MAIDS YCM EDITION [Interest Check]

THE SOURCE MATERIAL:

http://www.maidrpg.com/index.shtml

[spoiler=shhhhhh]https://media.8ch.net/maid/src/1436333116065-0.pdf

REQUIRED READING:

The first 30 or so pages and the 'Be Our Demon King!' scenario page since for now that's what we'll focus on. The first seven pages are blank or something anyway. The other 190-ish pages are details, item lists, scenarios, and the like. Feel free to read through the whole thing though.

also http://www.d20source.com/post/79561367356/why-every-group-should-play-maid-rpg-once

[spoiler=THE INTRODUCTION]So like, I found this. And it looks pretty fun. 222 pages of rules so it's pretty well defined, even if a lot of this is optional. It seems pretty lighthearted and flexible too so we definitely should give it a try. We  can even modify some of the rules if we want, if say, there are too many stats for our liking or whatnot.

Basic summary is that the game master is the Master, the players are the Maids, and this takes place in the Mansion. The three Ms are consistent but otherwise we can go wild in a lot of ways. We can have it take place in the Victorian era and have some good ol' drama. We can have it take place in SPACE and get some space opera action. The sky's the limit. Or rather, the maid's the limit.

Anyway, if you're interested, reply to the thread, preferably with your skype.

Worry not, this is casual af. Take it easy~

THE CHARACTER GENERATOR:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html

Chances are we'll use this rather than manually rerolling. Details depend on each individual sessions but I see no reason not to allow you to pick your maid color palette but if you want to randomize those as well, feel free. Unless specified, disable the Trauma and Relationship table(or you can leave it on and ignore it). The Special Qualities table, unless specified otherwise, set it to generate 5 Qualities. You will pick 2 out of 5 that you keep.

WHEN WILL WE PLAY:

Whenever, I guess. I don't want to make a strict schedule so whenever there's enough people on who wants to play then I'll make a google doc and we'll play.

THE RULES:

1. All YCM rules apply, yada yada.

2. to be determined eventually.

3. Have fun. yada yada.

4. maids are cute

5. format is we'll play on a google doc. Once a session ends, the GM'll post the entire thing here, or maybe in an IC thread. In other words, each post in the IC thread is a complete session. Not sure if I can do this though but it would be cool.

I wan to try this a ton, but is it calls?

And yeah I'm wondering about the format too.

But I might not be readily available for calls and all.

Ah right, my bad, sorry for not elaborating. Asking for skype is so we can talk about how to adapt the game into a way that works on a forum format. Skype's easier to host conversations and see what we all agree/disagree on. Voice calls won't be a thing since I don't do those and it's easier to have it in text so I can look back. More about the format of the RP below.

If this isn't too stat-based, I could be interested. Not really interested in planning, since I'm kind of busy now. You should have me on Skype.

There are variables to keep track of but depending on how a session goes, stats may not matter all that much. There are six stats for each character, as well as a couple of traits and stress/spirit/favor. Refer to page 25 in the pdf for a sample character sheet.

As far as I can see though, there will be a lot of dice rolls.

-----

Reading through the document, I've found that the traditional forum-style roleplay format of each post having six lines-ish wouldn't really work, which is a problem. To see what I mean, look at one of the replays(the one on page 37 titled 'At the Mansion of Madness') the document includes.

With that said, I've come up with ideas on how to have this RP work.

One, we host the RP through skype. If you all could refer to the 'replays' included in the document, each RP session is a lot like a conversation. We can simply emulate that on skype. Of course, this means the forum won't be a medium for it and it'll require everyone is willing to use skype for such a purpose.

Two, we use google documents. That sheet has real-time editing, and a chat interface as well. Useful stuff. Everyone can edit the text and play the session. The downsides to this and point one is that we will require all members to be online to play each session. Again, the forum itself won't matter much but in this case, the GM of each session can clean up the document and post the contents in the thread each time it ends.

Lastly we can loosely adapt the rules to a typical forum roleplay. Instead of being a role-playing game, it's more like a narrative everyone has control over. We can ignore a lot of the rules and this will simply be an RP based on the tabletop RPG of the same name.

Personally I'm interested in the second option but feel free to voice your thoughts.

Once we have all that sorted out, starting our first session and rolling the settings, characters, and all that shouldn't take too long. Suppose we don't take option three, instead of allowing people to choose whatever traits they want, we should all roll. We can do it manually together or we use a character generator. There's one for this game made by some guy, if we don't wanna waste time with rolling our characters(although I suspect that would be in itself pretty fun). Linked in the OP.

In the document, there are several scenarios we could use. The first one in particular('Be Our Demon King!' on page 45) seems great for our first session. There is a problem of a 2-4 player limit which naturally we can risk adding a few more people, but too many might be troublesome. At least for our first session, we may or may not be able to include everyone who posted in this thread thus far. In the first place though, with timezones and all, it's likely not everyone'll be able to participate at the same time anyway. You can always wait for the next session~

If everyone who posted in this thread(and not just the people I quoted) is willing to use skype, at least to sort out the details regarding how we'll play the game, then post yours here so I can add you, or I'll find yours and send you an invite anyway. If not we  can discuss in this thread. Keep in mind though, we already have a skype group up.

I'll edit all this into the OP later today.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RR58zTxVNpO2ppciukCU_tfXTy4DihiYtaPkJ4rdulk/edit

So yesterday me, Yui, Isuka, and Wildflame had a test run with the second option. Started off a bit slow and we didn't finish the run but I think it's safe to say that with some finetuning we could go with this.

Anyway I'm up and free for a few hours if anyone wants to play a session or two.

Lovely. Thanks for posting, by the way since I was about to triple post due to a realization.

Certainly this section is the ROLE PLAYING section, but considering the format of this RPG we're playing, it's rather ill-suited. Since the actual session takes place outside of YCM's forums anyway, an IC thread in the RP section is useless.

I was thinking, perhaps I should've made a thread in the club section instead. That makes sense to anyone? If so I'll ask a mod to delete this and make a club thread. Also because being in a club demands less obligation than being in an RP. You don't need to participate in every session and all.

EDIT: And do tell about this maid thing last year. Could be good reference.

holy sheet it's exactly how i imagined a maid roleplay to be

with less stats

and no post count

not the same but I'm pretty convinced now. Time to go make a maid club~....in a while

british, if ya got skype, i can add you to the group chat now if you're willing. Otherwise, keep a lookout at the club section.

Archived