[Hearthstone] The Grand Tournament!

GvG like expansion with over 130 132 new cards! Slightly goofy spin on the grim and dark Argent Tournament from WoW. It's coming out somewhere next month. Same pricing as classic and GvG. Soon Next week you'll be able to preorder 50 packs for a discounted price $49.99, for which you get 10 more packs than usual for that price, and get a cardback to go with them: 

[spoiler=Cardback]psUXaoK.png

The theme this time around is Hero Power matter. There's a new keyword called Inspire, which triggers whenever you activate your Hero Power.

[spoiler=New board!]

CLX8mi6.jpg

[spoiler=Spoilers]

en-gb-small.pngen-gb-small.png

en-gb-small.png

CvKl4hF.pngMBEkxyR.png

33zWnoy.pngPx3cN9H.png

OemQypW.pngB8lhVev.png

X4SWSYv.pngqBkVmeC.jpg

On this site you can vote for what will be the next spoiled card, like with GvG.

That's all info we have for now, but we will see a bit more new cards later on into the stream, so stay tuned!

EDIT

"Beginning with the launch of The Grand Tournament, the Arena will no longer award players only Goblins vs Gnomes card packs. Instead, players will have a chance to receive a Grand Tournament card pack, Goblins vs Gnomes card pack, or a Classic card pack whenever a pack is awarded."

Source: http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19819218/the-grand-tournament™-opens-this-august-22-07-2015

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally LOVE Lock and Load. An awesome way to encourage Hunter to branch into different archetypes. Hell, I can see Mech Shaman being somehow of a thing with this, you get a nice use out of the Spare Parts!

Also the Totem tribal. My god. ◥█̆◤ TOTEMIC MIGHT ◥█̆◤

wait

Instead, players will have a chance to receive a Grand Tournament card pack, Goblins vs Gnomes card pack, or a Classic card pack whenever a pack is awarded.

As someone who wants to get back into the swing of things, this is actually really helpful! I would have preferred just getting the choice, but not being stuck with one pack is so much better.

Edit: Although, as Koko says, not quite as much for up-to-date players. But, heh.

wot. They'll still be one of the best fall back picks tbh just due to the nature of the class.

I didn't mean it too seriously, I just meant that it didn't get any class specific spoilers. Would've been cool to abuse his hero power even more.

These cards are looking pretty cool. I like the Inspire keyword.

And finally, Totem synergy, and in an expansion with a focus on the hero power, no less! I feel like that'll help Shaman a lot, it could use it. Also, can't wait to do Turn 1 Coin into Totem Golem > Turn 2 Zombie Chow. Such value. Tuskarr Totemic having a chance to summon it (or maybe Mana Tide) is great, too.

Getting any card pack from Arena is wonderful, as well.

I'm just really hyped because this set looks like it's going to have the biggest impact on the game, not just because it'll introduce 132 cards (12 more than GvG) but also because it seems like this time around the cards seem to be independent and/or strengthen existing/new decks. We've already seen a new pirate legendary, "totem" support, dragon support (a dragon inspire deck would be dope), "inspire" support, and support for both handlocke and control hunter. 

Not to mention we're finally getting viable legendaries that aren't funking 8+ drops, I think we'll see a lot more strong 4-7 drop legends in the coming weeks. 

This expansion is shaping up to be really good for the game in terms of diversity, can't wait to see the other 116 cards. 

And he's a Warlock card. I wonder if he'll have something to do with Jaraxxus.

That actually doesn't say much. The card frames for this segment in trailers are always legendary Warlock cards with random costs. I mean, in GvG trailer, Darkbomb was a 4/1 minion iirc. So for all we know, is that Fizzlebang will be in this set, but not what will he be.

Archived