[Hearthstone] The Grand Tournament!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume so, given how Implosion works. But unless someone wants to spend something like a Fireball/Pyroblast/Starfire/etc. on a 2 drop, or plow into it with a big minion, it won't even be that bad. And in any case, a few health here or there is totally worth a 4/3 for 2. Wrathguard is awesome.

That is a big threat, however specific, but if you were to play this into a Warrior with lots of armor who possibly still has Shield Slams, that's just a misplay on your part.

If you're playing Zoo vs a Warrior with lots of armor you probably lost one way or the other.

I was actually suggesting it more since it IS a card that you can get off of Shredder which, while it has a good stat line, can easily lose you the game.

Yeah, it's a possibilty indeed, but it's not like people will stop playing Shredders because of this I think. Doomsayer's existence didn't cause that, so.

Yeah, it's a possibilty indeed, but it's not like people will stop playing Shredders because of this I think. Doomsayer's existence didn't cause that, so.

Oh of course not, but it does add yet another risky element to Shredder that wasn't there before. Same as the new Druid card today. While it isn't something that will crop up on a lot other than Trolden, it's still definitely something to consider when thinking about potential lethal.

Oh of course not, but it does add yet another risky element to Shredder that wasn't there before. Same as the new Druid card today. While it isn't something that will crop up on a lot other than Trolden, it's still definitely something to consider when thinking about potential lethal.

Yeah, that's true. I mean, there are already things as last resort Hungry Dragon to get a Chow to heal, or last resort Shredder pop to get a Doomsayer. This is just another thing to keep in mind. "Oh if I kill that Shredder I might lethal him with Shield Slam".

Also Cobra Shot value.

When TGT launches, there'll be less than a 1/46 chance (since we don't know how many more 2 drops minions will be added) of getting specifically Wrathguard, so I wouldn't list that as any valid downside for either it or Shredder, though of course you're right in that it's a chance you should never fully discount. And just like you wouldn't play stuff like Flame Imp if you were in a dire health situation (unless desperate or really brave/foolish), you wouldn't play this, either.

Archived