[PKMN] Tournament of Legends [IC]

Ren✧

"I swear, I have the weirdest Milotic..." Jason thought, once again, aloud. His Milotic was definitely something else, swimming around the other Pokemon in such a manner that you could watch them turn, keeping their gaze to the serpent.

"Well, at least she's enjoying herself," his vocalized thoughts continued to emerge. His attention was diverted by an overly-enthusiastic Azumarill, prompting an amused smirk from Jason, "That's the thing about Pokemon, they're just like humans, in a way. They're intelligent, capable of independent thought with their own emotions and personalities," the statement directed at the messy-haired young man walking behind the Azumarill, who he assumed to be its trainer.

He looked around, looking at all the other trainers with their non-aquatic Pokemon, then returning his gaze to the aquarium. "They've become our partners, it's something beautiful. Our world has been destroyed and here we are, we've survived. It's only deepened the bond between the two races. Despite the chaos and evil in this world," his remark about evil being towards the legendaries, discreetly keeping his fear hidden. It's odd, that way. No one would expect a person with such a love for Pokemon to be a hunter. But yet, here he was.

"In fact..." Jason trailed off, pulling two more Poke Balls from his belt, releasing both his Jolteon and Gardevoir. The proud-looking Jolteon immediately strutting up to Jason's side, while the shiny Gardevoir merely shook its head in response to Milotic's antics, "It's not fair to just let Milotic out." The Mega Stones glistened in the light, Jolteon's being on a collar while Gardevoir had hers engraved in a pendant around her neck.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WKRJ2Jz.png

Eventually, Damian managed to get back into the game, not only defeating the man with the Mega Rhyperior with Show Stopper and collecting his just reward, but also giving that probably masked murderer the slip on top of that. And to think he had to grab himself a Magnezone from somewhere and collect another six Staryu Chips on top of what he already had. It looked like Damian wouldn't have time to watch Naomi battle after all. With so much work ahead of him, Damian decided that he'd go grab something to eat, but Show Stopper wasn't entirely happy with that decision.

'You've got to be kidding me,' she said telepathically, 'You're so far behind the game right now, and all you can think of is stuffing your face?!'

'I haven't eaten all of yesterday!' Damian protested, in his mind of course.

'And whose fault is that, Einstein?!' Show Stopper continued to make a scene, which would certainly attract the public towards the two of them having their own little fallout. The weird thing was that the black-haired "chick" and the Masquerain weren't even physically arguing with each other; it looked more like the two were engaged in some kind of staring contest with one another, trying to out-intimidate each other with infernal, stony glares.

'Twas a wonder how the two could have possibly been good for each other.

Diana shrugged when the pink-haired child declined her offer of wine. So be it. It meant more for her. Which was good, considering her own glass was now empty. Turning around, she had her Slurpuff refill her glass before returning her attention to her newest acquaintance. "How are you?" He asked, bringing a smile to Diana's face. It wasn't often that someone asked how the hostess of an event like this was holding up. "Oh deary, I'm *hiccup* hanging in there. But dear Arceus, I hadn't realized how much you battler types would *hiccup* complain. Of course, I'm not referring to you, sweetie. You seem posi *hiccup* tively delightful. But by Heatran I swear if I hear an *hiccup* other person complain about the "unorthodox style of this tournament" I am going to just drink myself to death." She laughed heartily at her closing remark as though she had made a hilarious joke.

"Anyway, keep your head up. Try to relax and have some fun. *hiccup* And if you decide to take me up on that off *hiccup* er for a drink, just come and find me." She waved good-bye, leaving the youth to his own devices. She then decided maybe she'd visit the docks. There was a great seafood place that overlooked the harbor where she could indulge in some lunch.

smallest_steal_zpsqqf9bwle.png

"That's the thing about Pokemon, they're just like humans, in a way." As Cain was walking towards his Azumarill, he heard the voice of a young man. He looked up to see who was talking "They're intelligent, capable of independent thought with their own emotions and personalities," It was clear as to who said these words - it was a very tall man with tattoos across his body. Judging by the fact that he was looking at Cain, he assumed that he was directing that comment to him. "Y-Yeah, it's pretty cool...." the man had caught Cain off guard. He turned to his Azumarill, who turned to look at Cain before flashing a goofy smile at him. "They've become our partners, it's something beautiful. Our world has been destroyed and here we are, we've survived. It's only deepened the bond between the two races. Despite the chaos and evil in this world," The man went on.

"In fact..." quickly, the man revealed two other Pokeballs, releasing a Jolteon and a Gardevoir, who started shaking its head. "It's not fair to just let Milotic out." Both of the Pokemon seemed to have some form of collar attached to them. Cain wasn't quite sure what was happening, or why the man released his other Pokemon, but Bubs seemed to understand perfectly, pulling on Cain's jacket "Azu Azu!" It says, pointing at the Pokeballs on Cains belt. Cain simply sighed and smiled at the Azumarill "I guess that wouldn't be fair to the others if only you got to get out..." He trailed off, before tossing two Pokeballs in to the air. Just as quickly as he had thrown the balls up, an Alakazam and a Rotom appeared on the scene. He figured that the other battle with the Furfrou barely affected Stein, and it showed. The Alakazam was standing there, not a single scratch on it from the other battle. On one of his spoons a small stone can be seen. It walked up and stood next to Cain, twisting its spoons around with its psychic powers. Meanwhile the Rotom was zipping all over the place energetically, before "sitting" on Cains shoulder, its arms in constant motion. Batri was probably the youngest member on the team, and it was also the latest Pokemon that Cain had captured. A small pink orb right hung below its face - seemingly attached to nothing. 

"Well if you'd like, the dashing battle wizard Oz would accompany you...that is if you know where the good eats are!" Crayton looked at the indigo-haired man, his signature smile appearing on his face. 

"A bit of a fan, are we?" He said, putting his arm around the man. "Well listen, I don't usually take to, you know, propositions from other men" He fixed Oz with a stare that let him know very well what Crayton meant by propositions, "but I'd be lying if I said it never happened before. Play your cards right, and just maybe." Crayton led his no acquaintance down the sidewalks that lined the streets of Archanum City, hardly letting the poor Pokemon Trainer get a word in edge wise as he rattled on about his accomplishments and good qualities.

Before long, Crayton had led them down to the dockyards and into a fancy looking seafood place. "You needn't worry about the check, my friend. Today, you dine in luxury." Flashing a few big bills at the hostess, the two were quickly seated. Of course, Crayton asked to be moved to a different table as they originally had been seated next to a very drunk woman accompanied by a Slurpuff and an equally dizzy Spinda.

After being shown to their second table, Crayton paused his monologue about himself to briefly inquire about his new company. "So, I assume you're here for the tournament too, Omar, was it?" 

2qtv5g2.jpg

"So why are we here?" Ash asked, her bare feet just barely grazing the top of Archanum Lake. After battling with the supposed psychic, Carter had dragged Ash back to the docks that they had arrived on a few days prior. The couple now sat side by side, alone on an otherwise deserted dock a little ways from the main hub of the city's port district.

Carter pulled out his phone instead of answering and sent her a message with the image of a rounded, yellow face comically snoring with a string of 'Z's running from its mouth. "You want me to take a nap? Here?" She asked, seeing the message. 

"Or you could just relax for a second? You know meditate." He offered, his gaze lingering on the deep bags beneath his girlfriend's eyes. 

"Only because you're here with me." She said, leaning against his side as she looked out across the vast lake.

Jason shot a smile at the Pokemon newly released. "A Rotom, an Alakazam, and an Azumarill. Not the most orthodox team, but neither is mine. Mega Alakazam isn't something to be taken lightly, but have you ever seen a Mega Jolteon?" Jason's smile turned into a chuckle, Jolteon noticeably flashing the Mega Stone on his collar. Taking another look around the room and then back into the aquarium, "Milotic, give that Feebas a rest. Remember when you were one, too?" He watched his Pokemon immediately turn to face Jason, almost seeming flustered by the comment. It had previously been teasing a poor Feebas, most likely due to it remaining unevolved.

"She's a weird one, but she's still a part of the team." Jason took another look around the restaurant. Seeing someone almost familiar, forcing himself to double-take. Wait, what? Could it have been..? No. Never mind, Jay. He thought to himself, returning his attention to the new trainer in front of him.

"So, the two most important things. What's your name, and how many Staryu Chips do you have?"

"A Rotom, an Alakazam, and an Azumarill. Not the most orthodox team, but neither is mine. Mega Alakazam isn't something to be taken lightly, but have you ever seen a Mega Jolteon?" Mega Jolteon? Cain wasn't sure what to expect - he had never even heard of Mega Jolteon, let along seen one. Cain was really regretting not having his Garchomp healthy, but that's what happens when you have a Pokemon who's main goal in the team is to absorb a million hits. "So, the two most important things. What's your name, and how many Staryu Chips do you have?" Cain was slightly hoping that he wasn't going to challenge him, but he also knew that it was basically inevitable. "Six. Y-You?" Cain was a bit nervous about the match-up - specifically, he was nervous about Jolteon and its unknown Mega. "However..." he turned down to his stomache, which growled right on cue. "...can I get something to eat first? I haven't eaten anything since breakfast." 

An old lighthouse stood guard over the port district of Archanum City, lending its watchful eye over the numerous ships that sailed in and out of port everyday. Currently, three ships were docking. Two were large luxury boats, still bringing tourists to the island to watch the tournament. The other was a modest fishing boat manned by what appeared to be a family of four, hauling in their morning catch. A figure stood atop the lighthouse, garbed in a cloak and wide brimmed hat, emanating an aura of malevolence. Of course, his presence was lost on all of those that meandered about below, too engrossed in their own agendas to realize the magnitude of the moment they were in. It didn't matter, they would be made aware soon enough.

"Let's force them out of hiding." The figure said, revealing an unusual Pokeball from the folds of his cloak. The inhabitant of the device made a brief appearance, emerging in a flash of black light, in contrast the normal white light that accompanied most Pokeballs, and fire three powerful blasts of concentrated energy at the approaching ships before returning to its Pokeball.

"Release them." The figure order, bringing a handheld radio to his mouth. 

2qtv5g2.jpg

The small fishing boat, still quite a ways from shore, immediately started to fill with water. One moment the boat had been whole, now a gaping hole threatened to tear it in two. The family in it immediately started to panic, knowing that any attempts to stop the boat from sinking was inevitable. Fortunately, being a family of experienced sea goers they all knew how to swim. Unfortunately, they wouldn't be able to out swim the pack of very angry, very hungry Carvanha and Sharpedo that had seemingly appeared out of nowhere and were now circling the three sinking seacraft. The two bigger ships weren't fairing much better. They too were incapable of making it to shore and while they weren't sinking as quickly as the fishermen, it would only be a few minutes before they were faced with the same situation. 

Amidst all the chaos, if one were to look at the lighthouse, they wouldn't see anything except for an aged landmark. 

wkF52NI.png

After watching so many battles between other competitors, and refusing battles from those that had mistook her for one, Prof. Guelder finally decided it was time to rest her eyes. Specifically, she'd been soaking up rays at a nearby beach, and had got up to stretch her arms... only to note that two ships had stopped right out from the shoreline, still technically out in sea in the far yonder. So, Prof. Guelder had taken out a pair of binoculars to see what was up with the two ships in particular. Unfortunately, it turned out that they had been severely damaged and were slowly sinking. They were also surrounded by Carvanha and Sharpedo.

"Vat is zis?" Prof. Guelder grumbled, before putting the binoculars down and glaring at the old lighthouse, "Inkompetent, all of sem..."

"What're you gonna do, Professor?" asked a concerned Meloetta, but nothing came in reply at first. Prof. Guelder continued to glower in anger for a few more seconds, before deciding that she only really had one option. No-one else was gonna save the people who'd been on board those sinking ships right now.

"Felfet. Titan. Seferus. I summon zee!" in an instant, Prof. Guelder tossed three Pokeballs into the air, each unleashing a differently shaped Pokemon. The one that was thrown the highest had released a Volcarona, who used her wings to keep above the sea water below. The one that was thrown the farthest spat out a Gyarados, who roared in might as he dove, then thrust his head above the ocean. Finally, a Garchomp was placed just an inch or two behind the shoreline.

"Felfet, Bug Buzz. Drifen sie das Karfanha unt Scharpedo avay!" Prof. Guelder commanded. Immediately, the Volcarona took off in full flight, stopping just short of the two ships. The Volcarona, named Velvet, had then emitted a loud, irritating sound that sent the Carvahna and Sharpedo all over the place. Velvet wasn't gonna stop until those Pokemon were incapable of hurting the poor tourists any more, although she was stuck doing this for quite some time.

"You two. Your top priority is safink zee cifilians. Do I make myself klear?" the two other Pokemon had nodded in response to Prof. Guelder's request, "Sen go."

With that, Severus, the Garchomp, had bolted for a run-up start, before lunging itself into the ocean the minute the water was deep enough, and muscling its way through to where Velvet was. Titan, the Gyarados, would inevitably be the first to arrive though, partly because seas like this were his territory once upon a time, and partly because he had that head start the whole team. Prof. Guelder, however, was headed somewhere else entirely.

"W-wait! Where are you going?!" Meloetta raced to catch up to Prof. Guelder, "Don't you think the others need supervising?!"

"I trust my Pokemon kompletely," Prof. Guelder said as she continued her power walk towards the lighthouse, "Zose imbeciles mannink zee lighthouse? Not so much..."

"Six. Y-you?" Jason watched the young man nervously respond, looking down at Jolteon. "However..." his attention was then returned to the trainer, "...can I get something to eat first? I haven't eaten anything since breakfast."

"Beating me by two, but don't worry, I've only had one battle. Decided to rest with my Arcanine after, that was before coming here." Jason explained, "Sure, eat to your heart's content, heal your Pokemon, then I'll formally challenge y-" that's when he heard the commotion outside, pulling the Poke Balls from his belt, Jason returned his three Pokemon and quickly ran outside. 

Outside, it was a whole other story. The restaurant, not too far from the pier, had a view of what was happening. Crowds were forming, and Jason was just tall enough that he could see the shapes of sinking boats and swimming Sharpedo and Carvhana over their heads. "F***, if only I had Dragonite. Milotic isn't sized well enough for rescue, Jolteon would die getting out there, if they were closer Gardevoir could do it. Arcanine, Nidoking, and Metagross are out of the question. Just damn." He sighed, "Only one thing could have done this..." he said through clenched teeth, balling his hands into tight fists. He then watched as a Gyarados, a Garchomp, and a Volcarona all headed towards the scene.

"At least someone else has a good reaction time."

~Neos and Mistress Mew~

"Two more to go," Neos said with a sigh as he relaxed himself amongst the branches of a relatively-large and sturdy tree. "I don't know what it is, but the people gathered here are triggering my anger faster than usual..."

Though she was cloaked in the form of a Pidgeot, Mistress Mew gave a sad chirp as she looked over the false human's form, seeing his hands covering his face as he leaned back. While most Legendaries would have formed a telepathic link with their Guardians, she had learned over a century ago that such was a bad thing to do with hers.

However, as a Mew, she was still connected with Life as a whole. And so, while trying to keep from accidentally absorbing the negative emotions that Neos was trying to restrain and safely dissipate, she felt a disturbance, a point of malice strong enough for her to notice.

"...something's wrong." The false human's attention faded from himself to her at that statement, catching the serious look on the false Pidgeot's face.

"Lead the way," he managed to say with a strained voice before quickly taking on his own Pidgeot form and following quickly after the other shapeshifter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mistress Mew~

"Neos, help them. I'll investigate the disturbance."

"Will do, Mistress."

With that did the two Pidgeots separate from each other, the blue-eyed one heading towards the tower that she felt drawn to, though the feeling made her more and more sick.

"W-wait! Where are you going?!" Her attention captured after almost being startled out of her Pidgeot form by the sudden voice, she turned her feathered head towards the source and almost let out a gasp at the sight of the Meloetta. There was another legend here? And in plain view?

"Here's hoping we're not running headlong into danger," Mistress Mew projected towards the musical Pokemon before flapping her borrowed wings and landing upon one of the upper windowsills of the lighthouse...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Neos Rivetter~

"Neos, help them. I'll investigate the disturbance."

"Will do, Mistress."

With that did the two Pidgeots seperate from each other, the green-eyed one bringing his wings close to him before taking a deep breath and holding it as he took a dive into the water. Figuring all involved would be too distracted to notice him and was well aware that no Pokemon he brought with him in this generation would be suited for underwater rescue yet, Neos shifted quickly, first into his original, much smaller form, then into a familiar underwater duck, a Golduck with unusual neon-green eyes and skin that had been tinted with a slight shade of green due to the yellow of his blood.

Fortunately for the false 'duck, the Pokemon sharks were busy dealing with other Pokemon when he arrived at where some of the humans were starting to sink farther and farther into the water.

"Don't worry, I'm hear to help," Neos belted out towards the Pokemon fighting against the Sharpedo and Carvanha, neon-green eyes flashing slightly before he dove fast into the water, his arms wrapped around a little girl among the bunch that had passed out. Thankfully, her heart was still beating, but he could smell that she didn't have much time left until her body gave out under the waters if he didn't get the water out of her soon.

He was swift to reach the surface and the shore with her in his arms, though he had no idea how he was gonna perform CPR as  a Golduck. Mentally swearing in his head for a split, he tried clumsily doing so anyway...and thankfully got a result, the girl coughing up the water out of her lungs. After a few seconds of this, Neos jumped back into the water, swimming back with flippered feet towards another of the humans that had fallen over into the water.

Oh, he was under no illusion that he could save them all, but he sure was gonna try.

"You should be more careful. There are strange people about, and you could get hurt."

"You’re sucha nice person.” Naomi mumbled, her head lolling from side to side. She was having some trouble staying upright and, in fact, the only reason she wasn’t face-planting was the other girl’s grip on her shoulders. “Thankya whateveryournameis.” Naomi’s eyes dropped and she began snoring lightly.

Matilde blinked slowly at that. Nice? Her? When was the last time anybody had called her nice? Not since Quinn, that's for sure. The thought was like a splash of cold water on the black-haired girl. "You're welcome," she replied curtly, though a spark of guilt at the harsh tone prompted the following: "My name is Matilda." She would not ask the other girl's name. No, it was none of  her business, and she needed to move on. She'd stayed long enough. But if she let go now, the sleepy brunette would probably kiss the ground. Awkward, she glanced around, hoping nobody could see the dilemma she'd found herself in.

"Oh, Matilda, thaz nice..." Naomi swayed and face planted into the girl's chest. Perhaps she should be more worried that she was this close to a complete stranger, but Naomi always was of the opinion that physical contact, such as hugs, were a fun way to make new friends. This had never gotten her into trouble before...though that was likely due to no one knowing how to react to her utterly relaxed demeanor.
Naomi looked up at her "M'name's Naomi. Wha'chu up to?"

Again with the nice. What was up with this girl? And then she had just volunteered her name like that! Matilda had never met a girl this naive! I would've thought that her journey would have driven some sense into her, but apparently not. "I am...searching for skilled trainers to battle." Technically, that was what she was doing, but her actions held a darker, no, nobler purpose.

"Mmm..." Naomi was currently distracted batting at the girl's twintail. She was very engrossed in this simple act, likely because she was quite literally falling asleep. She barely even registered what Matilda had said.
But then after several moments it clicked. "Skilled? Ooooh, I'm skilled, totally skilled, look!" Naomi backed off, almost falling over, and pulled out her case which contained the Staryu chips. She flashed the six chips with a goofy, but proud, grin.

"Hey. Stop it." Matilda stated in her natural monotone. She raised a hand to bat the girl's away in return, but realized mid-action that that would be just as childish as what this girl, Naomi, was currently doing. "And I see..." the twintailed woman tipped her head in thought, timing her action perfectly so that the girl grabbed at empty air for once. "Still, I have no desire to battle you." She almost added "no offense" before she remembered that she didn't care if she offended people.

Though the black-haired woman had stated that she was looking for skilled trainers, she also had an additional stipulation. Potential for Guardianship. And I'm almost positive that this girl is no Guardian. Therefore, no matter how skilled or talented this Naomi might be, battling her would just be a waste of time.

Puffing out her cheeks Naomi poked Matilida's own cheek. "That's na'very nice ya know. We should battle! Cause like then we can be friends." Naomi tilted her head to the side. Cresselia's voice came to her mind. "Guardian this girl seems...dangerous. I don't think you should."
"Hmm, nah she's not dangerous." Naomi mumbled, not realizing right away she had spoken out loud. She giggled and gave Matilda a thumbs up. "Anyway let's get this show on the road."

If this girl was trying to make Matilda underestimate her, she was doing a really good job. First her overpowering naivety, then talking to herself. Sure, Guardians often did that accidentally, but this girl was no Guardian. More likely she was funny in the head. No wonder she was so naive. The black-haired woman shook her head, twintails swinging with each turn. "No. Thanks." No, wait, she hadn't meant to add that last part. This girl is dangerous... Matilda thought. She has a kind of...atmosphere that makes me let my guard down.

Naomi didn't really hear the refusal, as the moment Matilda started shaking her head she got a faraway look on her face. A different face came into mind, with a different color of twintails, and she felt her eyes get misty.
Naomi blinked a few times, trying to get rid of the tears that were forming. She had promised herself not to think about that . She promised to move on with her life but...sometimes it was difficult.
She didn't realize she had been staring at Matilda for the past minute, but once she came back to her senses she stuck out her tongue playfully. "Spoilsport" she said in a teasing tone.

Matilda sighed. This girl is wearing me down. Though, perhaps one battle won't hurt... Who was she kidding? She was giving in, plain and simple. "Fine," she replied. "We shall battle, though I am not wanting for Staryu Chips." After all, she already had eight. Two more to get to ten, but grabbing those last two from this girl...well, that would be akin to taking a Poffin from a Happiny. Too easy, and it would leave a sour taste in her mouth.

She had no idea what possessed her to be this insistent on it, usually she'd just shrug it off and go find somewhere to sleep. But something about this girl made Naomi want to battle, and since she had gotten it into her head she wasn't gonna let it go. "Wooo! But eh why not throw a chip in? Yer jus' scared I'll beat the pants offya...uh, well if you were wearing any."

"Fine," the black-haired girl found herself saying this word far too many times for her taste. "One chip, but you will regret that."

Naomi hummed to herself as she detached herself from Matilda and meandered a suitable distance away. She gave a sleepy smile and waved at her opponent. "Aight lesgo!" She shouted happily.

"Fine." Let's get this over with.

Grinning from ear to ear Naomi turned over to her Rhydon. "What d'ya say Princess wanna rumble?" The large Rock type grunted and stomped out in front of the girl, clearly ready for action.

"Bell, you're up," Matilda muttered. Her Victreebell would make short work of this one.

"Princess do uhhh, ohyeah Rock Blast!" The Rhydon grunted and stomped its feet before opening her mouth. Large rocks shot from inside towards the Grass type. "Be ready for it to attack back."

Matilda stood there silently. She didn't have to ask her Pokémon to do anything like dodging. Bell could think for herself, after all. Said Victreebell managed to avoid some of the rocks, but not all of them. Looks like that Rhydon's not half bad. "Bell, Sunny Day," she intoned quietly.

"Aww why you gonna make it bright" Naomi complained half-halfheartedly. "Bulldoze, run it down Princess!" The Rhydon barreled forward, stomping the ground in an attempt to strike the opponent and slow it down.

The attack hit, causing the injured Victreebell to slip and slide on the smoothened earth. Nice counterattack to Chlorophyll, the black-haired woman thought. In her clothes, she was relatively unbothered by the heat, though she wondered if this warmly-dressed girl would feel the same. Wear down the trainer, and the battle's half over. "Solarbeam." Thankfully, with the bright sunlight, there would be no need to charge the move.

Naomi had begun to hum while the battle commenced. There were some interesting looking clouds up there...oh right, she was being attacked. "Princess Ice Punch the beam!" Many Pokemon would hesitate at such an order but not Princess. She pulled back and punched forward, connecting with the beam of energy.

Matilda leaned forward, eyes narrowed. What would be the outcome? She never got to see, however, as one of the people watching the battle interrupted with a yell, "Look!"

Turning, the black-haired woman saw a small disaster occurring at sea. Normally she would be annoyed at the interruption of a battle, however, she couldn't help but find herself mildly relieved this time. "Oh, look," she said in her normal monotone. "They're in trouble."

Naomi's eyes turned over in the direction of the noise. And they she saw a terrible scene. People were in danger, big danger. "Listen I gotta go help them, we'll battle again later and thassa promise between friends!"

The young girl turned to Princess, who was injured but still standing. Naomi knew Princess wouldn't have been able to avoid the attack and so the only option was to use her strength. It seemed to work as the Pokemon wasn't knocked out from such a power Grass move. However she wouldn't be able to help in this situation. She returned Princess to her ball, a rare instance, and sent out Skarmory instead. "Skarm use Agility and then Fly me to the port."

The steel raptor suddenly moved in rapid succession back and forth, increasing it's speed twofold. Then it picked Naomi up and raced off towards the port. Naomi grinned widely as the wind wiped her already messy hair around and stung her eyes. She wasn't a speed kinda girl but even she had to admit this was pretty darn cool.

Once they reached the port Naomi dropped off of Skarmory and ordered it to help pick up the family that was in the water and bring them to shore. "Walrein go, use Surf and Ice Beam to keep those Water types at bay." The large walrus came out of its Pokeball and into the water, joining other Pokemon in battling the approaching swarm.

"Cress...I think we gotta..." Naomi said uncertainly. Cresselia didn't respond for a while but then.

"Do what you think is right, I trust you guardian." Naomi nodded, and grabbed Cresselia's ball.

"Alright Cress it's time, use Psychic to keep those ships from sinking any more!" As the legend was released from her Pokeball it was as if a sudden surge of power rippled through the immediate area. The majestic creature floated towards the water and began glowing. As soon as it did a similar glow wrapped around the two larger ships, holding them in place so that others could easily evacuate them.

The girl had proven to be a disappointment. She was strong, but she didn't reveal any legends. Of course there was still a good possibility that she had one but Luna couldn't risk following her any more. She had seemed to be getting paranoid, any more and Luna's goal would be discovered. She broke off from the hunt to search other prey and came across the scene at the port.

It seemed that there was some action happening, and people were in trouble. Luna was about to join in and help, after all it would be a unique challenge, but she realized how perfect an opportunity this was.

Legends loved to make themselves seem good by helping in situations like this, despite that Luna wouldn't be surprised if a legend was to blame. So instead Luna made her way to the lighthouse to better watch.

She sent out Arbok and commanded it to be ready to fire a Gunk Shot if a legend showed itself. Luna wasn't leaving here without bringing down at least one of those bastards....

"What have we here..." She muttered, a smile growing behind her mask. "That's a legend if I ever saw one, looks like our lucky day, eh Arbok." She reached for the , prepared to Mega Evolve her Pokemon when she noticed a figure approaching the lighthouse. "Dammit are you kidding me? Was I spotted?" Luna backed up, getting slightly more out of view. "Arbok, new plan, if whoever that is wants to interrupt out hunt, take them out." She realized how ruthless she was being but there was a legend RIGHT THERE. And she wasn't going to let it slip away that easily.

"Beating me by two, but don't worry, I've only had one battle. Decided to rest with my Arcanine after, that was before coming here." the young man started to go on "Sure, eat to your heart's content, heal your Pokemon, then I'll formally challenge y-" The man was interrupted by the violent sounds of the ocean and the screaming of people. Without missing a beat, the man rushed out of the restaurant to see what was causing the commotion. Cain followed behind the man, and behind Cain were the Pokemon that he had released. Standing outside, Cain could see nothing but chaos. People were screaming and running around. It was hard to see, but Cain could see boats sinking. "Holy..." Cain muttered, running down the pier and towards the shore. The three Pokemon followed closely to Cain, Batri being slightly ahead of them. 

At the shoreline, Cain saw the whole scene in action. Sharpedos and Carvanhas were ruthlessly attacking ships and circling people in the water. Cain grit his teeth - Terra would be perfect to save the people in the water, except that it is still weakened from the last battle. Of course, there was an easy way to heal it, but that would require him to send out...no, he couldn't. But he also couldn't leave those people to die - even with some Pokemon out there helping, Cain knew that he also had to help "Damn it!" He muttered under his breath, releasing two Pokeballs into the air. Out of the balls emerged two dragonic Pokemon - one a ferocious but injured Garchomp, who let out a less-than-stellar roar. The other dragonic Pokemon, though, was much less intimidating - a sleek white-and-red Pokemon. Cain didn't want to release this Pokemon for one main reason - it was one of the infamous legendary Pokemon. Latias emerged startled, and Cain could feel its confusion. "Cherry, I'm sorry to endanger you this way" Cain bit his lip "I need you to Heal Pulse Terra so that she can save those people" He pointed to the people in the water. Cain was expecting to feel Latias's anger at him, but instead he felt a sort of understanding. Almost instantly, the majestic dragon released a pulse of pinkish white energy at the Garchomp. The scars on the Garchomp seemed to disappear, and it seemed to be less tired. "Terra, go save those people! Bubs - protect Terra from the Sharpedos and Carvanhas!" Both the Pokemon nodded, and instantly sprung into action, diving into the water. Cain quickly returned the Latias to its Pokeball. He grit his teeth - he didn't feel easy letting Cherry out in the wild like that, even though he could feel Latias's understanding as well. He could only hope that no one saw him pull out the Latias, which wasn't completely out of the question due to the commotion.

"Alright! Got five Staryu chips so far..." Jace smiled, looking at his case before closing it and putting it in his pocket. "Ya did good out their Kai!"

The Lucario smiled and rubbed the back of his head, acting all bashful. Please, don't flatter me too much, Jace. I only helped at the end...it was everyone else that did the work.

"Yeah, guess your rig-"

Both of you...listen up!

Jace stopped suddenly, holding his head some as heard Mewtwo yell telepathically to him and Kai. He shook his head some and sighed. "A warning next time you want to yell my ear off! What is it?"

Something is wrong at the lighthouse. Mewtwo quickly said. I can feel it, just get there...

Jace and Kai nodded, before rushing towards the lighthouse...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the young trainer got closer to the scene, he saw that the ships had stopped...and he knew why. A school of Carvanha and Sharpedo were attacking the ships and the people on them. His fists clenched tightly as he watched this.

"Mewtwo..." he mumbled to himself. "C'mon I need your help here."

No. I told you before...I have no interest in saving people like them. Mewtwo said coldly.

Lucario & the Mystery of Mew OST ~ Aaron 1

Jace's fists clenched tighter before grabbing two Pokéballs and tossing them up in the air. "Misaki! Honchkrow! Time to get to work!" From the Pokéballs, a Mienshao gracefully landed and above her, a Honchkrow cawed as he flew over head. "Kai...Misaki, I need you both to use Aura Sphere down there. Aim for the Sharpedo and the Carvahna. They'll be shot up in the air...hopefully...at which point you come in Honchkrow. I'll need you to give them a nice Confuse Ray. With no doubt they'll turn on themselves afterwards."

Got it. Kai nodded, as did Misaki, and Honchkrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jace and his Pokémon made it to shore, passing their way through the scared crowds as he saw the trouble before them. He took a deep breath as his Pokémon got in position.

Your planning to go through with this? Mewtwo asked in an almost displeased manner.

Someone has to. Besides... he smirked. You keep telling me that Aura Guardians aren't supposed to run from a challenge...

Hmph...very well then. But for this your training gets even harder... Mewtwo simply said. Providing you make it far enough...

Deal. Jace thought back before smirking. "Kai! Misaki! Stick to the plan...aim at the Carvanha and Sharpedo and use Aura Sphere!!" He watched as his Pokémon began to shoot out their Aura Spheres, as he watched Honchkrow circling from above. "Honchkrow...be ready!!"

It was a disaster! Quinn crouched down behind a building at the port, holding his head, unnoticed by the others. What to do what to do what to do what to do? This was too much. Too much stress, too much happening, too many scary people and scary scary scary why can't he move why is everything going so wrong? I'm so useless, he thought, sniffling. So useless...when people need me...I can't move. Unbidden, memories of a Honchkrow and a Starly swam into his view, and like a movie on fast forward it came to the inevitable death scene.

No no no no no! Don't, stop, I'm so useless...can't...do anything...

"Don't cry. Crying does nothing," a girl with black hair done up in twin tails and defiant, blazing red eyes appeared. Oh yeah, she had arrived soon after that"Fear is what holds you back. You will be strong once you can overcome it."

Overcome my fear...I have to overcome my fear...

"Or you just don't need to fear at all. Because I'm here, and I'm a heroine!"

A flash of green light, and where there had once been a boy there was now...a girl. With a black blouse and skirt and a pristine white jacket over it, she had the opposite color scheme of the boy. Her pink hair, the exact same shade, was now in twin tails. Her eyes, though, were clear and bright green rather than droopy and dull.

Standing up, she brushed off her clothes absentmindedly, running to a nearby dock where she held a hand to her eyes to block the glare of the sun as she spied the commotion. "Looks like a job for Quinn Grace, heroine of Totus and now Archanum!"

<Yeah, let's do this, cool-Quinn!> A slightly different voice than before spoke up. As the two beings were tied, one's transformation would trigger the others.

The girl frowned. <Hey, knock it off, Skymin. He just needs a dose of me and he'd be cool. After all...> she posed, <I'm the heroine, so just by being near me, you get cool points!>

<Yeah, sure. Let's just go! Those people need rescuing!>

<Right you are...> The girl grinned. "Apollo, Skymin, you two are up!" Throwing their Poké Balls in the air, she watched as they released their Pokémon, and caught both balls as they came back down.

A giant red-and-white moth whose every wing flap released sparkling embers and a green-and-white hedgehog with fierce eyes and a red scarf appeared. Immediately afterward, they descended. "All right, Skymin. You go scout and point out any people who need help. Try to scare off the bad fish too. Apollo, you go rescue as many people as you can. Actually..." she paused. "I know she belongs to my other half more, but...go Makua!" the Alomomola appeared in the water at the edge of the dock. Quinn felt a bit worried, using her other half's Pokémon, but they were technically the same person, so she shouldn't feel guilty. And it was for a heroic cause! He would understand.

"Makua, this is a job for you too. Go out there and save those people!"

The two bobbed up and down to show their agreement, and flew/swam to where the trouble was. Shaymin cheered once before following.

Of course, Quinn wouldn't just stand there at the dock waiting for them. She was a heroine after all! The girl ran into the restroom of the nearby building and quickly changed into the swimsuit she had hidden away in their bag. Exiting the building, she executed a perfect swan dive into the water, and began swimming to the nearest person in need of help. "I got you," she soothed, ignoring the chaos around her. She had taken a lifeguard lesson once when she was learning how to be a heroine, so she knew how to swim back with the person in tow. Taking a second to catch her breath, the girl returned to the water to do it all over again.

9bWDx4R.png

"Listen I gotta go help them, we'll battle again later and thassa promise between friends!"

"All right," Matilda nodded, watching as the girl flew off on her Skarmory. Riding on her own Yanmega, the huntress followed, though her intentions were more to spectate than save.

Alighting on the port, Matilda watched the scene with impassive eyes, far more concerned with the cause of this disaster than the disaster itself. That was quite sudden...too sudden. The destruction of the ships, the immediate arrival of the Carvanha and Sharpedo...it couldn't be a coincidence.

Still, it had nothing to do with her. Huffing, the woman turned, ready to walk away, when she caught a flash of pink. What is Quinn doing in the water? Really, she has no sense of self-preservation... Then she blinked. A few legendaries had appeared by the shore, including her idiot sibling's. Well, well, she thought. Looks like I'm in for quite a haul today.

The woman clicked a button on a cherished Poké Ball, releasing a black hound with a skeleton motif. "Look, Doom," she pointed at the array of legendaries before her. "The quarry is flushed out." She couldn't care less for the people in trouble. There are enough heroes here to help them without my input, she thought. Though I guess I should thank them for bringing this situation about.

Her eyes lighted on Naomi. That girl had left almost instantly after being alerted of the danger. Another would-be hero...what? Huh. Cresselia. To think I was right next to one of them after all...she's quite a person to be able to fool my instincts.

Doom barked at her. Blinking, the black-haired woman shook her head. Now's not the time for reminiscing. "Let's finish this, Doom," she ordered, running alongside him to the nearest dock.

Upon agreeing the terms to their battle. Steve and Ace stepped out of the pokemon center and into a clear enough space so that they won't endanger the locals.

Standing a considerable distance away from each other and grasping a pokeball in their right hands respectively, they were about to release the pokemon of their choices when...

*BOOM!*

A number of explosions could be heard from a distance, panicking some of the locals who were left wondering what was going on. Steve was also curious as to what happened "What was that?", his opponent however wasn't as concerned, but nevertheless, it was enough to draw Steve's attention away from the battle.

"Look man, I'm gonna have to take a rain check on our battle, there's something I have to investigate."

Ace took this the wrong way and replied "So, you're forfeiting?"

"Of course not!" Steve instantaneously responded "Besides, you heard the explosions, lives could be at risk, and at the end of the day isn't a person's life more important than a battle we could have later?"

Ace took a moment to ponder the plausibility of Steve's sentence. "I see, but why meddle in affairs that might not even concern you anyway?"

"I suppose I'm too curious for my own good." Steve replied shrugging his arms and giving a little smirk. "I've always been this way to be honest." Reaching for Flygon's pokeball and looking into it, Steve said. "Ok Flygon, let's do this!" As soon as it was released, Steve climbed aboard Flygon and took off like a helicopter.

"Good luck."

~ ~

Upon reaching the docks, the first thing Steve noticed was a number of Carvanha and Sharpedo attacking the ships out at sea as well as a number of trainers lending their support with a wide array of pokemon including a Cresselia which took Steve by surprise. "I guess I'm not the only one then."

"I guess not." Latios replied via telepathy. "Chances are everyone here are in the same boat as us." Steve nodded as he commanded Flygon to land.

As soon as touched ground, Steve headed closer to the ledge and got out a pair of binoculars and noticed there a couple of scared fisherman still on the boat, afraid of taking the leap even though the Carvanha and Sharpedo were otherwise occupied by the attacks of other pokemon.

"Flygon!" Steve called out "I want you to head to that ship and give the fisherman there a lift to shore. Assure them that you mean them no harm." Flygon nodded and swiftly flew across to the ship Steve pointed to.

"Master, you sure you don't nee-"

"There's only a couple of them left on there, Flygon should be able to cope by himself."

As soon as the Mystic Pokemon reached the ship, the two fisherman felt relieved when Flygon turned towards the shore, lowered its body and glanced towards the fisherman signalling them to climb aboard. There was some hesitation, but the pair of them were able to get on and Flygon took off, heading towards the shore.

"So, I assume you're here for the tournament too, Omar, was it?"  The man's demeanor showed how full of himself he was.  Oz had no interest talking with him further. 

"Yes, but my name's not Omar.  It's O-..."

"Oz...the docks.  I feel something happening there.  Something disturbing.  Get over there right away!"  The voice of Palkia echoed in his head.  Finally Oz had a reason to ditch this jerk.  

"Oops, Sorry I think I left something important in the forest.  Let's try and get together again for another meal some time."  Oz dashed off towards the forest.  He wasn't sure if he'd want to see that guy again, but company that isn't boring was always appreciated.  Even if the company is a arrogant jerk.  Maybe he was a good battler, and taking him down might lessen his ego.  

He had finally made it to the forest.  He took a pokeball from his belt and proceeded to unleash it's occupant.  A large Braviary stretched it's battle-scarred wings, it's left eye shut and also scarred.  "Chief, we've got to get to the shoreline fast."  Without hesitation, Oz jumped into the air to land on Chief's back, but overshot the distance required, falling on the other side.  Chief yawned as Oz scrambled to his feet.  "Screw it."  Oz created a portal underneath him, and one directly above Chief's back.  He stepped into the portal, and saddled his Flying-Type.  

----

It wasn't long before they had reached the ocean.  A sudden collapsing of three boats didn't seem likely, and all three boats were too far away from each other to run into each other at one singular point.  Oz scratched his hair, puzzled.  The cause of this didn't seem like human error, or natural cause.  He had finally noticed the ravenous swarm of Sharpedo and Carvahana speeding their way towards the boats.  He could see the hunger in their eyes, it was frenzy time.  He gritted his teeth knowing he couldn't send his Slowbro into this mess, even though he could prove to be a big help.  Thankfully, there were more heroes on the scene.  Were they like him, or was this just a coincidence.  Palkia stayed silent the entire duration of the chaos.  Oz could tell from that info that there was something behind the scenes working here.    

"Not on my watch.."  Oz and Chiefed zoomed above the ripping waves.  "Chief, let's use Brave Bird to knock some of these fish faces away!"  Chief looked at his trainer with concern, he would feel the recoil of the attack as well.  "Don't worry buddy, I'll be fine.  Some scratches will be worth the lives of these people!"  Chief nodded and proceeded to glow, and air rushed around the two as the Braviary knocked its body into every shark or piranha that jumped out of the water.  Oz then pointed to two civilians treading water.  Chief dove for them, and gripped them tightly with it's talons.  The two sailors were shivering, but Oz wasn't sure if it was from the cold or the fear of almost being eaten alive.  

He brought them both to the shore, and they thanked him.  "Don't be boring...it's the least I could do...Now what was I doing again?"  He could sense Palkia's palm meeting his face.  Oz liked to call this the "Space Palm", and proceeded to smile at the sailors he had save.  "Heehee...I know, just having some fun while some lives are hanging on the line is all!  Yip Yip Chief!"  The two were off again to go save some more boring humans.  

Carter and Ash had been watching the family of fishermen haul in their morning catch when the first of the explosions rent the small fishing craft. Petrified with indecision of whether or not she should jump into action or take cover, Ash simply looked on in horror as the terrible scene began to unfold. Fortunately, Carter's protective instinct immediately kicked in. Sensing more danger, he pulled his girlfriend away from the water's edge and fished out one of his Pokeballs. "Carbink! Protect!" The earthen, sprite-like Pokemon sprung from the Pokeball ready for action, casting a protective green aura around itself and the two lovers as Carter shielded Ash, who was still stupefied by how surreal everything seemed.  

Just a moment ago, she had been resting her head on the Carter's muscular shoulder watching the calm waters of Lake Archanum gently lap against the docks. For a split second she had almost been able to forget the knot in her gut that had so tightly wound itself after her father's death. It returned with a vengeance now, though. As she watched fires hungrily eat their way towards terrified crew members and the ships dangerously pitch to the side, she couldn't help but wonder if this was what her father had experienced when he went down in that airplane. 

"Ash! Come on, we need to get to safer ground!" Finally Carter's voice broke through the fog that had clouded Ash's mind. She pulled herself up from the ground, accepting Carter's helping hand for support. However, as he tried to usher her to safety, Ash resisted.

"No," She rejected, a steely look in her eye, "we've got to help." Ash plucked a Pokeball from her belt, casting it into the water that had turned choppy with the frenzied Sharpedo and Carvanha. "Kohara, help the passengers that go under. Take out any Sharpedo or Carvanha that get in your way, a good Aura Sphere should do the trick, but remember that the passengers are the priority." She gave the orders pointedly to the shiny, crustacean Pokemon before sending it out to do its job. 

"Zephyr and Boreas!" She said, bringing out two more of her Pokemon. "You'll be helping the people trapped on the decks of the boats that are trying to get off. Boreas, act as a raft and bring as many people as you can to shore. Zephyr, you will be acting as Boreas' air support, keep those Sharpedo and Carvanha off of him and lend a hand wherever possible. Got it?" Ash waited to make sure that her Avalugg, who was usually a little slow on the uptake understand her orders before dismissing them. 

"Okay, now that you've done that, can we please get you somewhere safer?" Carter persisted, dodging a panicked trainer that rode by on a Rapidash. 

"I guess...I just don't want to get too far away from here in case-" Ash cut off in the middle of her sentence, her gaze drawn farther down the shoreline as it focused on a pastel lunar Pokemon that radiated psychic energy. Almost as if in response to the Pokemon's presence, trails of black smoke began to rise off of Ash's skin. Her skin began to itch and a cutting pain sliced through head as a gravelly voice pierced her consciousness. "The Dreamweaver is here. Stay away."

Watching from a cover of dense bushes, that's what Greed had been doing this whole time. It was the strangest thing he had ever seen, and this was coming from a man who almost got hypnotized by a Jynx. He shook his head, registering what he saw. The boat, the sudden surge of carnivorous pokemon, and all the trainers rushing to help. He hesitated, should he help them? Was it really his problem? Everyone else seemed perfectly capable of lending a hand to the stranded people. He could help to....but then....why wasn't he? Surely his Empoleon, Pride,  could help, being a strong water type....but....was it worth it? Well, obviously it was worth it, but was it worth it to him? That's what puzzled him.

His thoughts trailed off as a brilliant show of light and the emergence of a rather loudly colored pokemon snapped him to reality. His lips curved into a devious smile. I found one.... He thought. His brows creased and drew together as he now saw a reason to help. To get closer to this pokemon, this obvious legendary who was just begging to be his, right out in the open. He chuckled. Mine...it will soon be mine... And with that he pushed himself out of the bushes.

He raced towards the area of excitement and sent up a pokeball over the water. "Pride, help out." And with a brilliant white light, the Empoleon emerged and screeched. "Yeah yeah I know, look..." He pointed. "See those Carvana and Shapedo? Ya do? Good, take care of them, make sure you give everyone else time to do what they need to do." The Empoeon growled and narrowed his eyes. "Hey! I gave you an order, DO IT!" And with that he pointed, with the pokemon jumping in and starting its assault on the carnivorous fish pokemon.

~Tayla, Cysero and Ferdinand~

Cysero, Ferdinand and Tayla with her Translator were all hearing some strange things from the wild Pokemon around them. Cysero was focused on the search for the thief. Ferdinand was thrilled with the prospect of simple running.

Tayla was the only one paying attention to the strange whispers and shouts.

"Cy, Ferdi, we've got somewhere to go." A whine left from the Rapidash's muzzle, though it was slightly soothed by her petting a part of his neck. "The run isn't stopping yet, but you need to turn around."

Willing to tolerate this, Ferdinand pulled a 180 turn before running the other way...

~~~

~Tayla and RNA~

"...I think we came late, everyone." It took literally grinding the ankles of her boots into the speeding Pokemon's sides, but Tayla finally got Ferdinand to stop before reaching the edge of the water, to which she recalled the speedy Pokemon to its orb.

She saw all of the madness at the shore, saw several Pokemon bringing humans and Pokemon incapable of swimming to the surface of the water, a few of them having particularly odd qualities about them. Suspecting a disguised Legend, the human let out a muffled yawn through clenched teeth before pulling back her left sleeve to reveal the deceptively-simple rectangular device on her forearm, pressing a few buttons upon it before a slot on one side opened.

"This should tag any being nearby and record the DNA for them while we try to help." However, as she went to grab the 'balls at her waist, she remembered one critical flaw in her would-be plan.

She had no water Pokemon.

"...dammit," she swore as she pulled her hand back just in time to see a...

...now when did a Golduck ever look like that?

Curiosity setting in, Tayla pulled off her belt one particular Pokeball before releasing the being within, a normal-looking Ditto whom looked up towards her.

"May I inquire the reason for my release," the Ditto asked. "I see no battle fields or legends present."

To this did Tayla point towards the Golduck that was pulling a human to shore that was ready to let go to their tether on life, trying clumsily to use CPR and actually succeeding on a human. "I don't know about you, but that seems odd for a Gold---"

"That's not a Golduck."

"Then what is it," she asked before looking down, seeing the pink blob focus its black gaze on the tinted skin of the being.

"...I thought he was a rumor though."

Wait, he?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa." With a stunned look on her face did she allow herself to get as close to eye-level as a possible with the blob-ish Pokemon, even if she was now sitting cross-legged. "RNA, what are you talking about?"

The feminine Ditto, RNA, looked back up towards Tayla, whom had a confused look behind her glasses, with a stunned one of her own. "If the rumors are true...then the only Ditto to take on a human form still lives after almost two centuries."

And now Tayla herself was stunned as she tried to process that claim.

Such extremes made up the core of the Legendaries. Was it possible for a normal Pokemon to become one...?

The group had their positions down, Jace watched as Kai and Misaki began to prepare. In a way, he was jealous of Kai for this stuff coming so naturally to him...but he shook this feeling off quick. He watched overhead as Honchkrow flew, circling the area he was supposed to be at.

Fight Back!

"Alright! Let's do this!" Jace said, as his Pokémon readied themselves. "Kai! Misaki! Aura Sphere on the Carvahna and Sharpedo!"

Yes sir! Kai nodded as he tossed his paws behind him, Misaki doing the same as blue spheres of energy were seen being formed, before they were fully developed enough, and launched straight at the water Pokémon, who in turn were launched straight out of the water.

Surprised it actually worked... Mewtwo huffed.

Called a little bit of faith there, Mewtwo! Jace smirked before he called up to Honchkrow. "Honchkrow! Your up!! Use Confuse Ray on them!"

Honchkrow simply nodded as he dove straight in and aimed for the Carvahna and Sharpedo, before blasting them with his Confuse Ray. Once it hit, the Water Pokémon began to fall down away from the civilians and seeming very very confused.

"Yes! It worked!!"

~Neos Rivetter~

Out of need had he swapped into his human form in order to fight off the sharks that had tried to strike at him on the way back to the surface despite the fact that water filled his lungs for the moment. Even with the number of times he's had to use Close Combat to fight off those that tried to rip him apart, which allowed some of his yellow blood to leak out of him and into the waters surrounding, he didn't get out of the water on his own.

No, instead, he almost missed the pair of Aura Spheres that connected with the aquatic pack around him, launching him far out of the water along with many of the Sharpedo and Carvanha.

He landed roughly upon finally hitting the ground away from the shoreline, which forcibly ejected the water from his lungs and left behind a small puddle on the ground. His left arm had bent horizontally across his back from the rough landing, an indicator of a broken and pulled-out-of-place shoulder that had pulled out of him a high-pitched cry of pain that shouldn't have been possible from someone of his gender and apparent age. His jacket and shirt were almost in ribbons from the many fang-bites suffered and the sight of yellow bleeding out from him from through many gashes in his pale-yellow skin could be seen.

With some effort on his part did the false human sit up, the pain keeping him from registering that he wasn't alone. Trying to keep his breathing steady as he did, Neos managed to prop shakily sit himself up, sitting cross-legged while carefully moving his left arm with his right in order to hold it horizontal to himself, but out to his side instead of behind him.

"At least I didn't snap my back again this time," he gritted through his teeth as the shoulder area began to glow with a bluish light, biting back the urge to scream from the pain as he felt the bone, nerves and muscle try to force themselves back to how they were before the massive trauma through the use of Recover.

The whole time, however, the pain kept him from realizing that there was someone behind him...which is impressive considering his usual pain tolerance.

(Neos is too distracted by pain to notice someone rooting around in his skull, so permission granted to have Mewtwo realize that this guy clearly isn't human.)

"Yeah it worked!!"

Mewtwo could hear this from the Pokéball that he resided from. He sighed as he remained silent through this whole ordeal. It irked him to no ungodly end to put his hope into the hands of a human...but he knew that this human was different because of the Aura he possessed. But nevertheless, Mewtwo could not believe that he had to stoop this low...

But then something shifted. Mewtwo could feel something near...something...similar to Jace. Impossible...another with that ability? he thought, as he began to concentrate, only to find another human...but this one, resembled someone he knew from her memories. Him? Not possible...but...perhaps, his mind has something to offer me.

Mind Hacking Time

Mewtwo began to enter the mind of the human and began to find interesting things. His name: Neos Rivetter...and something even more interesting. His eyes widened as the vision before him showed something. She's here...and this is her protector... he thought. It was official...he had found her...he had found the guardian of Mew...

Mew

He was even more eager to dive into Neos' mind, as he found more information. Neos, better known as Antionio wasn't a human...no...he found out that he was in fact a Ditto, one about two centuries old. Then those rumors are true...there IS a Ditto who can turn into a human...but why is he looking like Aaron? he thought, still puzzled. Things weren't adding up...he had to go deeper...

He kept searching Neos' memories. It took time, but he figured it out...it had something to do with him honoring the human who saved the Tree of Beginnings...he hypothesized that it was Aaron. But...upon further inspection...he saw someone else. When Mewtwo saw this, his jaw dropped in surprise. WHAT THE HELL?! How in Arceus' divine name is that kid even still alive a this time...better question...WHY THE HELL DOES HE STILL LOOK TEN?! he paused his thought train, shaking his head as the visions and images from Neos' head ceased.

Forget that...focus. I know now that Mew is nearby and she too has someone who holds the power of the Aura. Perhaps I can use this to my advantage...just maybe... Mewtwo thought, before silencing his thoughts as he sat in the Pokéball quietly.

• 2 weeks later...

In all the chaos, one could conceivably miss the bright white-and-green hedgehog flying above the ocean, but the daring sky maneuvers it made would attract attention regardless. At times when Quinn couldn't reach a person in time, it would swoop down and let them grab onto it to help stabilize themselves until help could be reached. Normally proud of its slim acrobatic figure, the Pokémon couldn't help but regret not being large enough to carry them to safety itself. These people have done nothing wrong to deserve this...they're innocent civilians, and as Quinn says innocent civilians must be saved, it thought, flying past the nose of a white-haired boy with an Empoleon. It warmed its heart to see all the people trying to help.

--

Quinn panted as she swam for the docks, grabbing one of the wooden posts with relief. Slinging the person onto the docks with herculean effort, she stayed in the water herself. Soon she would have to go back in and do it all over again. It didn't matter that she was tired, or that there were sharks in the water. She had barely avoided getting bit multiple times, though it had helped when various Pokémon had started fighting the Sharpedo, distracting them. Makua had gotten injured a couple times, but Wish had closed the wounds as if they had never been.

The pinkette was about to return to the carnage when a figure wreathed in black smoke caught her eye. So far it didn't seem as if anybody else had noticed that, which meant...it was up to her. Quinn Grace, heroine of Sinnoh and now of Archanum Island. It doesn't matter that nobody knows it yet, she thought. What matters is that I have extended my protection to this place...therefore it is my solemn duty to help any and all civilians in need! With a surge of strength she didn't know she had, the girl scrabbled up the slippery pole, toes curling into the seaweed-slicked wood to gain purchase. Tossing her head to shake off the pink locks clinging to her face, she flipped herself over onto the dock with uncanny grace. Fever-bright green eyes zeroed in on the girl, and she ran toward her, somehow managing to keep her balance on the wet wood. "Are you okay?" she asked when she drew near.

9bWDx4R.png

Matilda had started running for the Cresselia when a flash of red caught her attention. A Latias. And then a flash of green. Shaymin. Which to go after? But she was nearest the Cresselia, so her target was... She hesitated when she caught sight of the a familiar checkered scarf. No. No, just because it belonged to that girl...that didn't mean anything. She had to attack. She had to...go after the Latias. Swerving around, the black-haired woman barked an order to her Houndoom. "Doom, use Dark Pulse on that Latias." Attacking in the heat of battle was best, after all. She would take advantage of the confusion and go after her prey. And then go after Cresselia. It only made sense to tackle it first instead of the moon legend. After all, attacking the Cresselia, who was using its powers to keep the ships afloat, would garner more attention. And she was never one to attack without planning first.

The black-haired woman nodded, satisfied with her decision. The fact that doing so made the clenching in her chest go away was just an added bonus.

Crayton had been talking with, Odin? Osman? when the restaurant shook as though Snorlax had just done a skydive onto the sidewalk. "What the Heatran?" Crayton cursed, peering out the slightly busted window to see what was going on outside. He turned back to his dining companion to see that he had been ditched. Looking back at the door, he caught sight of a streak of purple hair disappearing into the chaos outside. "Now that really is quite rude." Flinging a wad of bills onto the table, Crayton took off after Oliver? only to see him disappear into the crowd. However, it seemed as if he were running towards the forest, away from all the action. "Where you going?!" Crayton yelled at him, angry that his company had so blatantly ditched him. And all because some boats had decided to blow up? 

He wasn't used to being disrespected, and it made him angry. Lashing out, he shoved one of the panicking civilians nearby causing them to crash to the ground. Before they could say a word, Crayton was on them, kicking them in the side, punching them, hitting any portion of unexposed flesh he could find. This untamed frenzy went as quickly as it came. In a matter of seconds, Crayton had collected himself and hardly anyone had seen his outburst, too preoccupied by the chaos around them. His poor victim lay whimpering outside the restaurant storefront he had just came out of, bloodied and bruised. "Sorry about that, that doesn't usually happen. You understand, right?" He said, offering the injured man a smile before turning his back and calmly walking into the sea of hurrying bodies that ran to and fro away from the sinking ships.

9bWDx4R.png

Diana's afternoon meal and been interrupted by a sudden disturbance. Unable to keep her balance, not that this was much of a surprise given the amount of alcohol she had consumed, she immediately crashed to the floor after the first explosion, spilling her wine all down her front. "Oh goodness noo!" She complained loudly, a hiccup permeating her shriek. "That was the last of the Lum Berry Wine!" 

"Spinda!" The small bear-like Pokemon declared urgently, gesturing to the panic the ensuing outside. "Oh yes, of course. We'll *hiccup* order more wine later." She said, tipsily waltzing to the door before emerging into the chaos. She immediately looked for the source of the panic and cried out in horror as she looked out at the three sinking ships. Her hand immediately went to her pocket, pulling out her phone. 

"Dispatch every unit available down to the docks in full riot *hiccup* gear. We're going to need the fi *hiccup* re department and Nurse Jenny as well." She snapped the phone shut before heading to the shoreline. Grabbing two PokeBalls, she brought out her Slurpuff and Aromatisse to accompany Spinda. "Archanum's citizens are under *hiccup* threat. Quickly, use Helping Hand!" On cue, the three Pokemon's hands glowed a luminous shade of white as they performed an intricate routine that would have filled the surrounding area with the sound of clapping had the screams and shrieks of terror not drown it. "Now, all three of you! Use Round on the water!" 

From the three Pokemon emanated a sound wave that rippled through the water, striking against the rampaging Carvanha and Sharpedo. Their combined strength amplifying the sound based attack, the simple Round quickly became a force to be reckoned with using the water as a medium to spread its destructive influence. "Quickly, quickly! It won't hold them back for long!" Diana called to those fleeing the sinking ships.

9bWDx4R.png

"Are you okay?" The words barely registered in Ash's mind as she clutched at her head, the pressure building as though something were pressing against her skull trying to escape. The smoke that trailed from her body grew more in more dense, almost obscuring her body completing in shadows. Ash began to pull at her hair, dig her nails into her skull. 

"Get it out! Get it out!" She cried. Tears streaming from her eyes as she begged for the pain to stop.

"You are stronger than this. Act like it." And just like that, the pain subsided. The smoke cleared and Ash immediately felt faint. Her eyes immediately looked across the throngs of people milling about and locked onto where Cresselia kept the sinking ship afloat. Ash raised her hand to point. 

"The dreams..." Her eyes fluttered and she collapsed, fortunately, Carter swooped in to catch her, the worry painfully evident on his face as he looked to Quinn for help. 

"Do you have any idea what in Arceus' name is going on?" 

Archived