Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Well, the fight certainly did seem to be attracting attention.  A Weavile jumping into the fray, along with some Sylveon that seemed to have some sort of shítty attitude.  Nothing that was all that interesting...with one exception.  A Charizard decided to make himself known, and judging by the tone of voice he used when addressing the combatants he was a Chaser.  Arrogant and convinced of his own strength, not that he likely had much reason to be.  Just the sort of person that would go off on some fool quest to hunt down the legends.  It was perfect.

BGM

While those around her were distracted with their own business, she reached into her pack and retrieved three throwing knives which she held in her right fist.  Bringing the blades to her lips, she parted them to let a thick stream of coal black liquid pour over them.  It quickly coated each blade, aided by the tip of her tongue, and sizzled as it dripped to the ground.  Her eyes never left the Charizard, whom she confirmed was more focused on the fight than on herself.  That was just perfect.  Cleaning the substance from her lips, she took careful aim on the flyer. A flick of her wrist, and the trio of knives were sent on their way to deliver the substance on its way.  It wasn't some normal poison, the Black Blood of Darkrai would seep into him and rapidly cause him harm until such time as it was either cured or he fell to it.  

"You there!  Charizard!"  She called out, stepping out from where she had been watching the fight from the side lines.  "I have business with you."  She needed him to know it was her, so that she could interrogate him about the Camerupt.  Of course it was a long shot, but worth trying all the same.  Considering that her stepping out brought her among those already involved in the combat, she decided that it was best to clear the area immediately around her.  She wanted enough room to deal with this Charizard after all.  "In you I place my trust and my faith, for you alone are worthy of it."  She prayed, closing her eyes in the process, before stamping her left foot against the ground.  A wave of darkness washed out from her in all directions, striking all those who were stupid enough to not make room for the Absol (Dark Pulse).  The force with which it struck was such that it could break the focus of those afflicted, leaving them standing there dumbfounded for just long enough to be struck down.  Not that she cared what befell the others, for only the Charizard had caught her eye.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kazo let out a cry of pain as the Sandslash attacked him from behind, tearing into his back, the force of which caused his sunglasses to fly off his face. He hissed in pain before growling, that cut would make it hard to hold a defensive stance, hell, it might become a scar. Badass, but also a pain in the ass. He stood up, his yellow eyes dilating as he sneered, the angry and almost crazy look on his face a neon sign that read,

"You done screwed up now!" He grabbed the ankle of the one he headbutted as he stood, suddenly spinning fast, swinging the gijinka like he was a weapon, the poor Sandslash's head cracking over the other's before being smashed into the ground. He then used his other hand to grab his weapon's ankle and began to spin around, performing a Giant Swing, spinning faster and faster before throwing the downed Sandslash into the third untouched partner, causing the two to crash into a pile. Kazo then took in a deep breath as he cupped his hands over his mouth.

"Ground Dragon's Roar!!" He shouted as he fired off what was really just a Dragon Breath, but seriously, Ground Dragon's Roar sounded so much cooler. The pale purple beam soared through the air to make contact with the two Sandslash. Kazo barely had time to see if it connected before he let out a cry of pain that was quickly suppressed into a hiss. Arcues, that was so painfully distracting.

wA0yiK8.png

“You giving me a warning?! You know, with how old you are I’d think you’d know not to underestimate. That’s right your face doesn’t fool me, I can see the age in your eyes....tell me, what do you see in my eyes?” Cabrakan refrained from answering that question just yet, as he wanted to see the look on this guy's face after he was taught his lesson first, but he could tell that the Scyther Gijinka was serious. He'd already prepared a Focus Energy and then, before Cabrakan could react, lunged straight at him with a Wing Attack that had proven to hit harder than the aged Chandelure thought it would.

However, despite the critical hit, it was nothing compared to some of the hits Cabrakan to endure back at his birth town of Trailsau. As such, he was still plenty capable of retaliating, and as he saw the lone palm tree that Oasis had to offer, he knew exactly how to go about it.

"Let's see how you handle this," before the Scyther could possibly brace himself for any kind of impact, his whole body soared into the air with seemingly no agent at all and crashed into the palm tree, his back taking the brunt of the impact. There was no doubt that would hurt alone, but to add extra power, Cabrakan created a much larger and heavier fireball than he used to intercept the Dark Pulse from Murkrow. This was one of his true signature attacks: the Deluxe Fireball Supreme. Not the most accurate of attacks, but for current intents and purposes, it'd at least allow Cabrakan to test how quickly the Scyther recovered from the impact of the telekinetic force earlier. As Cabrakan launched the Deluxe Fireball Supreme, he knew that either the Scyther would go down, or the lone palm tree would go down.

The, what seemed a normal gang fight in front of Himiko, actually turned serious. Both sides where attacking and a lot of Gijinka from outside joined in. "Oh, well, that's surely chaotic." She said as she still watched. Then an Altaria Gijinka started singing, but was then attacked "Oh, no! Is she going to be fine?!" Himiko thought. "Wait a second what?!" She though as she saw the Altaria who was in verge of tears a second ago turn into a murderous dancing machine. Blood was basically flying. "Okay, now my intervention is needed. First i need to secure the area!" Himiko said as she tried to keep all the civilians away from the battlefield. 

Most of the civilians were now safe, infact, she didn't even have to do much work about it, since it seemed that they already decided to leave on their own. "Now that there are less casualties, it's time to make this fight stop, let's just hope this goes well... I'm not the strongest Gijinka..." She thought. 

A new challenger approaches!

Himiko jumped right in the middle of the battlefield, no one noticed her yet. "May your prayers be heard, shine through, KOUZEON, LIGHT OF THE COMMON VOICES!" Himiko shouted, as she emanated an extremely intense light, possibly blinding the gijinkas extremely near to them for at least a few hours. A Seviper were confused by the attack, "Aha! Gotcha! Now, Beautiful princess of the moon, help me defeat these emblems of evil, Kaguya's Gift!" Himiko said as waves of energy surrounded her, hitting the already confused Seviper. "It's better if i get out of here, now, i used up most of my spiritual energy. But i will take him with me, as a priestess, it would be a disgrace to let these poor souls die, after all, i didn't even purify their souls yet." Himiko thought as she floated away as fast as she could, carrying the knocked out Gijinka. "He should wake up in around an hour... Well, there's no best time to pray than right now!" She said as she kneeled down to pray.

Juyu

The last remaining clone nodded upon having been hired by the Empoleon. One hundred poke and a free drink seemed like a fair enough deal for handling a bunch of lowly Seviper.  

Watching as her contracted targets rushed the Empoleon, the clone took up a combat stance, before dashing forward and intercepting one of the Seviper with a dropkick to their face. 

“My partner and I will be here shortly….” 

iU8EggM.png

Meanwhile, the real Wesley stirred slightly upon having one of her clones violently destroyed by the Seviper leader. Her ears twitching at the sounds of her partner conversing with a voice she didn’t recognize, the girl listened intently with her eyes closed, only forcing herself to move after hearing Sid tell the child to beat it. 

Lazily popping one of her eyes open, Wesley was met with a small Zorua girl. It only took seconds to piece everything together from there; being an experienced thief, Wesley had a knack for picking out people cut from the same cloth, and saying that this little girl had sticky fingers would be an understatement. Glancing down at the pile of loot that lay few inches in front of her, Wesley discreetly glanced around to see if she could spot the rest of Zorua’s gang, or whoever was going to try and steal the pile of trinkets when her and Sid helped the girl out. It was a time tested scam, and Wesley couldn’t help but be slightly impressed that they were bold enough to try it on two people like herself and her partner.

“Someone’s feeling chatty today…” She yawned to Sid, lifting her head from his shoulder. Stretching both arms high above her head, Wesley closed her eyes and let loose another yawn, before suddenly hitting the Zorua with a glare filled with Pressure. “But that’s not how you handle kids,” In that instant she vanished, reappearing behind the girl moments later and lunching a Quick Attack aimed at the base of her neck in order to peacefully incapacitate her. “hm, a clone?” Wesley grunted as her target simply vanished upon being struck. 

“Not bad…” She found herself nodding in approval. Was this girl working alone? Still groggy from being awoken from her nap, Wes scanned the surrounding area a few times, but was enable to spot the real body. Yawning again, she dismissed the notion of wasting time trying to track down the little rascal, instead moving towards her loot and cramming it into her bag. "Welp, we've been hired, partner!" She smiled cheekily at Sid whilst strapping her bag to her back. The two had been traveling for quite some time now, and she could honestly say she'd grown quite fond the shadowy gem muncher. Though it had taken a while to get used to... well everything about him, Wes couldn't think of a time where Sid didn't have her back, and that said a lot, seeing as she was always dragging them into some kind of trouble. 

As the pair calmly began walking towards the brawl, Wesley glanced over her shoulder and smirked. "Hey, rascal!"She called over into the shadows that she knew the little predator had to be hiding in. "You're not bad, but how about you watch and see how to really make some cash!" The Zorua had potential, and Wesley couldn't help feel an odd connection the aspiring young crook. 

iU8EggM.png

"Alright, the Zangoose leader wants the dancing queen out of this, and the Empoleon is paying us to help clear out the snakes." Wes motioned towards the Altaria, and then to the Empoleon who was already being assisted by her clone. "I'll handle the dragon..." Turning to Sid, she smirked before dashing off in the direction of the Altaria and the Zangeese. "let's raise some hell, partner~" 

Taking advantage of the fact that her target was already being engaged, Wesley leaped high into the air, raising her index and middle fingers up towards her lips as she so. Gathering cold energy deep within her body, the girl then exhaled a Blizzard of freezing air and jagged icicles, and preceded to whip her head to the side, causing the attack to sweep across the ground in an attempt to glaze over the frenzied dragon. Satisfied that her warning shot had earned her some attention, the girl landed behind her opponent.

"I'm gonna have to ask you to kindly get out of here..."

Oasis

Her teeth had made their mark!  She was so pleased to finally satiate her blood lust.  She bit down harder, but was met with a squeaking noise.  Upon further inspection with her tongue, the material she was biting down on was feather like at all, it had more of a fabric feel to it.  It had been some time since she had eaten fabric...usually when she had a mouth full of pillow during a stellar dream.  She shook her head, releasing the plush doll from her death grip.  Taiga looked up again, the Murkrow had cleverly made a substitute to avoid such a harsh blow.  She wiped her mouth clear of some stuffing that had stuck to the outer ring of her mouth.

"What's the matter, chicken?!"  It must not have been the case, since the Gijinka launched another attack at her.  This time, the attack looked like a fist made of some, hidden energy was hurtling towards her.  She was still in midair, after missing her Ice Fang, so if she'd want to avoid the supposed fighting type attack, she'd have to think off her feet.  

The lightbulb went off in her head!  It was super-effective!  She placed her hand below her, and a geyser of water appeared from beneath the sand.  She found solid footing as the geyser raised her higher into the air, on the same level as the Murkrow.  The fist splashed midway into what seemed to be a giant waterfall.  She rubbed her fingers under her thumb.  She was for sure a genius.  "What kind of attack was that feather brain?"  She felt her skin vibrate, she was faster than before now.  "Well whatever it was, It's my turn now!  SURF'S UP DUDE!"  Contrary to what she was saying, she had actually used Waterfall.  She moved the giant pillar of crashing water towards the Gijinka.  

She licked her lips.  "This should make you juicy and tender..."

d2akEes.png

Juyu

“Someone’s feeling chatty today…” The statement made Sid blush, but it went unnoticed under his collar.  He shrugged.  

"Weird..."  He had been talking more than usual.  

“But that’s not how you handle kids,” After waking up so quickly, so managed to dispatch of the Gijinka clone just as fast.  She was so skilled.  "Welp, we've been hired, partner!"  Of course they had been, that's what those clones were doing out in the middle of that fight.  This clever girl was always ready to make a quick and easy buck.  Obsidian nodded, as he sunk into his partner's shadow.  The two were now on their way into the fray.  "Alright, the Zangoose leader wants the dancing queen out of this, and the Empoleon is paying us to help clear out the snakes."  Wes walked towards the direction of the Altaria girl, she did stand a pretty good chance against a dragon type after all.  That left him to deal with the snakes. 

Wes launched an attack towards the gijinka dragon, but it was meant only to acquire her attention.  Sid rose from Wes' shadow, looking strangely at his partner.  "Unlike you.  Usually surprise...not so straightforward."  Before making his way towards the forked tongue gang, he placed his hand on Wes' back and infused his dark energy with hers.  This Helping Hand of his was sure to boost Wes' next attack by half.  Scouting the area for the closest sign of slithering, he noticed a Rotom Gijinka gripping an arm injury.  His opponents were two Seviper gijinka.  "Perfect..." he whispered.  He snuck behind the rotom, and placed his hand on it's shoulder.  "Helping..."  Sid fused some more of his dark powers into the rotom.  Sadly, his recover could only be used on himself.  

He walked in front of the rotom, and pointed his fingers to the sky.  The sevipers looked up, as Sid created two orbs of purple like flames on the tips of his fingers.  Sid flung them, as if he were to fling a booger towards them.  With the two so easily distracted, the flaming orbs made contact rather easily, and started to burn them intensely.  Try as they might to stop drop and roll, a burning soul was a much harder thing to douse.  Through the pain, one of the sevipers(6) launched a retaliation against Sid, mouth wide open and fangs bared.  Sid created an orb in his hand, slightly larger than the one made of fire, that was pitch black in appearance.  He shoved the orb into the Sevipers(6) mouth.

"Die..."  He whispered as the orb exploded in the gijinka's mouth.  

Alleria Ethera (?)

Tjuyu

"I'll go give you the pleasure that will make you smile, so drop your meaningless guard, alright?"

Alleria's voice was a mix of disappointment and teasing as she reacted to the fact that two Zangeese managed to dodge her attack using Detect, and that another one struck her in revenge after getting hit. So far, two of her audience had been pleased by her, lying near her feet motionless. Their sign of appreciation was on her hands, dripping to the ground and staining her now slightly-ragged clothing. The smell of alcohol was still up in the air, and it was clear than Alleria was completely drunk and dazed in her odd outrage. The fact that she was still conscious was somewhat a miracle in itself, and she even managed to keep herself on her two feet and still participate in the show even with how much she was intoxicated.

"Well...if you want to get hurt this much, don't worry...this missy here will fulfill your desire~!"

Ignoring her own wounds, Alleria started dancing once more. Her dance was faster and wilder than before even if the base movements were mostly similar, and once she was done with the small dance, she didn't waste any time to lash at the nearest Zangoose who was lucky enough to share a private moment together with her. However, she stopped on her tracks as she noticed a blast of dark spreading through from somewhere. As dazed as she was, she managed to retain enough sense to dash back with her increased speed before she got hit by it.

"A show need more light, not darkness...so who's trying to disturb the showtime...?"

Alleria looked around, but her drunken state made her perception faulty enough to miss the fact that the source was an Absol. Still, once the dark pulse dissipated, she noticed that one of the Zangeese was near her, so she lunged at them with her claws bared. Yet, once again she felt that something was amiss, and she suddenly felt chills all around her. Looking around, she realized that someone had used an ice attack on the ground below her; it missed her by mere inches. Being a dragon/flying, Alleria realized that she would've been in mortal peril had the attack hit her, something that was narrowly avoided due to the fact she was floating slightly at the moment. Frustrated at the disturbances around her, she decided to just continue her attack at the Zangoose - shoving her hand as hard as she could towards it while still in a state of Outrage, before turning around the mess, shaking her head.

"U..ughh...why the hell are there...so...many disturbances...in my show...?

My body can't take it anymore...it's not like they're paying me anything for this.

I'm going home."

Alleria made sure that she bowed to everyone first before leaving. After that, she started to walk away from the scene nonchalantly, away from the mess without even looking back. However, her walk became more and more unsteady, and just as she was out of the festival area, Alleria collapsed on the streetside.

Juyu

As Lok was looking around, he felt something touch his shoulder, a chill down his spine. He could also swear that he had heard a faint whisper, although he couldn't make out exactly what it was trying to say. The chill didn't seem to stop at his spine, though. He started to feel cold all around his body, but it wasn't a bad cold...in fact, he felt stronger than he did before. Before anything else happened, though, an odd looking gijinka appeared in front of him. From the looks of it, he was a Sableye, although the Sableye around his village were a bit more cheery than this one. Without missing a beat, the Sableye pointed at the sky and formed two orbs of purple fire, and flung them at the confused Selviper, whom started to roll around in panic. Probably due to the shock of the burn, it had seemed that the Selviper had snapped out of their confused state - one of them even attacking the Sableye with a mighty bite. However, it would soon regret that decision, as the Selviper suddenly ate a mouth full of darkness. Not wanting to be completely useless, and seeing that the Selviper that he had previously zapped away was going for another bite, Lok aimed his index finger at it. This time, however, he didn't intend on shooting lightning. Using the burn to his advantage, Lok decided that Hex would be the best option. A group of 4 small, gaseous orbs circled his index finger - the orbs being much bigger than they normally would be - and fired them in the direction of the assailant. Three of them landed right inside the serpents mouth, while the last one landed at its stomach. The orbs - and the Selviper - burst into bright purple and cyan lights. The Selviper would have to be very lucky to survive the attack.

Oasis

Ari held back the urge to throw up again as he saw the state of the gijinka in front of him. I don't even know his species... He had been raised among lions his whole life, and only recently had he learned the world was a lot bigger than he first realized.

"T-there’s nothing, I’m not...much longer for this world...I-I must confess, before I..." The fallen man paused, "I lied, I never beat a Legend, I just...I just didn’t want to be seen as a...f-failure anymore. I became a Chaser t-to give my k-kids someone to look up to but I-I’ve been so useless...Ah b-but, I...I did see one. Someone needs to know, a-at least I would’ve done something...with my life. I saw it, inside a cave to the east, behind a hidden door, guarded by a puzzle...B-but know this, there’s a Snorlax guarding the entrance...I T-Tricked him to get past but h-he’s a sharp one...Heh...if only I could’ve been someone...like that....instead..." he paused once more.

Ari waited, waited for him to say something more, something else. "Wh-why? Why did you stop talking? Why? Why aren't you saying anything? Say something!" he shook the man's shoulder, but nothing happened. He wasn't even... "You're not...breathing?"

"Ari, when we die, the breath of life leaves our bodies, and our bodies become grass."

"No, no!" Ari had never seen anybody become grass, let alone somebody he had just been talking to. "No, you were...just talking...a minute ago. Why? Why aren't you...? Why...already...grass..." he smashed a fist into the sand, holding back tears. He stood there for a while, before jerking in thought. Oh yes! The rites!

Ari didn't care that he was in the middle of a battlefield. No, they could do what they wanted to him. He would send the man off with the care he deserved, reciting the words he had been taught to say: "You were a worthy man, and you shall be worthy in death. From body to grass to grazer to hunter, we are all a part of the Circle of Life. One day I shall join you, but for now I am hunter." He bowed his head in respect and then lifted it, gazing at the fighting all around him with clear eyes. It doesn't matter that he lied, he thought. In the end, he died a Chaser, chasing his dream... His throat clenched, and the boy stared at the ground. Will I...become grass too? Like this man, I'm doing it to make my family proud...I... He shook his head. No! I have to do it! Prove my worth as a hunter before I can move on from this stage.

The lion looked at the green man, currently battling a purple man. Why is he doing this anyway? Why did he kill? I don't understand... He looked around. "I have to help! Somehow... But..." The one blue guy looked to be handling the spiky people. A red girl looked like she had just dealt the final blow on a striped person. And then there was the scary blue girl going after the scary hat person. "Maybe I should just find a way to move the body," he muttered. Maybe next to the pond? Grass needed water to grow, after all. Ari picked up the man's arms and attempted to drag him to the pond, flinching when the green guy crashed into the palm tree in front of him.

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu

Things seemed to happen one after the other. One moment Easter was talking to the Weavile, the next the clone disappeared. Tch. Who did that? I was talking to him... the Sylveon glared at the swaying Seviper gijinka in front of him. This guy is the leader of the Seviper gang? One would think he'd have some experience with confusion. But then again, he's a poison type, and they've never been able to handle the effects very well.

The Seviper was oblivious to her thoughts. "Hello pretty lady, what’ssss a girl like you doing in a placcce like thisss?"

Rolling his eyes internally, Easter looked up at the idiot through his eyelashes, blinking a couple times for good measure. "Oh, you know, this and that," he simpered. "I ran out of sweets so I came here to see what was happening, but," his eyes widened. "Oh, it's so very scary," he glanced around as if nervous, but really he was just keeping track of the battle. Tsk tsk, this is such a mess.

"You there!  Charizard!" A sharp tone caught the Sylveon's attention. The owner, an Absol gijinka with a a black ribbon in her hair, stepped out from the shadows. "I have business with you."

Another dark type? What is this, my birthday? Now he had three pieces of lovelies to keep an eye on. And this... he thought, turning to look at the Seviper leader. What to do...? The incoming Dark Pulse took the decision out of his hands. Unfortunately his shield would take a bit yet before it was usable again, but as this was not only a special attack, but a dark type one at that, it wouldn't do much. Still, his eyes sparkled with mischief, I might as well keep up appearances. The fairy type let the force blow him back like a leaf, crying out as he did so. "Aaah, nooo! Oh Mr. Phinehas sir, save me from the scary Absol!" He fell on his back, hands slapping the ground to catch himself and prevent unnecessary damage.

Rising slowly, cradling an arm as if injured, Easter looked down, letting his hair shade his eyes as he thought.  Not only will Toxic not affect a poison type, but I'll be able to see what else this Absol has up her sleeves. If she got rid of the confused Seviper, well...he was a fool anyway. Retreating back to the bench from before, the Sylveon sighed, keeping track of the battle's progress, including the matchup of Weavile versus Altaria. He couldn't help the stab of disappointment at seeing the dragon type retreat. I'll have to keep an eye out for her, he thought, and then another hit him like a bolt of lightning. It was a scandal! An outrage! He...was out of sweets! "I wish I had more dango..."

Juyu

Cold Crown Wallenstein

“My partner and I will be here shortly….” 

The Weavile nodded, accepting Wallenstein's pay(or rather, Wallenstein would give the girl her money once she got back to the inn). Then she quickly drop kicked of one of the Sevipers. At the same time, another one of the Sevipers bit unto the Mismagius girl but was also quickly dealt with. Said Mismagius turned towards her.

“How’re you faring?”

"So you can fight. Lovely." Wallenstein turned to the two Sevipers trying to bite her and quickly shot both of them with her fingers. The impact wouldn't have killed them but just as the water splashed on them, Wallenstein snapped her fingers. Instead of splashing away, the water blasts solidified, binding both Sevipers. That was her ability, 「Cold Crown」, and didn't actually require her to snap her fingers to use. Nevertheless, that's two down. With both the Mist she set up and the incoming rain, taking down the other two still biting at the table would take no time at all.

Wallenstein looked to the Rotom and found the boy assisted by a Sableye. Was that the 'partner' the Weavile was referring to? And then the Altaria...retreated. She could've sworn the girl bowed in her direction or something before staggering away. But to compensate for that a Chimecho appeared in her place and joined in the fight. A little further away from the scene, a Charizard appeared and an Absol appeared and the Absol picked a fight with the Charizard. And a Sylveon also appeared and was following the Seviper leader around.

It was absolute chaos.

"Miss Magius, wanna retreat?" Wallenstein felt that the situation was rapidly getting out of hand and as fun as that was, the fight between the Charizard and the Absol would most likely overshadow the rest of the conflicts in the town square. At this point the festival was beyond saving, most likely. In the first place her objective was to help out the Mismagius. Now that the two were no longer surrounded, it wouldn't be too difficult to make a retreat. "I think both the Sevipers and the Zangeese are exhausted by now, it was a good fight. And I'm a little worried about the Altaria girl too. "

Juyu

The apparent leader of the Zangoose gang was the first to respond to Aegon, at least verbally. While the Altaria fought of the Zangoose that surrounded her in frenzied madness, the leader called out her reply. “Don’t you f***in’ tell me where to fight, these bastards decided to get in the way of...important business, stay outta it ya hear?”

Well, that was harsh. Wasn't really enough to warrant picking a side over. So much was going on around him that Aegon was still fairly clueless as to choosing a side. He'd learned the hard way back in Trailsau that flying into a melee full of strangers and declaring your own side of the fight was a great way to enrage everyone into beating you down quickly and viciously. Strong as he was, he didn't need to fight off EVERYONE there.

However, before he could give the angry Zangoose any sort of reply, he heard something. It was faint, but with every passing second it grew louder. Almost like a whistling...

Aegon spun around quickly to identify this noise, altering his position, and would thank his lucky stars that he did so. He felt the air rush past his neck as an object whizzed just over his shoulder. Two more projectiles tore into his left wing. 

"Oh sheet."

Aegon plummeted down to the ground and landed on his left side hard. He felt the impact throughout his entire body and grunted loudly from it. No sharp pain, though, so his bones were intact at least. It wasn't the first time since he'd evolved that his wings had been taken out, so he already knew the damage. Sustained flight and higher altitudes were out of the question until his cape mended itself, that would take at least a day. He could still glide and use his wings to speed up a dash or gain more height on a jump, but that was it.

Still, it was alarming. Neither the Zangoose nor the Seviper could have hurled those daggers...

"You there, Charizard!" Well that made things simpler. Aegon's gaze shot towards the source of the voice. He saw what looked to be an Absol. "I have business with you." 

The Absol stomped on the ground and a wave of dark energy shot forth from all sides, a Dark Pulse. It knocked back some small-ish pink haired girl near the Seviper and spread forth far enough to hit him. Aegon had barely gotten to his feet in time to brace for the hit and was thrown back. He landed on his back and slid across the ground a few feet, lightly dazed...but very excited.

THAT was the reaction he had been looking for.

"Do you now?" Aegon called back as he forced himself to his feet. His greatest asset, flight, had been taken from him, but he still had his fire. Besides, she was a dark type. Even if she was an Absol the element of surprise was her strongest asset, and he had survived it. This fight would still be fair, and dark types tended to lose fair fights more often than not.

Aegon produced a ball of intense fire in his right hand and held it out at the Absol. He did not smirk, he didn't laugh,  but he was eager for a fight nonetheless. "And what sort of business would that be, hm?"

With that Aegon's orb of fire expanded into a spiraling stream that shot it's way towards the Absol (Fire Pledge).

MwhMjJD.png

Poke: 500

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Nugget, Moo Moo Milk x2

"No Festival...scram..."

"Aww, really?"

“Someone’s feeling chatty today…but that’s not how you handle kids.”  Had a glare like that been directed at the real Fawkes, she'd have probably just pissed herself.  These two were more than she'd bargained for; they were clever enough to see right through her scheme, but she was still safe behind her cl--WHOA WHO THE HELL JUST ATTACKS A CHILD LIKE THAT!?  Before she knew it, Fawkes lost the link to her clone.  That Weavile maniac had attacked it.  These two were way more than she'd bargained for.  They were violent on top of being clever.  These were real hardened crooks; the kind of people Fawkes feared and admired all at the same time.

"Hey, rascal!"

Fawkes froze in place, eyes wide open and ears perked straight up in full attention.  She didn't dare to peek back around to where these two were after that glare and attack from the Weavile. 

"You're not bad, but how about you watch and see how to really make some cash!"

...these two were way more than Fawkes had bargained for.

d2akEes.png

She'd tagged along, of course.  Fawkes had every intention of watching closely how these two operated.  She'd be able to learn from their example, no doubt.  Maybe even join forces with them; it would be good to have tough people that weren't afraid to fight in her corner.  She made a point to stay as out of sight as possible; if somebody from the big brawl going on just around the corner caught sight of her and wanted to fight, there wasn't much she'd be able to do to deal with them other than run and use illusions to try and get away (not without trying to snatch something from their pockets, of course).

And what she saw didn't disappoint.  The Weavile and Sableye both were really strong.  Way stronger than she was, at least.  In its own way, it was kind of motivating to her.  Making use of her Double Team technique again - this time generating two clones - Fawkes looked at her two doubles and announced the plan.

Pointing to the first of two, she peeked around the corner and then pointed to where the Altaria that the maniac had dealt with had fallen over.  "You'll go for her pockets.  Keep quiet and run really fast."

"How am I supposed to do both of those?"

"I don't know; just be careful okay?"  Pointing to her second clone, Fawkes directed her other hand to point at the mostly-fallen gang of Sevipers.  "You'll take their pockets.  Just try to avoid the guy that's still standing, and be very careful."

FF00;">"I don't know about this..."

"Team Fawkes, go!"

At her order, the two clones split up from their original, with their mission in mind.  The real Fawkes made a very clear point of staying out of sight, especially now that she was doing something this risky.  Would the plan work?  She doubted it, but that was no reason not to try.  Besides, she had to show those other two thieves that she knew how to snag things too.

AfoYVVt.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Dragon Gem x1, Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

What absolute chaos.  And to think this all started because some unworthy clown wanted to boast over something he hadn't actually done.  This was why Kah wanted to create that world of truth so badly; the dragons would sit up on top where they belonged, unaffected by the pointless banter of the lesser creatures.  But damn if the heat of battle didn't excite her.

The bloodlust in her eyes and the immense, fang-bearing grin of her mouth said it all.  Hell had broke loose, and Kah would literally beat the order back into the scene one step at a time.  She saw a trio of Sandslashes gang up on a Gabite.  From one dragon to another, she supposed as she made her way there after he'd already taken care of his assailants.

"That wasn't awful," Kah half-praised.  "I'll take it from here."  Those Sandslashes dared to gang up on a dragon like this Gabite.  Had to teach the lesser creatures to know their place.  And it would be a lesson taught up close and personally.  Gathering the telltale purple energy that marked the dragon type around her fists as she approached, Kah waited until she was within punching range to make her move.

With a roar and a violent motion, Kah slammed her fist down with every ounce of strength she could assemble, aiming straight for the closer of the lesser creatures.  This was a lesson in the power dragon-types boasted and why it was important for lesser creatures to respect them, and class was now in session.

Oasis

The Beedrill grinned as its attack pierced through the Scizor’s armor and as his enemy's blood dripped onto his hand. This grin turned to surprise as the Scizor gripped him in its pincer, and it could do nothing as a lightning-swift punch landed directly onto the Bug’s forehead. His skull cracked and he fell, limp, towards the sand below. Only being held up by the Scizor’s strength.

Meanwhile the pair of remaining Sandslash were facing a rather...unconventional foe. One of them had been smacked to the side, his head having taken their fallen ally to it, and the second was currently dislodging said fallen ally to try and avoid the Dragonbreath heading its way.
It had just managed to toss the body to the side when the attack reached them, and thus was unable to avoid the brunt of the hit. Sadly it came face-to-face with another Dragon, who absolutely obliterated him with a flurry of powerful blows. The wounded Sandslash couldn't handle this beating and was soon out of commission.
Off to the side its ally had recovered from the blow to the head and had tucked into a ball, Curling to increase its Defense, and then launched itself at the Hydreigon. It figured the other would be busy attacking its allies and wouldn't be able to stop the blow. The Sandslash slammed right into the raging dragon, its body currently solid as a rock.

The Murkrow was cackling now as the Sharpedo continued its reckless assault. It was having so much fun and even better it had barely taken any damage. It did a strange Dance midair and Feathers rained down onto the Sharpedo, lowing its attack power as it crashed into Murkrow. Though it was still strong enough so that the Murkrow flinched from the impact, falling several feet before righting itself. It knew not how much more it could take but that didn’t stop it from sending a Pulse towards the Sharpedo.

Scyther had expected the Chandelure to fall to his attack, so he wasn’t prepared when they were still standing or for the suddenness of the attack the flung him into the one tree in this entire damn place. Pain shot through his back as he slid to the ground. No time to rest, though, as a massive ball of fire was heading towards him. “You think this is enough to slow down me, Edgelord? Not even close!” He rushed to the side, deftly avoiding the attack which made contact with the ancient tree, catching fire instantly.

Spreading his wings once more the Scyther, calling himself Edgelord, rushed towards the Chandelure. He wouldn’t miss, he would cut the bastard in half with this attack...

“No you don’t, not while I’m here!” A shout off to the side caused him to glance over. Just in time to see the Helioptile from before running towards him with a fist full of electricity. He only just turned before she thrust her fist forward, still a foot away from him. There was a sudden burst as Edgelord was struck with the attack. He hadn’t expected much from this little girl and was shocked to learn it had actually...hurt. He was blown back several paces and his side was wounded.

Edgelord brought a hand to the wound and then to his face. “Been a while since I’ve seen my blood. Now that wasn’t very nice child, I suppose I need to teach you a lesson.” Tilting his head towards Chandelure he also said “Don’t think I forgot about you."
He laughed and both his arms morphed into the scythe-blade from before. He then slammed it into the ground and immediately a pair of blades, surrounded with some kind of dark energy, shot from under the ground in front of his two opponents.

He continued to laugh as the girl just barely avoided being skewered from the razor sharp attack.
Mac gasped in pain as the blade cut across her cheek, her first real wound. “T-that’s nothing I can take a thousand of you!” She called out bravely. Her words seemed to go unnoticed as the Scyther once more turned his attention to the Chandelure.
“I’m at least as strong as him.” Mac grumbled, somewhat put off that her cool line had been completely ignored. But then she stumbled and fell to a knee. She felt the area where she was struck start to numb, which then began to spread throughout her body. “What did...you do to me!? Hey you fire guy look out!” He may have attacked Oasis' tree but he didn't deserve to die for it...though Mac would be having a word with him after this...

Juyu

The Seviper crashed into his ally after taking a powerful Thunderbolt at close range. It was in pain and worse his partner was none to happy to having been crashed into. In fact, so unhappy was the other Seviper that he let out a Screech, a sound so painful that it weakened the defenses of those nearby...Which in this case included the Rotom and the other Seviper.
However things were going to get even worse for the Thunderbolted Seviper. Now they both had been struck with confusion and, instead of getting up to attack the Rotom, he slammed his head into the ground, nearly knocking himself out.
And even then it wasn’t over, for a new, strange, Gijinka had appeared and had caught them both in a burning attack. The one (7) that had been so injured before was quickly succumbing to his burn but, before it could do a last ditch attack, was attacked by the Rotom and brought down. The other was still kicking and launched an attack on the Sableye only to have his jaw literally blown apart by a ball of shadows, taking them out of commission right then and there, most likely dead.

One of the Seviper that had attacked the table got the misfortune of being caught in a bright light and then struck by some kind of wave of power. He fell to the ground before getting lifted by..something. However he wasn’t quite finished, and he waited until he was sure the Gijinka wasn’t paying attention before opening his jaw wide. He was a bit tougher than most of the others and was able to take the attack. Thus he was prepared to strike. He infused his bite with Poison before striking, and he attempted to use this on the Chimecho.

Not too far away, Phinehas was nodding energetically at the pretty girl who had just asked him to save her. He’d never been a hero to a girl before but it felt kinda nice, strangely tingly. He decided to do his best against the villainous, forgetting for the moment he was a gang leader, Absol!
His hand began to glow with a sickly purple energy and it seemed to literally drip with Poison, he then ran forward at great speed, before sending a Jab right into his opponent. Unfortunately because of his confusion he attacked the Charizard instead of the Absol.

Sada let out a long sigh upon seeing this. She had dodged away from the dark pulse easily and was watching as her gang was beaten badly. The two that had kept standing against that damned Altaria were her strongest, and one more had already gone down. The other had retreated when her hired help attacked, to try and wake up the three sleeping Zangoose. Hopefully none of them died...
And then that idiot...Sada looked at the Sylveon that had convinced Phinehas to attack someone not directly involved in their fight.

“Sad part is even if he weren’t confused he might’ve done it anyway. Guy’s dumb as a rock sometimes, but he is strong. Hopefully he doesn’t figure out you’re a dude or you’ll be in a tough spot. As for me...” Sada looked around the battlefield with annoyance. “This spot isn’t even gonna be a good one after all this fighting, f***...” She wasn’t going to leave, not yet. She wanted this spot still and she was stubborn enough to wait it out. She hadn’t joined the fray yet but it looked like she’d have to soon enough if she wanted to drive these guys off.

"Miss Magius, wanna retreat? I think both the Sevipers and the Zangeese are exhausted by now, it was a good fight. And I'm a little worried about the Altaria girl too. "

Mismagius let slip a slight giggle. Miss Magius, that was a good one. Then she cleared her throat, focusing more on the area around them. It looked like the area was clear, and the last of the Seviper attacking them had run off to help out its sleeping comrades. But there was fighting breaking out all over. “This is terrible, everyone fighting like this...it has to stop. Why must Gijinka hurt each other this way...” She turned her solemn gaze to the Empoleon. “You’re right, there’s no need to continue this...though I do feel guilty for starting it. I just want to make sure that poor Rotom boy...” She turned her attention to the two, and flinched as she saw the violent way their battle ended. “Dear me...such a young age, already seeing such horrors...dreadful...” She sighed. “Yes, that girl must be in such pain, let us go. And perhaps we can find some authority figure to keep things from getting worse.”

Gwen was looking away and thus didn't notice that the Seviper who was retreating had caught a little Zorua in the act of looting his friend's sleeping bodies. He didn't know how much they had but they wouldn't just let it happen. He lunged at the Zorua, fangs dripping with poison.

Across the festival area, a Gijinka was running wildly towards a young lady. The girl could be no older than her mid-twenties and yet she exuded an aura of command and respect. “Miss Heather, Miss Heather quick there’s a fight!”

The Escavalier girl held a hand up to the man who had been complaining about some thug who had been roughly interrogating him about the singing competition. “A fight? Where, how many, and who?” Fights were not uncommon anywhere in Adarid, though more common some places, so she wasn’t entirely surprised something happened with so many travelers visiting.

“U-um near the center of the grounds, I dunno how many but a lot. And it’s the Claw and Fang gangs.” Heather let out a groan and nodded, seeming to understand the situation. “But that’s not all, a buncha strangers got involved and, oh it’s terrible, some people are dead and...”

Heather snapped to attention. “So it’s not just them fighting among themselves again? I’ll be there as quick as I can. Thank you for your service.” She pulled her helmet on and headed towards the center, moving at a brisk pace. She would put an end to this and make sure no one else got hurt. She didn’t give a damn if those ruffians were injured but she would not let anyone else be hurt in her city.

Well, that was certainly an underwhelming result of the attack, though it was impressive to see the Charizard escape without bearing the infliction her toxin would normally have brought about.  Of course with his ability to fly taken from him he was in a less advantageous position, though a head-up fight with him on even terms was not precisely what Whisper had intended.  As she was working out a solution to the problem, she heard footsteps coming rapidly behind her.

Her first instinct was to strafe out of the way of her attacker's strike, and a quick dash to the left allowed her to do just that.  She also noticed that it was the apparent leader of the Seviper gang that had made the attack... and furthermore that his course was just slightly off from what she would have expected if his intent was to strike her.  That of course gave her an opportunity, and given that the Charizard had made his intents clear by responding to her attack she knew that she had his attention.  It was a simple matter to continue her strafe out of the way of that blast of flame while allowing her ill-fated attacker to rush through it.  She smirked at the idea of her intention being accomplished through outside intervention.

"Well it's quite simple," she began once she brought herself to a stop outside of the arc of that flame.  A little singeing here and there was the worst she got out of the experience.  "I can tell you're a chaser, and I think you might know someone I'm looking for because of it."  For now, she would simply wait and see what his reaction was.  She needed to know what happened when that Seviper struck home, as she hadn't gotten a good look at what his strike was through the glare of the flames he had so readily charged into.  All the same, she wanted to be prepared in case her opponent wanted to make this a more physical fight.

It was a simple matter to turn the very air around her into a simultaneous tool of offense and defense.  A moment's concentration, and a whirlwind was whipped into being around her.  Wherever she moved, it would follow after her and deliver a nasty surprise to any who wanted to strike her.  So forceful were its winds that even the minuscule pieces of dust and debris it whipped up could leave a nasty wound if one came too close to her.  For now, however, she only waited and maintained awareness of her surroundings.  Best to be sure if any others would try to strike her before making her move.

Oasis

With the Beedrill knocked out with a swift blow to the cranium, she let go of her grip of the drill, the body dropping as soon as she had. She turned around to deal with the other Beedrill, only to find the burned remains of what used to be her next target. She also noticed that the Sandlashes that had previously guarded the Scyther had relocated and had their hands full with two dragon-looking gijinka. This only left the Scyther and the Murkrow, both of which were dealing with their own opponents. The Scyther was fighting the Chandelure and the Heliolisk, while the Murkrow was fighting the Sharpedo. She also noted that the young Litleo that had defended the Mr. Mime before was at the corpse of his defendant. She had decided to help the Sharpedo with the Murkrow, but as she was about to dash up she heard deathly sounding slash sounds and a short gasp of paint. Turning around, it had seemed that the Scyther (who apparently refers to himself as "Edgelord" - a very fitting name) had gone berserk, using a move Scarlet had never seen before. Her priority shifted - not only did he manage to hit the young Heliolisk, but the Litleo from earlier might also be in danger. She had to get them away before they got hurt anymore. Plus, after saving them she could quickly tend to her wound. Acting quickly, she dashed towards the young Heliolisk, whom had been struck by the deathy attack. Luckily, it seemed that she didn't get hit that hard - it only grazed her cheek. However, as soon as Scarlet reached her, the young girl had fallen on her knee and was grasping her injury. Whatever that attack was or did, it was very clear that getting hit by it meant bad business. "Let's get you out of here" she briefly told her, hoping she would co-operate. "And you too" she shouted at the young Litleo "We need to get both of you out of here"

Juyu

Lok let go of his arm injury, if only to grasp his ears from the terrible screech that the Selviper had let loose. Luckily, the defense drop wouldn't matter too much, as both of them were swiftly dealt with. He took a look around his surrounding, noting that the Mismagius and the Empoleon from earlier were beginning to leave. He also noted the newcomers had started a new fight - this one between a Charizard and an Absol, with the Selviper leader interfering. He turned to the Sableye who had came to his assistance. "Thank you for saving me back there!" Lok shot him a huge grinned before quickly wincing in pain. He reached for his injury again, gripping it hard. "My name is Lok. Nice to meet you!" He stuck out his injured hand for a handshake, still gripping his injury from before. As much as it hurt, he wasn't about to be rude and just flake on the Sableye! Still, though, he wasn't planning on staying here any longer - not only did he need to tend to his wounds, but the battlefield seemed like it was about to get a lot more dangerous.

Oasis

Ari huffed and puffed, ignoring the chaos around him. "I need to...get you watered," he panted to the body he was dragging. It was hard going, and he wasn't exactly the strongest gijinka either. "Also need to...work out...or...something," he muttered.

He was about halfway to the pond when the tree started burning. "Wait, what?" he gasped. Fire...wouldn't fire make the body turn into ash instead of grass? Wasn't that bad? Or was that good? Did the ash turn into grass? His father had never really clarified how bodies turned into grass in the first place, or even how long that took.

"Uhh, well..." he stopped for a second. "Fire...I'm a fire type and I like fire. I think...I wouldn't mind my body being burned after death...right?" honestly, he hadn't thought too much about it before. "Well, when we have wildfires on the plains...uh...grass always grows back afterward so...uh...it's not...bad? And there's still a pond, so if it is bad then water quenches fire!" he had learned that lesson when a Shellder gijinka had beaten him into the ground and taken most of his money.

With his newfound assurance, the Litleo continued dragging the body to the pond. He would make sure this person would be able to turn to grass no matter what.

He thought he heard someone say something, but it was hard to make out in the crackling of the flames.

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu

Easter felt his mouth turning up into a smile despite himself. This Phinehas person wasn't the brightest bulb on the tree, but there was something endearing about stupidity. For one, stupid people were far more likely to fall for his games than smart people, which made them easier to play with.

"Sad part is even if he weren’t confused he might’ve done it anyway." A put-upon voice caught his attention. It was the Zangoose leader, Sada. "Guy’s dumb as a rock sometimes, but he is strong. Hopefully he doesn’t figure out you’re a dude or you’ll be in a tough spot."

Easter giggled at that. Oh she found me out...too bad. Still, she's right. Poison and steel moves can really hurt me. However, he wasn't planning on sticking around long enough to be found out. Unless given a reason to stay longer, he would leave right after the festival.

"As for me... This spot isn’t even gonna be a good one after all this fighting, f***..."

The Sylveon shrugged. Your problem, not mine. If you had more self-control you wouldn't have had to worry about this. Not that he was one to talk. He was a gijinka of self-gratification. Whether they be cravings, whims, or his desire for pain, he didn't let silly fixtures like consideration or social mores stop him from getting what he wanted. If it weren't for his revulsion at the thought of relying on something else, be it the cosmos or the artificial power of a TM, he probably wouldn't have been able to stop during those numerous times he gave darks and dragons a beatdown. No, he might have gone all the way and killed them instead. Not that he hadn't killed before, but the death count would be a lot higher.

He was already fairly infamous in both his hometown and Adarid's arena as it was. Ahh, good times, good times, he thought, closing his eyes, savoring in memories. The screams, the terror, the delicious expressions of despair...the deluxe Poké Puffs I gorged myself on afterward. Of the five basic flavors, his favorite by far was sweet, though mocha wasn't bad either. Then there was the sakura-flavored one, and the birthday cake flavor...

Oh, I'm drooling. How embarrassing.

Back to the point, it being that he didn't care, even if it was hypocritical of him. At least he acknowledged that fact, unlike most of the detritus he dealt with.

Unfortunately, the Seviper leader missed and hit the Charizard instead. Fortunately, Easter still got to see some of the Absol's dodging ability and even another move. Razor Wind huh...that could be tricky to deal with if I get distracted. He was being careful with this one, as he hadn't gone up against many Absol and he could tell at a glance that she was skilled.

Still, he really wished he had something to eat while watching the show unfolding in front of him. I'm surprised the local authorities haven't stepped in yet, to be honest.

Juyu

Cold Crown Wallenstein

“Yes, that girl must be in such pain, let us go. And perhaps we can find some authority figure to keep things from getting worse.”

"Yep. Oh, before I forget..."

Wallenstein turned back to the battlefield, towards the Rotom. Or rather, the person who assisted him.

"You, the Sableye! Tell your Weavile partner I still have to pay her! I'll hang around in this town until after the festival tomorrow but you'll find me in one of the bars around here. Or wherever there's booze tomorrow!" It had almost slipped her mind that it would be easier to tell them where she was currently staying. "Or well, drop by the Flatside Inn in a while if you really can't find me."

With that, her business here was done. The Rotom boy was fine so there was no one else to protect. The fighting Charizard and Absol looked strong enough that neither seemed to be the victim. The Sylveon looked too relaxed to be one too. The Zangeese and Sevipers were technically the victims now but they did pick the fight first so Wallenstein didn't really feel like helping them. Maybe next time they meet she'll treat them to a drink too.

"Well, let's go then, Miss. I'm Wallenstein by the way." And so the two hastily left the battlefield, still covered by mist and rain.

"That wasn't awful," Kazo heard a woman's voice say in a tone that sounded like she was kinda praising him! but also felt like she was talking down to him. It was odd, really. "I'll take it from here." Wait, a WOMAN?! Like... Ya know... The gender that had fat on their chest that men, including himself, were attracted to, and were also terrifying?! He took a look in the direction that the voice can from to find out if he was right. ... Yup, that was a female... Crap, she was kinda cute... dragon type as well. He could feel his face heat up and his heart speed up. Most would mistake it for a crush, but nope, it was sheer fear that was motivating him at this second. He saw the purple energy gather in her hand and... Oh... Ouch, that Outrage looked like it hurt badly. The fact she knew a move like that proved she was high leveled and meant she did not need his help. In fact, best case he would get in her way, worst would be accidentally being hit by her attacks. In that case...

"Y-Y-Yeah, you d-d-do that," He turned and scuffled away, looking for his sunglasses. Thankfully, he found them relatively quickly, and they didn't look damaged. He used his foot to kick the black lenses up, the glasses flipping in the air before landing on his face in proper position. Perfect. He decided to survey the area and see if there was anything else hindering him from just skipping out of town.

He did see that loud Helioptile from earlier. She seemed hurt, although he couldn't tell what was wrong from the distance. He could see a Scizor came to help her... He thought, he just knew whatever was there was big and red. He was debating if the danger of the girl being hurt or the danger of talking to the girl was worse when he noticed a young boy dragging a body. Okay, that was NOT good. Thankfully, he was a young kid, one of the few things the cowardly dragon could talk to without freezing up on the spot. Looks like he knew what to do... But first... He noticed the one behind all this meaningless violence had his big green back to him, like a big green target. He wasn't exactly close by, and Kazo was by no means a sniper, but it couldn't hurt to try. He took a deep breath, aiming as he cupped his hands over his mouth like a funnel to help.

"Ground Dragon's Roar!!" He called as he fired off the Dragon Breath. He didn't even see if the attack hit before he started to use Dig to get under the surface. Worst case scenario, he missed and distracted the Scyther. The best was that he actually hit him, and the green a****** starts to think it was the female dragon that fired it off... And then gets his ass kicked. Win-win.

He began his dig to the small lion cub, his hearing being able to pick up the sounds of the vibrations people made when they touch the ground. Since the cub was dragging a body, it was really easy to pick out the unique sound that made. He quickly burrowed his way there, surfacing when he knew he was right in front of the cub. His head came out first, and he grinned what hopefully looked like a friendly grin as he spoke.

"Hey, you need help with that?" he then realized that being a talking head that suddenly popped out from the ground was probably freaky to the kid, so he pulled the rest of his body out. "Or, you could just.., you know, drop it and head for shelter. I can cover you if that's what you wanna do," Hopefully, the kid would be smart and just ditch the body...

wA0yiK8.png

Apparently the Scyther Gijinka, Edgelord or so he called himself, wasn't stunned by Cabrakan having telekinetically slammed him into the palm tree after all, and was able to narrowly evade the incoming Supreme Fireball Deluxe. Strange, Cabrakan was expecting the Gijinka to have been a lot frailer. Still, there was no doubt in his mind that the citizens of Oasis would be furious to see that their beloved ancient tree was unintentionally burned down by a whiffed fireball. Cabrakan had best make himself scarce... but first thing was first, he had to finish his battle with Edgelord. He was just about to send the rushing Edgelord back into the tree that had now caught ablaze, which would've burned him instantly; from there, an Ancient Curse would've been more than enough to finish him off. However...

“No you don't, not while I'm here!” and so the Helioptile Gijinka completely threw off the trajectory of Cabrakan's intended attack, via punching Edgelord off to the side. What she could've possibly been thinking at the time, Cabrakan didn't know. But he did know was that this was supposed to be a one on one battle anyway; hence why he asked the Sharpedo Gijinka to combat the Murkrow Gijinka. In any case, Edgelord had then unleashed a devastating attack.

Cabrakan instinctively jumped backwards, and used his telekinesis to propel himself further backwards, at an accelerated rate from what was possible with physics alone. Even then, however, that was almost not enough to dodge the darkness-infused blades that had erupted from the ground right next to him at a 30-40 degree angle. Cabrakan was shocked at how close the blades had come to puncturing his skin, and gasped in further horror as he saw the numbing effects take their toll on the Helioptile Gijinka that had been struck by the attack. How in Yveltal's name was Cabrakan supposed to combat something of that caliber?! His Supreme Fireball Deluxe was horrendously inaccurate, his Ancient Curse had failed on him when he needed it most before and his over-reliance on his telekinesis would eventually be his undoing. As a Chandelure Gijinka, Cabrakan was capable of using Soul Drain as a last resort if nothing else, but... no, it was too soon for that.

As he bid desperately to try and think of something, Cabrakan imagined being impaled by a second strike from those cursed blades, and he also imagined all the other Gijinka being cut down as the town of Oasis lay in ruins, with him able to do naught but watch. But just as quickly as the nightmare forced itself into Cabrakan's mind, it vanished before it could be completed, and in its place was but a single drop of water.

It seemed as though that was all he needed to bring his mind back into the game at hand. In an instant, Cabrakan noted a Dragon-type attack being shot in Edgelord's direction, although it seemed to be ever so slightly off its mark, and just as likely to hit Cabrakan himself instead. At first glance it seemed to come from the direction of a Hydreigon Gijinka, but after a quick observation the attack itself seemed rather weak; especially compared to the caliber of which the standard Hydreigon Gijinka was capable of. Still, a Dragon Breath could be just as useful as a Dragon Pulse at this point in time.

"Oh hey, just the wake-up call I need," with that said, Cabrakan shifted Edgelord's body in the path of the Dragon Breath. Normally he'd be knocked back by the Dragon-type attack, but with Cabrakan holding his body in place with his telekinesis, Edgelord would feel the full effects of the Dragon Breath instead, increasing the likelihood that he'd be paralyzed by the attack. As the Dragon Breath finally dissipated, Cabrakan tossed Edgelord's body aside and snapped his fingers, signifying the activation of his coveted Ancient Curse. Assuming that the Curse worked, pain would be searing every one of Edgelord's muscles, and if he did indeed suffer a paralysis from the Dragon Breath that was launched at the two of them, then he'd likely be felled right then and there.

Juyu

"Unlike you. Usually surprise...not so straightforward."

“Yea yea, just go make us some money, Chatty Cathy!" Wes blushed slightly, as Sid placed a hand on her back then dashed off to go aid their other client. It only took the girl seconds to feel her partner’s dark energy merge with her own, and it went without saying that it felt great! Her eye’s glowing with red energy, Wes took up a fighting stance as she watched her target react to her warning shot. This Altaria was about feel the true wrath of a ninja, as her and Wes clash in a battle of skill and precision vs the raw frenzied power of a dra- aaaand then she was gone.

“…” Wesley arched an eyebrow, as the Altaria seemed obey her order to vacate the battleground, bow to the other fighters then float off towards the inner city. “Well then…” Her eyes still glowing from the power lent to her by Sid, Wesley sighed before shifting her body into a slouch. Glancing around, she realized that most of the gang members where down and out, with only a few stragglers remaining, and that the Serviper leader seemed to have been drawn into some kind of three way deadlock with two new fighters that seemed to have no interest in the original two battles.

Though one of the Absol’s stray attacks had managed to destroy the clone that she had stationed over in that area, Wesley didn’t see much need to try to join in that battle, especially with a fire type in the mix. Shifting her gaze towards the leader of the Zangeese, a still very much charged-up Wes nonchalantly walked up behind Sada in a manner similar to their first encounter. “Welp, Dragon’s gone…” Her tiny voice made the girl's presence known once she was standing directly behind Sada. “Contract complete. Payment time!” Though her expression remained casual, Wes's eyes were that of a person who was not to be trifled with.

Juyu - Himiko

"May you receive my prayers oh gentle..." Himiko said while kneeling down, but before she could finish the prayer, she felt a movement behind her. "Hey what do you think you're doing?!" She said as she saw the before knocked out Seviper Gijinka try to attack her with a poisonous bite. "Now, STAY THERE!" Himiko said as she dodged the bite and landed a kick in his lower parts. "Ouch, that must have hurt... Sorry!" She said as she watched him fall down in pain. She basically hit him there with a block of wood... "The others seem to need some help as well, i guess praying time is over! It's time to help those poor unfortunate souls!" She said as she returned to the battlefield, this time standing more on the side, ready to help when necessary.

Return to the Battlefield

"I'm here to help, and i won't leave until my job is done! Oh, wait, that girl there seems to need help!" She said as she ran towards the Altaria Gijinka, who before was dancing. "Hmmm, that must have been pretty tiring, but i think i can help her..." she thought. "Hey, is everything okay?" She said trying to wake the Altaria Gijinka up.

"Smile...even when you're crying, Alleria."

"But why?"

"Even if you're angry...even if you're scared...just smile, and make others smile.

Hide it all behind your smile."

iU8EggM.png

"Hey, is everything okay?"

"U-uh...?" Alleria, still sore all over, slowly opened up her eyes as the Chimencho tried to wake her up. Her head feel really dizzy, her body reek of the smell of blood and alcohol, and her clothing was completely in ruins. Whatever the hell happened to her? Why was she there anyway? The last thing she remembered was taking a bath on her flat before getting outside to try getting some money, so why she felt quite beaten up? The Chimencho might know about what happened to her, so Alleria struggled to sit and start to talk to her.

"W...well, I don't know...actually do you know what happened to me...?

It's just...I don't know...my head hurts...why am I here, anyway? I'm sorry if I ask so much...but if I may...may I know your name?

I'm Alleria Ethera, a traveling entertainer with a chronic case of headache."

Perhaps she hadn't realized it at the moment, but while she was being knocked unconscious earlier, someone pickpocketed her, and with it, around 200 poke that belonged to her.

Though perhaps her not knowing about it would be for the better right now.

The Altaria Gijinka was waking up, she looked very confused and in pain.

W...well, I don't know...actually do you know what happened to me...?

It's just...I don't know...my head hurts...why am I here, anyway? I'm sorry if I ask so much...but if I may...may I know your name?

I'm Alleria Ethera, a traveling entertainer with a chronic case of headache."

"Well, it's sort of a long story, first a fight started breaking out, then you started singing to try and calm people down, but the two gangs didn't take it very well, so they started attacking you, then you went in a dancing rampage and went all sadist and masochist, which is a very odd combination. Anyway, i'm Himiko, a gijinka priestess from Johto on a pilgrimage. Now, let's get you out of here before you get anymore hurt." She said with a smile and while helping her stand up" Now follow me, it's better if you have a bath". Himiko was going to take Alleria to her aunt's house. Her aunt was probably out buying groceries, and if she wasn't she wouldn't mind helping someone. She started running through the colorful streets, up to her aunt's house, with Alleria following her. "Here we are!" She said as she opened the door, no one was home, as expected. "Now, wait here as i prepare a bath for you." She said as she went to the bathroom and started filling the tub with hot water.

"Well, it's sort of a long story, first a fight started breaking out, then you started singing to try and calm people down, but the two gangs didn't take it very well, so they started attacking you, then you went in a dancing rampage and went all sadist and masochist, which is a very odd combination."

"...I did...what?!" Alleria was disturbed about what the Chimencho just said about the thing that happened before she passed out. Why would she even go into such rampages? What kind of sick mind would force her to go into such rampage in the first place? And why did she even mention sadism and masochism...? Alleria's head started to hurt again.She really didn't want to think about it...maybe it's not really her, maybe the Chimencho just mentioned about someone that looked like her and she was just a collateral damage or something. That would feel more believable to her. Using dancing as a tool to harm others...soiling the purity of the art by doing that would be the last thing that she'd do. No way in hell she'd be a good entertainer if she could have a heart dark enough to do that.

"Anyway, i'm Himiko, a gijinka priestess from Johto on a pilgrimage. Now, let's get you out of here before you get anymore hurt."

"T-thanks, I guess. I owe you a lot."

"Now follow me, it's better if you have a bath"

iU8EggM.png

"Now, wait here as i prepare a bath for you."

After a while of walking (well...more Alleria being dragged by Himiko along the way), the two of them arrived in a house, said by Himiko as belonging to her aunt. She seemed to be out at the moment, so at first Alleria was reluctant to go inside, but after Himiko insisted, she relented, and started to try getting some rest while Himiko prepared the bath for them both. It's definitely quite nice of hers to do things like this to a stranger like her, especially since she thought that she's the one rampaging earlier. With how much her clothes had been ruined, not long afterwards Alleria decided to just take them off and get a towel to cover herself as she checked on Himiko on the bathroom.

"Is the water ready now?

Also...may I borrow some of your clothes? I don't think mine would be anywhere near wearable at this point.

And, thanks a lot for these, Himiko. I really owe you."

Maybe a nice bath would help her sort herself out and shift her mind from whatever had happened before to her. She didn't really want to think about it more anyway.

Juyu

Cold Crown Wallenstein

The Altaria girl wasn't there.

"What..." The duo had taken very little time to leave the battlefield and head towards the general direction of where the Altaria went. The streets were strangely empty(mostly because people were preparing at the town square)(which certainly wasn't what was occurring in the town square currently) so searching for a tired Gijinka in dancer garb should not have been difficult. Yet Wallenstein could only conclude that she either hid in a building or someone helped her out. Or kidnapped her.

Either way, they couldn't find the Altaria girl.

"...Well, even if the earlier Sevipers and Zangeese were to try and chase her," she reasoned "if we can't find her there's no way in hell they can. I guess she's...safe?" She desperately glanced to the Mismagius for some form of affirmation.

She felt a little empty now that nothing eventful would happen. Raising her joined hands upwards, she stretched her arms. Then she moved her shoulders around, and then repeated the stretching motion again. And again. She felt less empty now.

When Wallenstein thought about it, the 'banter' earlier really did feel like a pre-festival of sorts. She felt slightly, and only slightly guilty about scaring the Altaria with her water gun.

Well, since she couldn't find the Altaria anymore, there's no real use in pondering it. With the actual festival coming up tomorrow, she would then leave the town the day after, continuing her search for legendaries. Juyu was a decent sidetrack from that, she couldn't deny.

"I don't got much else to do, wanna hang out a bit? Got a bad feeling about going back to the square so we better not."

Archived