The Draconus Tournament

Draconus297

First off, mods, I am not sure where in hell this should go, but this was the best fit I could find. If it is necessary to move my thread, I do not mind, but for future reference I'd like to be given the reason for any moves.

That blurb out of the way, the reason for this thread's existence: During my . . . what . . . year (?) at YCM, I've created a cubic buttload of cards. Some we do not discuss, but some have been relatively balanced. While I do write these cards out on card stock, most of the time I'm testing them against the same few Decks, or Dueling myself and skewing my results.

Thus, this tournament.

I will post all my workable cards below, in a series of spoilers. I will have 3 judges with me, to demote cards as they see fit. These demotion will send a card to a level of Limited, or if all 3 judges agree on a card being broken it gets banned and removed from the list.

The tournament portion is pretty simple: everyone will pick out cards from my list to use, and the tournament will commence. Since I know that making a Deck using my cards exclusively will be hard as hell, you can support them using anything available in official tournament play (so I assume that's OCG for you acronym nuts). However, to participate, you do need to use at least 20 of my cards, either from my archetypes or the rare singles. This list was compiled across my threads, as well as my own posts and a few of my own requests in the Create a Card Game. However, for anyone who remembers some of the . . . less-than-inspired creations I've added to the site, certain cards from my portfolio have been omitted. Some cards were workable enough to overhaul, but others simply had too many problems to be worth the effort.

[spoiler=Accepted Card Catalogue]

[spoiler=Archetypes]

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/321060-aeons/?p=6461446

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/324892-modular-units/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/324662-true-hero-cards-where-elemental-meets-destiny/?p=6507912

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/325424-level-chef-and-assorted-support/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/327483-darkhorse/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/322991-gamechildren-rpg-heroes-and-villains/?p=6486672

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/337377-written-auras-steady-power-ups/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/337734-the-shinigami-symphony-music-to-die-for-written/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/338384-written-looping-dragons/

[spoiler=Glorious and Retrieval]

Glorious Draw

Quick-Play Spell

Both players select one monster they control, negate all of its effects, and banish it. They then draw cards equal to the Level or Rank of the banished monster. If either player does not control any monsters, they draw an equal number of cards that their opponent drew by this effect.

Glorious Ankh

Quick-Play Spell

Select two monsters from the Graveyard and Special Summon them, ignoring Summoning conditions. Then, your opponent selects two monsters from the Graveyard and Special Summons them. Monsters Special Summoned from the Graveyard cannot attack or activate their effects this turn.

Glorious Searchlight

Quick-Play Spell

Declare the name of one card from your Main Deck. Draw cards from your Deck until you draw the declared card. Your opponent then draws cards equal to the number of cards you drew.

Glorious Alchemy

Quick-Play Spell

Send one monster on the field to the Graveyard, and Special Summon one monster from the Graveyard of the same type as the target monster to the target monster's controller's side of the field.

Retrieval of the Champion

Continuous Trap

Once per turn, select one monster in the Graveyard- shuffle it back into its original owner's Deck. During each of your End Phases, pay 300 Life Points or destroy this card.

Retrieval of the Spellbook

Continuous Trap

Once per turn, select up to two Spell and/or Trap Cards from either Graveyard- add them to your hand. During each of your End Phases, pay 300 Life Points or destroy this card.

Retrieval of the Exile

Continuous Trap

Once per turn, select up to three banished cards- send them to their original owners' Graveyards. During each of your End Phases, pay 300 Life Points or destroy this card.

[spoiler= Haunt#Air]

Desolate Skies

Field Spell

As long as this card is face-up on the field, all monsters lose 1 Level/Rank for every Rot Counter on them. During each of your Standby Phases, place 1 Rot Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. If any monster becomes Level 0 or less by this effect, that monster cannot activate its effect or be Tributed. If you control 3 or more "Haunt/Air" monsters, this card cannot be destroyed. If there are 30 or more Rot Counters on the field at any point in time, your opponent cannot activate Spell and Trap Cards.

Haunt/Air Infection Maggot

WIND - Level 1 - Insect/Effect - 100/600

When this monster is destroyed, you can attach it to one monster your opponent controls- that monster gains 1 Rot Counter during each Standby Phase.

Haunt/Air Carrion Dragon

WIND - Level 1 - Dragon/Effect - 400/200

This monster gains 200 ATK and DEF for every monster on your opponent's side of the field with 5 or more Rot Counters on it. Once per turn, you can negate the effect of 1 Zombie-Type "Haunt-Air" monster you control to increase this monster's ATK by that monster's ATK. If all monsters your opponent controls are Level/Rank 0, increase your Life Points by any amount of battle damage this monster inflicts.

Haunt/Air Chick

WIND - Level 2 - Dragon/Tuner/Effect - 600/300

When this monster is destroyed, place 2 Rot Counters on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. If this monster is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of a Haunt/Air monster, this monster counts as 2 Tributes

Haunt/Air Spinal Parasite

WIND - Level 2 - Insect/Effect - 400/400

When this monster is destroyed, place 2 Rot Counters on all monsters your opponent controls. If this monster is destroyed in battle or by a monster's effect, attach this card to that monster. That monster's effect is negated, and your opponent takes 100 damage for every Rot Counter on that monster every time that monster attacks or is attacked.

Haunt/Air Spectre

WIND - Level 2 - Zombie/Tuner/Effect - 400/800

Every time your opponent activates a Trap Card, place 1 Rot Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. If this monster battles your opponent's monster, activate one of the following effects based on the number of Rot Counters on the opposing monster:

0-2- The opposing monster has its effects negated.

3-6- Destroy the opposing monster without conducting damage calculation.

7-9- Inflict damage equal to the opposing monster's ATK to your opponent's Life Points.

10+- Activate all of the above effects.

Haunt/Air Blotfly

WIND - Level 3 - Insect/Effect - 600/1100

You can Special Summon this monster during either player's Battle Phase by banishing 1 "Haunt/Air Infection Maggot" from the Graveyard. If this monster is Special Summoned this way, add 2 Rot Counters to all face-up monsters your opponent controls. As long as this monster is face-up on your side of the field, your opponent cannot raise the Level of monsters they control, and cannot activate any Spell Cards with "Rank-Up Magic" in their name.

Haunt/Air Shambler

WIND - Level 3 - Zombie/Effect - 650/1300

When either player activates a Spell Card, place 1 Rot Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. As long as this monster is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot Set monsters or flip monsters face-down.

Haunt/Air Wyvern

WIND - Level 3 - Dragon/Effect - 1400/700

When this monster attacks or is attacked, place 3 Rot Counters on the opposing monster before conducting damage calculation. Once per turn, you can send this face-up monster to your Graveyard to add 1 Dragon-Type "Haunt/Air" monster to your hand

Haunt/Air Infection Host

WIND - Level 4 - Insect/Effect - 600/1200

If this card is targeted for an attack or card effect, place 1 Rot Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. When this face-up monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon as many "Haunt/Air Infection Maggot" as you can from your hand or Deck.

Haunt/Air Drake

WIND - Level 4 - Dragon/Effect - 2000/1000

You can only Summon this monster if "Desolate Skies" is face-up on your side of the field. If this monster is in Attack Position during your Standby Phase, you can place up to 4 Rot Counters on any monsters your opponent controls, in any combination you desire. If this monster deals Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, "Desolate Skies" cannot leave the field until your next Battle Phase.

Haunt/Air Ghoul

WIND - Level 4 - Zombie/Effect - 900/1800

If your opponent does not declare an attack during their turn, add 1 Rot Counter to all face-up monsters your opponent controls. If this monster successfully destroys a monster in battle that had 3 or more Rot Counters on it, you can select one monster your opponent controls- it gains Rot Counters equal to the number of cards in their hand.

Haunt/Air Plaguespreader

WIND - Level 4 - Zombie/Effect - 700/1400

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the turn this monster is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, this card is returned to your hand. When this monster is Normal Summoned successfully, place 1 Rot Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. When this monster is in your Graveyard, increase the ATK and DEF of all Zombie-Type "Haunt/Air" monsters you control by 200.

Haunt/Air Poltergeist

WIND - Level 4 - Zombie/Effect - 950/1900

This monster cannot attack. This monster cannot be an attack target. During every Battle Phase, place 1 Rot Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls. During your Battle Phase, you can change this monster's Battle Position to select 1 Level/Rank 0 monster your opponent controls- you can attack with it as if it were your monster.

Haunt/Air Lindworm

WIND - Level 4 - Dragon/Effect - 1900/950

Every turn, during your first Main Phase, place 1 Rot Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls with a Level/Rank below 5. If this monster attacks or is attacked, do not destroy either monster (damage calculation is applied normally). When this monster battles, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number of Rot Counters on the opposing monster times 100.

Haunt/Air Roost Dragon

WIND - Level 5 - Dragon/Effect - 2100/1050

When this monster is Summoned successfully, increase your Life Points by 100 for every Rot Counter on the field. If this monster attacks your opponent's Attack Position monster that has higher DEF than ATK, place 1 Rot Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls.

Haunt/Air Scout Dragon

WIND - Level 5 - Dragon/Effect - 2200/1100

If, when this monster is Summoned, your opponent controls 3 or more Set cards, you can select two Set cards and flip them face-up (their effects are not activated). If this monster attacks a Defense Position monster with higher ATK than DEF, place 1 Rot Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls.

Haunt/Air Infection Fly

WIND - Level 6 - Insect/Effect - 1250/2300

If the monster Tributed to Normal Summon this monster was "Haunt/Air Blotfly", add 2 Rot Counters to all face-up monsters your opponent controls. As long as this monster is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot activate effects that target "Haunt/Air" monsters or Level/Rank 0 monsters. If this monster is not involved in any battle for 2 turns in a row, your opponent takes damage equal to half the combined original ATK of all Level/Rank 0 monsters on the field.

Haunt/Air Dragon Ruler

WIND - Level 8 - Dragon/Effect - 3000/1500

This monster gains 300 ATK and DEF for every "Haunt/Air" monster on the field and in the Graveyard. If this monster is targeted by a card's effect, you can remove 7 Rot Counters from monsters your opponent controls to negate the activation, send the card to the Graveyard, and treat it as a "Haunt/Air" monster. If all monsters your opponent controls have 5 or more Rot Counters on them, your opponent cannot Synchro or Xyz Summon.

Haunt/Air Spook

WIND - Level 8 - Zombie/Effect - 1500/3000

As long as this monster is in face-up Defense Position, place 1 Rot Counter on all face-up monsters your opponent controls during each Standby Phase. If this monster leaves the field during the Battle Phase, you can remove 7 Rot Counters from monsters your opponent controls to Special Summon "Haunt/Air Spook" from your Graveyard or Banished Zone. At the end of any Battle Phase where this monster attacks or is attacked, inflict 200 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points for every Rot Counter on the field.

Haunt/Air Spectral Dragon

WIND - Level 9 - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 3300/1650

"Haunt/Air Spook" + "Haunt/Air Dragon Ruler"

This monster must first be Fusion Summoned by sending the above Fusion Material monsters to the Graveyard while "Desolate Skies" is active ("Polymerization" is not needed). This monster is also always treated as Zombie-Type. This monster cannot be targeted by the effects of Spell or Trap Cards. If this monster would be destroyed, you can remove 9 Rot Counters from monsters your opponent controls to negate this card's destruction. If you activate this effect, destroy all cards on the field except "Desolate Skies" and this card. This monster gains 500 ATK and DEF for every "Haunt/Air" monster in the Graveyard. If this monster battles your opponent's monster with 6 or more Rot Counters on it, banish it immediately and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to that monster's original ATK.

Haunt/Air Draconic Lord

WIND - Level 10 - Dragon/Synchro/Effect - 4000/2000

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this monster is Synchro Summoned successfully, select 1 Level 8 or lower Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard and shuffle it into your Deck- this monster gains that monster's effects until your third Standby Phase after this effect is activated. As long as this monster is in face-up Attack Position, all Level/Rank 0 monsters your opponent controls cannot change their Battle Position.

Haunt/Air Ultimate Spook

WIND - Level 10 - Zombie/Synchro/Effect - 2000/4000

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this monster is Synchro Summoned successfully, select 1 Level 7 or lower Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard and shuffle it into your Deck- this monster gains that monster's effects until your third Standby Phase after this effect is activated. As long as this monster is in face-up Defense Position, when your opponent's monster declares an attack, you select which monster you control is targeted.

Usurper King Faulnis

WIND - Level 10 - Zombie/Synchro/Effect - 3400/1700

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Haunt/Air" monsters

This monster is treated as a "Haunt/Air" monster. Increase this monster's ATK by 100 for every "Haunt/Air" monster on the field and in the Graveyard. If there are 30 or more Rot Counters on the field, your opponent cannot Summon any monsters. If "Usurper Queen Skaiwira" is on the field, increase this monster's ATK and DEF by that monster's current DEF.

Usurper Queen Skaiwira

WIND - Level 10 - Dragon/Synchro/Effect - 1700/3400

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Haunt/Air" monsters

This monster is treated as a "Haunt/Air" monster. Increase this monster's DEF by 100 for every "Haunt/Air" monster on the field and in the Graveyard. If there are 30 or more Rot Counters on the field, your opponent cannot activate or Set any new Spell or Trap Cards. If "Usurper King Faulnis" is on the field, increase this monster's ATK and DEF by that monster's current ATK.

[spoiler=Singles]

Galactank

LIGHT - Level 8 - Machine/Effect - ?/2000

When this monster is Summoned successfully, both players shuffle their respective Graveyards into their Decks. This monster gains 400 ATK for every card in both Graveyards. When this monster inflicts 1000 or more Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, select one card on your opponent's side of the field or in their hand and destroy it.

Lady Luck's Palace

Field Spell

This card cannot be destroyed. During each of your Standby Phases, roll a six-sided die. Activate one of the following effects based upon the result-

1: The original ATK of all monsters becomes 0.

2: Neither player can activate Spell Cards.

3: You and your opponent trade hands.

4: All cards in the Banished Zone are treated as being in the Graveyard, and vice versa.

5: All effects that increase Life Points decrease them, and vice versa.

6: Trap Cards can be activated without being Set.

Life-Giving Sunfish

LIGHT - Level 3 - Fish/Tuner/Effect - 300/1500

FLIP: Special Summon 1 LIGHT monster with 1500 or less DEF from your Graveyard, except "Life-Giving Sunfish". Neither player can Special Summon a monster from their Extra Deck the turn this effect is activated.

Rapier Advance!

Normal Trap

Only activate this card if you control a monster with "Sword" or "Blade" in its name. Target that monster: inflict damage equal to its original ATK to your opponent's Life Points.

Rapier Parry!

Normal Trap

Only activate this card if a monster you control with "Sword" or "Blade" in its name is an attack target. Negate the attack, then increase the ATK of all face-up monsters you control with "Sword" or "Blade" in their name by half the ATK of the monster whose attack was negated.

Swarmseed Plasma

WATER - Level 2 - Aqua/Effect - 500/500

When this monster is Special Summoned successfully, you can change its Attribute and/or Type. All monsters with the same Attribute and Type of this monster cannot have their effects negated. Increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 400 times the number of monsters of the same Attribute and/or Type of this monster on the field and in the Graveyard. If a monster on your side of the field of the same Attribute and/or Type of this monster is destroyed or banished, you can Special Summon 1 "Swarmseed Plasma" from your hand.

Grand Theater

Field Spell

When a monster is Summoned, its controller takes damage equal to half its original ATK. All increases to either player's Life Points are doubled.

Clock Beginning Magician

LIGHT - Level 4 - Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect - 1500/1800

Scale 1

Spell Effect: When you Pendulum Summon a Spellcaster-Type monster, you can pay 400 Life Points to add 1 non-Normal Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

Monster Effect: During each Main Phase, increase your Life Points by 300.

Clock End Magician

DARK - Level 4 - Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect - 1800/1500

Scale 8

Spell Effect: When you Pendulum Summon a Spellcaster-Type monster, increase your Life Points by 400.

Monster Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spellcaster-Type monster enters the Graveyard, you can add 1 non-Normal Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

United Magic Field

Field Spell

Increase the ATK and DEF of all monsters with "Magician" in their name by 100 times the number of Spell and Trap Cards on the field. During your Draw Phase, you can add 1 Trap or non-Normal Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand instead of drawing normally.

Serpent Hydra

WATER - Rank 3 - Wyrm/Xyz/Effect - 1400/700

2 or more Level 3 monsters

When this monster is Xyz Summoned successfully, place a number of Head Counters on this card equal to the number of Xyz Material monsters that were used to Xyz Summon this monster minus 1. Once per turn, if this monster is targeted for an attack or card effect, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to negate the attack or effect and place 1 Head Counter on this card. This monster gains 700 ATK for every Head Counter on it.

Chained Coffin

Continuous Trap

Target 1 monster on the field; banish that target. When this card leaves the field, Special Summon the banished monster to its original owner's field in face-up Defense Position.

Pained Polymorph

WATER - Level 1 - Aqua/Effect - 200/200

During either player's Main Phase, you can target 1 monster in your Graveyard: this card gains that card's effect, name, Attribute, and type. During the End Phase of the turn this effect was activated, banish this card.

Alright, UK Duston has volunteered to help me out here, but I'd like two more people on this panel.

The Judges can, as mentioned, demote cards, and they will help me keep track of this. In addition, we will each have one promotion to give out- this lets us un-ban a banned card into Limited, shift a card from Limited into Semi-Limited, or just not bother with Semi-Limited and promote that card into 3. Personally, I'm using mine on Graceful Charity.

I do not have a Duel Portal account myself, and using one has proven impossible on a phone, so I'm going to be relying on you guys to conduct it. However, once people sign up, I'll do everything I can from the outside, including setting up the tournament ladder.

There's a 100 Point entry fee.

The winner will get half of the Points in my account, second place gets a third of the Points in my account, and third will get a sixth of said Points. After all is said and done, my account will be bankrupted.

WHO'S IN?

Fair enough.

Speaking of, would you like to be a judge, Sakura? From my personal experience, your card reviews are thought out (and respect the meta, which I can't keep up with).

I don't have a Duel Portal account, and I don't think anyone has bothered to put any of my cards on there, excepting perhaps the Darkhorse cards. I'm not sure what I could do to have someone upload the cards, but I'm ready for an exchange of favors if need be.

As mentioned above, I do everything from my phone, and the last time I attempted to use DP from my phone it was a miserable failure.

Besides, I want to check with my judge panel first, when I get a full 4 (counting myself). I don't want to upload a card just for it to get insta-banned because of things I didn't foresee.

As mentioned above, I do everything from my phone, and the last time I attempted to use DP from my phone it was a miserable failure.

Besides, I want to check with my judge panel first, when I get a full 4 (counting myself). I don't want to upload a card just for it to get insta-banned because of things I didn't foresee.

I'm going to be completely honest here, considering you are putting yourself out as a Non-Member of DP trying to host a DP Tournament, and aren't even willing to get on a laptop to post your own cards, this feels like a huge mess that is rather unappealing to anyone who would remotely be interested. I can't help but have a bad taste in my mouth from how this all is being handled and rather how it feels like a more way to show off and get feedback on your own cards a little forcefully moreso than the actual tournament. As much as I want to be positive about any of this, I can't help but not be, so I'll just end my statements here

Alright, in the event that I get my laptop fixed, I'll post all these cards to DP personally, but I'd still like them to be analyzed for ban list purposes (again, I don't wanna upload something overpowered that would break the tournament).

So could I get someone to determine the viability of these cards?

Archived