Steven Universe

Precisely to break down the stereotype of your last point. Rebecca Sugar's very vocal about the fact that the show is there to challenge the gender norms presented by conventional children 's television. She wants to move past the ideas of having radically different shows for either young girls and young boys.

And honestly doing a damn good job of it.

I think the main Gems are actually the Diamonds as referenced throughout the show, and I doubt other Gems are descendants of them. Gem's are created similar to how normal Gems are formed; it's pretty interesting.

I actually forgot about these, but they help explain a lot about Gems (and they're funny to boot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqniSO8kxFo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teWw7UQ-0F4

I wish they didn't have these sporadic hiatuses tho

Yeah but think about it like this . . . would you rather have many, short hiatuses or one very long hiatus?

If you ask me, I'd prefer shorter waits, even if we have more of'em.

also PERIDOT IS BEST GEM :D

I think you misspelled Amethyst (X3)

Just kidding.

Actually I can't say who my favorite Gem is. Which is odd, as I generally can single out a favorite character in every show. Steven Universe, however, I can't seem to pick a Gem I like above all of the rest. They're all good in their own ways.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'Know, this past Thanksgiving has brought up something I didn't think about earlier in regards to this show.

We know the Earth in Steven Universe is an alternate universe, duh, because of the Crystal Gems.

Does that mean they still celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween? What if they don't? What holidays would they celebrate instead?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, that was just a Pearl, which, as Peridot informed, are only good for standing around and looking nice. They seem to share the trait of having pointy noses.

However, if you watch where Sapphire and her Rubys are passing by outlines of Gems, you find one Lapis that appears to have a gem on her back. I think that might actually be the Lapis we know and love, as her body-shape somewhat matches up with the outline of that Gem.

I wonder if they're going to pull a Heel-Face-Revolving Door with Peridot, in which YD goes "Betray the Crystal Gems and your transgressions will be forgiven". And Peridot does it, but later she overhears that YD is going to have her smashed for her insult. So Peri then goes and saves the Crystal Gems and everything is good.

http://2static.fjcdn.com/hdgifs/Peridot_dedde0_5783859.mp4

I wonder if they're going to pull a Heel-Face-Revolving Door with Peridot, in which YD goes "Betray the Crystal Gems and your transgressions will be forgiven". And Peridot does it, but later she overhears that YD is going to have her smashed for her insult. So Peri then goes and saves the Crystal Gems and everything is good.

God I hope not. I kinda want her to just be a Crystal Gem from now on. I don't want, nor does the series really need, her to be flip-flopping between the two. Just have her realize that she's gonna be broken by Yellow Diamond for her comment(s) and be done with it.

Steven_d63eb9_5777019.png

Steven_849950_5777019.png

Steven_3a197a_5777019.png

Steven_9a597e_5777019.png

Steven_d59420_5777019.png

Steven_7ee70f_5777019.png

Steven_1a1282_5777019.png

Steven_45a6a2_5777019.png

Steven_b6e51a_5777019.png

I+just+posted+this+you+cunt+_d87cc8475df

Also, I really enjoyed in this Steven Bomb that we have confirmed a few things.

1. Yes, there are multiple gems that are the exact same- down to their own personalities being copies of each other, to an extent.

2. Said same gems can fuse, but it is two separate gems fusing that is unheard of.

3. That Garnet was one of the original Crystal Gems behind Rose Quartz and Pearl, with others possibly joining at a later date.

4. Steven has advanced quite a lot since the beginning of the series where he had no control over his power to being able to keep his physical form morphed for an extended period of time.

I loved how YD's Pearl spoke. It was a delightful combination of Pearl and a 50s secretary. Plus the way she glided into the video call when YD was insulting Peridot.

Speaking of YD, I loved how the voice actress made her sound so disinterested about everything until the Earth was brought up. There was just something so delightful in how she warily said "I'll take it from here."

What if they make White Diamond a fusion made from Yellow and Blue Diamond? That'd be cool.

Idk, seems unlikely given the information that peri gave us on the diamonds in the moon epi. That, and the fact that garnets epi shows what gems think of diff gem fusions.

Idk, seems unlikely given the information that peri gave us on the diamonds in the moon epi. That, and the fact that garnets epi shows what gems think of diff gem fusions.

Yeah, but it seems more like they shun people because they don't want them to know what they actually do behind closed doors. If that makes sense. 

In Layman's, it seems like some sort of cover up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived