Kumongous the Sticky Thread Kaiju (905)

eJdR2X6.jpg

Kumongous the Sticky Thread Kaiju

Level 7 EARTH Insect-Type Effect Monster

ATK 2400

DEF 2500

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to your opponent's side of the field in Attack Position, by Tributing 1 monster they control. If your opponent controls a "Kaiju" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Attack Position. You can only control 1 "Kaiju" monster. When your opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster(s): You can remove 2 Kaiju Counters from anywhere on the field; until the end of the next turn, those monsters cannot attack, also their effects are negated.

Interesting. Effectively Lose 1 Turn in monster form that also works on Normal Summons. Plus, that sheet ain't Once per turn folks. So long as you have 2 Counters on your field you can do it as much as you like.

The archetype as a whole needs more though. There's no benefit from starting battles between Kajiu you have placed besides stocking counters. They need weaker Kajiu that give bonuses when destroyed in battle to the owner or negatives to your opponent.

Assuming "Gumo" is 'Spider', based on Karakuri Spider's JP name.. I'm curious as to why it's "Kumo" in the card's name. I mean, the rest of the name is just the word "Humongus", but still.

"Kumo" is the standard reading, "Gumo" is a variant. And this thing's name is a reference to Kumongo.

Konami of America knew forums exist, so they would want us to sticky this thread in the forum.

Honestly, I like this Deck as an engine so far.  Kumongous works as a way of negating whatever your opponent summons provided you have the means of destroying the Kaiju on your opponent's side of the field, and Doragon is pretty much so huge that he can destroy everything.  Kind of gives a new meaning of 'Godzilla Threshold' in Yugioh.

Let's see: we've got a Dinosaur and an Insect... who wants a Kaiju Ninja Deck? XD But seriously, though, that could be a fun idea. We just have to wait for the next set to how viable it'll be. I'm betting on 1 Kaiju being released for each Attribute, and they all could fit any of the remaining types supported by the Transformation Arts well (Dragon, Sea Serpent, Beast and Winged-Beast).

The cards feel...weird at the moment. Hopefully DOCS give them more coherence since this is seriously a deck I'm going to play just for the aesthetics.

The fact that this encourages kaiju fight is pretty funny, in a way.

This^

Deck's concept is really damn fun.

Is this thing confirmed to remove counters from either side of the field to use? If so, so far it's the worst to give to your opponent since the Kaiju you'd summon to your field afterward can get temporarily fiendish chained and the opponent gets to eat your counters. That kinda sucks. However, if you control this, it's quite the threat. Being a pseudo Fiendish Chain on a 2400 body is nice.

Really I'm wondering how you deal with your own monsters in this deck... It's really painful if your opponent can use your own counters against you which means both the new cards lose to each other. Kumongous can't run over Doragon and then Doragon gets to wipe the field using 3 of your counters, removing Kumongous. If you give Kumongous and summon Doragon, Kumongous can chain up Doragon which stops the field wipe and prevents it from running it over. This is arguably favorable, but if your opponent summons or plays something to remove Doragon, they get to keep a walking Fiendish Chain to use against you and you're the one fueling it!

It seems the "Steal back my monsters" strategy is the one that's going to work the best as of now. 

A card that generates "Kaiju tokens" onto your opponent's side of the field would be excellent in giving this deck a little bite with its main strategy. 

Archived