Steven Universe

I wonder how the show is gonna use the Bismuth. Probably some weird mech to help win over Yellow Diamond :P  It's not technically a gem, but it'd probably be a bad ass character.

Yellow Diamond might do something weird and fuse with The Cluster.

Mostly because it seems like an idea final boss thing, as the fight with Yellow will likely involve a fusion or two.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yellow Diamond might do something weird and fuse with The Cluster....Mostly because it seems like an idea final boss thing, as the fight with Yellow will likely involve a fusion or two.

Ever since they showed Blue Diamond I imagined Yellow would fuse with her to make White Diamond.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also more SU is supposed to be in July.

Damn did I call it. Steven Bomb dropped today with "Steven Floats" and one other episode that I missed the title of . . . . because we now only have a streaming box in our house.

THAT LAUGHS WHEN YOU WANT TO WATCH LIVE TV!

Every five minutes, it had to buffer. So when it finished buffering the "live tv" actually skipped past the title card- and a few other parts.

But, either way, two good episodes.

What has amazed me so far about the new episodes is how Gem light they've been. 2 of the 4 haven't even had any of them and the other two only had one. Best so far is pretty easily the musical. Wasn't a big fan of the body swap episode, though I'm not a big fan of body swap stuff normally.

Fake edit: I'm not counting Steven Floats as new since its been floating around for a while now.

Fake edit: I'm not counting Steven Floats as new since its been floating around for a while now.

717.jpg

What has amazed me so far about the new episodes is how Gem light they've been. 2 of the 4 haven't even had any of them and the other two only had one. Best so far is pretty easily the musical. Wasn't a big fan of the body swap episode, though I'm not a big fan of body swap stuff normally.

Well the episodes that have been out now are as follows:

Steven Floats

Drop Beat Dad (finally got the name of that episode)

Mr. Greg

Too Short to Ride

The New Lars

Beach City Drift

I can say that out of all six I've seen so far my favorites have to be "Mr. Greg", for the emotional wrap up of Pearl and Greg's history, and "Too Short to Ride", as it finally reveals Peridot's power as well as some interesting information about Homeworld.

"Beach City Drift", "Drop Beat Dad", and "Steven Floats" are alright. Surprisingly since I enjoy Steven and Connie's interactions so much, and by extent Stevonnie, you'd think this would be my favorite of the bunch. But the episode focused a bit too much on them trying to get back at Kevin than I prefered; I understand, it was the point of the episode, but still, not to my taste.

"The New Lars" honestly felt like the first filler episode the series has ever had. What was the development we got? Lar's real name? That he's failing school? His relationship with his parents? Was it to show that Steven can enter and take control of humans' brains?

Either way, not something I truly enjoyed that much or want to watch again more than, well, once.

But- HO-BOY! After "Kiki's Pizza Delivery" we're going to be getting two really interesting episodes in "Monster Reunion" and "Alone at Sea".

I generally try to avoid spoilers, but the images cannot be avoided forever so I know who appears in the episodes.

920.png

Agree with your issue with Beach City Drift. Made the episode feel off since that isn't really an attitude the show has. Not bad, but not the best. Did enjoy Greg and the stuff after they unfused. Likely because thats when it wasn't about getting Kevin back and the anger was gone. I think another issue is that Kevin is just a meh character. I like trying to bring him back and do something more, but he is too one note. Last problem is the whole "how do they know how to drive, and stick no less" and "they just stole Greg's car".

The New Lars kind of ties into the problem with the first week of episodes as a whole, they are fine, but don't do anything with the main draw of the series, the Gems. The side characters are enjoyable, don't get me wrong, but the best thing about the show is the Gems and the character stuff there imo. Though I do get why we haven't had much focus on them, we just finished a major story arc, so now is down time and some side stuff for the other characters.

Agree with your issue with Beach City Drift. Made the episode feel off since that isn't really an attitude the show has. Not bad, but not the best. Did enjoy Greg and the stuff after they unfused. Likely because thats when it wasn't about getting Kevin back and the anger was gone.

I actually watched a review about the episode that shown it in a different light. This person's interpretation was, basically, "Kevin is a character to show that Steven can't make everyone change, that there will always be people out there that can't or don't want to change."

And he mentioned with Stevonnie, "The point were Connie says Kevin is 'the reason they fused' and the hurt expression on Steven's face said a lot."

Which honestly it did. I didn't even think about it until someone else said it but they fused out of anger, like Malachite. So they were fusing for the wrong reason.

I do agree with you on the whole "Kevin is a meh character and too one note."

Last problem is the whole "how do they know how to drive, and stick no less"

Pretty sure Connie knows enough to know how to drive a car, manual or automatic.

. . . . and "they just stole Greg's car".

What does he care?

He's rich (XD)

peri continues to give me life

Ubtiov+biavist+mepivorse_f42723_5982366.

Archived