[CC Daily #4] I'm Coming to See You [Generic Pendulum Pair 2/2]

Maeriberii Haan

6ZszjfN.png?2

zP9TqZ4.png?2

Pendulum Effect: When this card is activated and "Magician of the Yesterday, Maribel" is not face-up on your side of the field, you can destroy 1 face-up card you control; activate 1 "Magician of the Yesterday, Maribel" from your deck. You cannot Pendulum Summon the turn this effect is activated.
Monster Effect: You can target 1 "Magician of the Yesterday, Maribel" on your Extra Deck or Graveyard; Special Summon it. You cannot activate this effect if you control a face-up "Magician of the Yesterday, Maribel". If "Magician of the Yesterday, Maribel" is face-up on the field, all of your level 4 or lower monsters gains 600 ATK and DEF.

Pendulum Effect: If "Physicist of the Tomorrow, Renko" is face-up on your Pendulum Zone, cards on your Pendulum Zone cannot be destroyed y your opponent's card effects. When you Pendulum Summon a monster, destroy this card and if you do, add 1 "Physicist of the Tomorrow, Renko" from your deck to your hand.
Monster Effect: If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster or used to summon a monster, shuffle it into the deck instead. Once per turn, if you control a face-up "Physicist of the Tomorrow, Renko", you can target 1 card on the field; destroy it, but you cannot summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of the turn. During either player's turn, you can destroy this card; return 1 "Physicist of the Tomorrow, Renko" from your side of the field to your hand.

Today's cards are a pair of generic-ish pendulums focused on each other.

Not really sure what they can achieve atm, since I'm not really aiming for them to do anything when making them, prioritizing flavorstuff instead.

Maribel getting Magician pendulum support might be a problem and I admit I realized about it late (since the reasoning for that name was completely unrelated to it originally). Might change it into something else, but we'll see, I guess.

Soooo, comments and suggestions and critique will definitely be really appreciated especially this time.

So... Renko gets maribel, who then destroys herself to search renko, then you play renko and destroy the first renko to search maribel... All at the cost of only being able to pendulum summon every other turn?

I really like that. The engine seems to be limited by copies of Renko, though. Using Pot of Riches on pendulum summoning turns should help remedy this.

So... Renko gets maribel, who then destroys herself to search renko, then you play renko and destroy the first renko to search maribel... All at the cost of only being able to pendulum summon every other turn?

I really like that. The engine seems to be limited by copies of Renko, though. Using Pot of Riches on pendulum summoning turns should help remedy this.

Pot of Riches, huh? Now that you mention it, it also goes well if you keep the two around to get the pop+boost. But yeah, that play is the concept I have in mind with the two. 

Do you think it would be fine if Renko's pendulum effect restriction is instead "You cannot pendulum summon for the rest of the turn?" or would that make the restriction moot?

Renko blows up another card you have + activates Maribel from your Deck, although you won't Pendulum that turn.

Or you can retrieve her from the ED / Graveyard, and boost your monsters a good amount. (600 should be sufficient enough to help run over common things)

Maribel blocks your Scales from being blown up via Wavering Eyes or other removal, which is nice [again, provided her counterpart exists].

Though, it is an instant setup via Renko, but the P-lock on her prevents you from abusing the instant scales, so that's fine.

Then it searches another Renko by destroying itself (which isn't a problem since it'll recur itself later with an additional copy).

She also allows you to pop stuff on the field if Renko exists, which is still nice (although the ED gets locked, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem). If you use it as an Xyz Material, it goes back to the Deck, but not too much of an issue since again, Renko gets her out anyway.

Not really sure why you'd want to return Renko to your hand by blowing this up, aside from bypassing certain effects like Fiendish [well, getting it off the field so it can recur things] or something along those lines.

You'll mostly have to rely on Renko to get the thing going, since Maribel doesn't search her out in return (well, outside of P-Summoning + her own destruction, which again, isn't an issue).

----

As for Maribel getting P-Magician support, it was probably unintentional [though for Archetype reasons, it would probably depend on what you had intended her Japanese name to be]. You probably won't have to change the name though, but probably think of something else if it does have that string in its name.

(Though, Sky Arc up does provide protection anyway for her, even without Renko around to fill the gap.)

----

About Renko's Pendulum restriction, it already locks you from P-Summoning after searching Maribel; new wording won't change much.

Pot of Riches, huh? Now that you mention it, it also goes well if you keep the two around to get the pop+boost. But yeah, that play is the concept I have in mind with the two. 

Do you think it would be fine if Renko's pendulum effect restriction is instead "You cannot pendulum summon for the rest of the turn?" or would that make the restriction moot?

Well, pendulum summoning only every other turn sounds like a pain in the ass, but these scales are really good for something so generically accessible, so I feel you are better off with it as-is.

Not really sure why you'd want to return Renko to your hand by blowing this up, aside from bypassing certain effects like Fiendish [well, getting it off the field so it can recur things] or something along those lines.

Reusing the pendulum effect.

Archived