkness.

"Her envoy is coming..." The voice, now she recognized it. For just a moment, Ash was able to decipher actual words from the incoherent screaming. "Envoy? En-Envoy?! What do you mean? Who are you talking about?" Her demands were again lost to the void, however, as the screaming started up once again. "Are you kidding me?"

In the distance, the dark void was interrupted by the faintest glimmer of pink. Slowly, it appeared almost as if the light were getting closer and as it approached the horrible screeching had began to die away. "I-is someone there?"

Huh, well this was different. Naomi looked around her, and she could see nothing. There was just...nothing, everywhere. Usually her dreams are much much much more interesting. Maybe she was dreaming she was in the belly of a Wailord like that old story. She let out a giggle, one that had a strange effect on the surroundings.

It seemed to...quiver, it seemed upset by the unwanted noise. She could hear a faint buzzing noise, as if coming through a broken radio. "ay...et...ay...get away!"

"Well that's rude." Naomi said. "Y'know I didn't wanta c'mere I just happened to pop in." The voice didn't seem to respond, but she still felt...something amiss. Something oddly familiar. Though the Guardian couldn't tell if that was her memories or that of Cresselia's. Either way she surged forward. At least, she thought it was forward. There was no way to really tell here what with the emptiness.

This would be about the time Naomi would drift off and wander aimlessly. But, as she didn't have an aim to begin with, she just surged on ahead. There was a voice, somewhere in the general direction she was headed.

"I-is someone there?"

Ah, there we go, a person. She looked familiar kinda? Naomi had a vague notion that she’d look even more familiar unconscious, which was a strange thought. It made Naomi giggle again as she approached them.
“Ello, m’name’s Naomi. Weird place eh? You should come with me. Always better t’travel with a friend.” Naomi then stretched her arm out towards the girl.

Cresselia grimaced in pain as the Dark Type attack washed over her. She could feel herself losing focus on the hold she had on the boats. That would be disastrous at this moment. And so she completely ignored the pain and the danger, leaving it up to the others to protect her. “Shaymin please deal with the attackers or I’ll...not last.”
She wanted to use Moonlight to regain some of her energy, but was forced to interrupt it to re-double her efforts on the Psychic. They were...so close...they had to fight on.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Cresselia could hear Naomi’s giggle. The sound, while inconspicuous, served to give the legend a boost of strength. She then focused on using Moonlight to recover her health and right back to Psychic after. Without giving the boats enough time to sink any lower.

However she was mentally straining herself by now, she wasn’t sure how much she could hold out for.

smallest_steal_zpsqqf9bwle.png

As Cain was standing there, he could see the Mega Drapion that had saved Latias before. Just as he was noticing this, he heard form the distance "Dragon Pulse" he turned to the source of the sound and saw a Lucario and a Yanmega, both of them with their eyes locked onto the direction of the Mega Drapion, more than likely targeting the Garchomp that was with it. Normally, he wouldn't get invloved in a situation like this, but the large scorpion had saved his skin before. "Go, RAM!" He threw his Pokeball in between the dragonic pulses and the pokemon. Out of the Pokeball, a Metagross emerged flying in the air. The gigantic metal spider crash landed between the large scorpion and the blast, sand busting out of the ground due to its weight. Cain pulled out his watch and pressed on it. As the dragonic blast made contact with the sand, a bright light emerged from within the miniature sand storm. As the sand dropped back into the ground, the Mega Metagross could be seen, floating in a new position - its claws much sharper. It didn't seem at all bothered by the blast of energy, resisting both hits with ease. Suddenly, from behind Cain the small Rotom zipped its way to the mechanical beast.

"The Tree of Beginning has been destroyed for just under a century and a half. Why would you have any interest in such a place? Arceus knows there's next to no life near there outside of Cameron Palace and the stubborn hu---people that reside there."

Jace was puzzled by how this person reacted. But then again...he was amazed that a person could even move as fast like that. Thankfully, to the man's surprise, Jace didn't catch his slipping of the tongue...Kai on the other hand/paw did. However, yet again he chose not to say anything.

"Yeah I heard about that. It's really a shame..." Jace sighed, rubbing the back of his neck some. "I had some interest in it cause...well...I was hoping to get some answers there about some stuff. I would've loved to see it back in its youthful days." Jace watched as Kai stood beside him now, as he rubbed the Lucario's ears. "I guess trying to become an Aura Guardian is going to take me figuring stuff out myself..."

Mewtwo, from within it's ball, began to sigh to himself. I cannot believe he is just shooting the breeze with this creature...and yet...I'm surprised that Kai hasn't spoken up yet. It's obvious he knows... he thought, sighing once again.

This battlefield had become quite the hectic mess!  But Oz had to stay focused on his current fight!  Instead of his blow being landed onto that Mega Arbok, Chief's Brave Bird attack was redirected towards a switched in Excadrill.  The Steel-Type pokemon took the attack with ease, it not being very effective and all.  It must've not done much damage either, seeing as how the Excadrill gave a thumbs up towards it's trainer.  Cheeky...but that just made Blake even more determined to come out victorious.  Blake couldn't help but give what he thought was a supposed hunter props.

"Legend Hunter scum.  Usually you guys aren't all too bright...Guess I underestimated you.  I would be wise you wouldn't do the same to me huh?"  with ease, the Braviary dodged the boulders that seemed to rain from the sky.  This wasn't there first rodeo against a Rock-Type attack, and it certainly wouldn't be their last!  The Meloetta from before had used Relic Song, an ineffective move against a Steel-Type.  However, the transformation into a half Fighting-Type would prove to be better in the long run.  "Smart Legendary...If she wants to dance, let's follow her lead!  Use Superpower now!"

Every muscle in Oz's Braviary boosted instantaneously for it's all out attack.  Chief went in for the attack against the Excadrill, prompting the Meloetta to do the same.  

wkF52NI.png

Prof. Guelder was still trying her damnedest to oversee everything that was going on with her Pokemon at once when suddenly, a man approached her.

"Your Pokemon are much more well-suited to aid in this situation than mine," the man stated flatly, doubt somewhat evident in his voice. As he then turned to watch the chaos unfold, Prof. Guelder paused in thought. She nodded in the end though, acknowledging what the man had said.

"Sank you for zee kompliment," the Professor replied, "But I fear I may hafe schtretched myself sin. Anysink you kan do vill be of aid at zis point in time."

Prof. Guelder was about to suggest that the man help protect the Cresselia that was keeping the ship afloat for Titan, before the Gyarados himself had sought her attention. With that received, he used his tail to point over to the beach where the Pokemon Professor had originally saw the ships sink from, which in turn prompted the Professor to take out her binoculars again. She noted the number of people that Titan managed to save from going down with the ship.

"Excellent; zat muscht be half zee people in zee schip at zee fery leascht!" with that, Prof. Guelder turned to Titan, "Go in zere vun more time unt safen sie das rescht of zee cifilians! Gaseren efery lascht vun before hafink Kresselia letten zee schip sink!"

Titan seemed to be on his way from there, but Prof. Guelder couldn't afford to supervise her any more. The owner of the Houndoom that attacked Latias had engaged the Professor in double battle, which would be the next priority. The girl had sent a Lucario and a Yanmega, which had both used Dragon Pulse against Severus. Yanmega the Professor could understand, although the girl should've probably Mega Evolved it first so it would get STAB from it. But Lucario was capable of using Ice Punch of things(!); that would've been monumentally more effective considering Garchomp were part Ground-type as well as part Dragon-type. Prof. Guelder would've questioned the girl's move choices if this was the place or the time, but it wasn't. Immediate action was paramount as of this moment.

"Svappen sie das places!" Prof. Guelder commanded, just as the two Pokemon launched their Dragon Pulses. However, the Mega Evolved Ghost wasn't the one to take the blow in place of Severus. Instead, a Metagross had landed in front of both of them. The Metagross seemed to belong to the owner of the Latias whose bacon Ghost had saved earlier, and now all of the sudden he and Prof. Guelder were even. With that, the Professor made her next move.

"Ghoscht, Subschtitue; zen folloven zat up vis Fokus Punch!" with that, Ghost immediately molted his skin and positioned himself behind, while at the same time charging up one arm with an aura of pure power. Hopefully Ghost wouldn't be the one to be double-targeted this time, because the Substitute could only realistically save it from a single attack. She was about to give Severus her orders as well when suddenly...

wkF52NI.pngkL461Wk.png

'Professor! Professor! Professor!' Meloetta sent an urgent telekinetic message, 'Um... can I have a hand?'

'No, I kannot help you,' Professor Guelder said in a tone of regret, 'Vye? Vat is zee matter?'

'Well... I um, kinda...' Meloetta must've gulped in nerves before she continued with her message, 'I... accidentally engaged the Hunter that was trying to ambush us when we were headed for the lighthouse. I've got another human helping me, but it'd be rude to expect him to do everything, so... I may need another Pokemon.'

"Oh, for the lofe of Arkeus," Professor Guelder growled. She hated it when her hand was forced, and she was already trying to accomplish too much at once as it was. However, supposing that it couldn't be helped, she returned her attention to what she was originally doing.

"Seferus, go vis Titan!" she instructed Severus, before looking over to see a Volcarona that was still resting her wings, "FELFET!! LIGHTHOUSE!! NOW!!"

Having only just heard that due to the sheer distance she was away from her mistress, Velvet immediately raced over to where Meloetta and the trainer that came to her aid were battling the Legend Hunter. No doubt that Meloetta would be thankful for her arrival once she noticed it.

Diana had become numb to the chaos that had begun to transpire around her. Her three Pokemon kept up their sonic assault, their Round spreading through the water and deterring the Sharpedo and Carvanha from advancing, but their combined voices were wavering. "Spin~da." The speckled red-white Pokemon whispered, collapsing from exhaustion. Diana was finally brought to attention, picking up her Pokemon. "Oh dear..." She whimpered. "Don't strain yourselves. *hiccup* But, this is our home, we have to protect it." Her speech seemed to give her Pokemon a burst of strength because their Round continued with renew effort.

Turning around, Diana gasped everything she saw. For a moment, she thought that maybe one of her stewards had tried to kill her again by poisoning her wines and she was seeing the hallucinations, but no...Slurpuff's nose would have sniffed that out. This was definitely real. A Cresselia...and was that? Yes. She believed that was a Shaymin fighting by its side. It seemed that even more battles had broken out farther down the shoreline. She just hoped that no one had been hurt too seriously, it appeared as if a few people were lying unconscious though. At least...she hoped they were unconscious. "Where is that resc *hiccup* ue unit?" 

9bWDx4R.png

“Ello, m’name’s Naomi. Weird place eh? You should come with me. Always better t’travel with a friend.”

As soon as the girl, Naomi, spoke, Ash immediately felt as if she could move, as if the darkness that surrounded them both no longer constrained her. "Weird? The place where my boyfriend buys his healing crystals is weird. This? This is horrifying! Where in Arceus' name are we?" Ash now that she could actually move was pacing back forth...or maybe it was up and down. It was honestly impossible to tell. Aside from the sourceless pink glow that emanated from Naomi, there was no light to be found. "My name is Ash by the way. I'd like to say I'm usually more friendly than this, but I'm not. Although, I'm not usually this panicked." She declared, biting at her finger nails.

Absentmindedly, she put her hand on her hip and immediately became even more worried. "My Pokemon! Where are my Pokemon?! My PokeBalls they aren't here! Somebody stole them." Grabbing the sides of her head, Ash's breathing started to become uneven and her pupils grew wide. "I'm...supposed...to...protect...them." 

• 2 weeks later...

This was it! Two opponents. A Legend, a competent trainer, all against herself alone. She knew she’d have a much better chance of winning if she sent out a second Pokemon to make it an even fight but...where was the challenge in that? She laughed as the Relic Song bounced off of Excadrill. She knew why it was done but it didn’t matter.
Luna realized that Superpower would nearly take Excadrill down, but she also knew her Pokemon and knew the Ground/Steel type would agree with her plan. She waited for the Braviary to connect with the Superpower, dealing massive damage but lowing its own defenses. “Now, Slash!” Excadrill used a surge of energy to rush the Flying type, going for a mighty Slash and taking advantage of its lowered defense. Iron Head may be stronger but Slash is a more practical move in this situation, due to the position of the two Pokemon.
Luna noticed the Meloetta doing...something, calling for help perhaps. “Heh, the more the merrier!” She said.

Naomi listened to the girl’s ramble about...weirdness or something. She nodded sagely, or she thought it was sagely but it was really just an exaggerated head-bobble. Then, realizing there had been a question, spoke up. “I dunno where w’are but it’s probly nothing ta do with Arceus.

Finally the girl introduced herself, so Naomi gave a sweet smile. “Well that’s easy ta remember. Mine’s...oh already did that part, hehe. Don’t see whatcha gotta panic about. It’s a crazy place sure but...” Naomi looked around. “Nothin’ seems to be happening.” Sure enough even that rude voice from before had all but silenced by now. Naomi hadn’t really looked around but now that she did she realized there was a bit more than nothing around. Though not much. More like the nothing was actually something, but still nothing...Naomi’s brain hurt a bit. “I needa nap...wait isn’t this already a nap? Hey Ash how do you sleep when you’re already sleeping?”

She wasn’t sure the question got through, however, as soon after the girl was freaking out about her Pokemon. Naomi checked her hip as well and realized there weren’t any Pokeballs there. She shrugged. “I’m sure they’re fine, Pokemon are a lot more independent than people think ya know. Let them do what they do and you’ll see they need us a lot less than we need them.” Naomi closed her eyes and smiled again. “Ain’t that right, Princess.”

“Ain’t that right, Princess.” The Rhydon, even in her Pokeball, heard the voice of her trainer. She was needed. And so she did what not many Pokemon were capable of doing, and left her Ball on her own volition. An intense battle was raging, Naomi had gone into a protected rest and most of her Pokemon were currently helping out some humans.
Princess lumbered over to where her trainer, and several others, were. She stood above her sleeping trainer, as a guard, and looked towards Cresselia. The Legend was in danger, though she did have some help. Nevertheless Princess wasn’t about to keep out of this one. She launched a Rock Blast at the Cresselia’s attacker.

Archived