Yu-Gi-Oh! The Bound Hearts (IC|Arc 1: The Road to Pro Arc|)

Ghoulish

David wasn't very impressed. "So you got a monster back that'll self-destruct. So what?" he said. "I don't have any more plays, so I'll just use my Castle's effect and change Broxx back to face-down defense position. Broxx then folded its wings in and turned back into stone. It then faded out and the face-down card took up the spot. "Your move." David taunted. Broxx being destroyed would not matter to him. He had too many ways to stop this. He could use Rock Armor to prevent destruction, summon Quarryman to negate an attack, or even just use Broxx's destruction-triggered effect and set a card. If he had to discard a card, it wouldn't hurt. Sledge would just fish it out of the grave.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy know how to protect himself... Or so he thinks!"

"My turn, draw! I once again use my Wolf's effect to make you discard another card, then immediately sacrifice it to Tribute Summon another monster. Come out, Brawler of the Black Flame." Jessica's monster performed the same action as it did on her last turn, but as it returned to her side of the field, a demon-like creature with spikes all over its body burst out onto the field from inside it. "And that's not all. When I control Brawler, I can Special Summon Fighter of the Black Flame from my hand too!" Another demon, this one covered in chains, slowly faded into view, appearing alongside its partner. As these to stood alongside each other, a black aura started emanating around the field.

"Due to these two monster's effects, when either of them attack, not only do they inflict piercing damage to Defense Position monsters, but you're not allowed to activate traps either! Now, I'll get my stronger monster, Brawler of the Black Flame, to attack your face-down Gargoyle!"

[spoiler=Cards]

Brawler of the Black Flame

Level 6/FIRE/Warrior/Effect

If you control a "Fighter of the Black Flame": You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If a Warrior-Type monster you control attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict peircing damage to your opponent. You can only control 1 "Brawler of the Black Flame".

ATK: 2200/ DEF: 1700

Fighter of the Black Flame

Level 6/FIRE/Warrior/Effect

If you control a "Brawler of the Black Flame": You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If a Warrior-Type monster you control attacks, your opponent cannot activate Trap cards or the effects of Trap cards until the end of the Damage Step. You can only control 1 "Fighter of the Black Flame".

ATK: 2000/ DEF: 1900

David confidently discarded 1 card. As long as he had Sledge and Quarryman, he was good. When the monster attacked, David laughed. "Thank you, I now get to negate your attack. When a monster my opponent controls attacks, I can special summon Gargoyle Quarryman from my hand in face-down defense position and negate your attack." An enormous stone statue with a giant hammer came seemingly out of nowhere and deflected the attacked, then turned into stone and went face-down. "Now, since we are no longer battling, I get to activate a trap card, Gargoyle Rock Armor. All Gargoyle monsters I control gain 400 defense, along with the 200 from the castle walls. They also cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects." David then gave a smug smirk. Six hundred extra defense on 1500 defense was 2100, and enough to survive the next attack.

Can't post cards ATM. Will post soon.

The bus driver had shut down the impromptu duel that was about to occur; announcing their arrival. The girl that Adeen had wanted to squash expressed disappointment over their interruption. While the announcement said they would have time to duel, the girl had run away off into the city already.

"HEY! Get back here!! I'm not done with you!" Adeen shouted after the girl, but to no avail. The pink-haired drama queen had already run off; the bus driver announcing the different directions they can go, where to find different places in the city, and generally where to go. Adeen ignored all of that as she dashed out of the bus, but lost site of the girl. "Dammit! How is a girl with pink hair so hard to find," Adeen grumbled to herself.

Several of the passengers had started their own duels outside the bus, but that wasn't what Adeen was paying attention to. The city was large, and definitely not something that Adeen was quite used to. Of course she had grown up in quite a poor district, one that was heavily populated; but this was something straight of a sci-fi novel of sorts. It was big, dark, and full of lights and signs that didn't seem to lead anywhere. Glancing down either way, Adeen spotted the titular pink hair down to the west and broke off on a run.

"Hey Princess!" Adeen called to the girl as she skidded to a hault in the middle of the plaza, across from her. "I'm not gonna let you run away from a fight!" With that, Adeen extended her duel-disk once more. They had time to settle this with no consequences, but Adeen wanted to teach this pampered princess a lesson she'll never forget.

-50 Kilometers Off The Coast Of Remorse Pinnacle-

A seemingly innocuous cargo freighter trudged along beneath murky clouds, rain clearly visible in the distance. However, inside of this freighter, the MV Heißes Eisen, a man stood overlooking a dozen or so technicians at various monitors, a larger bank of monitors showing various sights, such as the live feed of the event happening relatively close to them, a satellite map of the island with various arrays, and a video feed from a camera in a different compartment of the ship, showing the final checks of the man's greatest stunt to date. The man, tall, broad, and possessing various scars on a tanned, chiseled face below short-cropped, spiky black hair watched the scene around him with sharp eyes, before sipping from a mug. The mug was pottery, but expertly crafted and treated, almost like a machine had made it. However, painted on the mug in blue was "#1 Dad", along with a sun and some flowers in other shades. Despite the crack in one side that he carefully avoided and the fading paint, Bertram Konig loved this mug, because it was made by his daughters in a display of teamwork. Yuna came up with the idea and selected the prettiest clay, while Yuno built an apparatus to shape the clay. After several failed attempts, the girls, both caked in hardening clay and with Yuna also covered in various paints, presented their masterpiece to their father during his 40th birthday party. With his staff. At the company headquarters. But the executives also thought of the blue-haired, blue-eyed girls as if they were family as well, so all was fine.

As the final preparations for his stunt was set into motion, Bertram reflected on how he got to stand inside of a cargo ship and watch one of his daughters race off to impending doom. It seemed like only yesterday that Bertram had gone with his father Jeremiah to see the funking pansy bastard Ziegfried von Schroeder. The Konigs and the Schroeders had been rivals for centuries, both noble houses that kept competing for the same industries. During World War II, the Schroeders fled to America while the getting was good, while the Konigs stayed and helped the Wehrmacht. Konrad Konig, Bertram's grandfather, became a genius tank engineer during the war, and while he didn't support some of the more horrible things the Nazis did, he did agree with some of the more general, positive, nationalistic values that a man, given the chance, can achieve virtually anything he sets his mind to, and a group of men, working in unison towards a greater good, can overcome the impossible. Even in Soviet-controlled East Germany, Konrad established an automobile plant from a bombed-out tank factory, and formed the Konig Motorrad Aktiengesellschaft (KMAG), which made the only non-import cars in the Soviet Union that were actually decent. In response, Schneizel von Schroeder, Ziegfried's grandfather, formed Schroeder Corp once returning to Germany, and managed to acquire a bunch of smaller, weaker companies to fill out his company. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, Konig was able to acquire better materials, better equipment, and better training, skyrocketing in power, but still overshadowed by their primary parts supplier, Schroeder Corp.

Fortunately, the tables were turned when Ziegfried, despite all of his brilliance, brought his company to ruins by trying to tackle a bigger fish: Kaiba Corp. And Bertram, on his father's shoulders, watched it all unfold as Leon, a bit older than Bertram at the time, attempted to hack into Kaiba Corp via a custom program embedded into a supposedly unbeatable card, which was further modified to be seemingly impossible to stop. But Bertram saw, first-hand, as the King of Games destroyed the impossible card, while saving Kaiba Corp's reputation. The Schroeder name was dragged through the mud, and as their shell companies filed for bankruptcy as Bertram grew up, KMAG acted fast to prop up the companies where they could, and salvage as much of the personnel, equipment, and infrastructure as they could when they couldn't do the former. By the time Bertram had taken over Konig Motorrad from his ailing father, Schroeder Corp was a fossil, and custom Duel Runners were beginning to emerge. Bertram cornered the market by modifying KMAG cycles using KaibaCorp and I2 tech, thanks to an exclusive contract. During this time, Bertram fell in love with official KaibaCorp-sponsored pro Duelist Ai Saidai, the woman whom his daughters looked so much like. Her beautiful blue eyes and flowing blue hair with those cute twin braids struck him, and she returned the affection. His only regret was that she could see him and their girls. But he was doing this for her memory, to ensure that the Saidai legacy would continue as one of Ai's baby girls followed in her mother's footsteps.

-Yuno's Penthouse-

The city glistened and glimmered against the night sky, towering beacons of lights reaching up to mar and obfuscate the heavens. And at the top of one of these temples to modern progress and decadence was a woman in a black silk robe, sitting on a bed watching the same coverage her father was watching on the other side of the world. This woman, long blue hair draping down over sharp blue eyes, wasn't paying much attention to the screens. Instead, she was having a long-distance call with her sister, using her mind as opposed to her phone, her eyes seemingly glazed over.

<You are ready, Yuna.> She spoke smoothly and calmly, stating it as a fact, which it was. Yuno knew of her sister's training regimen, and had even suggested some improvements.

<I don't feel ready.> The softer, more emotional counterpart to her own voice replied, filled with worry. The twins looked the same, save for their hair, had the same face, and sounded the same, but they were as different as night and day to those that knew them. And even listening to them revealed differences, such as the fact that Yuno had trained herself out of her accent long ago. She had tried it with Yuna, but Yuna slipped back when stressed.

<You have everything you need, and Vater is just a call away.>

<I know Papa is near. I just...I'm not sure I can do this. These are very powerful duelists.>

Yuno sighed, noticing that a fluffy black cat had leapt up onto the bed and was sauntering her way over to her Mistress. Yuno smiled softly and reached out to pet her cat Morgan. Another difference. Yuno loved cats because you had to earn their respect and trust, and figure them out as they figured you out. Plus, they could use the bathroom where you told them to. Dogs, despite how much Yuna admired them, were smelly, boisterous, had to constantly be reminded of the rules, and generally could not be trusted. The fluffy cat purred happily as she curled up in her owner's lap.

<Aww...I miss Morgan...it's amazing how much she's grown.>

<Well, I don't miss your mutt Galahad.>

<Galahad's a saint!>

<A Saint Bernard. Last time I came home for Christmas he ran me over!>

<Because he missed you!>

<Well, I just think you shouldn't spoil him so much.>

<Papa misses you.>

<...Is he still mad about what I've done?>

<No...I still haven't told him the whole truth. Mainly because he would drop everything to bring you back. I just told him you've been pursuing your own career path. And hinted that you might be in Vegas. He essentially has Nevada on lockdown.>

<I will make sure to steer clear of that part of the world, then.> She chuckles. <Your curtain's about to raise up. Go knock them dead, sis.>

<Can do, sis. And I'll tell Papa you said hi when I can.>

<I'm here if you need me.>

Yuno felt the two of them withdraw from the shared mindscape they had, and sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. It was so hard being Yuna's emotional support and coach. Especially since Yuno had bigger fish to fry in the short-term, such as paying this month's rent without tapping into accounts Yuno would rather not have publicly revealed. Guess there truly is no rest for the wicked. She looked down at the happy cat and mused. Maybe a bit more rest. At least to see how this all plays out...

-50 Kilometers Off The Coast Of Remorse Pinnacle-

"T-Minus 60 Seconds To Commencement." One of the techs announced. "Beginning Deployment of Skycrane."

"Do it." Bertram ordered, taking another sip of his coffee.

Within the middle compartment, a circular platform hosted a strange-looking vehicle with a boxy-looking body, stubby wings, an angular cockpit, four sets of thrusters, one at each corner of the "box" with two in the middle of the back and two on either side of the middle of the box. However, most of its box-like nature came from the cargo container loaded into the vehicle, a series of magnetic clamps holding it in place. On the exterior of the ship, in a middle raised dais in between two cargo sections, a circular helicopter pad spiraled open to allow for the platform to rise up into it, revealing it's designation as a CV-23 Pegasus Cargo VTOL. The CV-23 had served an exclusively military role across the globe over the past two decades, most notably airlifting supplies to and from firebases and hot areas of activity during the War in Iran and the Second Korean War, but a civilian version had been produced as a high-end short-range cargo transport for those that couldn't wait for their containers, and were willing to pay a little more. Like the Lear jet before it, the Pegasus, commonly referred to as a "skycrane" due to its capacity to grapple onto a standard cargo container with magnetic clamps, pick it up, fly off, and touch down to set the container down, was a symbol of corporate and governmental power. The four maneuvering thrusters flared to life, their turbines clearing the air and building up enough lift as the propulsion turbines fired up as well, the surprisingly nimble VTOL lifting from the deck and floating out into the open air, gaining speed as it cleared the deck and the ship. Slowly, the stubby wings changed and folded out, the maneuvering thrusters rotated into their flight configuration, assisting the propulsion thrusters, and all eight engines ignited as the skycrane accelerated up to a leisurely subsonic cruising speed of 600 kilometers an hour. The VTOL could approach Mach 1, but could never break it due to not quite being aerodynamic enough. However, 600-800 kilometers was a good average speed for these nimble craft, as it would be in range to drop off its payload within minutes.

-Remorse Pinnacle: Central District-

The rain continued to pound the bus as it reached a central square in this abandoned city, and as the duelists disembarked, one did not stray too far from the bus. This duelist was clad entirely in a white and blue jumpsuit, as if a race car driver or Riding Duelist. The jumpsuit has padding that made it hard to tell whether or not the duelist was male or female based on body silhouette alone, with the helmet, a white and blue-accented affair with a polarized blue visor across the eyes, not revealing anything about the face. This contender had been utterly silent during the whole trip, and was now watching the others, until they began to spread out. But this duelist remained here, alone. Then, the mysterious figure walked towards the center of the square, and pressed two fingers to the side of their helmet. Inside, Yuna Saidai spoke to her onboard helmet computer, her voice muffled by the helmet. "Entwarnung. Ausstrahlen." Immediately, over a very specific radio frequency, the small computer began to more or less scream a handshake code. This was picked up by the inbound skycrane's computer as it approached the island, and responded with the appropriate reply. The computers got down to business, the helmet computer giving the skycrane computer its GPS coordinates, and that the current location was an acceptable point to drop off its payload. The skycrane responded with an acknowledgement, and the information was updated to its controller back on the Eisen, who started to steer the skycrane's flight path towards the designated spot.

Within a minute, after Yuna had stepped back, a faint whine that had been building in tempo and cadence finally revealed itself to be the sound of the skycrane and its engines, the cargo craft making its appearance known as it came to a halt above the clearing of buildings, and started to descend towards the ground, its turbines giving off wind as it neared. The skycrane finally stopped lowering itself to the ground with its cargo about a meter off the ground, and disengaged the secondary magnetic grapnels, the primary grapnels lowering the container the remaining meter before unclamping and retracting back into the body of the skycrane. The craft then started to ascend back into the sky, finally shifting its turbines once again when it was clear of the rooftops and firing up to fly back to its home within the warm confines of its mothership. Yuna approached the container, and as soon as she was close enough for the helmet computer to talk to the computer within the container, and acknowledge that she was authorized personnel, explosive bolts went off along the container's wall, causing the paneling to unfurl dramatically to reveal a series of cushioning pads, like airbags, littering the exterior of an inner container. That, too, had its explosive bolts go off, to reveal a strange-looking machine. It was white with blue trim along its curving, sleek plating, chrome accenting the plating where engines and hydraulics could be seen. Six tires, two in the front, four in the rear, glistened and displayed their intricate grooving to provide traction in the rain and the rough streets of the island. Limb-like constructs attached themselves to the exterior hubs of the wheels, while an abdomen-like section covered the inner rear wheels. And a head-like extension, akin to that of a spider with a arching bank of headlights curving around it with additional sensor lights around the headlights, sat above the front wheels. As Yuna straddled the machine, anyone who knew anything about Duel Runners could see that it was some sort of prototype model of the KMAG Manticore, a powerful, high-end Duel Runner meant for dueling on more than just racetracks. She took off a glove and pressed it against a small pad, pricking one finger, then having that fingerprint read. "Fingerprint match found." A synthetic female voice sounded. "Genetic markers identified. Cross-referencing with KMAG employee identification tag. Identity confirmed. Authorized driver Yuna Saidai acknowledged." With that, the engine of the Duel Runner roared to life while options displayed themselves on the screen. She slotted her Duel Disk into the Duel Runner's port in front of her, and the back section above the wheels folded upwards, splitting to reveal itself to be a backrest and two arm bars, like on a regular Duel Runner. She gripped the handles and piloted the Manticore off to the west along the road, to see if she could find the target whose face was displayed on the inside of her helmet's visor, just out of her field of view.

"Fine, my other monster attacks too!" As the opponent's monster flipped face-up, Jessica was nudged backwards. "100 Defense too much... Oh well... I activate my face-down card, Burnt Out! Burnt Out makes the ATK and DEF of all of my FIRE monsters 0, but in return, I draw a card for each monster affected." The flames on both of Jessica's monster's bodies slowly faded away, as she drew two cards from her Duel Disk. "I set a card, then use Tuno's effect in my hand. By discarding it, I can damage you for 200 points for each monster I control." A single tiny fish jumped out from behind Jessica and hit her opponent in the head, then flopped away.

Jessica's LP: 7900

David's LP: 7600

[spoiler=Cards]

Burnt Out

TRAP

The ATK and DEF of all FIRE monsters you control become 0, then draw 1 card for each monster affected by this effect.

Tuno

Level 1/FIRE/Fish/Tuner/Effect

You can discard this card: Inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each monster you control.

ATK: 100/ DEF:1000

So a burn strategy? This shouldn't be too much of a problem. When the second attack was made on Gargoyle Broxx, David smiled. "Thanks, I was going to do that myself, but this works to. Now, I get to add a Gargoyle monster from my deck to hand, and I'll go with Gargoyle Goliath." David then drew 1 to begin his turn. "First, I'll flip Quarryman in order to add a Gargoyle spell or trap to hand." He added Gargoyle Restructuring to hand and then set it. "Next, I'll set a monster and then with the castle field spell, force it up. I flip up Gargoyle Sledge, and with its effect, I get to special summon a Gargoyle monster from my graveyard. I think I'll summon the Ledsig you made me discard a while back. Now, I will destroy Quarryman and Ledsig to special summon Gargoyle Goliath!" David announced as two monsters were destroyed and a new monster it the field. It was a huge brute with Cletic clothes. It had a giant sword made of stone on its side. "Now, I get three different effects. First, Ledsig halves the attack of your Brawler and gives that amount to Goliath. Next, I banish Quarryman to special summon a level 3 Gargoyle from my deck face-down and that'll be another Broxx. Finally, Goliath's effect sets a Gargoyle and flips it back face-up and I'll use that on Sledge and special summon Ledsig back." Now, David had 5 monsters on the field. "Now, let's fight! Goliath, attack Brawler of the Black Flame!" Goliath let out a huge roar and charged at Brawler with its sword up. There was no fear or heaitation in its eyes.

Gargoyle Sledge

Level 3

Dark/fiend

ATK: 1100 DEF: 1500

FLIP: Special Summon 1 level 3 "Gargoyle" monster from your graveyard in either face-up attack position or face-down defense position. You can only use this effect of "Gargoyle Sledge" once per turn.

If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it.

Gargoyle Goliath

Level 8

Dark/fiendATK: 3000 def: 2500

You can special summon this card(from your hand) by destroying 2 "Gargoyle" monsters you control. If this card is special summoned this way: you can change 1 "Gargoyle" monster you control to face-down Defense Position, then immediately flip it face-up. You can only use this effect of "Gargoyle Goliath" once per turn. If this card is destroyed: You can special summon 1 "Gargoyle" monster from your graveyard or hand in either face-up ATK position or face-down DEF position, except "Gargoyle Goliath".

Gargoyle Restructuring

Continuous Trap

Once per turn, during your 2nd Main Phase, you can return all face-up "Gargoyle" monsters to your hand: Set an equivalent number of "Gargoyle" monsters from your hand to the number returned by this effect.

CpLVjzj.png

After oohing and ahhing around the Western Plaza, Yukari was about to move on to explore the rest of the city when all of a sudden....

"Hey Princess! I'm not gonna let you run away from a fight!"

...drat, it looked like the angry lass from before had managed to track down Yukari after all. It was probably due to Yukari herself standing out from the crowd with her pink hair, but even then, the sheer size of the city must've counteracted that, surely. No matter, Yukari would have to deal with this problem right here and now.

"Run away?!" Yukari once again pretended to be offended, "I was trying to warn the good people of Remorse Island of your vile tyranny, you imbecile! But fine, since the plot demands that I defeat you right here and now, I shall show no mercy. Let's DUEL!!"

With that, Yukari too had extended her Duel Disk, fully prepared to do battle with the angry lass on the other side. The first step was to engage in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who'd earned the first turn of the duel. So Yukari extended her arm and moved it up and as one did, keeping her hand in a ball this whole time.

"Behold, the mighty rock!" Yukari exclaimed, seemingly excited with her choice.

Jessica assessed her opponent's field carefully, especially finding a way to avoid the 3000 ATK giant about to strike her 0 ATK monster. "Damn... I activate Moment-Too-Late Shield! This stops my monster from being destroyed, then after the battle it's switched to Defense Position. Additionally, I draw 1 card." She could do nothing but watch as the opponent's monster crashed into her's, sending her flying backwards. Her monster though, stayed firmly rooted to the ground, now in a defensive stance.

Jessica's LP: 4900

David's LP: 7400

"He still has four monsters that can attack... Well at least I still have Crimson Wolf in my Graveyard for when he eats through my other monsters." Jess then looked at the card she drew. "And this."

[spoiler=Cards]

Moment-Too-Late Shield

TRAP

When a face-up Attack Position monster you control is targeted for an attack: That monster you control cannot be destroyed by this battle, also, after the Damage Step: Switch that monster you control to Defense Position. Draw 1 card.

Finally, now it was time to teach the princess a lesson. But first, to decide the turns.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, kid, but I'm going first!" Adeen announced proudly, showing off an empty hand for paper. With her deck shuffled one more turn, Adeen drew her first five cards. "My turn!" Looking at her hand, Adeen smiled. E.M.P.'s Linear-Lancer, Power-Pummeler, and Basher-Barrier were all there with Iron Call and Solidarity.

"Starting off, I'm summoning Elite Machine Platoon Basher-Barrier in Attack Mode!" Adeen announced, practically slapping the card down onto her disk. In front of her, the gleaming red armor of Basher-Barrier materialized; standing over twice as tall as any person and planting its heavy tower shield down onto the concrete. With a smile Adeen stood up straight. "And with that, I end my turn. Show me what you got, princess!"

The cards Adeen was using were old, but they were tried and true by both her, and her father. Who cares what no, fangled cards this kid had. She was going to get pummeled down anyways!

[spoiler=Cardex]

Field: [ ][ ][basher-Barrier][ ][ ]

Graveyard: None

Banished: None

Hand: E.M.P. Linear-Lancer; E.M.P. Power-Pummeler; Iron Call; Solidarity

pOGUsAa.pngePnp2Jp.png2FMlomu.png

51-b1zlXyVL._SY355_.jpg 51Y2B6bKfmL._SY355_.jpg

OOC: My Plot related and/or other character related information will be done in red.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Whereabouts and Information

Central Plaza:

David 7400LP vs Jessica 4900LP (Pre-Tournament Duel)

Adeen 8000LP vs Yukari 8000LP (Pre-Tournament Duel)

TJ (Watching David and Jessica's Duel)

South Pathway:
-
North Estate
-
East Subway
Kye (Searching for Target Duelist)
West Plaza
Yuna (Searching for Target Duelist)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kye followed the pathway that his krystal was guiding him to. He knew very little about it and where it came from, all he knew was that his father had said it was a rare gym that he had searched for many years looking to find. Kye for a moment forgot about looking for his target duelist, this was something that rarely happened with Kye, usually he is very focused on the task at hand and will not waste his energy in search of something that he doesn't even know he was looking for. Kye's searching eventually lead him to an isolated part of the area, there he walked through what seemed to be an endless alleyway that eventually would lead into the West Plaza. The crystal grew brighter and brighter as Kye then heard a loud scream from not too far ahead. He quickly dashed forward not thinking for a second of what could be waiting for him.

[spoiler= 'Alley in between']

103981w.jpg

"What am I doing?" Kye thought to himself as he continued dashing through the dark alleyway. Noticeably it started to rain slightly heavier then before all over the island. When Kye seemed to be approaching the source of the loud scream of pain, it suddenly diminished, and was replaced by a loud roar of creepy croaky laughter.

"So...much..." The voice stated as Kye finally reached the final corner to the source, He didn't bother to have a sneak peak but rather jumped put from the side to see a short fat man wearing a black suit and top hat. In front of the man lay a duelist with his eyes rolled to the back of his head. The young man wasn't moving as noticeably a black rope of fog was piercing the mans chest and linking itself to a blank card being held by the short fat man. Suddenly the fog diminished and the card began emitting rays of black light that seemed to reach up to the sky and through out the alleyway. "It...was the right...choice....coming here..." The man seemed to struggle to speak properly as if he had taken some kind of injury to his face. "Oh...what's this..?" He questioned as he saw Kye standing around 10 meters down the alleyway.

"Wh-What have you done...." Kye muttered in shock as he took a step back. "You've....you killed him?"

"A necessary....offering..." The small man insisted as he then took off his top hate revealing his face. "My name....is Kijama...not that...you've heard....of me.."

[spoiler= 'Kijama']
2cxx88w.jpg

"What do I do!? I need to tell someone but if I move will I make it!? Or should I try to stop him myse-?" Suddenly a bright black light began shining from the card causing Kye to block his eyes. "What's happening?!" Kye called out as Kijama began laughing hysterically.

"It's time....for the....awakening!!!"  

Meanwhile....In a large office inside Heirachy City...

Walter D., President of the WDO stood at the edge of the roof to floor window, looking out and over at the distant island known to everyone as "Remorse Island". Noticeably the island was covered by a very transparent layer of black fog and the sky was pitch black above it. Walter knew something array was occurring, he folded his arms and  and stated out loud.

"Get my Duel Disk and Helicopter ready!" Walter then rubbed his forehead and thought to himself. "This air of pressure..."

All over the island the ground began shaking lightly as if a minor passing underwater quake was flowing past. The once calm drizzle of the rain had now intensified to pouring and the grey clouds turned the sky pitch black. The scene was not to be taken lightly, as a force once sealed away has somehow made it back into the realm of humans. The first Bound, was released.

She certainly loves drawing cards. Jokingly, he asked "How many pieces do you got now?" Though she had two monsters, they were all at 0 and vulnerable. How could such an opportunity be missed? "Well, you might have gotten massive pluses, but there's no reward in playing it safe. Broxx, attack the one in attack mode!" he ordered the winged demon. It lunged straight at the monster before even an eye blinked at drove its claw at its foe. As it did, David started to wonder if he had made a big mistake. He was slightly afraid of a damage step tactic that would be the end of him. Was this a mistake? That didn't matter. All that mattered was that he was close to victory.

CpLVjzj.png
As the angry lass went about her turn, Yukari scratched her head, wondering how in the hell paper could beat rock anyway. But it didn't matter in hindsight, she had plot armor on her side... at least so she believed. However, just as the lass summoned her first monster of the game, it had started rain all over the city. And then it rained hard, and as she looked up, Yukari noted the suspiciously grey color of the clouds above. No doubt the rain was real, but thankfully all of Yukari's cards were in sleeves so they wouldn't be drenched into the rain and made useless, and Duel Disks of the model she had were known to be well protected by the elements. But still, Yukari didn't like the rain splashing all over her favorite nightie and hoodie, and she refused to believe that the sudden downpour was coincidental.

"Your monster's ominous rain summoning has no effect on my +57 Plot Armor!" Yukari yelled over the rain, "I draw, and Summon Hexterra Parasite in Attack Mode! And I immediately equip it to your monster! Now at every Standby Phase, you have to roll a dice, and that monster loses Attack and Defense Points equal to the result times 100! Now then, I should probably defend myself properly if I can but..."

She paused for a few seconds, wondering what she should do. That's when it hit her; Yukari could scan the holograms in front of her with her Duel Disk, and once she did, an image of the card whose hologram she scanned. That EMP Basher-Barrier would be perfect due to its sheer size. She just had to ensure that she didn't accidentally scan the smaller, serpentine Hexterra Parasite that was attached to its chest. After a few tries, the monster was scanned so she could read the effects.

"Well that's dumb; it can't attack my face. Oh well, I set this card anyway and end my turn!" Yukari paused briefly, giving only enough time for the angry lass to draw to signify her turn was technically over, before suddenly... "Now this is where it gets interesting! I activate my Trap Card; That Six! Now any time either of us roll a dice, I alone can decide whether to leave the result alone or change it to a 1 or 6! Depending on whether it's an even or an odd number respectively of course!"

[spoiler=Yukari's EOT Status]LP: 8000

Cards in Deck: 34

Cards in Hand: 4

Cards on Field: Hexterra Parasite (Equipped to EMP Basher Barrier via effect), That Six (Activated during Adeen's Draw Phase)

Cards in Graveyard: N/A

Banished Cards: N/A

[spoiler=Hexterra Parasite]Effect Union Monster

Sea-Serpent-type/EARTH/Level 3/1200 ATK/800 DEF

Once per turn, you can equip this card to a monster your opponent controls, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. When equipped to a monster by this card's effect, during the controller's Standby Phase: The controller of the equipped monster rolls a six-sided die, and the equipped monster loses ATK and DEF equal to the result of the die x100. When this card is unequipped and Special Summoned: It gains ATK equal to the ATK that the previously equipped monster lost through this card's effect. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle, destroy this card instead.)

TJ looked up at the heavens as the sky grew darker. He was interested in this match, yes, but it would be even nicer to get out of this rain. He hustled towards a nearby building, hurriedly pulling his outer shirt over his head like a hood. He burst into the nearest unlocked building, a deli?

Shaking himself like a dog, he looked around at the other people who'd sheltered here from the rain. Hmm... he thought, I hope this delays the tourney... I need to speak to someone about my target. TJ took out his cards and began shuffling them subconsciously. His mind drifted back to the duel he'd been watching. He was disappointed that he didn't get to duel, but it did give a good insight into the relative strength of his fellow "Special duelists". If he'd brought his best deck, he'd probably be able to match them easily, but with this one he had now...

He stopped shuffling and looked at the topmost card. Wannabe Fodder. He sighed, put his deck back in his disk, and waited for the rain to subside.

Jessica gave a sarcastic laugh as her opponent make an Exodia joke. "Very fun-" Suddenly, the ground rumbled a little bit, and the rain, which Jess hadn't noticed 'till now, became heavier than before. "Well, since I have nothing to stop your monster from attacking, its damage will come right thr-OOF!" Jessica tumbled backwards, signifying that the attack had hit. "Damn, no hesitation... Just like those ruthless underground duelists..."

Jessica's LP: 3600

David's LP: 7600

"He's getting close to victory, hopefully I can do something next turn... If I even get a next turn."

So close. The rain just made it more dramatic inside the castle walls. David did not even care about it though. All he knew was that he was nearing the end. "I would be nice and spare you a turn, but unfortunately that would not get either of us anywhere, would it? They say there's more in losing than in victory you know." Of course he didn't believe that. How could you gain anything if you never win? He still had two more attacks to make. "Gargoyle Sledge, attack that defense position monster!" Sledge charged and in the blink of an eye, pulled out a hammer and smashed the monster with it. "Now, for my next trick, Ledsig attacks directly for 1400 damage!" He just no feared it straight into her life points. Normally, this would end horribly for him, but he was feeling lucky today.

David LP: 7600

Jessica LP(assuming the direct attack goes through): 2200

"You seem to have forgotten my Crimson Wolf's special ability! Remember, when you make a Direct Attack, I can revive it, so I'll bring it back in Defense Position!" Once again, Jessica's flaming creature returned to the battlefield, this time with its body curled up. With each rain drop that hit the monster's fiery body, light grey steam sizzled into the air, drifting away far above the depressing grey castle walls, that when she really thought about it, reminded Jessica of the many sad locations of her past. "Wow... That duel isn't even part of this giant tournament and I'm already getting so deep into it... And so is this rich guy with his giant castle. Winning this duel would be a nice ego boost."

Adeen growled under her breath. At least it was fitting for this girl to use a card called "parasite"; but of course they would use cards so underhanded. 

"My turn, Draw!" Adeen announced as she drew one more card; the pitter patter of the rain soaking beginning to soak her hair.

"Now this is where it gets interesting! I activate my Trap Card; That Six! Now any time either of us roll a dice, I alone can decide whether to leave the result alone or change it to a 1 or 6! Depending on whether it's an even or an odd number respectively of course!"

"You what?!" Adeen practically gasped. Who made cards so cheap?! Adeen glanced at the card she drew as she entered the Standby-Phase. The dice was rolled, and the result came up as a one. Great, now the girl had the freedom to weaken Basher-Barrier however she wanted. The princess seemed very excited over this result.

"Eeeeyes! I activate the effect of 'That Six'! Now the result is 6 and your monster loses 600 attack!"

Adeen's growling became more audible when Barrier's attack shrank from 1500 to just 900; and its defense of 1600 to only 1000. "Fine! I switch Basher-Barrier to Defense Position and set one card!" Basher-Barrier's stance changed to a crouch, holding its shield in front of it, while a set card materialized behind it; the card that Adeen had just drawn. "And I end my turn! Now why don't you man up and quit fighting like a coward!" Adeen taunted, beginning to feel very irritated over this girl's play-style despite it being only one turn.

[spoiler=Cardex]

Lifepoints: 8000

Deck: 34

Cards in Hand: 4

Cards on Field: E.M.P. Basher-Barrier (900/1000) / 1 Set Spell or Trap Card

Cards in Graveyard: N/A

[spoiler=E.M.P. Basher-Barrier]

pOGUsAa.png

CpLVjzj.png

"There's a fine line between caution and cowardice, lady!" Yukari childishly scolded, "You're just jealous 'cause I thwarted your evil plan..."

With that, Yukari drew her next card; Fish and Kicks. Although she admired the illustration of all those pretty fish on the card, she had to admit that the card itself wasn't very useful just yet. So she added to her hand, before mulling away at how to deal with that face-down. She didn't have anything in hand that could pop it, but she didn't want to her Normal Summon for the turn to go to waste. However, she had decided her next course of action.

"Now it's my turn, and I'll start by unequipping my Parasite from your monster!" Yukari announced, once again insisting that she had to yell over the sound of the rain in order for the angry lass to hear her, "This in turn activates another cool effect; whenever I unequip Hexterra Parasite monster after it lost Attack Points, Parasite gains the same amount of Attack Points that the other guy lost! Not that it couldn't be run over either way, but more Attack Power is always awesome!"

As it was done feeding, the parasitic serpent ripped its fangs of the shielded machine before it, and powerfully lunged itself back off the machine, before slowly slithering in front of Yukari and turning back towards its prey. Its fangs were bared as it stared down its weakened prey

Sea Serpent-type/EARTH/Level 3/1200 ATK/800 DEF

Hexterra Parasite's ATK: 1200 --> 1800

"Now go my brave Parasite; slay that foolish goon and carve the way to victory!" Yukari cried. As the creature lunged once again at the shielded machine, this time to kill, Yukari watched and waited for the angry lass to spring her trap. That was of course, assuming there was ever a trap to spring.

[spoiler=Yukari's Status]LP: 8000
Cards in Deck: 33
Cards in Hand: 5 (1 of which is Fish and Kicks)
Cards on Field: Hexterra Parasite (ATK, Currently Attacking EMP Basher Barrier), That Six (Face-Up)

David didn't even bat an eye. "Oh well, then I guess I'll just have to get rid of that. I overlay Broxx with Ledsig in order to XYZ Summon Gargoyle Hudson!" An elderly monster then took the field. It wore the same Celtic clothing as Goliath, but was brown and had a scar over its eye. Instead of a stone sword or a hammer, it carried a metal flail. "Now, I'll activate Hudson's effect. I can detach a material and destroy 1 Gargoyle I control to target one monster you control and banish it!" Just then, Goliath was transformed into a stone statue which then blew up. "Since your little burner is the only monster, I'll be banishing it, but don't think Goliath's deal h was in vain. If destroyed, it can special summon a Gargoyle from my graveyard face-down, except itself of course." He then set a Gargoyle Sledge from the grave. This was it. If she had no outs to Hudson, then this next turn would be game. "Your move." he said to her.

[spoiler=cards]

Gargoyle Hudson

Dark/fiend/XYZ

ATK: 1900 def: 2000

2 level 3 "Gargoyle" monsters

You can detach 1 material from this card and destroy 1 face-up "Gargoyle" monster you control and target 1 monster your opponent controls; Banish it. If this card is destroyed: You can banish this card; Add 2 "Gargoyle" Spell/Trap cards to hand, 1 from your deck and 1 from your graveyard.

Adeen glanced down at her set card, but overall had a very angry look on her face as the parasite was summoned to Yukari's side of the field; promptly plowing through Basher-Barrier, which exploded into a million tiny bits.

"Is that all you got?" Adeen snarled. "Because I'm just getting warmed up!" With Solidarity in hand, there was no doubt that the parasite was mince-meat on Adeen's next turn; it was just a matter of making sure nothing got in her way. But, once that stupid worm is dead, then it was time to open up some damage; and that set card was going to help.

"Now hurry up and end your turn!"

[spoiler=Cardex]

LP: 8000

Cards in Deck: 34

Cards in Hand: 4

Cards on Field: N/A

Cards in Graveyard: 1 (E.M.P. Basher-Barrier)

Banished Cards: N/A

Jessica drew and looked at her hand of three. "I activate the effect of my Burning Soldier in my Graveyard, which allows me to bring it back when I'm in a pinch with no monsters! Now, time to destroy you, by Summoning my Tuner monster Mirror Shield Warrior to the field, and by tuning its Level 4 self to my other monster on the field, which gets banished via its own effect. And I do this to Synchro Summon! Come, from the darkness of our hearts, and wreak havoc on all living beings!" At first, it had appeared that nothing had happened, except Jessica's two monsters disappearing.

From atop the castle walls a gargoyle crashed onto the ground and split apart, directly in front of David and his Xyz monster. "Lucky that one isn't part of the duel..." Suddenly, Jessica's face became more menacing. "Struggling is useless... Fighting back is futile... Hiding is cowardly... There's no stopping Dark Burst Dragon!" As a bolt of lightning struck the sky, a pitch black dragon came into view, roaring evilly as it circled the battlefield.

"Dark Burst Dragon. Destroy that pesky little old cosplayer, and while you're at it, use the ability of your Magic Black Wing!" Jessica looked away from her dragon, and towards David. "When I use this special power, I can draw 1 card, then if it's a Spell card, I have permission to activate it. Draw!" The slightly psychotic-looking lady had a peek at the card she drew. "I activate Might of the Lost! Using this, I shuffle all of my banished cards, which I have two of, into their respective Decks, then I can Special Summon a Warrior-Type monster from my Graveyard with an equal or lower level than the number shuffled. Come back, Endless Fighter, in Defense Position!"

Jessica's demonic dragon created an ear piercing roar, and as it did so, Jessica's Level 1 monster appeared standing on its head. "Say goodbye to your grandpa, David!" As Jessica's monster began to attack David's Xyz monster, she had a very sudden thought. What am I saying?! Why am I being so rude to him? This is just a test of strength! It... Must be my memories trying to escape through that dragon..."

[spoiler=Cards]

Mirror Shield Warrior

Level 4/EARTH/Warrior/Tuner/Effect

When this monster is destroyed by battle: Your opponent must send 1 monster from their Deck to their Graveyard.

ATK: 1600/ DEF: 1600

Dark Burst Dragon

Level 7/DARK/Dragon/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner  monsters
During either Player's turn, when a monster declares an attack: You can excavate the top card of your Deck, and if the excavated card is a Normal Spell Card; activate it. Otherwise, send the card to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Dark Burst Dragon" once per turn.

ATK: 2600/ DEF: 2600

Might of the Lost

SPELL

Shuffle all of your banished monsters into your Main Deck and Extra Deck (respectively), then Special Summon 1 Warrior-Type monster (from your Graveyard) whose Level is equal to or less than the number of cards shuffled into the Deck(s) by this effect.

CpLVjzj.png

Normally Yukari would jump for joy whenever she killed a monster, but since the entire point of the attack was to try and trigger that face-down, Yukari was rather dismayed. She was tempted to assume the angry lass was dumb and had just threw whatever down, but that kind of thinking had bit her in the ass before. Now that she thought of it, she did had one card that would help make the most of her Parasite dying. Hmm, what she would do, what she would do...

"Now hurry up and end your turn!" the angry lass scoffed, disturbing Yukari's thought process.

"Pfft, looks like someone's impatient to lose," the child replied sarcastically, "I'll just set this card and I'm done. Not that I need the protection from your dumb monsters..."

[spoiler=Yukari's Status]LP: 8000
Cards in Deck: 33
Cards in Hand: 4 (1 of which is Fish and Kicks)
Cards on Field: Hexterra Parasite (ATK), That Six (Face-Up), 1 S/T

Basher-Barrier was destroyed by the battle, and as consequence its effect activated and dealt 1000 damage to Adeen; who's expression only got more frustrated and annoyed.

"I'll show you who's dumb, Draw!" Adeen half-growled, half-yelled as she drew her next card. Another Basher-Barrier. "Guess it's time for a change of pace, then. Come on out, E.M.P. Power-Pummeler!" Summoning the Blue Brawler, Adeen smiled as the blue machine materialized in front of her; flexing its arm in preparation for battle. "But he needs a little boost, so I activate SOLIDARITY!" Adeen then activated her continuous spell card. "So long as I have only one type of monster in my Graveyard, then all monsters I control with the same type gain 800 attack!" With that, Power-Pummeler's attack rose to 2500.

"Now time to teach you a lesson! Power-Pummeler, show that stupid worm who's boss!" With that, Power Pummeler lept into action; winding up a large punch and ready to take down Yukari's parasite.

[spoiler=Cardex]

LP: 7000

Cards in Deck: 33

Cards in Hand: 4

Cards on Field: E.M.P. Power-Pummeler (2500 / 1400); Solidarity and 1 set spell or trap card

Cards in Graveyard: 1 (E.M.P. Basher-Barrier)

Banished Cards: N/A

ePnp2Jp.png

"Well, since you were so nice to destroy my monster, I just add 3 cards to hand, one off of Awakening and 2 off of Hudson." He added Gargoyle Rock Armor, Gargoyle Dawning, and Gargoyle Revenge to hand.

David took in a breath. This was it. His next move would decide the victory. It was either win or lose now. He drew his card, Gargoyle Quarryman. "I'll set 1 card face-down." he said setting Revenge. "Now, I'll flip my two Broxx face-up and add Gargoyles Goliath and Ledsig to hand. I'll then flip Sledge back face-up to special summon Ledsig from the grave. Now, I'll destroy it with a Broxx to special summon Goliath! Ledsig's effect now triggers halving your dragon's attack and gives it to Goliath, putting it at 4800. Broxx's effect now triggers as well, setting your other monster. Now Goliath's effect triggers, setting Sledge so I can get back a Ledsig from my grave." This was the final moment. No holding back and no mercy. "Goliath, destroy that dragon now!" Goliath, now buffed by an additional 1800, charged down the dragon. As it did, Goliath's eyes turned bright white with nothing else inside. It was a face of pure rage.

(Assuming you let me get to the damage step)

David gave a cocky smile. "That's not all the damage you'll be taking though. I'll now activate the effect of my Ledsig in hand, discarding it to boost Goliath up another 1000 attack."

Archived