Growing Up.

JessicaMuddy

This is a thought that's been looming over me, and after thinking about it, yes I do want to be my own person and live my own life, but I don't think I'll be able to do that in just 3 year's time. The thoughts of getting married, having kids, etc are all awesome, but completing school to a high standard, getting a good job, paying for assets and things scare me.

Please share your thoughts/experiences with growing up.

I feared getting married myself but me and Ashley had a talk and agreed that nothing changes. We are both kids at heart and are proud of it. Growing up is inevitable but if you hold the things you love to you close, you will always be a kid at heart and enjoy those times forever.

My family has established a good hardware store business in my city, and I'm pretty much the only heir (My dad and 2 uncles are the associates, there's me and my brother, but my brother has mental issues that won't allow him to help me run the business, then there's the 4-years old daughter of one of the uncles, so she's too young yet, and the other uncle doesn't have children). So in terms of my professional life, I'm set, as long as I know how to keep our business going. I'd say I have good chances since I've been helping them for 7 years now. Also, I'm studying Executive Secretariat, which allows me to apply for most managerial positions in pretty much any enterprise I can, and it also helps a lot with managing our own business. Also, with this degree, I can later make a specialization on translation, which is something I really wanna do, and it wouldn't get in the way of managing the hardware store business.

I'm 22 now, and I'm glad my family has made a place where I can continue to work with them and not worry about interviews and getting fired. As for marriage and children, let's just say I'm pretty damn fine on my own, at least for now.

However, I'll never grow up. Why should I? The most fun things in life happen when you're a kid, so I'm really enjoying my child side by playing games and watching shows. Having a good time is a very important part of adult life, and you shouldn't stop doing what you like doing just because you suddenly became an adult.

I've read somewhere this:

--Men are like boys. Just bigger, with deeper voices and more hair grown. Women are like girls. Just bigger and with more developed... parts of their body. (This last part is edited by me ^_^ )

It's hard to maintain everything you had as a kid, but it's not a reason to forget being a kid. Sure, you need to actually DO and DON'T DO stuff because it's only natural, but playing or relaxing as a kid would do has nothing to do with it.

Personally, I feel I'm becoming more and more mature every single week (not day, since it's a so short time period! :/ ). Also, working and doing more and harder tasks make me feel useful and good and energetic. However, I enjoy spending my time online or playing games or sitting with my family or so many other "lazy" things a kid would do... Being more mature means my entertainment should follow suit, but it's not an absolute rule. Heck, I sometimes even waste time "playing" with my old stuffed animals!

I don't know when I'll begin to be... not the childish person I am right now, but I know it'll take some time to become 50 or older.

Archived