An idea for an Archetype-based Tournament

I mean I generally have a lot of free time on my hands, at least for a couple of weeks per month between coursework waves.

If we can actually get a sizable group than I would say go for it.  If we get enough interest, you may want to make a new, official thread for the tourney itself.

That is, of course, if we can at the very least re-verify interest and have all agreed upon at least the basic rules.

I... don't know what to say for the patience and insistence you show (and how much you like the idea).

Weeks have passed and interest has remained the same. What I mean: If the tourney could be a thing, it wouldn't have being prolonged for so long. I've bumped the thread 2-3 times just to not let it end, with minimal response. 

Making a new thread wouldn't make any difference, I believe. In addition, to keep asking for opinions or looking for interest would become so annoying and tiring.

The only way it might work is if:

1) the participants are not many (<=8 total) {short-lived and tidy) or

2) the tourney is divided to smaller ones, letting us change decks among them or duel different people etc. (continuous, and tolerance to time).

I'm not even sure if I really want to go with it now... If you have something to say, speak now.  ;)

Both of you were added as participants long time ago. No wonder you've forgotten it, however.

Well, there are practically only two ways to run this tournament anyway: Round Robin style or classic style.

The thing is, I don't know if it's really worth it, seeing that no more than 7-9 people have shown interest and only you two (maybe 1-2 more I'm forgetting) from... July (last update been 3 weeks ago) have insisted.

• 3 weeks later...

if an archetype only has, say, 3 ED monsters, does that mean we wouldn't have a full extra, or can we fill to finish that out?

Yes; not a full ED.

However, don't think it's going to be THAT empty, because 2*3 + 4 total non-archetypal monsters = 10 monsters in total.

There are two example decks at the OP you can see for some help.  ;)

1) Can U.As run Midfielder at 3? They literally have nothing that summons them, except for Signing Deal.

2) In fact, I counted all the U.A cards, and assuming two copies of each, they only add up to 26.

2) My fault, I should add the Deck to the second list of decks. Thanks.

(Additionally, this means that Midfielder can be run at 3)

1) I haven't studied the archetype (and most of the others) thoroughly, so: If it's included in the first list of usable Decks and there are cards that really need to be at 3, people should inform me beforehand so I can add the cards as exceptions accordingly (preferably, the new-to-come thread).

Archived