Write your questions into the book... (Ghostwriter's AMA)

The Ghostwriter

Since close to every other 'monster' has made themselves one, though I am slightly-offended at being called such, I might as well make one of these silly threads for myself. I may find something placed into it that may make for the seed of a new story, after all.

'snaps and a large glowing purple book appears in the Ghostwriter's hands before opening it up to the first blank page and placing it on a nearby desk next to a quill pen with a decent-sized ink bottle close by' There. If I am not present to answer immediately, it will be answered once I gain awareness of your questions.

I have not yet decided. While many of those present give valid ideas for possible characters, the actual story plot has not yet come into fruition. It is very possible that, for once, we may actually have a 'antagonist-wins' scenario. It is admittedly rare to see such tales, but too many in the libraries of existence makes their impact less effective, yes?

But, for the moment, I am seeing what ideas arise and writing down possible ideas so I do not lose them easily...even with the goons behind me.

how can i be you

'tsk tsk tsk' You need to be much more clear and precise with this question, Ms. Aya. This could be answered in so many ways, none of them of which you may be thinking of.

446f20796f75206c696b65206d653f

...where's Technus when you need him...would someone mind translating this for me?

Are you still having trouble finding something that rhymes with orange?

I still hope that whomever named that fruit such died a painful, horrible death. No, I haven't found a word to rhyme with such an evil... 'sighs' If I find the namer in the Ghost Zone, he or she will no longer exist by the time I am done putting them through the slowest, most-painful set of tortures one can imagine...and I have plenty of time for that.

Sadly, many mortals may have forgotten me due to the show I appeared in once being cancelled over a decade ago. Such a shame, a decent show wound up on the chopping block because the ones creating the show destroyed its animation budget and the show was not earning enough money to cover the costs. This is why its counterpart entertainment, the Fairly Oddparents, remained on the air instead. It is sad, but this is existence for you.

Those fairies make me wonder why we don't have more instances of Desiree wandering about... 'shudders'

Favorite character would be an unfair question for me to answer for a few reasons... 'glares at the prison guards behind him' I look forward to getting my time done and over with...

Characters I respect, however... 'snaps his fingers and makes a recliner chair appear behind himself before sitting down and leaning back in thought' Hm...I can envision two I most-certainly pity. And they are the Box Ghost and Vladimir Plasmious.

In regards to the Box Ghost, not even Daniel takes him seriously. I have even heard cases where the young lad takes advantage of the Box Ghost's presence to beat him into near-nonexistence, and that's just to vent frustration! I do not know about all of you, but I consider such actions quite crude! If he keeps such behavior up, I may have to put him through another 'lesson'...though this time, I am making absolutely certain that there is not a single orange anywhere within that blasted city.

As for Vladimir...I hate to be one to declare this, but I saw his end coming as soon as I saw him with my own eyes, including the bit about having done himself in at the end. When one is driven by vengeance for a crime that was never truly committed...it is a sad tale, indeed. 'shakes head'

Also, Voltex, I am still thinking of how to answer your question, but sadly recalling a past from so long ago is not an easy task...

Well... 'snaps his fingers before a relatively-thin dark-green book appears in his hand' This particular book contains a brief About Me, for those whom are surprisingly unaware of the old Nickelodeon cartoon "Danny Phantom". It should cover the "Who are you?" and "What are you?" questions sufficiently, as well as "What do you do?" to a lesser extent.

As for what I have written...? Well, there are many stories in your particular realm that I have made possible...though I have not always agreed with what changes have been made to some of them... 'grits teeth' In order to bring a story into existence in your world, I must place it first into the mind of the author-to-be. I wish I could bring them into existence myself, but... 'growls'

A recent example relates to the video game series most refer to as the "Dragon Age" trilogy. 'eye twitches at the memory' Originally, It was supposed to be about how one does not need power of one's own to control the masses, about how a particular greedy-for-power noble managed to force a bunch of mages into performing a particular set of rituals to open a way to the dream realm so that he can meet the creator of his realm face-to-face and demand that he be granted the ability to use magic and have full control over such power with the ability to retain his title without fear of being put into slavery by his own nation. Instead, they have eliminated this figure and changed it so that these same mages are instead the greedy ones that tried to take the power of their creator for themselves.

The Tevinter Imperium was not exactly the way depicted in the games. Yes, the structure is similar, but the slaves mentioned...were the mages themselves. When a mage in the Imperium is discovered, he or she was immediately collared and linked to a particular owner with all of their would-be rights suddenly removed, while they were free in other areas of the world. This is even with those born to nobles! If that mage dared to disobey particular commands, the collar would force them to end their own lives. The most-powerful nobles often had many mage slaves.

The end result, however, was still the same. The creation and existence of the Darkspawn. The stories as a whole was supposed to be about a group of heroes at various times, fighting Darkspawn and trying to set straight a history that had been written and altered to justify the enslavement of an entire group of people, with the guise of religion to make certain such imprisonment remained. Anders, especially, would have had reason to be enraged by the treatment he had been forced to endure over his lifetime. But with the changes made, the blonde mage instead has to deal with the absolute shock of the fact that the Blights of the world are indeed caused by a group of greedy mages being guided by a bunch of Old Gods, which did not exist in the original tale. Those Old Gods were instead the souls of those same mages raging against a world that made them into who they had been forced to become by the creator. I am not certain about all of you, but I would be enraged at such things as well.

Archived