[Finished]Finito. Garlandchaos wins.

Northern Sage

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact you thought that may have been my actual score it tell tail enough of how bad I did.

That was pretty much a leading question structure anyway.  I'm not insinuating anything, was just scared that I lost control of my own contest and I do not know how the others think of the cards beforehand exactly.

[spoiler=Judging:]Tojin: (91)

Dorotabou

Level 4

EARTH/Zombie/Effect

1700/900

When your opponent destroys a face-up Plant-type monster you control (whether by battle or by card effect), you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, return 1 monster on the field to its owner's hand. All face-up Plant-type monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. You can only Special Summon 1 “Dorotabou” with its own effect per turn.

Balance/Usability (35)

Flavor (40)

Creativity (16)

Gadjiltron (93)

PORvthg.jpg

Balance/Usability (38)

Takes effort to really use, like most Spirits, but has some great summoning capabilities. Pure versatility can make this a valuable tuner in at the very least Spirit hybrids or maybe splashing potential.

Flavor (40)

This is really any form, like the Nue of legend. Fits the Spirit monster mold, and has a fitting Attribute for the unknown. No complaints.

Creativity (15)

Instantly reminded of the shapeshifting Trap Monsters and Nyarla. Bonus points for the transformative properties and being a Spirit and a Tuner at the same time.

XOXO (77)

QkTMEi7.jpg

Balance/Usability (26)

Flavor (38)

Creativity (13)

Flash Flood: (74)

Mayosenju Inugami

Rank 4 WIND

Beast/Xyz/Pendulum/Effect

2 Level 4 WIND monsters

Scale: 3

Pendulum effect: "Yosenju" monsters you control gain 300 atk for each other "Yosenju" monster on the field.

Monster effect: If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4 monsters, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card from your Extra Deck. Once per turn: you can detach an Xyz Material from this card; add a "Yosenju" card from your Graveyard to your hand, and if you do, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon that card in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 card on the field; return that target to the hand. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as possible, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Balance/Usability (35)

Flavor (25)

Creativity (14)

Garlandchaos: (97)

Clingy Obariyon

DARK **

ATK: 100/ DEF: 100

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

Lore: When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that target. Its effects cannot be activated, also it cannot declare an attack. During either player's Main Phase 1: You can send this card and the equipped monster to the Graveyard; Special Summon, from your Extra Deck, 1 Synchro Monster whose Level equals the total original Levels/Ranks of those two monsters in the Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon.) When this card is targeted for an attack or by a card effect: You can return it to the hand, and if you do, gain 500 LP. You can only use 1 "Clingy Obariyon" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Balance/Usability (37)

Fun. fun disruption. The typing is less than helpful, but this type of removal is quite something, and it can dodge destruction as an Equip.

Flavor (40)

I had to look up that last unexplained bit and will trust SMT lore here. Bravo.

Creativity (20)

I've never quite seen something like this before. 

Wildflame: (93)

wuoYoqw.jpg

Balance/Usability (36)

Flavor (39)

Creativity (18)

VCR Cat: (86)

46BNs99.png

Balance/Usability (32)

It's just a beater, but Rank 7 fodder like that can be nice. Some synergy with Harpies and Phantom Beasts, I'm sure.

Flavor (38)

It sure is a Tengu, fitting in with all the different forms tengu can take. Other parts are slightly lost on me, though.

Creativity (16)

Quite unique take on lore and a not too common beater style.

Aman Indra: (83)

qqczzbW.jpg

Balance/Usability (30)

Beast-Warriors don't exactly have the strongest field presence, and this summoning requirement does hurt a lot. It does gain some blanket immunities and recover your used resources, so there is strong potential.

Flavor (38)

More analogous to youkai than representative, but I digress. The deception theme, which youkai do do a lot, does shine through, and the good/bad side of yokai, which I would have entirely missed otherwise.

Creativity (15)

Summoning requirements is something. And I did say I liked unique takes on the theme.

Open for questions while  we wait for the other people.

Archived