Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Kazo was suddenly grasping thin air as the gijinka he was holding suddenly disintegrated by a bright purple laser right before his eyes. He released a breath he did not know he was holding, and he started to stagger.

He was losing blood, fast. The world was blurring around him, and everything sounded distorted. He thought he heard Mac yell something, but he couldn't make out what. He fell onto his back, eyes closing slowly, his sunglasses slipping off his face, the eyewear miraculously unscratched.

The world was going dark now. He wasn't sure what it meant, but he felt really warm and very cold at the same time. Was this... What dying was like? He finally slipped away from consciousness, the sound of small children's laughter filling his ears for some strange reason as the darkness embraced him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Juyu

Sid snickered as the combo attack made its mark, setting the gijinka ablaze with shadows.  

"Kekeke..."  His bright eyes widened when the Seviper lunged for him.  Usually when gijinka were set on fire, they didn't continue to move.  The case was made clear when bits and pieces of the snake gijinka's burning flesh started tearing off it's body.  Shed Skin...a useful ability to remove the blights that crafty gijinka would often inflict.  If this bite were to land now, it would surely do some damage, and then some more on top of that due to the gijinka's previous coiling.  "Fawkes!  Down, now!"  Sid called out.  He looked back to the snake that was in mid flight.  The Seviper wouldn't be able to tell, but Sid harbored a wicked smile under his collar.  Plugging his nose as if he were about to take a dip in a lake, he waved at the snake and almost instantly vanished into his own shadow.

When the snake had missed, Sid appeared from underneath his airborne enemy and grabbed his leg.  

"You should've stayed on fir-" Sid had forgotten that he wasn't too physically strong, and was dragged down as the Seviper landed.  "That smarts..."  He said rubbing his head.  He was then met with a swift foot across the face.  

"Heh...you talk big for a weak little ghost!"  The Seviper licked it's lips devilishly with it's forked tongue.  Sid looked over to the Altaria he was trying to protect.  Currently, the Seviper who was previously asleep had awoken and chomped down on her leg.  Looking up at his aggressor, the Gijinkas fangs were aglow with a bright purple light.  "Ghost isn't even my favorite flavor...don't worry, I'll make this quick."  

"Don't like ghost flavor?" Sid said with a trail of blood running down his face.  "Eat this!"  With another orb of shadows in his palm, he shoved it into the Seviper's face.  With his hand stuck out in the opposite direction, he shot one at the Altaria's fight.  Hopefully it would land.

d2akEes.png

S.S. Showdown

"RAHHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T GET ANY SLEEP ON THIS BLOODY BOAT!!"  Taiga woke up the same way she always did, with a hissy-fit.  She was lucky that the pillow hadn't been torn up, just that it was covered in drool.  The ropes swung as the boat rocked against the waves, swaying in such a mesmerizing fashion that it almost lulled Taiga back to sleep.  She would've made it to dream land to, had not a Gijinka be standing in her rooms doorway.  Taiga leaped from under the covers on her bed, barely dressed and in her tight underwear.  Before she had the time to bite his head off, he spoke first.  

"What are you two doing here?" 

Oh boy...he was in for it now.  

"What are we doing here?!  What are you doing here!  I'm here so I can cross this stupid ocean with my pal Chrome Dome over here!  We're going to Fryst to deliver some pies...and something else...THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT!"  Taiga started throwing her bedding at the Chandelure.  "Haven't you ever heard of privacy!  Maybe waiting outside the room of two sleeping girls would've been the slightly more rationale thing to do!  Now you just look like a creep who's been starin' at us for the last couple of...WHO KNOW'S HOW LONG!"  Taiga marched up to him.

"Now...I'm gonna ask again...and if your answer has anything to do with me an' my friend here...imma bite that fiery little head o' yours clean off.  What are you doin' here?"  Before he could answer, one of the rotom girls had come down to the bottom level to share some more info.  

“U-uh, if you need anything let me, er, us, know and I’ll, er, we’ll help as soon as I....we can....There’s a bucket in the corner if you...get sick...please don’t get sick, if you can help it!  Er...the Captain says if any of you want to meet him, to come up to the deck. You don’t have to though!”

Taiga broke eye contact with the Chandelure.  

"If you were as bright as a Chandelure were supposed to be, then you'd walk and talk at the same time.  I'm goin' up there to yell at the captain straight to his face.  He better not make this ride too bumpy, or i'm headed overboard and he ain't even gettin' paid!"  Taiga walked up the stairs and onto the deck, waiting for the captain to arrive.

"Now...Clyde's gotta be first mate...and he's a Swampert.  Can't imagine who the commander of this vessel is."  The cool types of gijinka swirled around in her head.  

Juyu

"So.... visit Juyu of-" Wes was cut short by an abrupt meeting between the Camerupt's fist and her face. Needless to say, with both the size difference between the two and the boost in power the man had been granted, Wesley's tiny frame was sent soaring through the air before colliding with one of the stones that had been displaced from earlier. 

After allowing herself a few moments to watch the five winged poke to fly around her head, Wes shook off the mild confusion before shakily stepping out the Weavile sized crater that she had left in the rock. The wound on her arm now bleed profusely, the girl sighed before ripping off the sleeve of her kimono before reforming her Metal Claw in order to keep herself from loosing anymore blood. "Yep, Sid is going to kill me..." She sighed just after spitting more blood upon the once peaceful city turned battle ground. Her ears were ringing, and she could tell that her breathing would be labored if she had not been trained to keep it steady... Though her expression hadn't shifted in the slightest, those who knew her or were equally combat hardened would know that she'd seen better days- but that was of little consequence; there was still money to be made after all! 

Now brandishing a large fist shaped bruise on her right cheek, Wesley casually strode towards the action with slight limp, only to see that the fight had already been ended. Watching as the Absol proceeded to question the Kirlia, Wes took a seat atop the Camerupt's corps and listened in whilst waiting for the her temporary accomplice to finish her business so they could go cash in the deadman for his bounty. "Speed it up, sis." Wesley called out to the Absol from behind. "I hate to be the wet blanket, but I'm not exactly in the mood to deal with the sheriff right after Mr.Gets roided up and punches little girls in the face..."

Kirlia lay on the ground, groaning in pain. She hadn’t meant to get involved with this battle, but instinct made her dive in front of that overwhelming attack. She had to get away, somehow, or there would be trouble.
Until a pretty young man stepped in front of her and reassured her. Staring up, she was shocked to see such bravery and kindness. She had seen many kinds of people and it always amazed her when she met those with the capacity for kindness.

Soon after he spoke, Kirlia felt her wounds starting to heal. She knew this ability, and she hadn’t expected it from the Sylveon. It reminded her of a friend, and brought a smile to her face. She shakily got to a sitting position, and gazed onto the field. "Thank you, kind sir..." She said, her voice soft, almost shy.

She cringed when she saw what had become of the Camerupt. There had been much turmoil in that one, and to see him ended just like that...ah, but he was dangerous, she should not reprimand her saviors after all.

She gave a smile as one addressed her, despite the uncomfortable feeling that radiated off the Absol.  "I would like to ask you a few questions, preferably before the Sheriff decides to come and try to arrest us for this. In particular, I want to know why it is that our now deceased friend tried to kill you. What do you know that was such a threat to him? What do you know about the group that tried to eliminate my order?"
The smile slipped from her face. Ah, so that was how it was, was it? At the mention of the order, Kirlia gazed closer at the woman. Yes, that seemed to be about right, the pieces fit.
She sighed and looked towards the Sylveon, and then the Absol. “The knowledge I have...I do not know if it should be shared so openly, however...” She raised her hand and beckoned the Absol closer, before placing her hand on the woman’s forehead.

Instantly an image transferred to the woman’s head. And along with the image, a feeling of power, and terror, and pain. The image was that of a Gijinka standing among a pile of corpses. And along with that, two words.

God Slayer.

Kirlia pulled back, a stern and serious expression on her face. “Do not seek them, please.” She closed her eyes tight, shuddering, before opening them once more and getting to her feet.
She called out to all her saviors to gather around her.

Gwen had been in pain for the remainder of the fight, struggling to stay conscious. Lok’s brief administrations kept her from blacking out, to which she was grateful. She got up and looked around. The battle seemed to be over, the foe dead...dead. Gwen shook her head sadly, this world...
Her eyes alighted upon Lok, and concern washed over her. She drifted over to the boy and put a hand on his shoulder. “Lok, dear, are you alright? I know it’s...terrible, but please do not despair. Everything’s going to be alright now.”
At Kirlia’s summon, Gwen nodded. “Come come, let’s see what she wants, okay?” She carefully guided Lok towards the group.

“I wish to thank you all. That man wanted to kill me. I’m not completely sure why but I believe it is to do with knowledge I have...which, I’m sorry, I cannot give to you.” Her gaze lingered on the Absol for a moment. “But there is something else I would like to give, to show my thanks. This song is an ancient melody, passed down for many years. It has the power to stop raging whirlpools. I will teach it to you now. Listen closely, and you will all be able to use it as well.”
She closed her eyes and began to

Once she was finished, she was smiling. Music had a way of uplifting her spirits, and she felt like a weight was gone from her shoulders. “I cannot stay long...and you should not either, if you’re worried about Heather. Though, she’s a good woman, I hope none of you have reason to fear her...goodbye, and thank you again.”

With that she left, the festival grounds, and the city, heading to her hideaway. As she did she glanced down at the necklace she was wearing, which was now broken. Likely due to the attack. She gripped it tight, and said a quick prayer, before picking up the pace.

“Dead. I should have figured as much.” The Lucario said, standing on top of a hill several days away from Juyu. As soon as the Camerupt fell, the Aura connection he had with the weakling had broken. “Was able to destroy the necklace, though. He was at least good for that.” the Lucario moved his sightless gaze to somewhere in the direction of the city. “You won’t be able to hide from me any longer...Meloetta.”

Juyu

C.C Wallenstein

Wallenstein wasn't careful enough. The Zangoose she previously knocked out got up and unleashed Revenge on her and before she knew it, she was on the ground. She was barely conscious. She was most likely very close to dying. Revenge was a strong counter move, after all.

From the corner of her eye, she saw a Zangoose approach her. Was it the same one she attacked earlier, she couldn't really tell. The Zangoose was then knocked away by a projectile. But then it got up and headed towards her again. It was persistent.

Tch, if only she Metal Claw'd her coat as a defensive measure before she jumped in, or paid more attention to her surroundings.

Her head was ringing, and she couldn't think very well.

The Zangoose was now standing right in front of her, ready to bring its claws down. The Zangoose, it was grinning. But there was no playfulness to be found in its expression. Only bloodlust and joy at being able to kill its opponent. Its expression looked almost like a mask, plastic and devoid of warmth. It was almost comical, Wallenstein felt.

She no longer perceived it as anything but an obstacle that was about to prevent her from reaching her goal.

Wallenstein aimed her finger straight at the Zangoose's head and shot a beam of water. Immediately, before it reached its target, she willed it to turn to ice. The beam of water solidified without losing its momentum, becoming like an arrow or a lance aimed straight for the Zangoose's head.

"Don't worry...I'll help you all!"

She saw the battle in front of her. It's soon going to be over, Alleria knew about it. She's a bit too tired to Sing again however, but maybe she could still pull out something with her dazzling beams of light. Even if it wouldn't help much, it's something. While getting herself towards the battle against the Zangeese, she momentarily turned around to see how was Himiko doing now, but then a sharp pain shocked her. Without her realizing, a Seviper had chomped down on her right leg. The bite wound is deep, and the force the bite was delivered probably broke her bones. However, all of those didn't really enter her mind as Alleria's thoughts went elsewhere while her senses were overloaded with the pain she felt.

It hurts.

Yet...it felt good.

Shifting her attention to the Seviper on her leg, Alleria smiled. An unnatural, eerie smile, but a smile. A shadowy orb hit the Seviper and loosen his bite, but the Altaria didn't seem to pay it much mind. The Seviper, now fully awake, would now realize the sudden change with Alleria. He probably realized what was going to happen, and he probably would try to get away.

But the fun had just getting started.

"Hey, it felt good. Now let me help you feel good too, sir!"

With that said, Altaria started her Outrage at the Seviper, wailing at him like a madwoman with her dragon claws.

Himiko was running towards the battlefield ready to kick some butts, the performance got her ecstatic and full of energy. But as she was running she saw Alleria get bitten by a Seviper. "Oh no!" she said as she ran towards her, it seemed that the bite was poisonous, the wound would infect pretty soon if not healed soon. As she was about to approach her to try to heal the wound, Alleria started going on an outrage against the Seviper. "Just like yesterday... There must be something that triggers her psycho mode. If yesterday is to take as an example, she's gonna get pretty hurt." And as Himiko said that, she flung herself between Alleria and the Seviper. "If it's a dance off that you want, i'll give it to you!"

Battle? Theme

Himiko was dancing trying to distract Alleria. Himiko was dancing similar to Alleria, trying to dodge the attacks. Alleria looked out of her mind, even her eyes looked different, instead of the usual cloudy evening, they looked like a raging storm. Himiko was starting to have problems keeping up with Alleria's attacks, as her dance became crazier, her attacks increased in power. "I'm sorry, but it's for your own good!" Himiko said as she used Dazzling Gleam on Alleria to try and blind her temporarily.

What was it?

The Seviper barely looked like a Seviper anymore. How lame. What a waste of time. But maybe it could still give her some entertainment, and thus Alleria continued her attacks. However something else stood before her and her toy. A Chimencho? Why would it be there? Maybe it wanted to feel good too. Or something else, but it's not something I would think now. Alleria didn't slow down on her mad dance, and continued to attack. It kept on dodging, again and again. She danced faster and faster and attempted to strike faster. But her sight started to be droopy, and it kept on dodging.

"I'm sorry, but it's for your own good!"

Did it just speak? Must be just her imagination. The Altaria stopped a bit to rest momentarily, but that moment was used by the Chimencho to blind her with a bright light. It hurts. She couldn't see anything. It frustrated her. Letting out a dragonlike roar, in such state of confusion, Alleria started up her outrage again. The Chimencho, anything, as long as she could hit something, hit flesh, tear it, make them feel good, that alone would be enough. Enough to stop her agony. Or something. Alleria was barely able to think by then, and in her mad, confused dance, she missed the Chimencho, but spiraled out of control towards a Zangoose standing nearby.

Red highlights would really look good on white.

AfoYVVt.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

The smaller minerals were taken care of.  That was a relief.  Kah made a mental note to make sure Kazo repaid her for that Dragon Gem down the line.  Now then, back to the big one.  Mac had already taken the liberty of engaging him; seemed he had his eye on Ari.  Better he get Mac's payback for considering that than Kah's.  She'd already beaten the Boldore up pretty good, but not quite good enough for Mac to finish him off it seemed.  And to make matters worse, now the big rock was targeting the runts with his next attack.  Kah was having none of that.

Directing her attention back to the bigger rock, Kah charged up another beam of power at her hands.  "That applied for you too, mineral!"  With that, Kah opened fire.  How dare that rock try to prey on runts that couldn't even defend themselves.  Where was the honor in that?  If you're going to pick a fight, pick one where you're either evenly matched, or outmatched.  Everybody knows that!  The beam of power struck the Boldore, and he was down, just barely saving the runts from having a bunch of rocks dropped on their heads.  Now that that was dealt with...time to assess the injuries on Kazo.

The dumb bastard let those little rocks explode right in his face.  No doubt that hurt.  Walking over to him and taking a look at him from head to toe, he was banged up pretty badly.  With a firm almost-slap to his face, Kah said "Get up.  You're not dead yet, and you're our best source of vision out here."

Oasis

Ari was down. Ouch...that hurts...a lot. He didn't want to get up. He couldn't get up. That rock hit harder than he had thought it would. "I'm just going to...lie here for a while," he moaned. The cub couldn't help but feel relieved that Kah wasn't whaling away on him. "Good luck...Kazo."

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu

"I owe you thanks for saving her."

Easter nodded, intrigued by the stranger in front of him. This masked woman with a fighter's grace and a fighter's power...she was strong.

"Thank you, kind sir..."

"No thanks is necessary," he replied with a smile. After all, he didn't do it for them. He did it because he wanted to. Because he had felt a kinship with the Kirlia in that one moment, because he had faced a similar situation once. Would it be fairer to say I did it for myself, then? Though she did look rather pitiful so I suppose that played a part, too.

“The knowledge I have...I do not know if it should be shared so openly, however...”

Easter rolled his eyes. Not like he cared what it was this miss was asking about. Something about a group and killing. No, he was far more preoccupied with the packet of Bluk berries he was digging around in his pack for. Sweets took precedence over everything else.

Eventually, the Kirlia rose to her feet and called for the others to gather. Easter noted the presence of that Mismagius and Rotom from before. The Mismagius looked injured, but he didn't feel inclined to use Wish again so soon, plus it looked like she was recovering already.

“I wish to thank you all. That man wanted to kill me. I’m not completely sure why but I believe it is to do with knowledge I have...which, I’m sorry, I cannot give to you. But there is something else I would like to give, to show my thanks. This song is an ancient melody, passed down for many years. It has the power to stop raging whirlpools. I will teach it to you now. Listen closely, and you will all be able to use it as well.”

Immediately, a beautiful melody filled the air, resonating throughout his body. It caused a chill to run down the fairy's spine, and he gazed at the Kirlia with a bit of awe. A fine singer indeed, and he had heard quite a bit of fine singers in his life. Still, there was something special about her.

“I cannot stay long...and you should not either, if you’re worried about Heather. Though, she’s a good woman, I hope none of you have reason to fear her...goodbye, and thank you again.”

And then she left, and the world felt a bit less bright. I would think I'm a fool in love if I weren't sure of my preferences, he thought. As it was...now they were in the middle of the street, doing...nothing. "Blueberry?" he offered the others.

It was far from surprising to see the Kirlia frown at the mention of what she was after. There weren't many in the world who were especially fond of the order, but they did provide an all too necessary service. For a moment, Whisper was concerned that the woman might attempt to reveal the nature of who she was, but then she remembered the fact that she was in her robes at that moment. Moreover, none of those present had seen her face and her scarf had, hopefully, muffled her voice enough that they wouldn't easily recognize her if they ran into each other later.

"The knowledge I have...I do not know if it should be shared so openly, however..." At the girl's beckoning, she stepped closer and stooped down so they were on more even footing. She was about to question what the psychic was doing, and then she found herself blind to the world around her. All that she could see was a Gijinka that she recognized to be a Lucario standing atop a mound of corpses that seemed to be terribly terribly high. As the words passed into her vision, she was not struck with fear as many would be. No, all that reared its head was an anger that a lifetime of training with the order had turned icy cold. This was the one, or one of a few, who was responsible for her parents' deaths. Oh, she would relish sending him to the void above all others.

The vision faded, and she was left there pondering to herself as the Kirlia gathered the rest of them around. She was vaguely aware of the woman expressing her desire to thank them, for she was too busy considering her options. She didn't really have a way of attacking the Lucario and doing any significant amount of damage. She could always pick up a fire type move, assuming she could earn enough money to purchase a TM and then assuming she could find someone to purchase it from, but she wanted at least one other move to use. Then a thought occurred to her. Yes, if only she had actually retained knowledge of that she would be in a much better position. 

She was shaken from her thoughts of the future, and the gloomy mood that had overtaken her as a result, when she heard the Kirlia begin to hum. Strangely enough, listening to it made her feel almost at peace. It was a curious feeling, and one that passed as quickly as it had come when the melody ended. She gave only a slight bow, intent on showing some respect, to the Kirlia as she turned to leave before she made her way towards the Camerupt's headless corpse to see what could be gleaned from it. The answer was not much, and in fact she could only determine that he apparently had a family and was decently well off. So she swiped the ring he wore, recognizing that it could prove advantageous to her if used against the Lucario, 100 of the Poké he carried, and she also retrieved the throwing knives she'd embedded in his form. 

"Well, shall we go and see what all that noise is about?" She asked, standing from the body, her loot packed carefully away upon her form, and pointing back off in the direction of the front of the stage. It did sound like quite the bit of fighting was still going on there, after all. Rather than wait for the others to answer, she set about making her return to the scene of the battle with the Sevipers. She did hope a certain old man was still there, as she had a good deal to ask him.

Juyu

The Seviper had wanted a taste of the ghost, but not like this, oh Arceus not like this! The blast blew him away, throwing him to the ground where he rolled around in pain before his eyes rolled back and he passed out.
The Zangoose had thought his prey was too injured to respond, but then that happened! He barely managed to avoid getting an icicle into his head, but it instead buried itself just below the shoulder. “Gah!” He stumbled back, clutching at his wound.

Though his injuries weren’t nearly as severe as those of the last remaining Seviper. The Altaria he bit had suddenly and viciously began beating him to a bloody pulp. He was unconscious long before the Chimecho stopped any more injury, and so when the Altaria released him he collapsed in a heap.
The woman made her way towards the last of the enemies. The wounded Zangoose. To anyone looking there were two clear things. One was the woman was enraged and confused, two was the Zangoose was terrified. He started to run. And, before the Altaria could chase him, a voice sounded...

bgm

“Stop!” A moment later, Heather was there, in front of the Altaria. The Gijinka, in a state of rage, swung out to strike the woman. Heather simply stood still and took the attack, not so much as flinching. She suddenly reached out and grabbed the Altaria by the throat and lifted her, eyes ablaze. “You may have aided me but I will not tolerate such mindless violence in my city. I can see there is but one way to stop you right now.” Heather slammed the woman into the ground and then extended her arm. A white, rounded and blunt, aura surrounded it. As the Altaria stood back up, Heather brought her arm in an arc, connecting with the Altaria’s head. The girl dropped back to the ground, unconscious. Heather let out a sigh.

“Kayla.” She called over her shoulder. The Accelgor moved from her spot over the now unconscious Zangoose, and was at Heather’s side in an instant. “Get a Revive, this girl means no harm, really. And you.” She spoke to the Chimecho. “You are her friend, correct? Try and keep her from doing something like that again.” Her next words she spoke to everyone else who had taken part of the battle. “I thank you for your assistance. Be it I could reward you, but that would be up to our city’s mayor. However you may take the Poke you earned from besting them in battle, that is your right. I will round up these criminals and lock them up alongside that idiot....” Heather wondered where Sada had been during this, and decided to check for her once she was done here.

Kayla had returned by now, ready to administer the Revive. “Once you’re done with that, Kayla, check on those that went after the Kirlia. The battle seemed to have finished, but I will want to talk with them.”

And then she left, gathering up the remnants of the gang. Though, strangely, she felt one Zangoose was missing...shaking her head, she headed to the jail...where she would discover Phinehas missing.

East of Oasis

bgm

With the Boldore’s defeat, the battle had ended. Mac, wincing at her injuries, looked around. “Well, good job team! Just, next time, try not to get beaten up so much. I can’t save the day ALL the time.” She found Ari in his little hole and dragged him up, before shaking him a bit. “Silly kid, you gotta keep moving, don’t let them pin you down like that." She picked him up with an “oof” of exertion and headed towards the others. She poked at Kazo. “Yeah, you gotta get up too, we need to get outta this sandstorm, sheesh lazy....Hey...don’t get blown up please. That would...uh...that would make Ari sad!”

The ragtag group made their way to one of the few small caves that were scattered about the desert, huddling inside for cover. “So...anyone know how to start a fire? Night time is suuuuper cold in a desert so..." Then her belly rumbled. “Urrrgh...and we kinda need something to eat...”

"Well, shall we go and see what all that noise is about?

Of course! In the all the excitement she had almost completely forgotten about Sid and Fawkes... "Anyone want a cut???" Wes motioned towards the corps of the Camerupt as she began shifting through the man's pockets. "No? Okay cool~" She chuckled to herself before wincing in pain from her injuries. Glancing down at the new healing items she had looted, the girl decided that they were better saved for a more dire occasion before slipping them into her bag. 

"Alright, now to go check up on the others..." She sighed before vanishing in a burst of speed. 

iU8EggM.png

Reappearing at the site of the battle against the gang members. A panting Wes placed a still clawed hand on Sid's shoulder as she watched Heather grab the berserker singer from yesterday by the throat. "So I guess Sada didn't show up, huh?" She addressed her partner without meeting his gaze. Well aware of how worn for wear she looked, and how Obsidian felt about the unnecessary killing, Wesley prayed that he wouldn't ask too many questions about her battle; it never felt right lying to the guy... That, and the fact that it never worked.

Suddenly the girl's form vanished again, just as Heather prepared an attack to knock out the woman in her grasp. Bringing herself to a sliding halt atop one of the unconscious Zangeese, Wes hoisted the man over her shoulder with a painful grunt before motioning for the other two members of her party to follow. Taking advantage of the excitement, the trio slipped into the shadows of the city.

iU8EggM.png

"Where is she!?" Wes hissed at her victim as she took another step forward. Now backed into a corner the battered Zangoose brought his hands up in defense before responding to the tiny psychopath. "I already told you... we don't know!" The man's voice trembled with fear. The girl's battle worn appearance made her seem infinitely more intimidating then before, and for some reason the very air around them seemed to feel dense with some kind of Pressure. "She told us that she didn't want to take the job, but how the hell were we supposed to pass up on a s*** ton of poke just for distracting Heather???" 

Wesley's eyes narrowed. "Who's job???" Her arm still cloaked in her blood caked Metal Claw to stop the bleeding, the girl allowed the wicked metal to shine in the moonlight before pointing it threateningly at Zangoose. "And none of that "they'ed kill me if I told you" bullshit, either! Because trust me, they wont get the chance if you don't start singing like a jiggllypuff..." Truth be told, Wesley had no intention of killing the guy- not in front of Sid and the Rascal at least... But the fact that she herself was already pretty badly injured, made it almost too easy to play the part of a coldblooded murderer. 

The Zangoose's reaction was instant, and even a normal person could have sensed the mortal terror that filled him upon the mere mention of his employer. Even Wes was visibly taken aback by this, causing her to glance back towards Sid to be sure that he noticed it too.

"W-Why the hell are you asking anyw-" 

"A conversation a friend of mine had earlier..." The friend in question was of course the Absol she had battle the Camerupt alongside. "There was a lot of secret mind magic mumbu jumbo, and I don't like being out of the loop!" As she spoke, Wesley took notice of the fact that the Zangoose had begun glancing over his shoulder as if he expected someone to appear. Taking this as a sign that he planned to make a run for it, the Weavile took another step forward before raising her clawed index finger to his throat. "You have three seconds." 

"Please don't do thi-"

"One,"

"I can't, man! "

"...two,"

"......"

"three." 

"Fine! He was a Lucario... super strong, man! I mean SUPER STRONG!" Wes could only smirk as the man began to spill his guts. "I've never seen anything like it, he was blind yet... yet it was like he could see everything, man. He said something about a Kirlia, that she was important and nee-" Suddenly the Zangoose's eye widened.

"What about the Kirlia???" Wes took a step backwards as the man fell to his knees and began grasping at his chest as if something with wrong with his heart. She opened her mouth to command him to speak again, but was instantly silenced by a sudden pulse of aura emanating from the Zangoose."Guys, get back!" She ordered before instinctively moving in front of Fawkes and Sid to assure their safety, and raising her arms in defense only to have the aura pass harmlessly over the trio.  

After lowering her guard, Wesley's gaze fell on the lifeless body of the Zangoose as it laid in a crumbled heap the shadows of the gutter. "..." Still trying to process exactly what had just happened, the girl took note of the mist that seemed to be billowing out from the corps's chest, before grabbing Fawkes and forcible averting the child's eyes from the horrible display. 

With the violence apparently put to an end by the Sheriff, Whisper was left with only one real thing to do. She needed to find the old man who had been organizing the contest, and so she set about scanning the crowd for him. Try as she might, she couldn't see him. She tried using the trick of imagining herself killing him while picturing him in as much detail as she could, but even then she only got the most general of ideas for where he would be...which was the entire festival ground. Frustrated, she huffed and started thinking about how best to handle the situation.

That was when she remembered: she had performed while wearing her mask. A mask that she had dropped while on the way to attack the Camerupt. Sure there were only so many sets of robes like hers in the city, but she needed to look exactly as she had during the contest before doing this. To that end, she darted off along the path she'd taken to chase down the Camerupt. Thankfully, the garish, ugly mask was laying in the middle of the street where she could find it with ease. A moment was spent affixing it to her face, and she returned.

Now properly back in her performing costume, after a moment to recover the bass guitar she had been using, she turned her attention towards the stage and made her way up there. It was the last place that she'd seen the old man after all, and so she hoped that she could find him either on or around it.

Kazo clutched his head as he looked around. Nothing was here. He was floating in a black void... Why? Was... Was this what death was like? He looked around, but all he could see was darkness. It figured, honestly. Of course it would end like this... Alone, cold... Afraid...

"I should have never left home...,"

"Are we really gonna go through this again?!" A very familiar voice called out.

What the Hell are you talking about?!

Kazo turned to see a very familiar face stand in front of him, arms crossed and staring into his soul from behind a pair of identical sunglasses.

"Sai?" Kazo asked. "You're dead to?"

"You're not dead," Sai said. "And I'm just a delusion you dreamed up after having a woman... Exploded... All over your face," Sai snickered. Kazo blushed bright red and yelled.

"Hey! We have no idea if it was a girl!"

"Oh... So a guy exploded in your face... I didn't realize you swung that way, bro. Explains a lot, honestly,"the delusion teased. Kazo sighed and facepalmed.

"Even as a halluination, you still annoy me, bro," he muttered. Sai chuckled and walked over, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"You need to get over your self-doubt there, bro," Sai lectured. "You're a Chaser now! It's time to act like one!"

"I don't have what it takes!" The dragon yelled at the mole.

"Of course you do!" Sai countered. "You just don't realize it yet," he walked up, fishing his hand into Kazo's shirt and holding up the drill attached to the necklace. "This is your reminder. Why are you a Chaser?" Kazo stared at the drill before saying slowly.

"To become a great Chaser... And beat a legend's challenge... So that my Mom would finally be proud of me... So... She wouldn't be ashamed of having a talentless boy...," he explained slowly. Sai shook his head.

"That's not all. There's more!" He pressed. Kazo took a deep breath.

"I want to find my father... Find out why he chose being a Chaser over raising me... Why he left me in that hellhole know as Juyu with two lesbians that wanted a girl, not a boy...," he muttered, clenching his fist.

"There's one more thing," Sai said, smirking. Kazo nodded.

"And... I wanna find Latios... Challenge him... And earn the title of fastest in the land!" Kazo said, grinning a bit. "You're right, Sai. If I keep doubting myself, I'll never find him... And I'll never accomplish my goals," he looked up and grinned. "Thanks, pal,"

"I'm glad you've come around... Now...," Sai drew back his fist, and strangely, his voice suddenly turned feminine. "Get up! You're not dead yet, and you're our best source of vision out here," after which, he decked Kazo across the face, sending him bouncing across the ground and skidding to a stop. Kazo leapt to his feet, growling and rubbing his cheek.

"What the hell was that?!" He snapped at him. Sai blinked before speaking, his voice normal again.

"Huh... That was supposed to wake you up. Well, guess you're stuck here for a bit," Sai shrugged and sat down, a book materializing in his lap, which he began to flip through. Kazo walked over, sitting next to him.

"So... What are you reading...?" He asked.

"Your memories," Sai responded, before stopping on a page. "Daaaaaaaamn...," he whistled. "That Sharpedo has a sweet ass. Her rack ain't bad either...,"

"Oh my god, even my delusions?!" Kazo said as he stood up. "What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu----!!!!!"

bgm

Kazo sat up suddenly, yelling.

"---uuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?!" He stopped to look around. His bleeding had stopped, and Mac was poking his side, having just saying something he didn't get to hear. "Um...," he didn't know what to say. Thankfully, no questions were asked as the ground decided to move on. There was a small cave nearby, one that they all huddled into for shelter.

"So... Anyone know how to start a fire...?" Mac asked. "Nighttime is suuuuper cold in a desert so...," a rumbling sound then came from her stomach. "Urrrgh... And we kinda need something to eat...,"

"Maybe the Fire-Type that shoots fire can start a fire," Kazo hinted from his corner as he groaned and tied up his wounds. He was never gonna let something blow up in his face again.

MwhMjJD.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x2, Pecha Berry Sandwich

"Where is she!?"

So this was an interrogation!  Fawkes was familiar with how they worked, but she'd never seen one herself.  Not that she'd be very good at doing this kind of thing anyway; she was too small to be taken seriously if she were asking the questions, and her cowardly demeanor would have her pouring out information if she were the one being asked.  Fawkes made sure to pay close attention to Wes, to try and pick up any ideas on how to look more intimidating.  With her small stature, it wasn't likely she could pull it off, but that didn't mean she couldn't try.  That was how she picked up on Wes being injured.  What did she do to end up like that?

"I already told you... we don't know!  She told us that she didn't want to take the job, but how the hell were we supposed to pass up on a s*** ton of poke just for distracting Heather???" 

Wesley's eyes narrowed. "Who's job???  And none of that "they'ed kill me if I told you" bullshit, either! Because trust me, they wont get the chance if you don't start singing like a jigglypuff..."

Wes was really good at this intimidation thing.  Fawkes felt a chill go down her spine without even being the person she was talking to.  She kept paying attention to Wes's facial expressions and body language.  Whatever she was doing, it worked.  Something about a blind Lucario guy, but next thing she knew...

"Guys, get back!"

Next thing she knew, Wes was standing between her and the Zangoose, forcing Fawkes's eyes anywhere else besides where the thug was.  Well she couldn't very well know what happened if she couldn't see it, could she?  Tilting her head back and directing her eyes upward to look at Wes, Fawkes almost asked something that had been on her mind for a little while now, until she thought of something more important.

"Where are we going next?"

AfoYVVt.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

With a yell, the boy dragon got back up.  Good to see she wouldn't have to lug him around.

"Um..."

Well, at least he was conscious.  With not much else said, the group moved onward.  It wasn't far before they reached a small cave.  Kah was against huddling up with the rest of the runt squad for shelter, but there was just no helping some things.  She'd deal with it then turn that into power later on.  She chose a spot in the cave across from Kazo, keeping an eye on his wounds.  He seemed to be taking them at least decently now that he was up and moving again.  Good.  He was already going to owe her a Dragon Gem, and she didn't want to add something else to his debt to her as well.

“So...anyone know how to start a fire? Night time is suuuuper cold in a desert so..." Then her belly rumbled. “Urrrgh...and we kinda need something to eat...”

"Maybe the Fire-Type that shoots fire can start a fire."

"It would be more surprising if he couldn't, even if he's still small," Kah truthfully answered.  No matter how tiny the runt, Kah had yet to see a fire-type that couldn't start a fire in some way.  If Ari here couldn't even accomplish that, he wouldn't be much of a fire-type, would he?  Worst case scenario, Kah knew a thing or two about starting a fire herself.  Being able to shoot the stuff out from her mouth helped a bit with that.  Food was a different matter.  She wasn't really willing to provide for three others plus herself if she could help it, not helped by her having a large enough appetite to probably out-eat the other three combined.  There was still one more matter though, very important to her right now.

Looking directly at Kazo, Kah said "You'll owe me at some point by the way, for saving your life earlier."

wA0yiK8.png

And so the Sharpedo starting yelling her head off at Cabrakan and throwing bedding at him, jabroniing about his lack of privacy. Then she threatened to bite his head off, which really didn't fly right with him at all. Cabrakan flung all the bedding off him, giving nothing but a cold, blank gaze.

"First of all, the fact that you were caught indecent is your problem, not mine," he began, his now soured mood showing through his voice, "Second, if you so much as dare make such a move on my life, I'll roast you alive right where you stand! And third...!"

However, before Cabrakan could say anything like "third", a completely different Rotom girl, this time with silver hair, had opened the door to address all three Gijinkas on-board. As angry as he still was with the Sharpedo in particular, Cabrakan thought it be best not to let his anger show, and appeared to have calmed down... if only a little. In any case, the silver-haired Rotom informed the three that the ship had set sail, and if any of them wanted to see the captain, they may.

'It set sail already? That's unusual of them,' Cabrakan wondered, 'Something must've cropped up, surely,'

But Cabrakan didn't have much time to wonder what before all of a sudden.

"If you were as bright as a Chandelure were supposed to be, then you'd walk and talk at the same time. I'm goin' up there to yell at the captain straight to his face. He better not make this ride too bumpy, or i'm headed overboard and he ain't even gettin' paid!"

Bright? Yes. Lazy? Very. Nonetheless, Cabrakan followed the Sharpedo so he could try and pry some more information out of her... as little as he could be bothered with all this drama that came out of nowhere all of a sudden. For someone who had nothing to go on and needed more info, though, he didn't seem to be in a hurry to say the thing(s) necessary to receive it; he seemed more preoccupied in spitting out that piece of his mind that he hadn't finished spitting out.

"As I was saying; third, I don't like your tone," he told the Sharpedo Gijinka, "You're starting to be just as bad as that petulant child. Dare I say worse? In any case, let's try this a little more civilly. Say for the sake of argument that I believe your whole delivery of pies to Fryst... as preposterous as that sound. You said the words "and something else" immediately afterwards; I want to know everything about this so called 'something else'... and I mean everything."

Juyu

He still hadn't comprehended everything that had happened. Lok wasn't a stranger to death - he is a Ghost-type, after all - but he hadn't witnesses anything like...this. Not only that, but his recklessness had caused harm to both the Sylveon and the Kirlia. And what had happened to the Camerupt. He was expecting a knock out or a surrender, but not...that. He gazed in horror at the events that had unfolded. 

Suddenly, he felt something on his shoulder. “Lok, dear, are you alright?" It was Gwen. Turning to her, she seemed mostly ok - still a bit singed and bruised, but for the most part ok. "I know it’s...terrible, but please do not despair. Everything’s going to be alright now.” Yeah. At least it was all over now. Plus, as he looked over to the Kirlia who had called them over, she seemed ok. Same went for the Sylveon, who he had noticed walking towards the Kirlia. That put him more at ease, although he was still feeling uneasy about the whole situation - the mutilated corpse of the Camerupt wasn't helping. The two of them headed towards the Kirlia.

. . .

“I wish to thank you all. That man wanted to kill me. I’m not completely sure why but I believe it is to do with knowledge I have...which, I’m sorry, I cannot give to you. But there is something else I would like to give, to show my thanks. This song is an ancient melody, passed down for many years. It has the power to stop raging whirlpools. I will teach it to you now. Listen closely, and you will all be able to use it as well.” The song that she hummed had put Lok more at ease - he wasn't sure about all that whirlpool stuff, but it was a really nice song. Lok couldn't help but smile and applaud as she finished her tune. “I cannot stay long...and you should not either, if you’re worried about Heather. Though, she’s a good woman, I hope none of you have reason to fear her...goodbye, and thank you again.” 

And she left on that note. "Goodbye!" He started shouting, waving at the direction that she was leaving. He was still feeling uneasy about everything, but the song had helped him clear his mind of the whole situation. "O-Oh, and thank you!" he shouted, hoping that she had heard him. Now that he felt better, it was probably time to go thank the hero in pink. Before he could turn and express his gratitude, the Sylveon had offered everyone Blueberries. "Oh, yes please!" He smiled, sticking out his hands. "And thanks for saving me back there! What's your name?" without missing a beat, he withdrew his left hand and pointed to himself with his thumb. "Mine's Lok!"

S.S. Showdown

Stretching her arms, she finally rose from her bed after a long slumber, only to find that they weren't the only passengers on this boat. It had seemed that a familiar face had also gotten on the boat - yes, the Chandelure that defeated Edgelord was also here. Not surprisingly, it had seemed that Taiga and the Chandelure had not gotten along at all - in fact, she had caught them mid-argument. She didn't quite make out what the problem was...something about privacy? She got up from the bed and yawn. However, before she could intervene, what she believed was a Rotom had beat her to the punch. Without saying a word, she followed the two to, what she assumed, see the captain

. . .

She didn't completely hear everything in the conversation, but she got the general gist of it. "As I was saying; third, I don't like your tone. You're starting to be just as bad as that petulant child. Dare I say worse? In any case, let's try this a little more civilly. Say for the sake of argument that I believe your whole delivery of pies to Fryst... as preposterous as that sound. You said the words "and something else" immediately afterwards; I want to know everything about this so called 'something else'... and I mean everything." The Chandelure went on angrily. "I hope this isn't your idea of making friends" She said to Taiga, giggling a bit, before turning to the Chandelure with a more stern look. "Look, I know that you and my friend started off on the wrong foot, so how about we try this again? After all, if we're going to be riding together we should make it as pleasant of a ride for all three of us." She struck her claw out. "My name is Scarlet, and this here is Taiga. Hopefully we can get along well enough! As for why we're here..." She shrugged with her other arm "...I don't see how that's any of your business."

Desert

Ari was busy trying not to pass out when a voice came from above. "Silly kid, you gotta keep moving, don’t let them pin you down like that." He found himself picked up out of the hole by the owner...Mac. Who decided it would be a good idea to poke an unconscious Kazo. “Yeah, you gotta get up too, we need to get outta this sandstorm, sheesh lazy....Hey...don’t get blown up please. That would...uh...that would make Ari sad!”

"Don't you mean you?" he asked. Yeah, he'd be sad, but she was the one that brought it up so wouldn't that mean it was her who'd be sad? Or was he not understanding this right?

When they made their way to shelter, a small cave, the Helioptile looked around at the group. “So...anyone know how to start a fire? Night time is suuuuper cold in a desert so..." Then her belly rumbled. “Urrrgh...and we kinda need something to eat...”

"Maybe the Fire-Type that shoots fire can start a fire," Kazo muttered from the corner.

"It would be more surprising if he couldn't, even if he's still small," Kah replied. 

"Maybe I can!" Ari pumped his fists. "Gooo...fire!" he shouted, releasing a...puff of smoke. "Oops...hehe. Epic fireball of epicness go!" This time a fireball shot out from his mouth. However, he wasn't looking where he was aiming, and it smashed into the wall right beside Kazo. "Oops...uhh, let's try this again? Wait, do we have anything to make a fire? Like wood or animal bones?"

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu

Easter watched the masked girl leave with some interest, before turning to the Rotom in front of him. "Oh, yes please!" the boy replied. "And thanks for saving me back there! What's your name? Mine's Lok!"

The Sylveon blinked. "Save...?" He hadn't saved anybody. It was that Kirlia who had done the saving. He had just helped her because he understood the pain of getting burned. That was all. Regardless, it was only polite to reply. "Oh, you're very welcome, Lok. A fine name. You may call me...Easter. Equally fine, wouldn't you say?" He munched on some more blueberries.

Juyu

It seemed things were settling down all around. Gwen noticed that the Weavile and Absol had both taken off, and Lok seemed to be back to his usual self, energetically greeting the last of them. A Sylveon. Floating over to...him? She heard the name, Easter. Gwen smiled, seeing that Lok and this new person seemed to be getting along. "Hello. I do not recognize you, but thank you for helping with...things." She carefully avoided looking towards the gruesome sight before them. "My name is Gwendoline, though if you'd like, you can call me Gwen."

Kayla silently administered the Revive to the Altaria and, after waiting to make sure it took, stood silently. She looked around once more, brow furrowed, realizing something was missing...Then continued on her way. Heather had given her a task to complete. She reached the scene of the battle quickly, took note of the Camerupt and gave no outward indication of how she felt about it.

She counted three Gijinka. She was certain more had come this way, but she shouldn't waste time looking for them. "Excuse me." She said quietly. Though she had sneaked up close enough for the three to hear her. "You are to come with me, to the sheriff office....you're not under arrest." She had learned that people tend to jump to that conclusion quickly.

"Oh dear." Gwen said. She moved closer to Lok, almost protectively. "Of course, we'll come right away, I hope there isn't any more trouble. I had...wanted to check on a friend...a Empoleon that might have gotten involved in that battle back there." Gwen looked nervous, but Kayla assured her that no one was permanently injured. Gwen still seemed uncomfortable about not seeing Wally herself but went along with the deputy.

Shortly afterwards the three were led to the building that served as the jail and the sheriff's office. Kayla steered them away from the jail cells, which now housed the still unconscious gang members. Someone paying attention may notice that Phinehas, who was supposed to be in jail, was not there.

Heather was seated at her desk, writing some things down, when they came in. Kayla knocked on the open door, then seemed to glide around to Heather's side.

Heather looked up at Kayla and gave her a weary smile before turning to the three. "I want an explanation of what happened." She paused as she realized these three had also been involved in the event the other day. "And it's in your best interest to be honest."

Gwen looked at the other two briefly before stepping, or rather hovering, forward. "Yes, of course." She then recounted what she knew, up until the point she was nearly knocked out. Then she paused, and looked at her companions. "Could one of you fill in the blanks?" She noticed how dark it was outside. It was late into the night, and she figured many people would be tucking in to bed. She hoped she'd get to see Wally in the morning before they all went on their way.

Asriel frowned at the mayhem that had been caused. Had he been younger...ah, he couldn't let himself worry about such things. He can't turn back time, and even if he could he wouldn't, his life had been long and he was content where it had taken him. There were others, though, who seemed to need some guidance. That girl, the one with...that mask. She was looking for him, he could tell.

"Well hello there young lady, I am most pleased to see you have not gotten into too much trouble. I wanted to congratulate you! You...well, the Kirlia won the contest but she left and, er, second place forfeited the prize. But you...and a few others, were granted third place and so the prize will go between you. I see there's something on your mind. Either before, or after, that, I would like your help in bringing the others their share of the prize. The duo of Wes and Sid, and that Altaria girl. She wasn't able to perform, but I sense in her a true performer, and her singing is quite lovely don't you think? Reminds me of.... Ah, my apologies I am rambling. Go on, what is it you need, young Absol?"

East of Oasis

Mac laughed. And laughed, and laughed. A laughter that turned to snorting and gasping for air. The little fire starter was hilarious! "Okay wood, I can do wood. Gimme a sec!" And, without concern over the raging sandstorm, Mac rushed out to gather up a bit of wood. She came back with a decent sized stack, and a grin. Though she looked a bit worse for wear.

"Okay now..." She placed some of the wood down, arranging them roughly how she remembered being taught. "Before you start shooting fire, Ari..." Mac got behind the Litleo and grabbed him on either side of the head, aiming him directly at the wood. "Fire!"

The night from then on wasn't overly eventful, beyond Mac rambling about Legend facts for a while, far too late into the night, and having to be shut up. The sandstorm had died down by the next day, and they were able to make good time. They were only a few hours away from the cave before stopping to rest. "Sheesh I forgot how far anything was from home, why can't the world be smaller?" Mac grumbled, sitting on a smooth looking rock. "So time to decide what to do. We push to the cave? It's gonna be nightfall by the time we get there, but we totally can do it. This is so exciting, we might be the first people in like, a long time, to see a Legend!" She realized the last known time a Legend was seen was when Volcanion's body was found outside of Oasis. But she decided to ignore that fact for now.

S.S Showdown

Jane seemed nervous and uncomfortable as she led the arguing group up to the deck. "U-um yeah, please no fighting...unless it's on the stage...but we're cleaning it right now so please don't fight there either yet! Ummm..." Her eyes darted around, somewhat panicked, but they finally made it to the deck. "C-Captain? The guests are here now." She said, speaking in a low tone that you wouldn't think would get anyone's attention.

But clearly, it had. For a voice called from up above, in the crow's nest. "Aha, I see! Well done dearest Jane!"

BGM

As everyone looked up, a Pidgeot Gijinka was standing with one leg atop the slightly raised railings of the crow's nest. When he was sure everyone was looking he leaped off of it. In mid-air he spun several times then unfurled his large, with brightly colored tips, wings right before hitting the ground. He then glided forward quickly, reaching a mere foot from hitting the group and pulling upward. In mid-air he did a few more flips before landing with a gentle thump back onto the deck. As he did he brought his left hand to his side dramatically, and brushed the hair from his eyes with the other.

Once finished with this he gave a nearly blindingly bright smile spoke once more. "Welcome aboard, honored guests, to my humble ship. I hope you enjoy your stay! I see we have a pair of lovely ladies with us tonight." He brought Scarlet's hand up and kissed it. "I am the Captain of this vessel, and if there's anything, anything, you need feel free to ask. As you can see we're well on our way, and the night is falling quickly, I'm sure you all would like to rest. So don't worry, I'll keep my crew from being too loud. Right Jane?" He winked at the girl who immediately blushed and looked down.

All through this, the Rotom crew were looking at the Captain with looks of utmost respect, while Clyde was chuckling and shaking his head at the sight.

The Captain didn't seem to notice, his attention was completely focused on Taiga and Scarlet...with a brief acknowledgment of Cabrakan.

Juyu

The team was back together, after each had fended off their own battles.  Sid had kept track of Wes as she battled that Camerupt, and what he saw disgusted him.  It's like Wes was back to her old self, taking no time to strike a deadly blow.  With the blood still on her claws, he grimaced underneath his collar.  It wasn't over either, as she decided to interrogate one of the left over Zangoose, only to have him fall over dead moments later.  

Fawkes was the first to speak up, still clutched in Wes' grasp.  

"Where are we going next?"

Sid eyed Wes.  Behind the cold gaze was anger, anger that Wes hadn't seen in a long time.  

"Don't know.  Probably should scram before the sheriff finds us.  Where to now...killer?"

His tone had changed.  It was a pretty low grumble at this point.  Wes would have to explain herself before he would even think of letting this slide.  

d2akEes.png

S.S. Showdown

While they arrived to the topside of the ship, Taiga mimicked Cabrakan's speech with her hand.  

"You're starting to be just as bad as that petulant child. Dare I say worse? In any case, let's try this a little more civilly. Say for the sake of argument that I believe your whole delivery of pies to Fryst... as preposterous as that sound. You said the words "and something else" immediately afterwards; I want to know everything about this so called 'something else'... and I mean everything."

She was about to bite his head off then and there, but Scarlet had gotten her attention. 

"I hope this isn't your idea of making friends"

"Friends?!  This guy is as much of a friend as the rest of the furniture on this boat!"  She crossed her arms and started to pout.  "I don't even need friends!  If I wanted to, I could make better friends than him!"  She blushed and looked to the opposite side of Scarlet.  She then let out a faint, "Like you...chrome dome..."

"Look, I know that you and my friend started off on the wrong foot, so how about we try this again? After all, if we're going to be riding together we should make it as pleasant of a ride for all three of us.  My name is Scarlet, and this here is Taiga. Hopefully we can get along well enough! As for why we're here...I don't see how that's any of your business."

"I can introduce myself you bucket head!"  She then looked at the Chandelure and gave him a rather snobby look.  "Yeah punk...if you wanna know what's what, then you best treat me with a little more respect, lest I make sure that fire of yours gets extinguished!"  She stuck out her tongue lazily and licked her lips.  "Now why don't you go on and apologize!"  

Before anyone could react, they were introduced to the captain, a fine pidgeot specimen that made Taiga's eyebrows rise.  "Welcome aboard, honored guests, to my humble ship. I hope you enjoy your stay! I see we have a pair of lovely ladies with us tonight.  I am the Captain of this vessel, and if there's anything, anything, you need feel free to ask. As you can see we're well on our way, and the night is falling quickly, I'm sure you all would like to rest. So don't worry, I'll keep my crew from being too loud. Right Jane?" 

"That's what I like to hear!  A girl needs her beauty sleep, not that I need it or nothin'...Scarlet on the other hand!"  Her smile was as wide as the sea.  "Fufufu!"  The Pidgeot was eyeing them strangely, and Taiga couldn't help but smile back.  "Well Mr. Captain...got a name?"  

Last night was weird. Just... really weird. First of all, he owed Kah something. Absolutely perfect. Because when you owe a woman something, bad things happen... at least in his experience... He would have to find a Dragon Gem as soon as possible. She'd like one of those right? They look nice and make her stronger. Yeah... that should work.

Meanwhile... The dreams he had... well, he rather not talk about it. They were odd even by his standards, and he got punched out by delusions of his best friend. Morning soon came, however, and they pressed on. Surprisingly, they made good time, despite having two kids to watch after. They decided to take a break, Mac sitting on a smooth rock while Kazo just plopped his butt down on the ground.  

"So time to decide what to do. We push to the cave? It's gonna be nightfall by the time we get there, but we totally can do it. This is so exciting, we might be the first people in like, a long time, to see a Legend!" Kazo had to admit, that sounded super exciting, but he was scared nevertheless. He nearly died just fighting rocks... could he stand against one of the most powerful beings the world knew about?

Honestly, he hardly doubted his opinion mattered in the end though, so he decided to remain quiet and see that the others thought.

It was not something she had gotten used to, being expected. Normally when she was about in the world outside of the Order's headquarters she was just another face in the crowds, drifting this way and that without attracting attention. Of course she had been forced to make things different here in Juyu, but that didn't change the fact that this old man recognizing that she needed something put her off. Of course what was more problematic was that he knew she was an Absol in spite of her disguise, but for now she would have to let that slide.

"There is more to you than there seems, old man." She inclined her head, and took a few more steps towards the man so that they could speak without being overheard. "Concerning what you need first, I would help except that I do not know where the others have gone to. Wes and Sid may no longer be in town, and I have not seen the Altaria since the violence began. Still, I will see what I can do about delivering the prize." She paused for a moment to consider how best to word what she had to say, though eventually she decided that being truthful with this man was the best option. She thought of the God Slayer, and gritted her teeth behind her mask.

"As for what I need," it was difficult keeping the anger out of her voice, enough so that this strangely insightful man could likely tell what she was feeling, "it is training. I need to find someone who can help me to grow strong, strong enough to kill a Lucario who rivals the gods themselves. If possible, I need also to find someone who can help me to remember a technique that I forgot some time ago." She went silent after that, contemplating all the many ways she could potentially bring this bastard down while awaiting the man's response.

"U-uh..."

Alleria woke up after being fainted, completely dazed and unaware of what had happened. She saw a woman before her, perhaps the one that made her recover. As a gesture of politeness, she smiled at the woman's direction, before turning around to see what had happened. A stage in ruins, with perhaps someone's body scattered around it. What was left of a chaos that had just happened near her. Some unconscious thugs waiting to be apprehended by the sheriff. Some other people. She looked around herself to see her own condition. Some bruise marks, a big bite mark on her leg that seemed to be healing, and some other cuts and small wounds, while her clothes were somewhat tattered. But...wait, why did she wear a kimono? She never had the money to buy one. Money...money...right, she had to deliver the nuggets to Adarid. But in a condition like this, and with her being stuck in yet another mess, she perhaps couldn't afford to travel alone.

Alleria tried her best to stand up, and succeeded, even if she's still somewhat wobbly. The past several days had been weird for her. She's supposed to go to Juyu to join a music festival as a side trip on her way to Adarid, but why did she get sidetracked into another place like this? What exactly happened? Did she get kidnapped? Somewhat dizzy, she tried to move around and find someone...and noticed a Chimencho not far away from her. Something about her felt familiar...was it the clothing? She did wear a kimono, so perhaps Alleria's one was given by the Chimencho. Which would mean that she's friendly enough.

"A-ah...can I ask you a favor?

Please...go to Adarid with me. I don't want to be alone..."

Alleria, even as she had healed somewhat, still was recovering from her wounds, and was barely conscious to begin with. Speaking those words took most of efforts she could manage to give off, and she fell unconscious again soon afterwards, falling towards the Chimencho.

Juyu

C.C.Wallenstein

It seems that somehow Wallenstein dragged herself out of the scene after that scuffle. After almost killing the Zangoose, it backed off and then the sheriff put a stop to everything or so. Right before she was noticed, she left the competition area. Her first thoughts were to head back to the inn but finding that to be too far, she headed for the bar while still clutching her stomach.

"Miss Wally?! Are you alright?" The owner, seeing her enter, noticed her injured look.

"It's fine, o-owner. Lemme rest here a bit and I'll recover." Luckily, the bar was empty save for she, so Wallenstein wasn't disrupting business or something like that. She fell into an empty seat near the corner and glanced out the window. Promptly, the owner poured a drink and served it at her table. Before she could complain, he said, "this one's on the house."

Hesitantly she accepted.

"What happened?"

"I lost."

"At the music festival? I didn't know you sing." To that, Wallenstein shook her head.

"Some troublemakers appeared and disrupted the festival. I tried to stop then but I wasn't... careful enough. Got hit by a Zangoose and almost died." She frowned. She made such a careless mistake and got punished for it even though she should've been strong enough to easily resolve the situation back then. sheet. She pounded the table with her fist, lightly.

"Well...At least you're alive." The owner noted. "You made a mistake but you can learn from that failure, can't you?"

"...Yeah." Depressed and sober, Wallenstein found herself agreeing. "Yeah." She repeated.

Seeing she was fine, the owner went back to the bar counter to clean his glasses, leaving Wallenstein alone. After a while she finished her drink and gave thanks to the owner. She stood up and left.

X-X-X

The next day, Wallenstein woke early and packed up. She didn't have much on her so her luggage was rather lightweight. In the end she couldn't find the Weavile to repay her debt. To that, she only shrugged. Maybe she'll meet her again somewhere else and she'll be able to pay her back. The interest rate's going to suck though.

She couldn't find Gwen or the Rotom boy either but perhaps during her travels they'll meet again.

Just as the sun was about to rise, she checked out of the inn she was staying at.

"Ah." Just as she was about to head towards the town exit, Wallenstein found herself walking to the festival grounds instead. On a whim, she decided she might as well go see the extent of the damage yesterday.

Archived