[PKMN] Tournament of Legends [IC]

Ren✧

"You were awful....just awful....I knew I shouldn't have given you the light of day!"  Oz shouted.  Before him was a young boy carrying a bug net, wearing shorts, a white tanktop, and a straw hat.  The boy was in tears as he was coddling a knocked out Mega Pinsir that was slightly scorched.

"I'm s-sorry mister!  I didn't know you were so s-strong!"  The words barely escaping his quivering lips.  Oz sighed and knelt down to eye level with the boy, and put his hand on his shoulder.

"Listen...kid...you're going about this tournament all wrong.  You came here with a single type team expecting to beat high ranking trainers.  That just won't do.  You need to raise all kinds of pokemon if you want to be a master.  You might be a strong bug catcher, but you wouldn't last a second against someone with a fire-type.  Especially me and my Typhlosion."  He pointed to Helen for example.  She didn't even need to Mega Evolve during the battle.  A quick couple of Eruptions were all that was needed to seal the deal.  Shakily, the boy grabbed his Chip Case from inside his net, and pulled out what appeared to be his only 2 Staryu Chips.  He put them in his hand and handed both to Oz.  Oz only picked up one of the chips, and pushed the Bug Catcher's hand away.  

"This is all I'll be needing from you...now take my words of wisdom and go fight a guy who keeps trying to impress people by hovering a ball in the air.  I'm sure they'll be a bit easier for you."  Oz turned his back to the boy, who had wiped his face clean of all the tears and mucus, and walked off deeper into the forest area.  Helen followed soon after.

"Thanks mister!"  The gratitude shown on his moist face, as he waved to Oz's back. 

"I can't believe that boy challenged us when you were standing right next to me Helen...maybe he wanted to prove something...I don't know."  

"You're quite the sap, aren't you boy?"  Palkia taunted him.

"No....I'm just not completely heartless is all...."  Oz continued forth, staring at the 5 chips he currently had.  "Yuck...odd numbers?  I was hoping to do this a little neater!"  He turned back and shouted, "HEY KID!  GIVE ME THAT OTHER STAR CHIP!  I GOTTA HAVE A ROUND NUMBER OVER HERE!"  Sadly, the boy was nowhere to be seen.  

"*Sigh*....Do you think someone will battle for five chips?"  His tone was whiny, and Helen just rolled her eyes.  The more battles the better for her.  She had to get stronger for Oz.  

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eventually, the girl had dragged Quinn off to a battle field. Unlike some of the others, this one was fairly plain--no trees, rocks, or streams. Just a patch of grass. "So, loser, this battle will use one Pokémon each, no time limit. Loser has to give up both their chips. You ready?" the girl called from across the field.
"Yeah, but um...you never told me your name," the pink-haired boy rearranged his glasses nervously.
"Bah, who cares! You'll be outta here soon enough, anyway. Go, Emboar!" and with that the girl threw a Poké Ball, revealing a fire boar.

Quinn took a step back, hand flying to his coat, where the Poké Balls were. "S-scary. Go...um...Makua!" he threw the ball but overextended, causing himself to fall flat on his face. "Ugh..." he groaned, "Oh good! My glasses didn't break."
The girl threw her head back and laughed. "You're sending out a dinky-looking fish? You're even wimpier than I thought. Emboar, Take Down!"
"Makua, Protect!"
"Aloooo," the Pokémon cried as a shimmering barrier enveloped it.

"What?! That's no fair!"
"No...um...it is...fair, I mean." the pinkette stammered before shaking his head. He needed to get his head in gear. "Makua, Brine!"
The Alomomola's attack took out a fair chunk of health, and the battle continued in the same vein for a while, before the Emboar eventually collapsed.

"Whoa, he's good," one of the few who had decided to watch the battle murmured.
"Yeah, he made her look like a complete amateur," chuckled another.
The girl's ears seemed to shoot steam, just like her Pokémon. "That didn't count!" she shouted. "You cheated somehow. A wimp like you could never beat me!"
"Um...no, I didn't break any rules," the boy twiddled with his thumbs nervously. "And you're being a bit loud. Could you stop?"
"No I won't stop!" she glared at him. "And since that match didn't count, I get to go again!"
"If you say so..." Quinn sighed.

-- Ten minutes later --

"No fair! I totally had it! How could a loser...beat me?"
"Sorry..." Quinn trailed off, wincing as the girl continued shrieking. He was getting a headache.
"And because you're such a cheat, I'm not giving you any Staryu Chips!"
"H-huh?! Why not?"
"Because you obviously cheated somehow," the girl crossed her arms and snorted. "An amazing trainer like me could never lose to someone like you!"

<I'm getting sick of her!> a voice rang in Quinn's head, causing him to stumble for a second. <She's a sore loser, and a brat to boot. Just take the Staryu Chips and leave, Quinn.>
<Oh, okay.> If even Shaymin was getting fed up, then it was high time to leave. Normally a sweet and patient Pokémon in its Land Forme, when it lost its temper, it was best to vacate the vicinity.

"Miss, I'm sorry you lost," the pink-haired boy said with all sincerity. After all, he didn't like seeing people lose any more than they did. "But you stated the prerequisites beforehand, and this was an official match..."
"No way! Never!"
By then, a crowd had formed, whispering things like, "Wow, she sure is a brat," or "He's right, you know."
The girl seemed to notice the direction the winds were blowing. Gritting her teeth, she yelled out, "Fine! But I won't forget this!" and threw her two chips to the ground in front of the boy, stomping on them for good measure before she ran away, grumbling, "Gonna have to find a wimpier loser and get their Staryu Chips."

"Haaaah," Quinn collapsed, picking up the Staryu Chips as he did so. "Oh, they're not crushed. That's a relief."
"Must be made of high-quality material," a nearby man commented. "That was a good match. You're better than you look. What say we battle?"
"Phew...once I get my breath back...sure," the pinkette looked up, giving a weak smile. The man looked friendly enough, though he was probably more experienced than the girl was.
"No problem, tell me when you're ready," the man waved as he walked a ways away to give the boy some space.

9bWDx4R.png

"Disappointing..." were the only words Matilda spoke after the match. Not because he was weak...but because he owned no legendaries.

The black-haired woman had finished the match in record time. Just because she gave up her position as Sinnoh Champion didn't mean she had lost the skills that led her there. Now, time to look for more likely-looking trainers. She left the weeping man behind her without a second glance.

Roy made his way down to the beach, where somehow trainers were already battling each other.

"Eh, you!" A loud mouthed red head pointed a finger at Roy, "How bout we battle for the others Staryu Chips? One on One." He said with a grin.

"Sure, I could use some more." Roy said with a slight smirk.

'This one sure is arrogant.' Lugia spoke through their bond.

'We'll see how long that last.' "You initiated the fight. So I'll let you have first move."

"You're grave. Go Krookodile!" The red head tossed his Pokeball out onto the sand. The large Intimidation Pokemon stood up and stretched.

"Lucario," Roy held his Pokeball up and released Lucario.

"Krookodile, Crunch!" The crocodile Pokemon charged Lucario, mouth wide open.

"Lucario Power-Up Punch." Lucario ducked underneath the gaping jaws and send a glowing paw into the crocodile's stomach. Krookodile had to take a couple steps back, mainly to regain his breath."Power-Up Punch, one more time." Lucario rushed the poor Krookodile and landed the punch square on it's face, sending it flying back to its trainer knocking it out.

"Krook-Krookodile, what did they do to you!?"

'He really is loud I can hear him through the link.' Roy walked over to the loud red head and pulled out a potion. "Here, spray this on his wounds, he should be fine."

Red head snatched the potion from Roy, holding up his two Staryu Chips, "Just take them." He said in his usual loud tone. "Thanks for the potion." he mumbled out.

Roy grabbed the two Staryu Chips and placed them into his own case, looking around and scouring the beach to see if anyone else wanted to battle.

WKRJ2Jz.png

"Pelipper, I choose you!"

"Let's go, Stallion!"

Damian and his opponent hurled their Poke Balls into the air, and out came a Kingdra and a Pelipper, that were rearing to go. Just after he threw his Poke Ball though, Damian sensed something in his heart, and immediately looked around, only to see someone watching who wasn't there before. It was a girl by the looks of it, who had green hair that was covered by a hoodie, and was also wearing a mask as well as what looked to be infra-red goggle. The sin was strong with this one; which left Damian believing that this unwelcome guest was supposed to be some masked murderer or something. Nonetheless, Damian continued with his battle.

"Alright Stallion, let's start by setting up Rain Dance."

"Pelipper, counter that with a Hurricane."

The Kingdra, nicknamed Stallion, immediately called for a torrent of rain to flood the arena and splash the two combatants and everyone that had been watching... only to be caught in a thrashing tornado that sent it crashing into the ground a few feet away. Stallion got up fuming, preparing for the next attack.

"Screw it, go for an Outrage this time."

"Tch, that's an easy one. Protect, Pelipper!"

Sure enough, Stallion gathered dragonic energy as he charged the Pelipper at full force... only for the opposing Pelipper to surround itself in a green aura, making the impact bounce off like it was nothing. Damian cursed as this happened, hoping against all hope that the man that he was facing didn't have a Steel-type Pokemon to swap to. His fears had been realized, however, as the dark-skinned meat-head extended both his arms and revealed two Poke Balls, aiming the one in his left hand at his own Pelipper. Damian knew a switch was coming, but could do nothing to stop it...

wkF52NI.png

Eventually, Meloetta stopped hiding behind Prof. Guelder's leg, and got up on her shoulder instead to watch a battle with her. Specifically, Prof. Guelder and Meloetta had been watching a battle a shy pink haired boy and a bratty girl that thought she could pick on him. Prof. Guelder shook her head in disgust at how the battle went... and especially at the girl's poor sportsmanship. Honestly, she was surprised the girl didn't resort to profanities.

"Absolutely pasetic..." Professor Guelder muttered, removing a Pokeball from her belt and giving it to Meloetta, "Here, vee kan nefer be too safe..."

"So... I just throw this behind me the second I sense one of those evil people after us?" asked the Melody Pokemon, with the professor nodding in response. With that, she held the Poke Ball tightly as the two watch the next battle that would take place.

"Yes, yes I understand..." Winnie waved a placating hand at the man and woman in front of her, "well I can't promise that your cases will be found in time for you to continue in the tournament, though how about you two come down to the station and we'll see if I can't try and help you out."

About an hour later Winnie had collected the stories of both victims, and had left them at the Tournament's Main Building both trying to arrange new Staryu Chip cases, though Winnie doubted how much success they would have. Sighing the young detective looked at her own Staryu Chip case. 6 Chips...

No time for that right now though, there would be plenty of time to gather chips later, now she had a crime to solve. Recalling both victims stories, Winnie remembered both had stated encountering a strange man with silver hair and two different colored eyes. For this Winnie was thankful, who ever this thief was he wasn't hard to pick out in a crowd, so hopefully he wouldn't be too hard to find... hopefully.

"This is Detective Mallory, Archanum PD be on the look-out for a Caucasian male, average build. Distinguishing features silver hair, and heterochromia. Last known location Archanum Manor courtyard, suspected of stealing two Staryu Chip cases." Slipping her walkie talkie back into her belt the blue haired detective returned to the courtyard in front of Archanum Manor her eyes peeled for the suspect.

"The preliminary round of this tournament will take place across the entire island! Upon exiting the courtyard you will be given a carrying case, similar to *hiccup* badge cases that you use to carry the badges from various Pokemon Gyms. In it, you will find two Staryu Chips. You will have 72 hours to get that number up to 10. How do you do that, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. You'll be challenging one another to Pokemon battles and betting your Star *hiccup* yu Chips on whether or not you'll win. Winner gets whatever it is that was agreed upon. Alright that's all. Be off! *hiccup* "

"72 hours to get 10 Staryu Chips huh? In theory there's no rush, but on the other hand, don't want to spend too long getting them, never know what could happpen." Steve thought following the conclusion of Diana's speech. Being able to hear his thoughts, Latios agreed with his guardian seeing as anything could happen, nevertheless, Steve headed for the gates to receive his Staryu chips from the officials.

~ 11:14am

Upon exiting the courtyard, Steve took a glance at all the eager trainers battling each other for Staryu Chips. No doubt he wanted in on the action, but noone in particular caught his eye. "Master, you're not being too choosy are you?" Latios enquired, whilst Steve shrugged his head and replied. "I'm just looking for a moderately strong opponent that's all."

"Who are you talking to?" A male trainer with brown spiky hair and wearing a denim jacket, whose name was Herman asked which caused Steve to stop in his tracks and turn his attention to the source of the voice.

"I'm just thinking out loud. What's it to you?" Steve replied to the bloke who was already convinced that Steve was crazy. "I'm assuming you want a battle, is that it?" It was a suggestion that shocked Herman as soon as he realised who he was conversing with.

"...That's right mr 'Beast Tamer'. That's exactly why I approached you." Herman said, but Steve wasn't convinced by his tone of voice at all. "It will be a 1-on-1 battle for 1 Staryu Chip, and I will take great pleasure in defeating that Garchomp of yours."

Steve took a few moments to take in Herman's challenge and felt that he needed to adjust the rules a bit. "I'm sorry, if you're gonna dictate my choice of pokemon, how about we make this a winner takes all match, winner takes all of the loser's Staryu chips." As Steve raised his eyebrows, Herman shrugged his shoulders indicating that he was fine with the suggestion.

~ 11:22am

"Master, you sure about this? If you lose, you're pretty much out." Latios said worriedly, however Steve ignored this as he had already fomulated a winning strategy in his mind and judging by how Herman reacted to finding out who Steve was, Steve was feeling pretty confident.

"Don't let him get to you! Use your head!" Carter encouraged, seeing that Ash was quickly becoming frustrated. If she let her emotions get the better of her, then this guy would knock her out of the tournament. Ash returned the incapacitated form of Cinder to her Pokeball, trying to do as Carter said. He was right. She had let this freakshow get under her skin with his little act. The only reason she had lost the first fight was because Slowbro had a type advantage. She was just as good. No. She was better. She was better and she was going to prove it.

"Thorn, Energy Ball!" Ash refused to give her opponent more time to strategize. As soon as her Trevenant took the field, Ash went on the field. The orb of crackling green energy collided with the docile, pink Pokémon, throwing it off of its feet. "Follow it up with Wood Hammer!" The ghostly tree Pokémon scurried towards its target, it's limb raised high, glowing with powerful energy.

"Return." The psychic trainer called, the red light engulfing his Slowbro just before Thorn's Wood Hammer smashed against the ground where it had lain just moments before.

"Should've known you'd be the type that would cut and run." Ash scoffed, angry that her opponent had returned his Pokémon moments before it was about to be taken out. Technically there was no rule against it, but it was poor sportsmanship.

"You win."

"What? What are you talking about?" Ash asked, confused about what he had just said.

"I foresaw your victory before you even laid eyes on me. I just needed to make sure you had the spirit that would be needed to do what needs to be done." The psychic explained, moving passed the readied form of Thorn and standing right in front of Ash. "A word of advice. How you deal with your inner demons will decide everything." Taking Ash's hand, the psychic deposited two Staryu Chips into it. Without another word, he walked away.

"That was...unexpected." Carter said, wrapping Ash up in a hug.

"I told you he was weird." Ash couldn't help but smile though. Four chips down. Six to go.

(Long post ahoy!)

~Tayla, Cysero and Ferdinand~

There wasn't many interesting trainers about, as the pair soon discovered as walking about the place, which caused a sigh to leave Tayla's mouth. The one person she did get a challenge from quite literally bolted with his Pidgeotto after seeing her own Magnezone, so she didn't get to grab the Staryu chip from the surrender.

"This is gonna be a long tournament," Tayla exclaimed as she noticed that Cysero, whom would normally have a snarky comment at the ready for this, was actually silent for once. This instantly caught her attention. "Cy...?"

"This is Detective Mallory," Cysero started suddenly repeating with a crackle to its voice, the PokeTranslator in her ear not needed for once. "Archanum PD be on the look-out for a Caucasian male, average build. Distinguishing features silver hair, and heterochromia. Last known location Archanum Manor courtyard, suspected of stealing two Staryu Chip cases."

"...welp, this just got interesting." A grin befell the woman's face as she placed a hand on her hip. "Time to go looking for such a thief...if only this place had more in the way of electronics..." Crossing her arms and tapping the fingers of one hand on such, she found herself in thought before pulling out one of the six normal Pokeballs on her. "Ferdinand, I need you out here now."

Tossing it up into the air, the orb opened up to release a red light that came falling to the ground, reforming and solidifying itself into the shape of a horse---no, unicorn with fiery mane and tail. Tayla caught the Pokeball as Ferdinand came into full visibility as a Rapidash who was already tapping a hoof in eagerness.

"Who we racing," the mighty stallion asked of his trainer, whom smiled sadly at him.

"No one this time," she responded. "Instead, we're scouting."

A loud whine emerged from Ferdinand, who reared up only slightly in disappointment. "AWW!" Tayla patted the Rapidash in pity near the flaming mane before tapping lightly on the side of his neck twice, a signal to let her on.

Almost immediately did Ferdinand kneel down, settling on the ground below as Tayla hopped up onto his back, taking a few seconds to get ready before the Rapidash got back up onto his hooves. Once Cysero caught up the fire horse on the details to avoid anyone else possibly overhearing, the trio raced across the tournament grounds with all three sets of eyes looking out for the strange human described in the radio message...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Antonio and Mistress Mew~

"It's been a while since I've fought a clown...and today isn't going to be the day I start that funny business again."

"By the way pal...we haven't even received our cases yet...so you might want to get one before you lose all of your chips immediately!"

"...a clown, am I," Neos faintly whispered under his breath, which prompted a firm squeeze around his middle, jolting him slightly.

"Do not, Antonio," he heard Mistress Mew say to him telepathically using her own power, doing her best to stay unheard and unnoticed by those surrounding them. "He is not worth the rage." With this did a soothing sensation fall over him, quelling the anger before it could truly build.

Once he had taken a few moments to calm down an anger that has honestly always been there, the brightly-dressed stranger walked up towards the person whom was handing out the cases with the chips in them, thanking the person before glancing within the case and stuffing it into a pocket on the inside of his jacket. With this action did he accidentally flash to the world the sight of ten shrunk-down Pokeballs, with only one of them, a pure-white one, different in appearance to the rest of them.

He's never exactly liked the thought of being kept in some form of storage place where there's a chance he may never see the sun again, so he's never purposely put any of the Pokemon he captured into such a thing, either. The orbs he uses have been modified, though a lot of trial, error, back-shocks and effort on his part, to not go back to storage like other Pokeballs do. This also meant he recycled the same Pokeballs repeatedly for as long as he could.

A couple of them look like they need to be flat-out replaced soon after almost a century of use...

Battles were brewing all around him, making him anxious to get into the fight himself. It had been a long time since he got to fight another trainer's Pokemon himself, over a century now, but he had to withhold himself yet again. Maybe one day in the future, he'll get to test himself once more against stronger Pokemon, but today was not the day.

~~~

"How are you doing that?!"

Neos shrugged as his latest opponent handed over 2 Staryu chips out of the four he had to the false human, bowing politely as the plump human recalled his KOed Xatu to its orb. "It's a gift, I suppose."

"You're a cheating bastard, that's what! I don't know how you knew even half of how my Pokemon were gonna execute those moves, but once I do, I'm exposing you to the world!"

"...get in line, chubby." Neos found himself clenching his hand, coming close to drawing his own blood with his nails as the man turned around and stomped off, trying to keep his own anger in check for the time being. "...Mistress," he started to say before looking up towards the invisible Mew on his shoulder, thinking he was alone for the moment. "If this keeps up, I may need to find some way to vent..."

“Finish it up with Rock Blast!” Naomi patted Princess on the head after their third battle, during which she won her sixth chip. She had no idea why the Bug Catcher had challenged her while she was riding on Rhydon, but it worked out in her favor. He had said something about winning against all odds. Whatever floats his boat, she wasn’t gonna judge.

And so it was that Naomi found herself in possession of six Staryu chips; a good start for sure. Though it was getting a bit darker out and with the darkness Naomi’s energy started to plummet again. She hadn’t had a nap in a while and she was running on empty.

Naomi stumbled around aimlessly, her brain slow to decide on where to go next. A bit in the distance she spotted a young girl, who was wearing very little clothing and sported black twintails.
Naomi’s heart twinged when she caught sight of that particular hairstyle. She closed her eyes and bit her lip, trying to clear the thoughts, the memories, that rushed to her in that moment. She opened her eyes again a bit later, feeling calmer.

She tilted her head and watched the girl with a more relaxed attitude. She might have been a contestant, or maybe just a passerby. Either way she was interesting. Naomi shuffled her way towards the girl, stumbling slightly as she did.
Once she reached the girl, who seemed to be looking around for something, Naomi gave a big, goofy, grin. “Heya, whatchu doin? Searchin’ for Staryu chips?” she asked, then stumbled and giggled. “Sorry feeling a bit t-t-tired.” her last word was almost interrupted by a long yawn. She stared at the girl for a few moments, then her eyes and shoulders drooped, and she fell forward. Half asleep the young Guardian crashed into the stranger she had just met.

The girl had made a foolish move. Setting up Rain and improving the accuracy of Hurricane, as well as using Outrage on an obvious Protect.
But Luna wasn’t willing to write her off just then. There was something about this one, she had to see more.
It seemed that they had noticed her presence, unfortunate. She knew the mask made her stand out but she was up for the challenge. This girl couldn’t know what she was after...unless she knew more about Legend Hunters than the average trainer, in which case...
Beneath her mask Luna grinned. She couldn’t say for sure but she had a good feeling about this one.
She flinched as a pain coursed through her head. “Dammit.” She muttered, and then silently thought “This chick had better slip up quick, I don’t have all damn day....” Her mood turned sour, she wanted to get the hunt started again as soon as possible.

"Those'cheaters!" a young boy, who had brown curly hair and was only wearing some swim trunks, came stomping his way up the beach repeating the same line over and over again. "I can't believe I let them, cheat me like that!"
 "Who, cheated you?"  Roy asked the fuming boy.
"Those three." The young boy pointed over to three people who clearly did not belong anywhere near a beach, or this island. All three were dressed up in long dark clothing. Hoods drawn up on their jackets,  'do these guys not get hot?' 
 "How did they cheat you?" 
"Well it was just supposed to be a 3v3, so I sent out one of mine and all three of them sent out one of theirs, saying it was going to be 3 of mine versus 3 of each of theirs."
 "Hey you, how about a 3v3, winner takes all" 
"And why should we do that?" The one in the middle said.
 "So I could get you out of this tournament already."  Roy said with a rather cheerful expression.
"Haha, thats, funny." The same one said, while humerous at first turned into a very serious tone.
"I'll start first then. Lucario" Lucario stepped foreward.
"Hmph," he drew out a Pokeball from his coat pocket. "Gliscor." The flying scorpion came out in a glow of red light. The one to the left of him pulled out a Pokeball of his own. "Magmortar."
"Talonflame"

The three Pokemon stood opposite of Lucario.  "So you three are cheaters."  Roy pulled out two more of his Pokeballs, "Vaporeon, Salamander." The Charizard roared onto the scene, while the Vaporeon calmly walked next to Lucario. A fourth Pokemon appeared next to Roy, a small Pichu, that jumped onto his shoulder, and stealing his hat in the process. "Pichu, what are you doing?"
"Pichuuu chuuu." Rolling his eyes, he focused back onto the battle. "Lucario, jump onto Salamander's back, and start up a Aura Sphere. Salamander, Fly. Vaporeon, start with Aurora Beam."
The three Pokemon did as they were told very quickly. Salamander took off into the sky with Lucario firmly on his back. Vaporeon let loose a blue electric like beam that froze the ground between the Pokemon.
"Magmortar, use Flamethrower to melt the ice."
"Gliscor, glide over the ice and use Thunder Fang on that Vaporeon."
"Talonflame, charge after that Charizard, with a Brave Bird."
"Lucario now!" Lucario released the charged up Aura Sphere, aiming it at the ground. "Vaporeon, into the water quickly." Vaporeon jumped over to the waters edge and disappeared underneath the waves. The charged Aura Sphere crashed into the frozen sand, breaking it and sending shards flying. Many of the shards hit the two Pokemon that were still on the ground effectively knocking them down. The shock of what just happened seemed to stun the three hoodlums. "Salamander meet that Talonflame half way, and use Flame Spin." Salamander Dove towards the Talonflame gaining speed as it went. "Lucario, jump off when you can."
Shaking it off. "Magmortar, Sunny Day" Magmortar, made his way back to both of his feet, he pointed his cannons towards the sky and charged up a ball of fire before shooting it upwards. "Gliscor, find that Vaporeon and use Thunder Fang on it." Gliscor nodded his head and flew over the Lake.
"Vaporeon, Scald" a rush of boiling hot water sprang up from underneath the Gliscor knocking it from the sky and making him land in the Lake. "Vaporeon, finish it with another Scald." Vaporeon jumped up and shot another jet of water sending the Gliscor back onto the beach knocked out. A red beam envoloped Gliscor, returning him to his Pokeball.
Back up in the sky Salamander and the Talonflame were going at it, the Flame Spin was powered up even more from the Sunny Day. Though it didn't seem to do any damage other than stopping the Talonflame from continuing its assault. Salamander, swooped down towards the ground. Lucario jumped off of Salamander's back, landing in front of Magmortar.

So far, Quinn had participated in four battles, and won three of them. Not bad for me, he thought, smiling. That last one was pretty tough, but I think I learned something from the battle. Looking down at the six Staryu chips in his palm, the boy laughed. "I didn't think I'd get this far, but...there's something nice about it, all the same."

<Yeah, you did pretty good, Quinn> Shaymin chimed in. While not very talkative in Land Forme, the small hedgehog still made itself known from time to time.

<Seems Naian and Makua are getting tired, though> the pink-haired boy replied with a worried frown. <What do you think I should do? Take a rest?>

<Why don't you use the other Pokémon you have?> Shaymin suggested.

<No way! They're sc--I mean, I don't know how to deal with them.>

<You'll have to learn eventually.>

<Yeah, but...> Quinn nibbled his lip worriedly. Not only were the other two scary, but they were also exclusively used by...no, never mind, she didn't exist. Just a figment of his imagination. Sitting down on a bench, the boy stretched and relaxed, closing his eyes. Just gonna take a short nap...let my Pokémon rest for a bit...

9bWDx4R.png

Matilda kept her eyes peeled on the distance. She had curbstomped a few trainers now, forcing them to bring out their best, but none of them owned legendaries. There was that one time she had trailed a silver-haired boy with bright green eyes. He had looked like he had potential, but she had been disappointed when an hour passed and still no legendary, so she had moved on.

There are probably more hunters here, she thought. Well, not that I mind. I don't have a monopoly on the legendaries...just so long as they get wiped out...especially... she gritted her teeth. Especially that damned Suicune. Unbeknownst to the black-haired woman, she was giving off an aura of black rage which made everybody in the vicinity back away at least a couple meters.

The only person to approach her was a brunette with droopy eyes and clothing that was far too warm for the season. Then again, she was one to talk, being underdressed. Not that the black-haired woman cared. After all, she was tough enough to take care of herself if any grab-happy men decided to get handsyWhat is up with this girl? Matilda thought as the person walked closer, looking as if she had not a care in the world. She's far too...laid-back. Isn't she competing? No, maybe she's just a passerby.

Once she was standing right in front of the hunter, the girl gave her a goofy grin over a red-and-black checkered scarf, “Heya, whatchu doin? Searchin’ for Staryu chips?”

"...Yes," Matilda replied, backing up a couple paces. There was something about this person...far too...warm and cozy. She gave off an aura of peace and relaxation, something Matilda hadn't felt in a long time. The woman's shoulders dropped almost unconsciously, and she blinked a couple times before shaking her head. Now's not the time to get your head in the clouds. You've got a job, Tilde.

The girl stumbled over her feet and giggled, “Sorry feeling a bit t-t-tired.” Before Matilda could react, the strange girl had already listed right into her. The twintailed woman blamed her delayed reaction to the wooziness she was feeling, as she generally wouldn't let others even touch her, let alone crash into her. She almost stumbled herself from the mixture of surprise and the extra weight her body was now supporting.

The hunter stood there for one long second before recovering, gently prying the girl off of her chest and keeping her gloved hands on said girl's jacket-clad shoulders to keep her upright. "Are you well?" she asked, the foreign words falling stiffly from her mouth. When was the last time she had asked after somebody's health? How many years has it been? So why was she saying it now? This girl was a bad influence.

Well, I know one thing, the black-haired woman thought. This person cannot be a Guardian. Far too relaxed and laid-back for such a position. Though... the image of an energetic pink-haired girl popped into place. No, Quinn may be silly, but they're also intense and hard-working. Nothing like this girl. Therefore, talking to her was pointless. But she was still doing it. Why? "You should be more careful. There are strange people about, and you could get hurt." Of course, I'm probably one of the stranger ones...

This girl... Matilda thought. No sense of survival at all! How has she even lived this long?

WKRJ2Jz.png

"Pelipper, return!" a beam of red light shot out of the man's left-hand Poke Ball and consumed the Pelipper, before the man threw another, "Escavalier, your move!"

Damian cursed to himself as the inevitable Steel-type came out, and especially at the fact that it had to be an Escavalier of all things. Between that, the Pelipper that the man just returned and the expectant Mega Rhyperior, it was no wonder why the dark-skinned man had 6 Staryu Chips already.

"I knew I should've stolen a Magnezone before I took him on," Damian muttered to himself, before turning to Stallion, 'Welp, you think you can keep going?'

'Ready when you are, sir,' was Stallion's reply. Damian nodded

"Alright then. Use Dragon Dance, then immediately follow that up with Waterfall!"

"You can't use two moves at once!" the man tried to call out, but it was too late; Stallion was already charging straight for the trainer's Escavalier, "Defend yourself!"

There was only one way the Escavalier knew how do that. All of a sudden, a forest green aura enveloped one of the Cavalry Pokemon's lances, and just as Stallion shot himself in range, the Pokemon thrust that lance with all its might. This in turn propelled the Dragon Pokemon back, with it sprawling across the ground defeated. Damian sighed, bringing out the Poke Ball that he kept Stallion in.

"Well that happened," Damian said as he pressed the button, returning Stallion to its Poke Ball, 'Damn it, if that masked murderer had beat it a long time ago, I wouldn't have had such atrocious luck right now! Ugh, maybe I should just tell her to go away myself...'

~ 11:47am

As the battle dragged on, both trainers watched as their pokemon started to show signs of fatigue and they knew the battle would soon be over, however neither of them could hide their frustration. For Steve it was because the battle isn't going as he had visualised it, but for Herman it was because he realised the battle wasn't going to be as easy as he thought it would be with his overwhelming type advantage.

"One more move should seal this, Weavile, Ice Punch!" Herman called as the Sharp Claw pokemon hurtled towards a weary looking Garchomp with a frozen fist, albeit slower than normal because its energy is low. From the moment Herman called his attack, Steve quickly formulated a potential winning image, sure it was risky, but it was the only option he has left.

"Garchomp, lean to the right and strike with Fire Fang!" The Mach pokemon leaned its body to the right just before Weavile struck and as Garchomps fangs lit on fire, it lunged foward towards Weavile's left arm causing an explosion that propelled the Sharp Claw pokemon in front of its trainer defeated, at that point a distraught looking Herman returned the defeated pokemon to its pokeball, tossed his two Staryu Chips to Steve and left without saying a word.

~ 13:02pm

"Ampharos, finish this with Thunderbolt!" As the Light pokemon's attack struck the opposing Linoone, Steve had secured his fifth Staryu Chip. As much as he wanted to win two Staryu Chips from the trainer wearing shorts and a blue cap, but the latter was adamant on betting one.

"Time to change things up I reckon." Steve thought to himself as he began to head for the nearest pokemon center to swap out some pokemon. Eyeing him however was a guy with blue hair wearing a red tracksuit who decided to follow him.

"Master I think we need to move discreetly."

Steve was confused at first, but decided to respond regardless. "And why is that?"

"I believe someone is following us." Latios replied "I think he wants to challenge us."

"Well then, he'll have to wait."

~ 13:16pm

After a couple of minutes, Steve was satisfied with the choice had made, As soon as he logged off the computer, he turned around where the guy with blue hair from before was waiting for him.

"I see you decided to swap some pokemon around eh?" the guy known as Ace enquired in the nicest way possible. "You must be pretty good then, am I right?"

"Thanks for the compliment." Steve replied "What would you say to a 3-on-3 battle for 2 Staryu Chips?"

"You're on!"

Jason sighed, having just won his first battle of the day. He walked over to the defeated trainer, holding out his hand. "Now if you don't mind, I'll take those two chips from you." He said, an unconscious Scizor on one end of the field and a very proud-looking Arcanine at the other, slowly strutting its way up to Jason.

"B-but..." The young trainer started, not much younger than Jason.

"Hand them over, c'mon. I didn't actually mean it when I said, 'If you don't mind,' I actually need those." He interrupted, the defeated-looking boy depositing the chips into his hand. "That's what I thought, but don't worry. Practice makes perfect." Jason gave a warm smile to the young trainer, whose mood suddenly shot up as he walked away after returning his Scizor to his Pokeball.

"Alright, let's go Arcanine." Jason told his Pokemon and started walking, not quite sure where he was going. The dog-like Pokemon at his side. "Honestly, I'd rather nap right now. No real need to hunt now, they'll show themselves eventually." He muttered, sitting down in the shade of a tree as he leaned against it, Arcanine laying down beside him and put his head in Jason's lap. "Now we wait. Someone else will challenge us."

His mind flashed back to home, his mother and three sisters. No, Jay. Now now. It's not time to think of that. He thought to himself, running his hand along the stubble that was growing on his face. 

Diana leisurely strolled about Archanum City, stopping to watch a few Pokemon battles and to converse with a few trainers. Of course, a wine glass tipped dangerously in her hand, its contents sloshing about, threatening to spill, with each of her drunken steps. A Slurpuff followed loyally at her heels, occasionally offering its mistress some more wine from the bottle it held in its hand when her glass got low. Meanwhile, a Spinda balanced precariously on the woman's shoulder, constantly appearing to almost fall off only to miraculous regain its balance. All things considered, it was quite an amusing sight to behold, however no one dare laugh and point to dramatically for everyone recognized her as the sole inheritor of the Espinoza Estate and fortune, not to mention the hostess of the tournament. 

Diana's eyes lazily drifted across a small crowd of people before focusing on a young gentleman that seemed to be preoccupied biting his lip out of anxiety. His hair had a pinkish hue and his emerald eyes were hidden behind a pair of glasses and a mask of worry. "What could possib *hiccup* ly be the matter? Are you not hav *hiccup* ing fun?" She asked the significantly shorter gentleman, bending slightly to look him in the eye. "Surely you haven't a cause to look so worried. This is a *hiccup* celebration, after all!" She exclaimed. "Perhaps, you need a little drink, eh?" She inquired mischievously, holding out a fresh glass of wine to the young man. 

2qtv5g2.jpg

Crayton triumphantly snatched the Staryu Chips out of the hands of the poor trainer he had just creamed. Well, of course, he hadn't really beat them. The device in his ear had beat them, but regardless, Crayton was flushed with the pride of his victory. "Don't feel to badly. Maybe you just weren't cut out to be a Pokemon trainer." He scoffed arrogantly at his defeated opponent before walking away. 

He beamed at the four Staryu Chips that he held in his hand. Earlier in the day he had been fearful, having nearly lost all of his Staryu Chips after disregarding the advice he had got from his Battle Adviser. Fortunately, he had been able to sucker in a couple of weaklings to replenish his stock. Now, he was feeling a bit peckish. Perhaps he would take a break from battling to get something to eat. After all of the work he had gone to in order to get back his Staryu Chips, he thought he deserved a reward.

"Question is, who will I give the pleasure of eating with me?" 

"Oh come on now....I thought you would be more fun than this..."

Greed was beside himself. The challenger he ran into had some strong Pokemon with him, but none seemed to be able to take down the Snorlax he had sent out. Though it wasn't really Snorlax, or Sloth as it's nickname went, it was Envy, the rater faster and more cunning female Zoroark in his party. The challenger narrowed his eyes as his jaw clenched before speeking through grated teeth.

"There is no way in hell a Snorlax could be this fast..."

Greed meerly smiled and wagged a finger.

"Why else would a keep a pokemon like him in my party? No one expects a fast Snorlax."

The pokemon turned its head to its trainer and glared, obviously not amused with being called a HE. Greed winked at "Sloth" and smiled as if to say Oh you know I'm kidding. "Sloth" turned back to the battle and bellowed a roar as if to say get it over with and Greed yawned in agreement. With a wave of his hand and motioned his pokemon to finish the battle, which it did without hesitation.

"H...how....how could it......move like that?" The man stammered as Greed walked up to him with his palm out. The man took out his case and handed over his 2 Staryu chips before looking Greed in the eyes. "Tell me how...."

Greed chuckled as he leaned in slowly. "You really want to know?" He asked. The man nodded and Greed snapped his fingers. In a flash the Snorlax was replaced by Envy, snarling and bearing her teeth at the trainer, who grew wide eyed and ran away in terror. Greed stiffled a chuckle and turned to Envy.

"Oh come now, must we greet all trainers like that?" The Zoroark snorted and looked away. He chuckled again before petting his pokemon between the ears. "Aw, my poor poor Envy. I wouldn't have you any other way." His mouth grew into a wide smile. "I bet you're hungry now. Lets go get something to eat huh?" The pokemon growled in responce but nudged Greed's hand as a way of saying ok. He cocked his head to motion her to follow him as they headed off, looking for a decent food stand to quell Envy's now ravenous stomach.

smallest_steal_zpsqqf9bwle.png

Cain and Bub, his Azumarill, were sitting underneath a tree around the Archanum Manor, holding one of his two Staryu Chips above him against the sun. "So I'm suppose to be getting these Staryu Chips from other trainers? What a drag. Why couldn't this of been like a normal tournament?" Cain complained to himself, letting out an audible sigh. He wasn't fond of the idea of having to actually communicate with other trainers - he'd much rather of done a standard tourney. That way he could minimize communication, not to mention it would be much quicker. He pressed his eyebrows together in frustration. "Oh well, at least these Staryu Chips are nice" He remarked, turning the Staryu Chip he had in his hard around to see the back.  "What do you think?" He turned around to his Azumarill. The Azumarill turned to Cain and gave a small smile and nod. Cain smiled and pet his Azumarill on the head - he usually wasn't friendly, but he could never not be in a good mood when referring to Bub. He was Cain's best friend, after all.

Cain sighed again. Despite how he felt about the whole situation, he secretly hoped someone would come up to him and challenge him. After all, while he doesn't like the idea he didn't come to this tournament just to relax under a tree and lose, although he didn't like the idea of searching people out. Plus, he could see in Azumarill's eyes that he was anxious to fight, and he knew that the rest of his Pokemon probably felt the same way. Even Latias, who had been nervous ever since they stepped foot in this place, was getting a bit impatient with Cain. He wasn't sure if it was because she wanted to get it over with or if she was legitimately excited for Cain, but he could definitely feel the emotions. Of course, he didn't plan on using Latias - after learning that Latias was a Legendary Pokemon Cain knew that he had to keep her hidden. Plus, using a legendary in a tournament like this would be cheating! Cain was many things, but not a cheater. "Give me like fifteen minutes to rest, then we'll go look for someone to fight, alright?" Cain said to his Azumarill, which was greeted with a happy sounding "Azu~" as it jumped in joy. Cain smiled, set an alarm on his phone for fifteen minutes, and went back to resting on the tree, staring at the Staryu Chip once again.

"What could possib *hiccup* ly be the matter? Are you not hav *hiccup* ing fun?"

Quinn glanced up, eyes widened. He hadn't detected her at all. Then again, he had been distracted. "Um...wh--" oh wait, she was that one lady that was hosting this, wasn't she? Diana Espinoza? He felt relieved that this strange lady arrived, actually. That had been a bit too close to...well, no, she didn't exist, of course, what was he thinking? "It's fun..." he muttered. Well, truthfully he had mixed feelings so far. There had been a few scary people, but also some nice people. "We just need to take a break," he continued.

Miss Diana bent over to speak with him at eye level. "Surely you haven't a cause to look so worried. This is a *hiccup* celebration, after all! Perhaps, you need a little drink, eh?"

Wait, what?! Wine? But he was underaged! "No!" the pinkette squeaked, before clearing his throat. Despite having went through puberty, his voice was still rather...high-pitched. He blamed his father. "I mean, no thanks," he smiled nervously. "But thanks anyway," oh, he was babbling wasn't he? Best change the subject. "How are you?" he asked politely.

<Wow. That wasn't obvious at all.>

Thankfully, telepathy didn't require speaking aloud, or he would have embarrassed himself even more with his next words. <I-I can't help it! She's weird...> the pink-haired boy glanced at the Slurpuff holding the wine bottle, as well as the Spinda balanced on the woman's shoulder. How does it do that? he wondered. Well, it wouldn't hurt to talk to her while he was resting his Pokémon, right? Aside from the weirdness, she wasn't that scary. Not like some of the trainers here, anyway.

Staryu chips...I need to get eight more just to continue. No pressure at all... Jace thought to himself as he put his case in his pocket.

This day was the one he had been hearing about before...especially from him. He clenched his fists and looked over at his Lucario companion, Kai, as the two fist bumped each other.

"We got this, don't we, Kai?" Jace asked with a smile.

Of course, Jace. Kai nodded, speaking to Jace using telepathy. We haven't trained all that time for nothing!

It did Jace good to see his best friend and partner having that much faith in their skills. It was a sintch...even with the amount of amazing trainers on the island, they probably had nothing on him and his Pokémon. The pair walled off, as he punched his open hand, smirking.

"Let's get them chips!" Jace smirked, preparing his mission to gather the chips.

"This is ridiculous..." Another voice shot into Jace's mind as the trainer rolled his eyes some. "Gathering useless items just to continue. One needs to show his battle prowess...not collect junk."

Look Mew...I don't like it much either, but its a nice way to get a challenge. Sorta like medals of honor! Jace thought back.

"A meaningless mission. This time could be spent with your training...not this fool's errand."

Jace shrugged and ignored this comment, not wanting to have this damper his day.

*Gurgle Gurgle Gurgle*

Oz gripped his stomach tightly, as Helen snickered.  He had forgotten that he hadn't eaten since he had arrived to the island.

*Gurgle*

"This is almost a situation where i'm tempted to use my powers in broad daylight...gee whiz i'm hungry!"  the image of a Miltank Burger made him drool at the thought of consuming such a delicious morsel.  He was still in the woods, so he was making his way back into the main district area to find a local eatery.  However, he had recently claimed two more Staryu Chips from a picnicker girl.  He grimaced at the disgusting sight of his staryu chips being uneven.  He would have battle for two chips, and then battle again for just one!  "I should've taken that brats staryu chip instead of leaving him with just one...such is life.  Geez...i've been picking on too many kids at this tournament today."

Oz was interrupted when he tripped over some guy laying against a tree.  Oz was about to blow his top when he noticed the stranger was asleep under the tree, next to what he assumed was his Azumarill.  "You shouldn't leave your pokemon out like that in the midst of strangers you know...who knows who's at this tournament waiting to nab some poor souls partner."  He didn't think people were that devious here, although he might've seen a Burglar running around the place.  

After getting back on his feet, Oz could see the exit to the forest and was reunited with the main public that he had been so desperate as to avoid.  Trainer's were still battling here, and he could see desperation on each of their faces.  What were they hoping to achieve here, did they think themselves able to win this tournament while he was here?

"What a cocky thought..." Palkia chimed in.  

"Don't read my mind like that please...." Oz sighed.

"Why not...I like to know what's happening.  I can't see unless you know...i rip the very fabric of space to take a peek.  That's kind of noticeable though don't you think?"  Why was his tone so casual for a Legendary?  "Human..."  There was the superiority that Oz was waiting for.  

"Well then stay out of the private stuff alright!"  

"We're partners right?  We don't talk much so i have to dig into that big brain of yours to know you...you know?...Human."  

"Question is, who will I give the pleasure of eating with me?" 

Someone who could lead him to food?  Perfect!  Oz approached the very approachable man.  His stomach growled as he went to greet him.

"Well if you'd like, the dashing battle wizard Oz would gladly accompany you...that is if you know where the good eats are!" 

The phone in Cains pocket vibrated violently. "Damn, it's been fifteen minutes already?" he muttered under his breathe, as he stood up and went to get the attention of Bub, who had been waiting desperately. "We better get started on getting these chips, huh?" the unlikely duo started walking in search for a battle, much to Cain's resentment. Not long after searching, though, a strange man with circular glasses and a bug-net darted towards Cain. "Hey kid...wanna battle?" He said in a creepy and menacing voice. "U-Uh su-" before Cain could finish, the man blurted out "2v2, 2 Chips. Lets do this kid!", followed by a cackle. Cain sighed "Why do I always get the weird ones..." he thought to himself, drawing out his first Pokeball. "Go, Inti!" He threw out his Pokeball with alarming speed. A large Volcarona darted right out of its Pokeball and spread its wing menacingly, starting straight at Cain. "Terra, lend me your strength!" Cain shouted, throwing his Pokeball. As much as he hated asking people for battles, and despite how little Cain usually cared about everything, for some reason he always got passionate about a good Pokemon battle. The Garchomp busted out of its Pokemon, letting out a ferocious roar. "Terra, start it off with a little Stealth Rocks!" "Inti, dodge his attack and go for a Hurricane!" The Garchomp seemingly rushed towards the Volcarona, but as the Volcarona darted towards the right and began its attack, Terra dug its claws to the ground and threw up rocks in the air. Somehow, these stones manages to stay floating around the strange trainer and the Volcarona. Unfazed by this, the Volcarona unleashes a fury of wind towards the Garchomp, blowing it back into the ground itself. Garchomp lands with a large *THUD* but manages to get back on its feet. 

"You call that an attack!?" the strange man lets out a loud cackle "Inti, fire off another Hurricane" The Volcarona began to move its wings to fire off another gust of wind. "Terra, dodge it and go for Dragon Tail!" The Garchomp waited patiently for the attack to begin. As soon as it saw the Volcarona begin to unleash the gust of wind, Garchomp darted quickly towards Volcarona, and side-stepped to dodge the incoming assault. "Inti, dodge it!" But before the Volcarona could attempt to dodge it, Garchomp was already upon its prey. Garchomp quickly turned around and smacked Volcarona straight in what's assumed to be its chest area. The Volcarona goes flying towards its trainer, forcing him to return it to its Pokeball before Volcarona slams him into the ground. "That's dirty!" The man shouted, gritting his teath. He pulled out another Pokeball. "Go, Scyther!" The giant mantis appeared on the battle field almost as quickly as Volcarona had left it. However, before it could do anything, the floating stones that Garchomp had set before it dove straight into it, dealing massive damage to it.  "S-Scyther!" he shouted  in shock, as Scyther let out a yell in pain. While it wasn't enough to faint the beast, Scyther still looked weakened from the rocky assault. "Terra, Fire Blast." Cain calmly said, with a grin on his face. Fire started to appear from the Garchomps mouth. "Scyther, use Aerial Ace before it attacks!" Despite being hurt by the rocks, the Scyther didn't hesitate to dive straight into Garchomp, unleashing its deadly scythe hands on it before Garchomp could unleash its deadly blast. Scythe swung at the Garchomps chest, leaving a nasty scar. Everything seemed to go well. Scyther grit its teeth as Garchomp stumbled backwards from the surprise attack. The hit look like it did critical damage to the Garchomp, nearly fainting it.  However, Garchomp wasn't the only one who looked like it was about to faint - as it turned out, due to the Garchomps Rough Skin, Scyther took quite a beating from simply touching Garchomp. However, its trainer didn't seem to notice "Finish it off with another Aerial Ace!" "Terra!" Before Cain could give Garchomp any command, the Scyther went in for another attack. This time, Scyther managed to hit Garchomp right in the head...and on its Rocky Helmet it was wearing. This attack was too much for both Pokemon to handle, as both of them fainted - Scyther from the rough exterior of the helmet and Garchomp's skin and Garchomp from the frenzy of attacks.

The man looked shocked and upset, as he furiously threw his Pokeball back into the ring "I don't know how you did that, but I will assure that I win!" He shouted "Finish him off, Inti!" The Volcarona returned to the battle field, looking upset about the blow Garchomp had gave it. To make matters worst, the floating stones that had heavily crippled Scyther dug themselves into Volcarona. The Volcarona was clearly in pain, and it looked like it would faint at any moment. Cain simply smiled, as he tossed out his last Pokemon. "Go, Bubs." The Azumarill entered the battlefield excitedly. "You think just because you have a Water-type you can beat Inti!? Use Giga Drain and teach this kid a lesson!" The Volcarona started to prepare to attack, but before it could move Cain simply said "Aqua Jet" Before the Volcarona could finish its attack, Bub darted like an aquatic missile straight at Volcarona's chest area - around the place Terra had smacked it with its tail. The Volcarona simply could not take anything else, and fainted as soon as the Azumarill hit it. The man started to shout incoherently, clearly upset about the loss. Before Cain could say anything, he stormed off, dropping off 2 Staryu Chips behind him.

Cain walked up to where the chips had dropped and picked them up. "Lets get these guys healed up" Cain said, returning all of his Pokemon to their Pokeballs and began his search for the closes Pokemon Center.  Cain figured that there would be something similar to a center in the Archanum Manor, so he started walking towards it.

Jason looked to the cloudy sky, his hand on Arcanine's head.

"Well, this wasn't so bad," he thought out loud, quickly moving his attention to Arcanine, "Well, bud, time to get moving." The sleepy Pokemon groggily complied, moving its head in agreement as the two got up, stretching their now-stiff limbs.

"It's about lunch time, isn't it?" He looked down at Arcanine, the orange-furred Pokemon became more lively at the idea, prompting a slight chuckle from Jason. The faint sound of a click arose as he pulled a Poke Ball off his belt, tapping his finger to the button in the centre to enlarge it. "C'mon, bud. We'll get everyone some food." 

"Arrr..." The dog-like Pokemon complained as it was returned to its Poke Ball, Jason returning it to the holster on his belt with yet another click. His hands quickly found their way to his pockets, noticing stares of people as he walked on. Some people just act like they haven't seen a couple tattoos before in their life... Odd though, no one's challenging me. Jason's thoughts were met with a sigh, walking into the closest restaurant he could find.

He found himself in a fairly large place, the centre of which held a very large aquarium in which he watched trainers release their Water-type Pokemon into. A smile crept onto Jason's face as he pulled another Poke Ball from his belt, enlarging it as he threw it into the air, his Milotic emerging in a flash of light. "Miiiii~" The serpent-like Pokemon sang as she dove splash-less into the aquarium, drawing attention from other Pokemon and trainers alike, Milotic swimming in a way that could almost be described as flirtatious.

~Tayla, Cysero and Ferdinand~

"...Cy, are you sure you picked that up from a police radio...?"

The trio had been traveling the grounds for a while, trying to find the person described over the random transmission that the Porygon-Z had randomly intercepted. However, Tayla herself was starting to tap on her knee with her fingers, getting annoyed with something that was starting to turn out to look less and less real.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I can't make up things that wild."

"...robberies aren't that wild."

"I meant the appearance. That is wild."

Tayla narrowed her eyes at the 'gon-Z to her right, whom was still scanning the area around him for the one described. "So says the scatterbrain," she muttered under her breath before hearing Ferdinand's hoof digging into the ground.

"Hey, incoming! That Dodrio looks swift!"

...swift?

Following the Rapidash's gaze after looking down towards Ferdinand, the huntress soon spotted a quick-moving Dodrio blazing across the grassy grounds, though Tayla realized that the bird was just taking its workout jog. "Huh, I guess we can take a break from searching for now. Shall we?"

Even though the fiery unicorn wasn't looking at her, she could just see the grin on his muzzle.

"Let's do this!" Rearing up slightly, Ferdinand kicked up the speed to run after the three-headed bird, Cysero zipping into her DNA scanner just so he could keep up...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Tayla and Spellthief~

"Spellthief, quit dancing and slap him silly with Tail Slap!" An exasperated groan came from the huntress as she watched the goofy Smeargle dancing about without a care in the world, jumping up as the opposing short-fused Primape tried to rush forward towards him with a Thrash. Once landing, the Smeargle spun the brush end of his tail around in the air before starting to leave the Primape with a variety of colorful splashes of paint after connecting five times with the attack.

All while wearing a set of headphones that was blasting music into his ears at full volume.

"Dammit, stay still and LEMME HIT YOU," Tayla heard the Primape rage towards the goofy Smeargle, whom was playing a dangerous game with his foe. Due to an earlier critical hit from one of her earlier Pokemon, Battery the Magnezone, the Primape was already at max strength from its Anger Point, so one Fighting-type move would be more than enough to KO the dancing Pokemon easily.

The only response the raging ape got was the Smeargle singing aloud the lyrics of a song that wasn't in a language she knew after translation, which netted another sigh. "At least Leech Seed it if you're gonna bounce about."

In all honesty, Tayla was glad her foe used a Minccino earlier when she first had Spellthief out, which allowed her to have him Sketch the multi-hit Normal-type move. The Smeargle wouldn't probably have a good move to use otherwise.

The paint on Spellthief's tail turned a dark-color before he began to spin the brush once more like a lasso above his head before landing one more slap on the ape, causing a set of spores to transfer from fur to fur. After the transfer, the spores began to grow into vines almost immediately around the Primape...who managed to become even more p!ssed.

"That's it, Cross Chop this---!"

"Tail Slap!"

Before the opponent could finish, Tayla launched another command and Spellthief stopped dancing, instead fully focusing on the battle now. He recognized the tone of panic unique to her that could easily be mistaken for something else.

Just like the first time, he began to spin the brush of his tail above his head, but he didn't begin slapping immediately. Instead, he waited, allowed the Primape to get dangerously close with the glowing X that his foe was making before finally releasing the first smack, knocking the Primape onto his ass before releasing further smacks that knocked him around some more.

On the last smack did the Primape go down and stay down, covered in various splotches of paint that had no two puddles share the same shade of color with each other. Said color was soon outshone by the verbal spray of color that her opponent, the same kid she saw earlier on the Dodrio, which soon had both Pokemon and Huntress staring at him.

"I should wash your mouth out with soap, but I'm not your mother. Chips, please," she asked as she held out her hands towards the kid. Still sore that he was out so early, he handed Tayla over both chips from his case before about-facing and running crying after recalling his Primape. "...wow, that kid needed to travel more before joining something like this."

"F-Foofoo!" A foreign woman with an orange barrette ran up to her fainted Furfrou. Cain simply sighed. His Alakazam, Stein, had little to no issue taking down its furry foe - after Mega Evolving and Taunting the Furfrou, it was all down hill for the young girl. After all, there wasn't much the dog could do after Stein traced its ability. Cain stuck his hand out at the girl, who had stored away her beloved Furfrou away into a Pokeball. Reluctantly, she handed over the two Staryu Chips that hey had better on for the battle before scurrying away. "At least I got two more chips" Cain said softly to himself, returning the Alakazam to his Pokeball. "That's six then - four more to go
"
He didn't even get to healing off his Garchomp - the young girl interrupted him while he was walking and challenged him to a battle. As he was heading towards the manor, he felt his stomach growling.
"Right, I haven't eaten anything since breakfast." Cain sighed "Well, I guess a small detour wouldn't be terrible. Plus, maybe someone will know where I can go heal my Pokemon. What do you say?" He turned to his Azumarill, which had been outside its Pokeball and by his side the entire time. The Azumarill looked down to its stomach - a small growl could be heard - before looking back up to Cain "Azu!"He smiled at the small aquatic rabbit "Then its settled" He slid his hands into his pockets, and started looking around for a place to get something to eat. Hopefully he wouldn't get interrupted by another trainer.

~

Luckily, no one stopped Cain as he headed towards a large restaurant. Inside, there was an aquarium where trainers would release their aquatic themed Pokemon into it. One of the Pokemon, a Milotic, seemed to catch everyone's attention, including Cains. "I haven't seen one of those in a long time" he remarked to himself. Before he could do anything else though, his Azumarill made a mad-dash towards the aquarium to join the other Pokemon. "W-Wait, Bubs!" He shouted, but it seemed like the Azumarill didn't hear him - that, or it had no intention to stop. Cain sighed - he was hoping to avoid the aquarium and not talk to anyone. Regardless, he couldn't leave Bubs alone. Scrunching his eyebrows together, he followed the eager Azumarill towards to aquarium, hoping no one would talk to him.

Winnie sighed now at the edge of the Archanum Forest. For a suspect that had such hard to miss features you'd think that she'd have been able to find him by now, but no dice. Not even any of the other contestants had appeared to have seen him. So now she stood at the edge of the forest, though to be quite frank her odds of finding him at this point where slim, and due the nearly endless amount of hiding places and miles of forest Winnie doubted her chances.

"WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Winnie was startled out of her inner thoughts by the shrill sound of what appeared to a muscled fully grown man screaming as he ran in what Winnie could only describe as pure terror right into her.

"Wha-!" Winnie let out a startled yelp as the weight of the scared man tackled her to the ground. "Excuse me!? Are you aware you're assaulting an officer, sir please get off me!" 

"Oh, uh... sorry?" The man replied rather sheepishly as he dusted himself off, while Winnie gave him an ice cold glare.

"Now, would you mind telling me exactly why you just... umm... well attacked me?"

W-well you see... there was this guy... and he had this really fast Snorlax... but it wasn't actually a Snorlax, it was like this vicious Zoroark, and like it was super scary, and it kinda snarled at me, and so yeah..."

"Uhh... ok..." Winnie could only sigh, but proceeded to take out the pad of paper she had to take down the offending trainer's description, she'd have to find this Trainer now too, and report him for his Zoroark's aggressiveness... what a hassle...

"Well he had these weird eyes, and his hair was all silver like-"

"Wait, what!?" Winnie's attention was instantly piqued at that. Not even waiting for the man to give the rest of that description Winnie ran had first into the woods. "Haha... gotcha now sucker~" Winnie smirked, maybe she'd put this case to bed after all. Oh, how she loved stupid criminals.

Archived